[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What other series were destroyed by its fanbase?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Story of RE.jpg (2MB, 4648x3224px) Image search: [Google]
Story of RE.jpg
2MB, 4648x3224px
What other series were destroyed by its fanbase?
>>
>>387713985
Wow, you surely showed them with this epic picture, upvoted!
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>
Pokemon
Mario Kart
Metroid
Mass Effect
>>
>>387713985
5 and 6 could be seen as decent games, but did 7 really ruin the series?
>>
>>387714123
t. hardcore gamer xD
>>
Saints Row
Grand Theft Auto
Sports games
Fallout
Elder Scrolls
>>
>>387714241
I don't understand whats wrong with this. It's just a fun little mod.
>>
>>387714374
/v/irgins here hate re7 because it has no waifu shit and ass physics.
>>
>>387714374
No, it's literally just like classic RE in first person, but autismos get angry and throw their shit at the wall because first person means Outlast knockoff REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
>>
>>387713985
I literally do not understand what you're implying by this image, all of those things are correct

except that RE5 is a fun coop game
>>
>>387714374
RE5 and RE6 weren't horror games, to me at least RE was a horror franchise.
>>
File: 88a.png (533KB, 459x612px) Image search: [Google]
88a.png
533KB, 459x612px
>>387713985
The amount of anal pain RE7 has brought brings me great pleasure.

The fact that it's the best Resident Evil in over a decade doesn't hurt either.
>>
1 and 2 are good, 3 is pretty bad, Veronica X is pretty good, 4 is pretty good on it's own but started the trend that fucking ruined the game, QTE, "infected" enemies, action game mechanics, 5 and 6 are ABSOLUTE SHIT, go play Gears, 7 tried something new and it works.

Yeah, Resident evil was ruined by the fanbase that gulped down 4-5 and 6.
>>
>destroyed by its fanbase
>Capcom casualized the franchise to appeal to the FPS kiddies

OP if you want a good thread, you should post an actual example.
>>
>>387714845
5 is worthwhile if only for online mercenaries mode and good co-op
>>
>>387714627
capcomwill never make a good game like RE4 or RE5 again thanks to the autismo "DUDE LITERALLY HARDCORE FROM THE PS1 ERA"
>>
The Sims.

EA pandered t tumblr too hard
>>
>>387714241
I've played DOOM since I was like 5 years old. DOOM 1, 2, 3, NuDOOM, all kinds of wads, etc.

Brutal DOOM is fucking great, I honestly don't know how someone couldn't enjoy it. Yeah it's edgy or whatever, but it's part of the fun. You go around with new fun weapons, fun and new mechanics, silly blood effects and other shit like kicking your enemies or flipping them off, etc.

It's a good mod. Why are there so many whiners about it?
>>
>>387714845
>>387714979
>QTE, "infected" enemies
>RE4 IS LITERALLY FPS KIDDIES XD
Found the basement dweller pothead
>>
>>387715160
>be OP
>get BTFO
>pretend to be retarded
>>
File: file.png (190KB, 663x432px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
190KB, 663x432px
>>
>>387715160
I said "QTE, Infected Enemies and Action Game Mechanics" do you find anything wrong with that? Without resorting to things i never said (literally FPS) can you confute my points?

PSH, DIDN'T THINK SO, YOU'RE A THOUDANDS YEAR TOO YOUNG KIDDO *sheates back katana*
>>
>>387715057
>RE5
>good
Just go play Gears of War dude. That's exactly what you're looking for except way better.
>>
>>387715297
>get BTFO
Don't you have a weed thread in /b/ ? go fuck yourself
>>
>>387714374
I just hated how you couldn't actually run in it? Oh a psycho is chasing me with a axe? Better power walk away.
>>
>>387714627
>it's literally just like classic RE in first person
No it isn't. Puzzles are easy, ammo is plentiful, there's no fucking zombies, there's no resource management, there's so much shit wrong with it. Anyone who claims RE7 is just like classic RE has never played RE1
>>
>>387715154
It's a damn good mod, but the fanbase for it is annoying and the creator is a fucking hack.
>>
>>387714593
>>387715154
>Some of the features don't fit well in the gameplay, because they're either poorly executed or shouldn't mix, which makes Doom go from run-and-gun to stop-and-pop
>Fatalities are a gimmick that gets old quick and are basically an anti gameplay feature, so you're better off watch someone else play it
>Whole concept sounds like a fanfiction/parody of Doom that was written by an edgy 13 year old
>Coding is kind of a mess, with examples being the 0.L glitch and the damaging lights from Brutal Doom 64
>Most features aren't that unique and were done better in other mods, while even existing in other mods before this one
>Ability to grab enemies shows some ugly art work of the Imp and Zombiemen, while Brutal Doom 64 had a Tchernobog from Blood posing as a Revenant and a bigger Arachnotron with a Skull as a Spiderdemon
>Ability to remove reloading is poorly coded, where it's just "skips" it, rather than actually removing it
>"Map Enchancement Script", which is meant to make vanilla maps more realisitc, so expect a lot of game breaking
>Female player looks like Samus Aran cut her lips because she just really likes the Joker
And it's popular because
>People don't have high standards for mods in gerenal, even for a game with possibly one of the biggest modding scenes, that is praised as a good example of game design, which is also why they say mods are always bad
>Mod having wide appealing features, such as iron sight and the fatalities, with the latter being based on the "Rip and tear" meme, which was popular among Doom fans
>Game journalists praising it, because as usual, they're fucking retards
>Mod is in some casual test/"gamer" culture meme position, where it's just Doom's version of Dark Souls Comparisons and jokes about Link's name, so it has its own field compared to other mods, since Doom modding in itself is too niche, even if some mods are way better.
>>
>>387715565
>Puzzles are easy, ammo is plentiful
sounds exactly like classic RE then
>>
File: 1483637379730.png (351KB, 599x399px) Image search: [Google]
1483637379730.png
351KB, 599x399px
>>387715565
>puzzles in RE1 were hard
>>
>>387714305
Pokemon's fanbase is pretty tame unless you go searching for the wild parts intentionally. by wild parts i mean those deranged people at /vp/
>>
>>387715408
not an argument
enjoy being BTFO
>>
Sly Thieves in Times was made by fans
>>
>>387715338
>Add shit about how bad old Dante looked like
>Later in the game, Dante starts to resemble his old design and even have a special form based on it
>>
File: file.png (279KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
279KB, 450x350px
>>387716430
>and then they released costumes of the old skins
>>
>>387716512
What an amazing ride this game was.
>>
>>387714845
>3 is pretty bad
what
>>
>>387716605
I'll always be glad this game was made, just for the absolutely amazing ride that was /v/ during it's release
>>
>>387715408
t. BTFO sperg
>>
What game series were affected by fans in a good way?
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.