[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a game developer creating a game with emphasis on "16-bit"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: DK retro.jpg (68KB, 480x635px) Image search: [Google]
DK retro.jpg
68KB, 480x635px
I'm a game developer creating a game with emphasis on "16-bit" era 3D used in most concept art released by rare.

Ask me anything.
>>
You could help by posting assets or something as proof
>>
Have fun emulating the baked lighting in gameplay perfectly.
>>
>>387709518
how much penis do you gobble? how often? and do you have a history of gobbling?
>>
>>387709518
instead of using nintendo nostalgia to grab attention you should also post your fucking game you worthless faggot
>>
>>387709518
Some pictures would be nice, I don't have a reason to take you seriously otherwise
>>387709978
>>/hm/
>>
File: 257.png (22KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
257.png
22KB, 300x100px
>>387709518
Post proof, if not
>>387709978
Answer his question
>>
>its ok for Nintendo to use bullshots
>>
Yeah, I'm working on a game too. Almost done with it, just need a developer and publisher now.
>>
A game concept should be mostly a gameplay concept, not the visual style
>>
File: Dkc2-art-shipwreck.jpg (62KB, 459x600px) Image search: [Google]
Dkc2-art-shipwreck.jpg
62KB, 459x600px
>>387709673

Soon enough I will.

>>387709947

This wasn't the most difficult task.

>>387709978

No history.
>>
File: Metal Mario in Hazy Maze Cave.jpg (826KB, 922x1125px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Mario in Hazy Maze Cave.jpg
826KB, 922x1125px
>>387709518
Any nods to the n64 concept art phase?
>>
>>387709518
What kind of gameplay is inspired by the style?
>>
Have you rendered yourself sucking your own dick yet?
>>
>>387710820
I'm going for an F.M.V. point and click game. With some action elements.
>>
File: concept.jpg (21KB, 227x222px) Image search: [Google]
concept.jpg
21KB, 227x222px
>>387710820
>>387710407

The closest gameplay I can compare to , is a much more polished version of Pandemonium on PS1 and Mystical Ninja Goemon on N64.
>>
>>387711012
No history of it.
>>
>>387710407
Yeah, there is totally only one way to make a game. You must be a veteran industry "ideas guy".
>>
>>387711424
Most games that prioritize an aesthetic or their cool factor tend to turn out pretty shit, if you look as far back as the NES. There's outliers, but those are mostly extremely niche and often experimental games. You wanna aim for Rez and Ico and Mischief Makers (incredible style backed by unique qualities and substance), not Primal Rage or Lair or Beyond Two Souls.
>>
>>387711928

The story of Miyazaki leaving his accounting job to become a game designer is what inspired me to do this project in the first place.

The game that was his catalyst was Ico. It's a huge inspiration to me as well.
>>
>>387711928
THIS. Ironically that was the biggest problem and biggest cause of shit games in the era OP claims to be going for as well. So many consoles and games blew the graphics and aesthetics of the Nintendo games out of the water, aaaand they were all shit. Just look the the Jaguar, it's pretty much everything wrong with that era of games in one package.
>>
>>387712190
As long as you're not like the millions of indie devs who go "I loved Ico, I'll just do that," you should be fine. Your concept of how your game plays and paces itself is the most important part.
>>
>>387712252

No one these days are inept enough to disregard the meat (gameplay) of the game. I am just so enamored by the style and it plays an important part.
>>
>>387712527
>No one these days are inept enough to disregard the meat (gameplay) of the game.
Do you just not pay attention to video games?

Most of the games that come out, indie and AAA alike, are mass appeal or style over substance. This year has been seen as a fucking renaissance because there's more than a dozen notable games that actually focus on being fun to play.
>>
File: gay.gif (987KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
gay.gif
987KB, 500x382px
>>387709518
post fucking screenshots or something
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.