[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he the last of the pristine 90s/00s gaming nerds? Will the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: frozen in time.jpg (90KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
frozen in time.jpg
90KB, 1920x1080px
Is he the last of the pristine 90s/00s gaming nerds? Will the release of his movie signal the final chapter in the saga of primeval youtube celebrities like him and spoony, for good or for ill? How do you think his career will pan out?
>>
>>387706289
How old is he exactly?
>>
>>387706793
30something, since he is a big fan of Diablo ('96) and Half-Life ('98) and features DOS games from the late 80s that he played as a kid on his channel.
>>
I honestly think his movie will flop. Not because it's awful, but because with Ross's taste in everything the movie will be outdated by 20 years at release. I'm expecting Reboot-level cgi with jankier animations.

It sucks, because Ross is obviously putting an insane amount of love into it. I want it to succeed and like it, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>387707270
I have a bad feeling that it will be harry's mod " film".
>>
>>387706289
LGR
>>
File: Tfw someones kills a game.png (54KB, 133x168px) Image search: [Google]
Tfw someones kills a game.png
54KB, 133x168px
Stop killing games
>>
File: Ross2012.jpg (333KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ross2012.jpg
333KB, 1280x960px
>>387707270
Can't wait. I'm 30 and I've played and loved almost all of the games that he has. A love letter to turn of the century gaming culture by an apparently bright dude who still dresses like he was in high school in 2001 is the comfiest thing I can imagine.
>>
>>387707485
ADG
>>
>>387707690
I'm in the same place as you man. I'm just afraid the movie will be too niche to be a success. And with Freeman's Mind the guy know what success is.

I know how much it hurts having your dream project ripped apart and I don't want it to happen to Ross. He's the only Youtuber I enjoy nowadays.
>>
>>387707270
>Reboot level CGI
It's going to be at the quality of Civil Protection I'd assume. You guys don't give him enough credit, he's got a lot of talent.

Ross is literally one of the only content creators on Youtube you shouldn't be pessimistic about in terms of future products. He delivers.
>>
File: caa.png (200KB, 568x638px) Image search: [Google]
caa.png
200KB, 568x638px
>>387707690
>that Jesus level hair
>laid back metal head geek personality
>those pecs
His GF's a lucky lady.
>>
AWW GEEZ I'M RUNNIN' LATE
>>
>>387706289
the movie will end him like it did every other idiot youtuber that thought doing such a thing was a good idea
>>
>>387706289
We don't deserve Ross as /ourguy/
>>
>>387708736
Is he still doing it alone or has he finally accepted outside help?
>>
>>387709450
He can do new game dungeon episodes for years and I'll watch it.
>>
>>387709450
>He's actually made larger projects compared to his other works that feature his better material
>They were genuinely good and lived up to the hype
Ross isn't AVGN. Plus he's smart enough to keep the movie's limits within what he knows, that's a good indicator.

>>387709546
You should watch his monthly video chats with fans, he gives a lot of insightful information in those. There's a playlist on his channel.

Some of the stuff he's asked for help for I won't say due to people on here being absolute cunts and could put his work in jeopardy. He hasn't accepted anything like VA work if that's what you're thinking. He's more than happy to accept animators though as far as I'm aware, he accepts texture work too I think.
>>
>>387709450
I don't think so. He'll just get it out of his system and realize that being a movie maker is something he already is minus the logistics of making a full length movie. I have no idea why so many of these e-celebs are in love with making a movie.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.