[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do i suck so much at dark souls? I have like 200+ hours in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: dark_souls_3_pvp_.jpg (206KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
dark_souls_3_pvp_.jpg
206KB, 1920x1080px
Why do i suck so much at dark souls? I have like 200+ hours in the first 2 games and 100+ in the third and yet i barely ever win a pvp. I guess i am fine in pve but in pvp i loose 9 out of 10 games
>>
>>387706127
You're not Japanese.
>>
>>387706127
i think i am retarded
>>
>>387706127
PVP means nothing, the game has a shitty netcode, so everyone can hit each other from 10 meters away.
Winning is literally just a matter of luck.
>>
>loose

I'd chop the dick off of everyone who cant properly write 'lose'
>>
>>387706127
Dex builds dominate the PVP scene, followed by mages, and finally STRfags.
Just stick to PVE and do stupid shit like casting poison mist or something in PVP.
>>
>>387706127

You need a better connection mod in pvp

The reason why Dark Souls was such a big hit when Microsoft still had the pvp was because there was already DsFix and DsFriendfix so everyone playing had no problem dealing with each others
>>
>>387706329
Listen to this anon, a majority of the important content is through pve.
Pvp is awful in a game that does not revolve around it.
>>
>>387706783

>mages
>dominating shit in DS3

Mages fucking suck in DS3. Where as before you'd have to actually time your roll to avoid a barrage of magic now you can just fucking mash B and avoid everything a mage can throw at you until he's out of FP then stab him in the mouth.
>>
>>387707652
>B

Someone's playing the wrong version.
>>
>>387706783

>mages being able to kill anything

they're trash bruh, just gonna roll through every single thing you cast till you run out of ashen estus, then smack you in the fucking face and laugh at your shit armor stats.
>>
>>387706329
False
>>
Ds1 pvp: fishing for backstabs
Ds2: actual skill required
Ds3: pray for the net code not fucking you
>>
>>387707882
...?
Wii U Pro Controller on PC?
>>
>>387707652
>>387707923
I was talking about Dark Souls (1)....
Pursuers, dark fog, soulmass, anything that will make you roll away is an opening I can use to either timely cast another spell or attack you.
>>
>>387707882

But I have roll bound to B on my keyboard, retard.
>>
>>387708148
>actual skill required
>let me just stunlock and poison you with this here dagger
>>
>>387706127
PVP is totally different than PVE for the most part. PVP is all about out pacing and being patient and not making mistakes. You have to know your weapons exact range and know theirs. You have to play mind games and bait them into attacking you and know when to run in for a hit/combo. Also you need to know the bare minimum meta, I can't tell you how many times I get invaded by a scrub that tries to parry my two handed greatsword attacks, parrying doesn't work for two handed greatswords and up, BUT if you're doing a running attack with a two handed greatweapon+ you can get parried. PVP is much more complex and there's a lot of little things you have to know and get used to.
>>
>>387708148

>DS2
>actual skill required

Say that to my omnimage build.
>>
>>387708148
DS2 had the "funnest" PVP because of the covenants and it had the most viable variety of builds. DS1 I think still to this day has the most balanced PVP though and DS3 has mediocre PVP.
>>
>>387706127
What weapon are you using for PvP OP? Are you infusing you weapons to compliment your stats? Do you Pvp often enough to know what gets you killed most often? Ignore the hyper shitter never evers saying pvp is bad, they just dont like getting their assholes stretched by me.
>>
>>387708807
I generaly enjoy strength builds more but i also have high dexterity. I am curently using dragonslayer axe, but in ds1 i had a sorcery build which was the best i ever got in pvp
>>
>>387706127
Fast weapons with good reach and running attacks dominate 1v1 duels. Stuff like the washing pole, follower sabre, carthus curved sword, gargoyle flame lance,estoc, etc. with a black Knight shield to block opponent's pokes.

In invasions it's a whole different ballgame. You need a weapon that can let you reliably 1v3, which means either having hyper armor strong enough to cleave through multiple dudes at once, or a weapon with a combo strong enough to 100-0 unembered phantoms. Sellsword twinblades with a buff, splitleaf greatsword, gael's greatsword, and other weapons with true combos are very popular. You still won't be able to 100-0 hosts unless they don't level vigor but you should be able to kill them in 2 combos.

The other option for invasions is to play incredibly safe and passive, forcing the host to fight in unfavorable circumstances. Camping the giants who summon archers in ringed city, retreating through hordes of dogs, knocking people off ledges and ladders, etc. Since seeds were nerfed this is much more viable

No matter what weapon you use, only use the attacks that are actually good. There's no point using shitty r2s or weapon arts unless you're super scared of getting parried, and even then it's better to just switch to a different one than to gimp yourself. If you switch between a straight sword and estoc with a black Knight shield you can spam r1 to your hearts content
>>
>>387708807
>by me
Meet me in lost izalith faggot see what happens
>>
friednly reminder that Dark Souls PvP "tournaments" are always won by rapier turtling
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.