[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it really that bad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg (33KB, 350x399px) Image search: [Google]
Fallout_4_box_cover.jpg
33KB, 350x399px
Is it really that bad?
>>
>>387705760
It's fairly decent if you've enjoyed the previous ones.
>>
File: Powered by the engine.png (333KB, 550x578px) Image search: [Google]
Powered by the engine.png
333KB, 550x578px
It's great!
>>
>>387705760
It's better than 3. It has the same problems 3 has (a little bit worse) but the combat is at least good, and so is the base building. As an RPG both 3 and 4 fail terribly.
>>
Gonna give it a whirl again. Any mods you guys would recommend?
>>
File: 1484249895016.png (2MB, 1275x695px) Image search: [Google]
1484249895016.png
2MB, 1275x695px
>>387706405
>its better than 3
found the underage

>>387708165
>what mods?
the uninstall wizard
>>
>>387709392
Sup' Sawyer
>>
>>387705760
It's an awful fallout game, but a decent shooter.
Base building is decent until you discover it doesn't actually make a damn bit of difference.
>>
>>387705760
It's just not good. By the way if you have ps4 don't bother buying the game if you are not going for stealth/sniper - can't hit a shit with pad without vast.
>>
>>387705760
Yes but remember that /v/ shits on everything good so expect to get a lot of 'no's.
>>
>>387708165
CBBE and sex mod called four play that's all you need
>>
>>387705760
No.
>>
>>387705760
The storyline and anything to do with anything remotely approaching dialog fucking sucks harder than a $10 hooker in Bangkok. The shooting is alright but revolutionized exactly nothing, instead simply bringing Bethesda up to where other games have been for 10-ish years. The only thing that this did well was Power Armor, and even that's a stretch.
>>
>>387706405
>the combat is good

It's not, its just more like an actual shooter now but its worse.

>power attack/gun bash is bound to the same key as grenades and they cant be rebound because consoles
>shots are blocked by invisible barriers constantly, something that rarely happened in 3 and NV
>can't shoot guns out of people's hands anymore because weapon durability is gone
>shooting grenades out of midair is basically impossible now because VATS slows time instead of stopping it like before
>press X to crit

I could go fucking on and on
>>
>>387705760
Yeah. It's boring and it looks like hot garbage. The player voices are terrible and ruin immersion, and the central theme of "can computers be people" is lame. It's a semi-competent shooter but even that is shitty because outside of customizing your weapons, there's no real substance; on top of that, the weapon damage values don't make much sense. Base building is fun at first until it just becomes a tedious chore that has no impact on the game whatsoever. The companion NPCs, like the factions themselves, are dull and uninspired. The base building DLCs and Vault 88 DLC are disappointing, adding nothing of value to the game; the Nuka World and Far Harbor DLCs are admittedly pretty good.

HOWEVER

Like any Bethesda game, you can fix a lot of these issues with a fuckton of mods. Won't improve the story at all, but it can add a bit of longevity to an otherwise total waste of money.

So if all that makes it "that bad" then yes, it really is that bad.
>>
>>387711812
The weapons are also horribly unbalanced

The hands down best weapon in the game is a wounding combat shotgun, its horrendously broken and its a vanilla weapon that takes an incredibly abundant ammo type, and on top of that is one of the more common legendary weapon drops, I have yet to go a single playthrough without stumbling on one.
>>
>>387709392
Fallout 4 actually has mediocre gameplay, whereas 3 is terrible all round
>>
>>387711812
It really is a shame that no one could do a damn thing about the story, and by the time the modding kit was released, no one gave a single fuck about the game any longer.
>>
>>387709552
>Base building is decent until you discover it doesn't actually make a damn bit of difference.
>Tell someone this
>they block me

Sometimes I think those review scores might actually not be influenced by money and people really do have shit taste.
>>
>>387711489
>VATS slows time instead of stopping it like before
That's one of the only improvements in F4 for me.
Vats was broken and stupid as fuck in 3 and NV.
>90% dmg resist in vats
>just headshot with vats and run away until ap meter fills up, headshot again, rinse repeat
It removed any challenge from the game.
>>
File: 1490682927070.jpg (219KB, 510x530px) Image search: [Google]
1490682927070.jpg
219KB, 510x530px
>>387705760
yes
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.