[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened to Gran Tursimo ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Xg93uPY.jpg (34KB, 711x350px) Image search: [Google]
Xg93uPY.jpg
34KB, 711x350px
What the fuck happened to Gran Tursimo ?
>>
File: 38475.jpg (2KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
38475.jpg
2KB, 123x125px
Gran what? No wonder the Xbox is failing, who the fuck cares about racing games?
>>
>>387704892
I like mario kart. That's racing game right?
>>
>1600x1800

what kind of jank ass resolution is that
>>
>>387704892
racing games were the only reason to play on console until forza came to windows
such a shame I have to use win10 now, but whatever
>>
Forza is a multimillion dollar proyect made by hundreds of developers and supportes by Microsoft money

Gran Turismo is made by Polyphony Digital which are a dozen of gooks that refuses to give jobs to gaijins

Basically, Gran Turismo is no longer AAA while Forza is but GT still tries to be AAA
>>
>>387705042
kys
>>
>the best racer
>the best graphics
>the best shooter (PUBG)
>>
>>387704391
GT isn't cinematic enough to be supported by Sony.
Who knows, EA put a story mode in Fifa and Madden, maybe Sony will add a story to GT too.
>>
>>387704391
What happened was, Kaz got the memo a generation too late. The fat trimming needed to happen back when GT5 was a thing instead of it taking a fucking age to come out with several delays and being a game with maybe 200 as of then current gen cars and then GT4's carlist tacked onto it and a shitty campaign and barebones online, then GT6 was more of the same with arguably in some ways a shittier single player component. Now I love GT, especially the fact that it historically included cars no other company in their right mind would put in (aside from other Japanese companies arguably) and yeah I could deal with and use the PS2 modeled cars in GT5 and 6, but the series would be better off if they moved the focus onto quality over quantity back in GT5.

Sport would probably be allot less barebones now if they had some usable framework they could of brought over, they also could focus more on other areas as well to catch up. Another thing is, is this whole focus on E-sports and the FIA thing, may lead to at least some decent races online with the match making and penalties system, but it's yet again fucking over the single player and is the reason we have the low amount of cars and the whole class based system probably.
>>
>>387704391
GT left it's focus on driving historic landmarks of the car industry and shitboxes in favor of appealing to hardcore sim racer guys and kiddies who want to race the lastest Lambo abomination.

GT isn't about the love of cars anymore and I'm sad for it.
>>
>one game is released every year so a big development at the start pays off in the next decade
>one comes out every 5 years so its always a new game from the ground up
>>
>>387705671
I'm fine with more super cars but yeah it lost sight of what it was.

On top of that, it picked a shitty time to reinvent and rebuild it's self (assuming they do build back up) since the competition is well planted now.
>>
File: Driveclub Bikes.webm (957KB, 960x300px) Image search: [Google]
Driveclub Bikes.webm
957KB, 960x300px
>>387704391
Forza:
>Before this E3 it was 1 of the only 2 franchises still exclusive to Xbox (it's not a PC multiplat, but my point still remaind)
>Got the entire backing of MS's money
>Consistent franchise, shitting out a game every year, with a mainline game every 2 years. The team has a solid workflow if nothing else

GT:
>Just one of many collaborating studios with Sony, they dont' get nearly as much attention from their daddy as Forza does from MS.
>Thus it doesn't get nearly as much money invested into it from Sony, the developer team is probably much smaller than Forza's
>Inconsistent release schedule, bad workflow

Nothing really happened to GranTurismo. It's just that MS is super focused on Forza (just as they are on Halo even though it's a dead horse they are still contracting the best developers worldwide to join 343i for each Halo game as freelance). The more money, studio space and other resources you invest the better the game will be (by better I just mean "has more content" in this case).
Did you notice Sony drastically expanding Polyphony Digital like MS did to Turn10? No. There's your reason.
>>
>>387705153
One he made up himself.
It is propably going to be 3200x1800c upscaled to 4k.
>>
>It's another "believe OP pulling shit out of his ass without a source" thread

I hate you faggots
>>
>>387706824
Also.. Gran Turismo Sport isn't a mainline entry.
>>
>>387708870
It is, dickhead. They gave a clear reason why its not numbered and it is in fact a mainline game.
>>
>>387707039
Actually 137 cars...
>>
>>387706824
Microsoft focusing on things is usually a bad thing though
>>
>>387709385
no
>>
more like gran autismo lmao
>>
File: IMG_1106.png (167KB, 755x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1106.png
167KB, 755x757px
GT Sports will outsell Forza faggot
>>
File: Destroyed.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Destroyed.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>>387709814
>>
>>387710027
How does outselling matter for the players? PS4 Pro owners now get a cut?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.