[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

These are mobile games in 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

File: unnamed.jpg (403KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
403KB, 1600x900px
https://youtu.be/7TYSEk-oD4U

>tfw a phone game looks better than games on the Switch

And people still like to pretend portable consoles will be relevant in a couple years. Seriously, how can the Switch even compete with this?
>>
>>387699231
>how can the Switch even compete with this?
Physical buttons.
>>
Just another eye-wrenching nudefest formulaic korean hack-and-slash. The fucking millenial music doesn't help.
>>
>mobile games
lmao'ing @ you're life
>>
File: 1486336641491.jpg (51KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486336641491.jpg
51KB, 640x480px
>>387699449
>>
I'm so tired of that same boring generic artstyle all these games have
>>
>>387699449
>implying buttons matter to most people who play portable games.

Remember Brain Age?
Remember Warioware?
You also don't need buttons to play an RPG, or a Strategy game like FE, or a Pokemon-like.
>>
>>387699606
>he fell for the Switch meme
Not as hard as I'm lmaoing at yours m8
>>
File: 1498411172945.png (189KB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1498411172945.png
189KB, 450x472px
>>387699842
>
>>
>>387699231
>Seriously, how can the Switch even compete with this?
>maybe by actually porting a definitive version to game like they did already with VOEZ and Implosion
with no mirco-transactions
>buttons you can actually press
>provide more variety, since all the games in the trailer are literally the same genre

in all it's up to the devs who are making games for the switch to "make it look better" or not
>>
Unreal Engine 4 works with switch though. Now we just need a game that isn't copypasta like the 7 in this video.
>>
>>387700732
The difference those games are free and on a platform that everyone owns. Switch games are $60 and locked behind a $300 tablet that only plays exclusive titles, has no browser, no messenger, no youtube, and a shit battery life, and will be outclassed and outdated by smartphones and tablets in 3 years time.
>>
>>387701129
And what all this butthurt have to do with game quality itself?

Phone games mostly run and play like shit because they have to run in gorillion of different specs on top of being forced to use touchscreen. No amount of argument is going change that m8.
>>
>>387701129
>wanting all that media player trash on your gaming console
>caring about smartphones and tablets when there isn't a single game worth playing on the google play store or app store.
Only thing I really agree with is that the battery life is shitty. Nintendo can get away with charging $300 and then $60 for each new game because the games are worth paying for. You get what you pay for, everything free on a commercial platform is garbage at best and a scam at worst.
>>
>>387699694
But what's in the OP are action games, with virtual buttons taking up screen space
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mf1o-1xc3g
>>
>>387701129
>i'm buying the switch to treat it like a smartphone and not a game device while buying a $700 phone to treat it like a gaming device and not a smartphone
>>
>>387701870
Battery life has always been this and that with handhelds to be honest. I had a 3DS that lasted for 3 - 5 hours when playing a game continuously and it was like that on the Vita too. Fortunately, all of them don't kill battery life that much in sleep mode or without running a game in the background
>>
>>387702896
Retards are forgetting that battery tech isn't advancing that much, we need way more power than like DS/PSP era.

Its a miracle that Switch don't drain battery faster. 3 hours for a demanding game isn't that bad, and can run up to 5 in less demanding, shit is really overblown.
>>
>>387702896
>Battery life has always been this and that with handhelds to be honest
The game boy line had fantastic battery life. I understand that we can't expect 3D graphics AND good battery life, but it does kind of kill the appeal of handhelds for me. I don't have a switch yet but when I get one I doubt I'll ever use it as a handheld.
>>
>>387702631
Why buy a game device when you own a smartphone with better games than a game device?

Admit it, the Switch is only for Nintendo enthusiasts.
>>
CUM PLAY MY LORD
>>
File: hear-that.jpg (22KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
hear-that.jpg
22KB, 500x346px
>>387699231
OH GOD THE MUSIC IS BURNING MY EARS
>>
>>387699449
Fpbp. I think we're done here
>>
>>387699231
>Seriously, how can the Switch even compete with this?

Physical controls are better than tappy screen controls. They always have been, they always will be, and it will be the reason why smartphone games will always be held back.

The day that the iphone starts selling first-party controllers / a dock is the day console manufacturers start to worry. apple will never do it, though.
>>
>>387703182
>a smartphone with better games than a game device
Can you list a single good game for smartphones? Only one I can think of is Super Hexagon which is a port of a game that's better on PC.
>>
File: model-3-social.jpg (343KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
model-3-social.jpg
343KB, 2880x1800px
>>387703068
>battery tech isn't advancing that much,
Except it is.
>>
>>387703364
Battlecats but its better on 3ds
>>
>>387703287
Even if apple did that, the only cause for worry would be if those controllers were bundled in with the purchase of the phone. Mobile game makers are casting the widest net possible to try and catch a whale. Even if their game were improved by a controller they would never support it because it would limit their audience.
>>
>>387703364
Can you say the same for Switch?

There's a few good mobile games btw, Out There is pretty good. So is that YuGiOh game. And these Korean action games all look impressive.

Fact of the matter is, having the biggest install base, and with the constant increase in tech, phones will keep getting more and more games, and those games will keep getting better and better.

The Switch is faced with an uphill battle in this competition.
>>
>>387703379
>look guys battery tech is advancing!
>posts vehicle with 100 kWh battery

I mean teslas are cool but bro that's a gigantic fucking battery. Teslas are successful because of their engineering processes and motors, less because of battery efficiency.
>>
File: 11_Xperia_Z3_PS4jpg.jpg (1MB, 5671x4946px) Image search: [Google]
11_Xperia_Z3_PS4jpg.jpg
1MB, 5671x4946px
>>387699449
>>
>>387703604
There's new research being poured into battery tech. Also, 10 years ago, the same size battery could barely power a golf cart, let alone a sports car with better acceleration that F1 machines.

To say there's barely been any improvements is downright retarded, as there definitely has, it's just the demands from mobile devices has kept up.
>>
>>387703542
Yep. Those same shitty devs are also looking for the easiest way to crank out a buck, and crafting a game to 'feel good' around a controller is last on their list of priorities. Most of those shit mobile "games" are just skinner boxes or calculated time wasters.

>>387703556
Switch has few pure "exclusives" right now, but the games on it are fun. I finally broke down and bought a switch after I did a round-trip flight to europe bored as fuck. playing zelda on the go is pretty neat, and makes my bus commute go by in a flash. mario kart is fun to share with someone else. those two games make it worth the purchase for me, and with new games on the horizon I'm kinda excite.
>>
>>387703182
>better games on smartphone
>BETTER GAMES on S M A R T P H O N E
LORD JESUS YOU DID NOT
>>
>looks
Graphic fags will never learn.
>>
>>387703556
>Can you list a single good game for smartphones?
>Can you say the same for Switch?
nice question dodge
>>
>>387703556
Zelda is best on Switch though that's not good enough to make me buy one since I already have a Wii U. Snipperclips is a good game. Switch has the only portable version of most multiplats, like Sonic Mania. These are selling points.

I have a phone, I carry it with me all hours of every day, and yet I don't have a single game installed on it, because the market is trash. Koreans can make games that "look impressive" but they can't make anything that actually plays well. Yu Gi Oh is shit and Out There is roguelite trash.

I don't expect the Switch to make as much money as smartphone marketplaces do. I DO expect it to have games that are actually worth spending money on though. What matters more to you? Quality or sales?
>>
>>387704084
Yes I did. Switch has no games. How could it even compete?
>>
Remember when the 3DS was doomed because of smartphones. Me too.

>in b4 "but it's the worst selling nintendo handheld!"
>>
>>387704245
>hops to "switch has no games" argument
okay you know what I'm just gonna go play some vidya
>>
File: 1503126196298.png (301KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1503126196298.png
301KB, 604x604px
>>387703775
Who actually has one of these things though?
>>
>>387701129
> has no browser, no messenger, no youtube, and a shit battery life, and will be outclassed and outdated by smartphones and tablets in 3 years time.

Do you retards really want all that shit?

I use my computer/phone for that stuff and my Switch for gaming. I don't wanna use my Switch for messaging or YT or anything like that, fucking hell.

Do you really think a Switch is gonna replace your phone? No? Then why would you want them wasting time/power failing to do so?

The PS2 playing DVD's didn't revolutionise shit, neither did the XBox/PS4 playing Blu-Rays or HD-TV's or any of the other useless garbage they forced onto those consoles to make them "Home Entertainment devices".
>>
>>387704706
My favorite aspect of the switch is that it doesn't have that bloatware bullshit to trigger my adhd. when I'm playing a game that's all I'm doing on it. I don't get push notifications from youtube or messages from friends. When I'm playing a game on the bus I put my phone deep into my backpack on silent mode to have 0 distractions, and it's fucking paradise. The rest of the day I'm absolutely bombarded by distractions and pings from work or my phone, having time to just game is fantastic.
>>
>>387704706
to be honest, while these features would be nice, i can't help to think that adding these features will cut down on the fast and snappy UI of the Switch. it literally takes seconds to jump into a game.
>>
>>387699231
Mobile games are a legally recognized mistake.
>>
>>387699231
>shitty MMO clones with microtransactions
>>
>>387701129
>has no browser, no messenger, no youtube

Do people actually use that? Random people send me friend requests, try to chat with me on my Vita and I remove them from my friends list.
>>
>>387703775
Hahh, looks like a gay chastity belt.
>>
File: 1402589292647.png (75KB, 335x329px) Image search: [Google]
1402589292647.png
75KB, 335x329px
Surprised people are using the "muh mobile gaymes" and "muh physical buttons" argument instead of just saying that those games look much worse than most things in the Switch
>>
>>387699231
Even if those games look fantastic, they are still korean mobile garbage, and this will likely never change.
>>
>>387706787
>upset people care more about gameplay than graphics

fuck I miss old /v/
>>
>>387709682
I'm more upset at people trying to fight falsehoods with subjects irrelevant to the discussion without pointing out its falsehood
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.