[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just downloaded this game on the Eshop. What am I in for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

Just downloaded this game on the Eshop.

What am I in for?
>>
>>387698223
1 bag for everything with limited space
Psychic pokemon are overpowered as fuck
>>
>>387698223
>What am I in for?
Pokemon blue version for the Nintendo Gameboy
>>
>>387698776
>Psychic Pokemon are OP as fuck
This.

Pokemon was more about being lorefriendly than competitive back then. Psychic mons were constantly hyped up to be strong as fuck.
>>
File: The problem with gen 1.png (196KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
The problem with gen 1.png
196KB, 893x1200px
Your bag can only carry 20 kinds of items, though your PC can hold onto all your items for you.

If you've played any recent Pokémon games, type effectiveness may confuse you. For example, Gen 1 Psychic types are immune to ghosts, instead of weak to it. In fact they have no meaningful counters because their only weakness is Bug type, and there were no worthwhile bug type attacks.

There's also a shitload of technical problems but you probably won't notice in casual play.
>>
>>387698971
Yeah, the original games were never intended for multiplayer battle, until Nintendo stepped in and asked them to implement it.
That's why you had shit like Blizzard being OP as fuck with 90% accuracy.
>>
A game of its time
>>
>>387698223
Fun game when it came out. Aged like milk.
>>
JUST PLAY IT AND FIND OUT
FUCK
>>
A slow paced and simplistic turned based RPG.
>>
...is this nigga serious? Are you actually serious, OP?
>>
>>387698223

I like the graphics of the original more than FireRed/LeafGreen
>>
The newer games qol changes make gen 1 almost unplayable.
>>
>>387699123
Why is blizzard op? Is not hydro pump just as strong?
>>
>>387699315
But when milk ages long enough it becomes tasty yoghurt. I like coming back to Gen 1 because it's the only game with all those weird glitches like Missingno, Mew Glitch, 100% crits and non-recharge Hyper Beams.
>>
>>387698223
Get a Haunter, level it until it learns hypnosis, then teach it Dream Eater.

There, you've beaten the game.
>>
A feature incomplete Pokemon game where about a dozen bugs punch holes through some of the intended battle mechanics
Graphics and music are a product of their hardware limitations
Pokemon designs weren't "finished" or made consistent, so plenty of them are more wild or unusual looking than they are now as they hadn't been perfected yet
Extremely limited movesets.
>>
>>387700519
I'll give you everything but the music, shit was cash.
>>
>>387700278
did you miss the "90% accuracy" part?
>>
>>387700278
It also gets the 10% freeze chance.
Frozen Pokémon in Gen I NEVER THAW OUT. The only way to escape it is to be hit by a fire type attack, or use an Ice Heal/Full Heal/Full Restore. Obviously in link battle where item use is not permitted, you're as good as fainted if you're frozen.
>>
>>387700671
I never said the music was bad. Things were just different back then.
Plenty of the newer music still tries to go for the structure, melody, etc. of the original, but it's just not as charming.
>>
I find RGBY better to play today than GSC.
It's so basic and fast it kind of makes up for being a bugged mess. I like how Normal moves are the physical equivalent of elemental stuff we have today.
>>
>Blue
>Not Red
You fucked up
>>
>>387700952
What? RGBY is incredibly slow compared to pretty much everything but DP
>>
I kind of prefer RYB

It's just a lot simpler. No need for number crunching, no breeding, not even a need for a well balanced team.

Just pick your favorites and play
>>
>>387701629
you can do that in every pokemon game, you fucking faggot
>>
>>387701326
pleb : the post
>>
>>387701629
I used plusle in alpha sapphire and I still one shot everything.
>>
>>387701629
You can beat literally every Pokemon game like that. Pokemon was never hard.
>>
>>387699042
PC can't hold every item.
If your bag and your PC are full you have to discard items to cycle them.
>>
OP here

Is that fucking normal how much Speed and Attack Rattata has? His stats are higher than Pidgey and Bulbasaur at 10 and they are all on the same level.
>>
Even with all of its antiquated issues, Red and Blue are still better than Sun and Moon.
>>
>>387698223
The same game you played nearly 20 years ago. You were old enough to play it back then, weren't you?
>>
Half of the TMs were just random useless shit, the other half allowed movesets that don't exist anymore. You could put Curse on basically anything.

>>387702636
Completely normal.
>>
people really havent played the original gen? i played it when i was 14 and it was released before me
>>
>>387702562
Ah, so the PC could only hold up to 50 kinds of items, didn't know that.

In a casual run that's pretty much all you need anyway.
>>
>>387699042
Interesting read.
What about the special stat? And isn't there also this problem that, when using a bonbon to level up, it just raises your levels but not the stats?
>>
>>387699042
>/vp/fags are so autistic about a game they weren't old enough to play they need to make a list about it
>>
>>387702920
The special stat is both special attack AND defense.
So a pokemon with a high special attack is both a cannon and a wall at the same time.
Mewtwo has the highest special in the entire game, if I'm not mistaken, so any attack that isn't Normal, Fighting, Flying, Ground, Poison, Bug or Ghost (which he is immune to) is going to do piddle all damage.
>>
>>387699042
Most of these problems didn't matter when actually playing the game. It's clear this was made by a 15 year old on /vp/ looking at the game the same way smogon treats the current games.
>>
>>387698223
Just more pokemon rehash like the rest of them
>>
>>387702812
There are more than 7 billion people in the world, anon.
>>
>>387703526
obviously restricted to games, specifically those who play pokemon. over 18 and havent played the originals? come on
>>
>>387698223

DOes anyone else get lost as fuck after viridian city? i never have any idea where to go
>>
>>387703871
You have to realize that it's THE CURRENT YEAR and people born 99 are now 18 y/o. People whose first pokemon games were gen 3, for example, would probably find it hard to go back to the gen 1 style, specially if they're not that much into pokemon.
>>
>>387704352
my first pokemon game was diamond (or stadium depending hoe you look at it, not my copy) so its not as if im amazingly old or anything. the original games are honestly the best anyway so leaving them so long is heresy. even play frlg man.
>>
>>387698223
>Just downloaded this game on the Eshop.

Why?
>>
>Hi guys I downloaded one of the most popular games ever. Look at me!
>>
>>387702675
I stopped paying attention to Pokemon after beating X, what was so bad about Sun and Moon?
>>
>>387703149
They're fun to look at from a technical perspective in hindsight.

Someone apparently did an extended rewrite of it too.
>>
>>387707317
He's lying but Sun/Moon had a ton of shit ORAS introduced removed.

>Online mode is separated from Single Player
>not many legendaries
>limited regional pokemon available
>no national dex
>shit postgame
>1 hr tutorial
>>
>>387707663
Some of this happens because the new games and the side/remake games are developed by two different teams in parallel, enabling them to release them on a near-yearly basis.
Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, X/Y, Sun/Moon were A-Team.
Heart Gold/Soul Silver, Black 2/White 2, Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire were B-Team.

But in Sun/Moon's case, it's mostly because they had to finally move away from their comfort zone and look at what their peers are doing (Yokai Watch), and learn from it. New development practises meant they weren't gonna get things exactly right, and a rushed development cycle lead to Sun/Moon feeling blatantly unfinished in parts.
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon is basically the finished version of the game. Characters who had no significance at all in S/M like Ryuki or Kahili have actual roles teased in US/UM.
>>
>>387698223
The worst Pokemon game in existence. If you don't have nostalgia goggles firmly strapped on you're in for disappointment. Why didn't you just download a rom for free?
>>
>>387707317
They removed the only good features from XY. Its still a huge improvement over XY, but it would be extremely difficult to make a worse game.

>>387708218
I wish GameFreak would stop releasing beta versions of their games. After Emerald they realized they don't have to finish their "first versions" anymore and every game since has suffered from it.
>>
>>387708218
They should just recycle what is already been made and add some more features instead of starting from a scratch every fucking time
>>
>>387702675
Not even close you memeing faggot.
>>
A fun, outdated and aged milk adventure
>>
>>387708610
The model of developing a core game and adding new content to it over time works for some, but it's not suitable for Pokémon where each region has it's own story and own protagonists.
>>
>>387708595
>After Emerald they realized they don't have to finish their "first versions" anymore

Gen 3 makes me physically sick. I hated everything from not being able to transfer my Gen 2 mons to most of the new Pokemon and how they practically made it entirely impossible to get all Pokemon by locking most of Gen 2 out to sell Pokemon Collosseum. Introducing two instead of just one unobtainable event mon per gen and making Feebas and its evolution Milotic practically unobtainable for anyone but the most autistic.

I was able to fix this trauma by getting Heartgold, the best remake I ever encountered in any franchise, and Platinum where I was actually able to catch all Pokemon save the Team Galactic cat, skunk and all unobtainable event mons which I got through a cheat module but fuck do I hate gen 3 for always reminding me of how shit these games can be.
>>
>>387709056
I mean, if you already have a flawless online system that lets you stay online while you play, keep using it!
>>
>>387710538
They tried to innovate something with the Festival Plaza, it just backfired.
>>
>>387710538
QoL features in Pokemon are accidental or coincidental.
>>
I can't imagine how Nuzlocke Charmander users are going to beat Brock in Red/Blue.
>>
>>387711304
In Leaf Green/Fire Red, and ONLY that game, they gave it metal claw at level 13 just because of that.
>>
>>387711304
Just use ember lol, alll he does is bide
>>
File: Gen 1 is literally perfect.jpg (2MB, 1400x1700px) Image search: [Google]
Gen 1 is literally perfect.jpg
2MB, 1400x1700px
>>387699042
[autistic screeching]
>>
Honestly, a terrible game. I don't understand how it took off. It's so slow and tedious and filled with broken shit. Also they hadn't worked very hard on moves so most Pokemon don't learn any good moves until they're high level. Plus item storage is a meme.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.