[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are nu-COMs worthy/better than the originals?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: xcums.jpg (738KB, 3061x1000px) Image search: [Google]
xcums.jpg
738KB, 3061x1000px
Are nu-COMs worthy/better than the originals?
>>
>>387695849
no
they're still fun though
>>
>>387695849
They're not bad, but they simplified too much.
>>
>>387695849
no, although to be fair ufo defense is helped by the fact large parts of the code has been literally rewritten by fans to fix bugs and features.

nu-XCOM is still really good though
>>
>>387695849
no, the new ones are shit
>>
They're very different, for both better and worse.
>>
Haven't played the new ones after I heard that you can't free aim. Fuck off with that casul shit
>>
Liked the old ones more because blowing up things while sending a lot of men to their death was fun.
>>
>>387695849
Originals have more strategic depth, but also are unbalanced as fuck and full of frustrating micromanagement.

New games are far more polished, but you feel significantly more railroaded too.

Oh, and also everything between Apocalypse and nuXCOM is complete trash.
>>
>>387698374
>full of frustrating micromanagement.
Like what? I actually like how minimalistic x-com strategic part is. All you gotta do is pick a research and sell loot, somestimes recruit fresh meat and assign them names and class tags (which is something that was streamlined into actual classes in nu-coms)
>>
>>387699710
You have to manually equip your soldiers for every mission
You have to manually add up TU costs if you want to move and shoot in one turn
You have to regularly scour the entire map for the last lousy alien
You have to unload weapons at the end of the mission unless you like wasting clips
You have to manage weapon inventory unless you want to end up with 99 heavy plasma and 0 ammo in a base assault
You have to remember not to get fucked by bugs like upkeep cost on dismantled base facilities or research tree fuckups in tftd
etc
>>
>>387695849
I think that xcom enemy within is p good
>>
>>387700384
>You have to manually equip your soldiers for every mission
>You have to manually add up TU costs if you want to move and shoot in one turn
These two are what makes the game fun for many people myself included. Others are fair, though mostly resolved in OpenXcom
>>
>>387695849
They're both very good games, but obviously they're different from how things were in the good old days.
Expansion launches in 9 days btw, I'm fucking excited.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.