[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rising Storm 2 Vietnam

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: RS2.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
RS2.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
So is this shit dead or what? Why is nobody playing this? It's the closest thing we have to the old school battlefield games.
>>
>>387693617
too few maps
>>
No maps. Shit balance. So many fucking bugs.

Game died in a month and it's not hard to see why.
>>
>>387693617
>closest thing we have to the old school battlefield games.

you're thinking Squad, but nobody playing that either
mechanics wise Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm is an abomination
>>
>>387693617
M16 is still hilariously OP
Mosin is still hilariously garbage
It's a game that requires a 32 man team to co-operate, coordinate, and learn clever firing locations, with a community that's too retarded to even tell the difference between an AK firing right at them and an M60 firing in the distance.
FUCKING RETARDS STILL DO NOTHING BUT RUSH C ON AN LAO VALLEY SUPREMACY
>>
Cod Black Ops did it better
So did battlefield
>>
>>387693617
>>387695321
Forgot to add that EXP still sometimes disappears if you don't wait until the server changes maps before you leave. I lost 9k fucking exp because I left during map voting instead of waiting for a 2 minute load screen just to leave afterwards anyway. RPD still overheats after firing 10 rounds on Cu Chi. Framerate still plummets into the sub-40s when more than 2 smoke grenades are nearby (on the rare occasion that somebody actually throws fucking smokes to help the team advance). The game still doesn't save your weapon loadouts so your first 2-3 spawns in a match are always with the default weapons of your class instead of your personal loadout.
>>
>>387695321

How is the M16 OP? Are you fucking stupid?

except the Mosin is garbage IRL, go play CoD you balancenigger.
>>
File: Final point on Hue city.jpg (130KB, 1024x597px) Image search: [Google]
Final point on Hue city.jpg
130KB, 1024x597px
>>387694031
have you even play the game the past month?

there have been shit ton of player made map added to the game. not every server run them but some of the more popular server do.

they even remade a jungle winterwald
>>
>>387695773
the m16 does very tight grouping and aim fairly quickly
i wouldn't say OP though
>>
>>387693617
I'm so fucking glad this shit bombed, such a disappointment
>>
>>387695773
>let's make a gun that has a faster ADS time than all of the SMGs in the game
>now lets give it less recoil than pre-nerf PPSH, which was nerfed specifically because people complained it was too accurate
>now let's make it kill from 150+ meters in one bullet from the waist up, something that MGs can't even do
>now let's give it the same bullet travel time as the MGs so players don't have to lead their targets until 130 meters minimum
>and for the downside, let's give it an 18 round magazine that can be fired in full auto at any range with zero fucking recoil

Meanwhile, the mosin has a slower bullet travel time and requires you to lead your target more, a more intrusive sight, overpenetration up to 50 meters, and still does less damage at 50+ meters compared to the AK anyway. If you don't hit the heart, head or upper torso it takes 2 shots on a weapon with horrendous fire rate. Why should a weapon with a fire rate that slow require multiple shots to kill in the first place? There's no reason to use it over the AK when the AK outmatches it in every scenario, while also having a 30 round magazine and full auto for close quarters. They put the mosin in specifically so people can take out targets that the AK wouldn't have been able to hit, but then made the AK able to hit targets at any range anyway unless you're 31 different flavors of garbage. On my RS2 stats, I currently have 600 shots landed and 430 kills with the mosin. That's 170 people who walked away after taking a mosin shot to the stomach or chest. That's beyond fucking retarded.
>>
>>387693617
Too few maps. Of the maps that are in there most of them are unbalanced shit.
>>
>>387693617
if you guys think 1500 players is dead you haven't seen dawn of war 3 or lawbreakers
>>
Why would I buy something with a 12 year old obsolete engine
>>
>>387696701
>Decide to check my stats after seeing this
>70% of my games have been played as VC
>Top killed with weapon is M16
Lmao. I also have 3 assists with the flamethrower somehow.
>>
>>387696946
>lawbreakers

Please, leave the deads alone.
>>
>>387696701
damn i hadnt played for awhile didnt know they nerfed the ppsh i loved that gun
have they touched the hunting shotgun?
>>
>>387696050
>jungle winterwald
What's it called? That was my 2nd favourite map.
Is it that one with the fire in one of the points that kills you if you touch it and the final area is a temple thing?
>>
>>387697256
I don't think so. It's my favourite weapon and I haven't noticed a change in it.
>>
>>387697256
They recently fixed the god awful hitreg so the hunting shotgun is even better now. People still get fucking pissed when you kill them at 70-80 meters without even using slugs.
>>
>>387697256
They buffed all shotguns, they don't have hillarious anime tier spread now.
>>
>>387697314

Now if they can make a vietnam Bridges, I'd be down.
>>
New weapons are coming
>Makarov
>M1917
>suppressed XM21
>>
>>387693617
>All maps apart from Cu Chi/Hue are majorly American favored
>Shit map variety
>There "new" maps are a fucking abomination unto the Lord
>M16 has fucking pinpoint accuracy at 150 meters
>Buffs to AK47 make the nugget completely obsolete
>Bayonets/melee things are practically useless since there's no suppression for charging someone and lamayo automatic weapons
>RPD overheats after literally 5 seconds of shooting within a 30 second window
>Still no slow bleed deaths
>Flamethrower still prevents you from pulling the trigger the instant it touches you
>Can't trade bullets because of the no slow deaths
>Can not think of a reason to use a claymore ever, apparently you can rotate them before placing now but I can't figure it out and don't see a reason to
>In supremacy maps it's slower to win if you completely lock down all the points than to have all but one locked down
But they added an icon if your rifle is blocked/fixed obvious things where it was blocking and shouldn't be and made a decal to show exactly where the napalm kill box is.
>>
>>387693617
Because RO2/RS is ridiculously better.
>>
>>387698687
>RS is ridiculously better.
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
>>387698593
Claymores actually aren't bad when you learn how to use them. Instead of using them like a remote detonated trip mine, use them like a shotgun with massive spread. Throw your smokes for cover, place one or both on top of whatever hard cover you're hiding behind, and detonate. The shrapnel reaches up to 50 meters and has an insane radius. If you place it on the railings on Hue City's E cap facing towards VC side, both claymores can cover every inch of the opposing building. Easy double and triple kills.
>>
>>387698921
>Doing anything in E
Kind of hard when it's getting rockets shot at it every 3 seconds.
>>
>>387699074
D is harder to take imo
>>
>>387697314
I forgot the name but they actually fully remade, everything from the barn to the 3 artillery before the final defend.
I think it was in one of the broken arrow server
>>
>>387699695
I'll keep an eye out for it. Does it have the mist that makes visibility super small? Does it feel as comfy because no snow?
>>
>>387696946
During peak times lawbreakers can pull 1000
>>
>>387699954
rs2 gets like 1.4k at peak
>>
File: WinterWald.jpg (148KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
WinterWald.jpg
148KB, 1024x576px
>>387699867
there no mist but you get a lot of bushes everywhere, make for great hidden cover for both defender and attacker.
without the snow it feel less comfy, but it feel more alive than before since everything is not blend into the snow.
you going to notice the hill more than before and appreciate how you can be hiding right in front of a machine gun nest
>>
>>387693617
Its just not consistently fun. When you get a team who communicates and isn't retarded, its really satisfying. The problem is you can play for hours without finding one. When you are on a really bad team or don't have a decent commander or just have bad luck with being spotted, its a complete slog. You can go minutes without actually accomplishing anything. When it works, its awesome, but the game is so reliant on your whole team that it rarely does. Even if your squad is competent, it often doesn't mean that much if others are stupid. Also, the asymmetrical thing doesn't always make the game very fun. If the Commies know where to set traps and make a point of doing so, it makes playing as the US pretty annoying. If you get into a firefight, the US pretty much always wins because the M16 is so good compared to the AK, even after the patch. It makes the game more interesting, but like I said, it also makes it awful when your team doesn't leverage its advantages. Being US and having a commander who doesn't know how to manage your support makes establishing a foothold from which to fight near impossible. If you don't have decent pilots, its really hard to mount assaults in some places. Being Vietnamese and not laying traps or not knowing choke points gets you steamrolled by the US superior weapons and there isn't much you can individually or even as a squad do about it most of the time.

>>387695773
M16 is clearly the best. Its highly accurate and stable while having enough penetration to shoot through alot of barriers, but not so much that it loses damage at close range. It just excels in every situation. Its great on semi or full auto, and covers nearly every distance and situation very well. Maybe its not OP in the grand scheme of the game, but its definitely amazing.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.