[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pillars of Eternity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 40

File: New_Logo.jpg (60KB, 915x585px) Image search: [Google]
New_Logo.jpg
60KB, 915x585px
This game is fun, why does /v/ never discuss it?
>>
It's a great game. Deadfire looks great.
>why does /v/ never discuss it?
Too pleb.
>>
/v/ doesnt talk about good video games. al lthey discuss is potential tortanics
>>
>>387689785
>This game is fun
That is very debateable
We've talked about it extensively, we'll probably discuss it again when more time has passed or we hear something interesting about Deadfire
>>
Stopped playing before white marsh and never tried it again
>>
>>387689785
Because it's hard to have a good discussion about it without some Codexer with an axe to grind dropping by and filling the thread with MUH SJW.

Also, everyone's waiting for Deadfire.
>>
>>387689785
Because most people never played the complete version of the game. You know something is up when even the Codex likes PoE in its 3.0+ version.
>>
Deadfire looks amazing

I'm at Twin Elms right now and I need to finish it so I can import my save
>>
>>387690928
You finished up the expansion content? Twin Elms is great but Stalwart is even better (and comfier)
>>
>>387691623
>Starwart
>Comfier than Twin Elms
Lies
>You will never sleep in The Celestial Sapling
Why even live?
>>
>>387691783
Twin Elms is comfy too, but Stalwart takes the cake
>>
>>387692065
>no option to relax in the hot springs for a while

0/10 wouldn't visit again
>>
>>387690802

White march is excellent. You should give it a shot.
>>
>>387691783
I bet it's hell to actually sleep there. Birds singing all the time.
>>
>>387689785
>This game is fun
iit we tell lies
>>
File: 1487607292648-2.jpg (175KB, 683x797px) Image search: [Google]
1487607292648-2.jpg
175KB, 683x797px
Too much text. I would mind it if the story or characters where interesting, but they arent.
>>
>>387689785
It has a shitty story.
>>
LMAO GODS ARENT REAL EVEN THOUGH THEY CONTROL GODLIKE POWERS :DDDD

Fuck this lore.
>>
>>387692817
MAGICAL CREATIONS ANCIENT CIVILIZATION MADE TO BRING ORDER TO MAN!

It was so retarded.
>>
>>387692817
Gods aren't real because those aren't gods.
>>
File: TYRANNY.jpg (683KB, 666x666px) Image search: [Google]
TYRANNY.jpg
683KB, 666x666px
>>387689785
'Cause Tyranny rapes the fuck outta it. Pillars is a pile of shit in comparison.
>>
>>387693148
Tyranny is fucking terrible, and PoE isn't much better.
>>
>>387693148
And Tyranny wasn't even that good. That's just how shit Pillars was.
>>
>>387693148
Tyranny did some thins right, but on the whole it was definitely worse than PoE.
>>
>>387693183
>>387693187
>>387693227
Not an argument.
>>
>>387693148
PoE 3.0 > pile of shit > Tyranny
Seriously Tyranny was fucking terrible. Why did they even remove flanking?
>>
>>387693148
Wrong. Pillars of Eternity is better than Tyranny in every single department, INCLUDING Choices and Consequences, which is the aspect Tyranny hyped itself around the most.
>>
because it isn't fun.
>>
File: 1480710411752.jpg (36KB, 217x214px) Image search: [Google]
1480710411752.jpg
36KB, 217x214px
Because it's not fun. It's boring and mediocre. There's nothing to talk about. I've seen more retards say that "it's fun" than actually saw them discussing things from the game. There's no stories about the gameplay to tell because every fight is the same, and there's no stories about the story because the story is just a shitty excuse to make you look at the pretty backstory they wrote.
>>
>>387693378
>>387693379
t. casuals
>>
Reminder

Eothas>Wael>Abydon>Woedica>Galawain>Hylea>Rymrgand>Berath>Skaen>>Shit>Magran>Ondra
>>
>>387689785
A setting that is half-way between something classical and something innovative, lacking the charm of the former and the freshness of the latter.
All around poor writing, with characters you won't give a fuck about and a story that fail to give the player a proper motivation to do anything. Also one of the most forgettable villains ever.
The combat and character system is knee-deep in the the flaws of DnD and Infinity Engine games, with the few innovations being failing to make things more interesting if not even making thing worse.
Oh yeah, also terrible boring loot.
>>
>>387693471
Wael is my nigga. I chose his side in the end even though the reward he gives is objectively worse than guys like Galawain. Second place goes to Abydon for being a bro.

I mean, I'm an adventurer and all I do is solve ancient mysteries and shit, why would I not side with the guy who's literally the god of ancient mysteries?

Also Woedica a shit. A shiiit.
>>
>>387693418
Tell me about those great moments you had while fighting shades and dung beetles, anon.
>>
>>387693148
don't care bout /v/ fags
just came here to see this posted
Love this game.
>>
It was ___fun until a game-breaking glitch stopped me progressing after I got 90% of the way through the main questline, preventing me from doing white march.
>>
>>387693148
Tyranny was a blast to play through. A shame it was such a short game.
>>
>>387693148
>one of the worst endings in RPG history
>buy the upcoming DLC for a better ending goy!

Paradox was a mistake.
>>
Honestly as a throw back to classic crpgs like Baldurs Gate it was fun and nice to see. Had a bunch of problems, combat was a bit clunk, balancing was off, enemies weren't the most inspiring fights all the time. But it had a really intriguing world, a decently fun story, and Obsidian always does a great job with companions. From the looks of it Deadfire is improving upon all the weaker parts of pillars With the only downside being shittier portraits for Aloth, Eder, and Palle so I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>387693917
It doesn't even have a proper ending
>>
>>387693471
Hylea is the best
Abydon is second best
Berath is cool
I hate every other god
>>
>>387694253
Even worse than that. The upcoming DLC is new mid-game content. They still aren't changing shit about the ending. Perhaps that's a DLC for later.
>>
>>387694675
Oh, I forgot about Wael. Wael is cool too.
>>
>>387694258
>Obsidian always does a great job with companions
You Obsidiantards are fucking delusional.
>>
File: portrait_thaos_lg.png (134KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
portrait_thaos_lg.png
134KB, 210x330px
>>387693521
>Also one of the most forgettable villains ever.
Thaos is unironically better than every single Baldur's Gate villain.
>>
>>387694859
Who?
>>
>>387694675
>Hylea is the best
One of the reasons I hated Pallegina is because she was so butthurt over Hylea.

>a bloo bloo I have feathers it's all your fault because you are the god of birds, my daddy didn't love me because of you!
>>
>>387689785
Not popular enough to shit on and not shitty enough to laugh at.

To be discussed here you either have to be Skyrim/Witcher or Grimoire/Andromeda tier.
>>
rpgcodex should be nuked
>>
>>387693471
Galawain/magran/abydon have the best ending though. Dyrwood gets strong and Pallegina doesn't get fired or angsty
>>
>>387695298
Who actually wants the Dyrwood to get stronger though? It's the shittiest part of the world and it's mostly inhabited by retards and assholes. I mean sure it's where the game is set, but you make the choice at the end of the game so it's not like it has actual gameplay consequences.

IMO the "best" option is to simply return the souls to the Wheel. Nobody gets an unnatural advantage and babbies can get born as normal again without any net gain or loss.
>>
I bought it, but it's a bit hard to understand the combat system. After the first town I picked up some magician guy then in a field area I kept getting killed by boars that for whatever reason deal a gorillion damage. How the fuck do I get good at this game?
>>
>>387695642
Nah, let those broken souls feed the survivors. It's pretty good move to buff Dyrwood since you are already set for life in there as a noble with amazing castle.
Nothing bad will happen to the castle ever.
>>
Is this game worth it? I'm on the verge of buying it but the super low lvl cap made me feel like the game might not be that fun and make combat feel a bit boring. Alot of people were complaining about the gameplay at launch as well.

Is the game a good entry for it's genre? I'm not expecting GoTY material but if it's at least fun with an above avarage story i'll buy it right now.
>>
File: smug aura.jpg (41KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
smug aura.jpg
41KB, 500x374px
>>387695863
>Nothing bad will happen to the castle ever.
>>
I couldn't get into it. The gameplay was fucking horrible.
>>
>>387695996
I would like to know this too. How much content does the base game have? I heard they did huge combat/UI changes repeatedly, is the combat fun now?
>>
>>387696120
I agree, there is no reason to have Real Time with Pause in a modern game, it's just so slow, boring, and click intensive.
>>
>>387695996
The game is mediocre. Writing is its biggest weakness.
>>
>>387695996
>>387696298
The problem when the game was still new that they were still balancing the game, so a new patch might have completely fucked your build. With White March 1&2 they added more skills which caused even more patching and balancing, fucking ever more builds while making others viable. Now that the game is finished and their overzealous balancing is over I'd say the game is good enough to try.

If you are not still sure pirate and then buy if you like.
>>
>>387696327
I would genuinely have preferred turn based combat.
>>
>>387696298
>>387695996
They did multiple overhauls (the current version is 3.0) and the game definitely became a lot better over time. That said, if you hated the game at launch you probably won't like it now either, unless the thing that made you hate it was based on bugs/imbalances. The core gameplay is still the same, they just improved balance and added some new options/made certain options more viable.

The amount of content is pretty good. You can easily get 60-80 hours out of it, even more with the expansion.

The writing is a bit hit and miss. Some parts of it are really good, but other parts are just weak. It really suffers from bad pacing overall, resulting in midgame stretches where your motivation for moving on is almost entirely unclear (hurr we gota follow this dude because maybe he knows a thing that I want to know because an insane guy said that maybe it's important?) and then you suddenly get a load of information all at once.
>>
>>387695642
The best option is definitely to give the souls back to the babies. Lets the parents that have been waiting years for them to finally come back.
>>
>>387696612
>all that infinity of bland trashmobs encounters
>having to play through them in fucking turn-based as well
>>
>>387696801
Rebalance it to make combat more of an event.

One of the worst game design decisions is when there's combat to give the player something to do.
>>
>>387695796
First off, you might just be in an over-leveled area. Pillars has a few of those. Secondly, the game gets much easier when you have Edér and Durance by your side (and even easier when you have a full 5 man party)

But as a general rule, if you're having trouble with combat, you want to slow it down by clicking S, so you can have more time to give orders to your people in the middle of the encounters.
>>
>>387696612
A lot of people did, but they pretty much sold the game on "IT'S INSPIRED BY BALDUR'S GATE GUYS REMEMBER BALDUR'S GATE" so of course they had to copy BG's shitty combat as well.

And it's not like turn-based automatically makes combat better. Just look at Numenera.
>>
>>387696120
>>387696327
Why play a game in a specific genre imitating a specific engine if you don't like that kind of stuff?
>>387695996
I think it's a decent entry. It's got similar gameplay to things like baldur's gate, but it's a lot more modern and probably easier to get into because of it.
>>387696298
The first act is kind of restricted but after that you get a lot more side quests, companion quests, keep management, etc. I'd say you can rush through the game at 25-30 hours, but it's quite a bit longer if you want to 100% the game. If you're going down that route make sure you finish up everything you can before starting Act 3 since I believe some stuff gets locked out.
>>
>>387695996
By level 16, you're pulling off crazy shit all the time. It doesn't feel boring to me at all. Although magic in this game is not nearly as overpowered as it is in the classic CRPGs, so don't expect to just spend 40 seconds pre-buffing and then start and finish a battle within 10 seconds with three overpowered spells
>>
>>387696584
>>387696662

Thank you, so the story is mediocore. How are the party-members? I know there's no romance but are some of the party-members at least good enough to get invested in? Finally, do you get to make alot of input in the story with your choices?
>>
>>387696120
>>387696327
>>387696612
I generally prefer TB combat, but Pillars of Eternity gets away with it for me because it's the only good modern RTwP RPG around, so it's novel.
>>
Pillars of Eternity is too balanced.

>millenials will never understand
>>
>>387696785
Well, that works for babies that are still either alive or unborn. Those that were made witchts are pretty much fucked.
Even Grieving Mother in my game says that this is retarded thing to do.
>>
>>387697062

A few are interesting, but because the dialogues with the companions are limited most of them do not stand out.
>>
>>387697062
The majority of them are consistently decent. Not unforgettable but not bad either. You have a few big winners like Edér, Durance and Zahua (Expansion dude), though.
>>
>>387697128
I can't remember a single item in that game that was super useful.
>>
>>387697152
The babies that were turned into animals (or killed) just get cycled into new births, coming out as twins.
>>
>>387697062
>How are the party-members?
Depends on what you expect, but most of them tend to be a bit too lore-dumpy for me. Like, there's an arctic dwarf, so pretty much every conversation you have with her is about her arctic dwarf culture. And there's a Polynesian shark dude, so all his lines are about Polynesian shark dude culture.

Some of them manage to rise above that with their story and personality, but none of them are immune to it.

>Finally, do you get to make alot of input in the story with your choices?
Eh, not really? It's more about choosing how you deal with events rather than influencing events directly, apart from a few exceptions.
>>
>>387696906
Nah, trash encounters are important for the pace of the game. It's just that they were terribly used in the game.
>>
>>387697185
>>387697189

Alright thanks. It's not a super expensive game and I heard the expansions for it are really good so i'll go ahead and play this. I'm dissapointed to hear the main story isn't very compelling because that's usually my biggest draw with these games. I guess i'll just try and make it interesting myself by roleplaying like a lunatic in the dialogues.
>>
>>387689785
The game is boring. Planescape Torment is much better.
>>
>>387697152
>Those that were made witchts are pretty much fucked.
They're fucked anyway.
>>
File: durance2.jpg (218KB, 1271x477px) Image search: [Google]
durance2.jpg
218KB, 1271x477px
>>387697062
Durance is THE companion. I also like Eder and Aloth. Rest are personal hit or misses.
Eder, Aloth and Pallegina are confirmed for Deadfire.
>>
>>387697295
How much did you like the overal story? Does it get alot better in the expansions? Does buying the expansions give me extra classes/skills/items/anything in the base game and should I just go and buy that right now as well or is just the base-game fine.
>>
>>387697407
Durance is one of the worst. He never shuts the fuck up and is a zealot. He's lucky I needed the healing.
>>
>>387697062
The game does have a lot of roleplaying in it. Lots of different choices and ways to complete quests. One of the things it does that I love is that you can kill every single person in front of you (except for one NPC that ends up dying anyways, and even then you get a cool custom game over for it)
>>
>>387697259
The best thing about those old school CRPGs is that you could break the game. The modern ones are all too streamlined and polished.

God forbid class A is broken and class B is underwhelming, right?
>>
>>387697062
>Thank you, so the story is mediocore. How are the party-members? I know there's no romance but are some of the party-members at least good enough to get invested in?
Durance is great. Eder is very generic but he's pretty good. Mom is ALMOST good, good concept, below average execution. Everybody else range from bland to annoying. Said that I've not played the expansions.
>>
>>387697495
Not him, but the expansions only give you higher level content, so you don't need to buy them right away. I'd say that if you're at the middle of Act 2 and still enjoying it, that's when you should pitch in for the expansions, because that's when the expansion content starts.
>>
>>387697517
>ranting zealot
Those are his good points though.
>>
>>387697259

I think he was referring to builds. I think Pillars made a good choice when they sacrificed OP builds for each class having more flexibility in what they can do, and ultimately, if you are good enough you can still break the game.

Itemization could use some improvements. Soul bound items are generally tedious to level and they usually end up less powerful than uniques because they cannot be enchanted. I am hoping that there are less soul bound items but make them more unique in terms of leveling them up and be slightly better than uniques once fully leveled.
>>
>>387697580
Monks are broken good. Priests too.
>>
>>387697517
>hating Durance
disdain_for_plebs.jpg
>>
File: 9faebnyue15y.png (1MB, 800x1132px) Image search: [Google]
9faebnyue15y.png
1MB, 800x1132px
>>387697407
Hiravias was my bro.

He managed to be funny without the typical HEY LOOK AT ME I'M COMIC RELIEF that you see in so many games, and his personal quest was really interesting to me as well.

>>387697495
>How much did you like the overal story?
I posted >>387696662, so that's my general take on it. I don't think it's a bad story, I just think that the game doesn't do a great job of telling it.

>Does it get alot better in the expansions?
Yes. I think that's one thing everyone agrees on. the two expansions together (which is really just one expansion cut in two halves) form a story that's almost completely separate from the main game and is overall much better.

>Does buying the expansions give me extra classes/skills/items/anything in the base game and should I just go and buy that right now as well or is just the base-game fine.
The expansions add some new skills to the base game, and you can start the expansion somewhere around level 6-7ish during the main story, so it's a good idea to get the expansion right away if you're sure you want to play it anyway. You CANNOT start the expansion after ending the main story, you have to play it before finishing the game. You wouldn't be the first to make that mistake, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>387697648
>>387697771
Oh Magran my favorite fiery whore how great she is and what a fucking tramp muh godhammer I love fire
>>
File: Portrait_of_a_Proboscis_Monkey.jpg (2MB, 2130x2063px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_a_Proboscis_Monkey.jpg
2MB, 2130x2063px
>/v/ is actually having a civil and helpful discussion about a controversial game.

Must be a blue moon out tonight. In any case, this thread was a good read, i'll go pick it up now. Thanks bro's.
>>
>>387697860
>never finished his quest
>>
>>387697891
How is pillars controversial?
>>
>>387697860
oh hey Durance, 'sup. we're talking about your cool game itt
>>
>>387697905
Because it takes ages to progress
>>
>>387697607
>Mom is ALMOST good, good concept, below average execution.
Grieving Mother would've been good if she had ANY INTERACTION WITH FUCKING ANYTHING AT ALL. I mean fuck. Her story is pretty good but she has nothing going on besides that. She has like two interactions outside of her own story that I can think of, and both of those can be done without her as well as long as the player is a Cipher.

I know that not interacting with anyone is pretty much her thing and that there's a good reason for it, but that doesn't make it any better.

She's the only character where I didn't feel bad about feeding her to the Blood Pool. In fact, it's worth doing taht just to see your party members not giving a shit while she's bleeding to death right in front of them.
>>
>>387697934
The only places that it's controversial on are /v/ and RPG Codex. It's pretty widely beloved everywhere else.
>>
>>387698002
But that's literally her character. She's invisible to everyone but you. Not even Thaos notices her.
>>
>>387697934
RPGCodex hates it because they are nostalgia goggles given human form. /v/ hates it because they're contrarian.
>>
>>387697726

Will Deadfire have more classes that provide buffs? Feels like Priest is currently the only class with buffs and that made him close to mandatory.
>>
>>387698080
RPG Codex has plenty of people who hate it but plenty of people who love it too. A pretty sizable group of that website backed the second one.
Who cares what they think, anyways? They think Grimoire is good.
>>
>>387697726
Broken? Priests are really nice to have but thats it. They dont have any ability that breaks encounters. Same with monks.
>>
>>387698145
The number of classes is the same, but I believe Josh said there will be more classes with buffs (Might be wrong on this). Also, there's added multi-classing, so you can go Priest/X now.
>>
>>387698080
>But that's literally her character.
Like I said: I know why she doesn't interact with anyone, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Understanding something and enjoying something aren't the same.
>>
>>387698275
If you're decent, having a party with 2 or 3 well built priests pretty much nullifies 99% of every encounter.
>>
>>387698206
>They think Grimoire is good.
lol no they don't. The Codex can suck a million dongs for all I care, but there are only a few shills that actually like Grimoire or at least pretend to like it for (You)s. Most of them are either being ironic or openly shitposting about it.

A more damning observation is how much they unironically worship Age of Decadence.
>>
>>387697259
Your own fault

>Not dual weilding Godansthunyr as a barbarian and stunnign everyone around you with every hit
>Not using Stormcaller on a Ranger with driving flight and double arrow to shit an unholy amount of lightning
>Not using the [Redacted] spell to bring back the OP wizard flavour of BG

Every class is good to amazing now.
>>
>>387689785
>This game is fun
The first act, perhaps. Once you familiarize yourself with the mechanics, hear most of the soundtrack and stop ogling at pretty prerendered backgrounds, you realize that the combat is shit, character system is boring and the story is lame. The game is rightfully forgotten.
>>
>>387698356
If you have a well-build party, you don't need a priest, but having one for the immunity buffs is nice on POTD,
>>
>I always played bards and monks in D&D and do so whenever a video game gives me the option to.

Are the Unarmed fighters and/or bards in this game? If so, are they any good?
>>
>>387698237
what is Devotions of the faitfull.
>>
>>387698625
Monks are in, their unarmed damage is very good and they are fucking awesome.

Bards are also in as chanters, and they're pretty good.
>>
>>387698625
Bards are called Chanters in this game, but yeah they're in. They're also the best summoners in the game for some reason.

Monks are arguably the strongest melee class in the game. They can use weapons if you want, but they also get some crazy bonuses to unarmed so beating up people with your bare fists is 100% viable.
>>
>>387689785
It's shitty and boring, the only fun part about this game is White March.
>>
>>387698625
Chanters were top tier but were nerfed into being just good instead. Barbarians are fine as well. No class is really under powered since the ranger buff. Like the weakest class is rogue which still has some ridiculous single target damage output.
>>
File: nah it's cool imma chill.jpg (177KB, 374x593px) Image search: [Google]
nah it's cool imma chill.jpg
177KB, 374x593px
>>387698567
>monk who shoots fists
>self buffing melee wizard that destroy anything in seconds after ten seconds of buffing
>1h+shield fighter that does good damage and tanks
>cipher in general
Most classes are fun, and then there is boring shit like paladin.
>>
File: solod.jpg (33KB, 323x323px) Image search: [Google]
solod.jpg
33KB, 323x323px
>>387694859
>>
>>387698625
Monk, Fighter and CHanters (basically bard)

You can fight barehanded with fighter and Chanter with a talent but it's weaker than a good weapon
>>
>>387698819
>the best paladin spell can only be gotten by Palleginia
I wish I could have gotten Wrath of the Five suns on my pally.
>>
>>387694859
Sarevok shits all over Thaos and so does everyone in ToB.
>>
>>387697259
Tidefall
Leadsplitter
Godansthunyr
Cloudpiercer

I'm sure there are more but those are the best in the base game

>>387698625
Monks are in
Chanters are bards but they're different from D&D bards. You'll either love or hate it
If you want to make an Unarmed Fighter specifically, you can take a feat on any character to improve their unarmed damage, though the Monk's entire class is centered around it
>>
>>387698819
Paladin get's fun when you get sacred immolation. SHame it's so late.

ALso, Steadfast on a paladin (or priest) casts Sunlance, for a nice 160 damage on crit. ALso it's thematically awesome if you are playing a eothasian or other goody guy
>>
>>387698819

Firebrand is pretty decent on a Pally. Works with her fire damage boost.
>>
>>387693668
>not fighting dragons and drakes while under leveled
Max pleb
>>
FUCK RPG CODEX!!!
>>
>>387698819
>>387698913
I dunno, my pyromaniac Goldpact Paladin was pretty neat. Sure it's not the most complex/involved build, but still.

>fire godlike
>forgemaster's gloves
>intense flames
>enduring flames
>sacred immolation
>get money
>fuck bitches
>burn trees
>>
File: monk-2.jpg (56KB, 549x800px) Image search: [Google]
monk-2.jpg
56KB, 549x800px
>>387698768
>>387698773
>>387698778
>>387698873
>>387699012

Thank you bro's, is monk fun/good to make the main character or do you get a partymember down the line that does it just as well/better?
>>
>>387695996
Its worth it.
>>
>>387699330
You get a monk party member in the expansion, and he's on of the best companions in the game. There's no monk companion in the base game.

There's nothing wrong rolling with two monks though.
>>
>>387699330
There's no reason not to, monks are great
>>
Replaying 3.0 on PotD difficulty. Currently in Act 1, doing Raedric's Hold - so far it's been quite enjoyable but I'm starting to feel fatigued by the combat. I just don't feel properly rewarded for overcoming the challenge - there's no XP gain (apart from completely miniscule rewards from filling out the bestiary) and the loot is quite shit. Sad, really, because the gameplay is pretty damn great otherwise.
>>
>>387699330
Zahua is one of the best companions and you should definitely get him, but he comes fairly late in the game and is Expansion only.

I say go for it. Nothing wrong with two monks.
>>
>>387699520
The game has too many trash mobs. That's my main problem with it. Itemization could be way better, too. I think I ended the game with Edér still in his original armor.
>>
>>387697259
The soul bound wand that subjugated mobs was bretty good.
>>
>>387699330
I played a monk and it was amazing. Highest damage, most crits, interrupting all the time, etc.
>>
>>387699520
You can avoid a lot of the trash mobs with stealth and dialogue, but yeah there are too many pointless encounters.

The White March expansion partially fixes this, but it does that mostly by making every encounter knee you in the balls rather than just having less of them. Still better than the pointlessly grindy encounters in the base game though.
>>
>>387699143
>>387699289
I'm not really a fan of non-shield melee unless they are monk or barbarian. They survive in melee without because they got huge healtpool and they get +armor passive so they can live even with shit deflection and light armor.
I admit that sacred immolation is a dope spell, but yeah you get it so late. Maybe if flames of devotion would have more uses per combat I would like dps paladins more, since sworn enemy can make them almost as good as rogues for single target burst.
>>
>>387699520
I found the game a lot more fun on hard- until, at least, my party over leveled everything and I could let them go on auto pilot for even the final encounters in the game. It felt a lot like more like playing BG, less like playing a turn based SRPG, and I felt like party structure could basically go out the window, as I beat both Thaos and WM part 1 and 2 with no priest.

For reference, I've beaten the base game twice on POTD, and Base+WM on Hard
>>
>>387698275
>multi-classing
One of the worst mechanics in RPG.
>>
>>387699520
PotD is a meme difficulty. Hard it's where it's at.
>>
>>387699758
Paladins don't need a shield that badly because they already get great defenses from their class passive. And you can also have Eder run as your main tank so the Paladin can off-tank without a shield, it's what I did.

IMO Paladins are good for DPS or at least off-tank rather than main-tank, because a high Might score also helps their healing abilities while Fighters have better feat support for being full-time tanks.
>>
>>387700046
I've tried off-tank pala without a shield and he just melts like butter when targeted. Damage is pretty shit too.
I guess I can't play or enjoy hybrid roles in this game, either go full tank or dps. Durance counts as dps since priest spells hit like a truck on fire.
>>
>>387693668
oh so you played 2 hours? wow anon!

The game is great and is the closest thing we got from modern gaming in terms of click rpgs. it also revived the genre and poe2 will continue this trend. Im very glad it exists, even if not perfect, it feels refreshing playing something different than bg and other old games all the time. also, the visuals and fights are awesome. really digging how they made the priest and druid. The game is immersive as hell, great atmosphere.

People bitch about it because they never played an crpg in their live, then calling it DUDE ITS BORING WHERES MA LOOT AND EXPLOSIONZ.

fucking normies I swear
>>
What difficulty provides the most challange without needing spreadsheets to get through the combat
>>
>>387700316
I don't really like Priest DPS because targeting spells feels so sluggish in this game. By the time you get your pillar of fire or whatever off the enemy has already moved. And the Priest has such small AoEs compared to a Druid for example that the enemy just needs to take two steps to the side in order to be out of range.
>>
>>387697517
that's whats good about him tho. Many games design priests as truly good and lawful people, the typical rpg faggot priest. while durance shits all over his godess. Its not creative but its different.

also, eder is best
>>
>>387700587
Gotta get few more levels.
Cleansing Flame 6th level, pretty much this guy dies the spell. Annoying when enemies use it.
Spark the Souls of the Righteous 6th level spell is strong as fuck, zap damage to anyone who get near you guys.
Storm of Holy Fire has 7th level spell, huge aoe, lots of damage. Very slow to cast and can hit your guys too.

I usually use low level spell to buff and high level to damage.
>>
>>387700316
Wearing a shield tanks anyone's damage unless you have fucktons of accuracy to support it, and even then, deflection doesn't mean that much past a certain point

You're better off Running a 2h or Ranged pally with support skills if thats what don't want to just run a generic damage pally

Besides, you don't even need a shield to be a tank in this game. You don't even need heavy armor, if you build your party that way. My favorite way to build my MC is a light armor fighter wielding a single 1h weapon for tons of crits, with a con score of 9. Get your defenses high, get accuracy high on every character, your game will play a lot smoother

>>387700587
Try Iconic projection spam against troublesome groups of enemies. You'll never go back, I promise.
>>
>>387700545
Hard
>>
>>387700545
I finished POTD without spreadsheets and with the normal companions, but it was absolute hell on earth. Hard is probably your best bet.
>>
>>387701197
Shield is pretty good for damage with durgan steel and speed based tactics. Armor penetration helps too, so vulnerable attack and stiletto if the target is weak for pierce is amazing damage. I usually go with sabers otherwise, it's a good thing they have the same weapon focus. That high accuracy helps if you have no debuffing or buffing.
>>
>>387701278
>>387701281

Thanks bro's.
>>
File: Eder and a dragon.jpg (472KB, 1696x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Eder and a dragon.jpg
472KB, 1696x1080px
>have two fun saves, bandit cipher and hunter monk
>can't decide which to play
>probably soon make another save
I can't be the only indecisive fuck in here.
>>
>>387702598
In my second save, I went full psychopath, killed everyone and sided with Woedica while pissing all the gods off. It's probably not gonna make much of a difference, but I'm looking forward to trying out Deadfire with that safe when I'm done with the first one.
>>
>>387702598
I had a Paladin, a Ranger and a Chanter character with a partially completed game. Eventually I just forced myself to pick something and stick wtih it, so I made a Cipher and finished the game with him.

Ciphers are just fun.
>>
File: a6c[1].gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
a6c[1].gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>387702770

You can transfer saves to Deadfire?
>>
>>387702991
Yes anon
>>
>>387702991
Yes.

But you'll be brought back to level 1 because Eothas steals your soul at the start of the game.
>>
>>387702991
Yes, you are playing as the same MC, after all. They even have that Dragon Age feature of simulating some of your main choices in case you don't have a save.
>>
I'm really hoping that people who took the Deadfire background in pillars are gonna get special interactions in Pillars 2
>>
>>387703127
It's the right decision, in my opinion. RPGs that start at high levels aren't fun. Leveling up is one of the most crucial parts of an RPG.
>>
>>387703205
That's already been confirmed by the devs.

The only question is how frequent those special interactions will be.
>>
>>387703205
That's gonna be a pretty big blunder on them if they don't. Equal to how there are barely people that react to you being a Godlike in the first one.
>>
So I take it this game plays like absolute shit with a controller?
>>
>>387703127
But whats the reasoning why Eder and Aloth are low level again?
>>
File: 1287311923694.jpg (279KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1287311923694.jpg
279KB, 1000x1000px
>>387702991
>>387703127
Apparently you get talents like Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment back at some point, but Sawyer said that they might come back with different buffs.
So go sacrifice some peasants and a companion you don't like for them powers. You are not a benevolent bitch, right?
>>
>>387703651
There's a console version coming out in a week or so. According to them, it plays well on a controller, but I have no idea how that's possible.
>>
>>387703718
Thanks dude.

Damn, people are being really helpful today on /v/.
>>
>>387703665
They were too busy not fighting and forgot everything. It ain't like riding a bicycle.
>>
>>387702598
I'm in the exact same boat anon and I haven't even played the game yet. Both classes sound radical to me.
>>
>>387703665
Level is a gameplay mechanic to keep the monkeys interested and has no bearing on in-lore power levels

Don't think about it too hard
>>
>>387703718
It isn't. It's gonna play like shit and I bet they'll casual down combat a lot or take a lot of it out (which ain't that bad a thing, now that I think about it). Scores will be 70 at best.
>>
>>387703718
So much of the game revolves around clicking, combat I'm sure will be fine since you spend a lot of it pausing so there's no rush, but just general movement I feel would really suck.
>>
File: Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg (78KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
Devilish_4a1cb5_6238404.jpg
78KB, 470x595px
>>387703672
>Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment
>mfw my main has Cruel 2 from those two choices
>nothing but good boy points apart from that
>>
>Have Eder moving toward paladin with Aloth handling mechanics in my save
>Eder is a multiclass rogue in Deadfire
My reee is unimaginable.
>>
File: Portrait_devil_of_caroc_lg.png (122KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_devil_of_caroc_lg.png
122KB, 210x330px
>>387703928
>benevolent 2
AAAUUURGHH you fucking bleeding heart.
>>
>>387703997
Nah nigga.

You can multiclass as anything. Eder is just special (along with a couple of other NPCs) in that you can change his BASE class between Rogue and Fighter. So you can still make him a Fighter/Paladin (or Fighter/Priest which is more appropriate IMO) without any levels in Rogue if you want.
>>
Alright, bought the game+ expansions, had myself a nice steak dinner and am armed with snacks and drink.

Should I play on hard and toggle expert on? Or will I miss out on alot of shit if I don't put on expert.
>>
>>387704167
I'd probably leave Expert off for your first playthrough. Using expert mode does things like hide the size of your AoEs which is cool in theory but very frustrating in practice, given that AoE sizes aren't always very intuitive and friendly fire is a thing.
>>
>>387704167
Expert mode is the real meme. Better to go without it.
>>
>>387703997
He has two base classes to choose form. It makes sense in the context of one of his endings, anyways, that he would end up a rogue in PoE2

>>387704167
Having expert on will only cause you to understand less of what is going on. If you really want some of the expert features, you can toggle them on/off individually in game.
>>
>>387704142
But If I make him a fighter/priest my party will have three different priests in it
>>
>>387704339
Why not go whole hog and make everyone X/Priest or Priest/X?

DEUS VULT
>>
>>387704436
With the new Cleric companion my main save would then have three separate priests of Eothas all of whom with different takes on the religion and all of them chasing his new avatar down.
>>
>>387704167
Expert is no fun allowed mode. You can't even see where your spells will land with it.

Do it Hard with Expert off and just turn off whatever you think is too casual on the gameplay options.
>>
>>387704132
I didn't mind Devil.
>>
File: backstabbing.gif?w=400.gif (17KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
backstabbing.gif?w=400.gif
17KB, 400x264px
>Deadfire allows multiclassing
>play as a priest of Skaen
>get Prey on the Weak
>get Apprentice Sneak Attack
>multiclass into rogue

Somebody stop me!
>>
>>387704726
>You will never cuddle up with Devil on a cold night not caring that she's not providing any heat
>You will kiss her realizing it's so cold out that your lips freeze to her cheek
Why live?
>>
>>387704780
Apprentice SA probably wont exist cause it and the other feats like it was the dev's attempt to add a little bit of multiclassing flavor to POE
>>
>>387704726
>>387704850
>Dies in every ending
Into the blood pool you go.
That said I've never played her beyond her quest. Maybe when my bandit cipher gets there, I'll try making her a permanent party member to use my cipher knives.
It just sucks that she's stuck with that shitty slow armor. Maybe if I can durgan steel it it will be tolerable.
>>
>>387689785
>This game is fun, why does /v/ never discuss it?
What are you talking about, PoE threads are common here.

It's just an okay game, but had way too many things going against it to make it any sort of classic. I'm hoping it's going to be one of those games where they basically improve everything that was lacking in the sequel and I'm cautiously optimistic about it though (like Assassin's Creed to AC 2)
>>
>>387704905
Why'd you stop me, bro?
>>
>>387696612
>mfw fucking love Divinity: Original Sin's combat
>But the art, presentation and writing make me want to throw up
>Love PoE's art, presentation, writing, characters
>Somewhat tolerate the gameplay
>>
File: melissa-spandri-monkmelissas.jpg (673KB, 1920x2716px) Image search: [Google]
melissa-spandri-monkmelissas.jpg
673KB, 1920x2716px
I was going to play monk, i'm in the character creation atm and this wound system sounds pretty tedious on paper. As far as I understand you won't be able to use your abilities unless you take damage.

Is this as tedious as it sounds or does it work pretty well? Being forced to face-tank shit on hard in order to use abilities sounds pretty meh.
>>
>>387705160
I hate fun
>>
>>387705449
It works pretty well. Might be a bit tedious early on, but you also get abilities that don't require wounds so it's not that bad. Later on managing wounds becomes pretty easy since you have a good health pool anyway.
>>
>>387705449
There is a feat that makes wounds take less damage to accumulate

It's not that bad, anyways. Losing Endurance (in-combat hp) isn't as big a deal in low level POE as it is in, say, D&D
>>
>>387705449
This is why monks have huge healthpools, just put at least 16 points on Con and you can survive in melee just fine. At the low levels most of your character should wear the heaviest armor anyway.
Alternatively have your other characters hit your monk, aoe spells are good for that. Also there is a talent that lets you get wounds easier.
Dunno if you like it or not, I'm fine with it though.
>>
>>387694754
>The upcoming DLC is new mid-game content
Good, because once you leave the starting crater, the zones turn into putrid shit and by 3rd zone you're just pidgeonholed into whatever path you've taken. If they rework pretty much everything after the first act, I'll probably play it. Fuck paying for it, that should've been in the game or atleast a free patch, lazy hackfrauds. Worse B-Team than From.
>>
>>387705623
>>387705689

Thanks, finally, any tips on stats for monk? The game says endurance and dexterity primarily but won't that gimp my damage output?
>>
>>387705784
Do monks have some kind of way to draw attention to themselves? Like a taunt or spell.
>>
>>387705826
You don't need to have high might to have good damage output. Con/Dex are both good, but unless you're going to but 5+ points in dex the returns are negligible.

The most effective stats, on a point-by-point basis are Res and Per, but you'll probably only understand why after you learn how the game's systems work.

That said, given that HP is important to monks, having a good Con score is wise.
>>
>>387697407
This.

I can't just help myself but by the first moment I knew those three guys would stay in my party. Then I kept meeting furfags, hippies and strong womyn.

Was there ever a CRPG where the first tank you've met wasn't a likeable character?
>>
>>387700445
>This isn't pasta
How pathetic. The game is normie central, though. It's simple and unchallenging, and the story is hard to fuck up because none of your choices matter (since they're all variations of "Tell me more" anyway.
>>
>>387705279
D:OS combat with PoE's setting, writing and art would be the ultimate combo. Too beautiful for this world.
>>
>>387706153
I wouldn't exactly call Eder "likeable". I mean, I'd like him if I wanted my companions to put me to sleep, but I don't
>>
File: male_dwarf_e_lg.png (170KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
male_dwarf_e_lg.png
170KB, 210x330px
>>387702598
I lost the count of the times I've restarted playing with the different classes and races. I always restart a couple of times in RPGs but never so much. In the even I had to go full roleplay and think of a simple backstory for my character before creating it, I ended up with an old bleak walker dwarf, mostly based on Gafgarion from FFT.
>>
>>387705917
There ain't taunts, mobs tend to target characters with lower armor value for their attack damage type.
There is engagement though. If enemy gets in melee range with your character and then tries to run away, you get a free instant high accuracy attack on them. That's why AI tends to stick with first target they engage(unless there is a clear way to a low armor target).
Best strategy for most the game is to chokepoint mobs to a tight hall or doorway. In White March this gets less efficient.
>>
>>387705826
High Con is a must for Monks. It's just smart design. They become tanks and DPS at the same time.
>>
>>387705826
I'd probably focus on CON, DEX and PER for a Monk.

MIG is good, but the damage increase it gives isn't all that big so just make sure it's at a decent level and leave it there. RES isn't a big deal because you want to get hit and not dodge more. INT is useless for Monks.
>>
>>387706330
I guess inoffensive would be a better term.
>>
>>387706254
>PoE is simple and unchallenging
Without even getting on meme shit like Solo or Iron Man mode, I want you to beat the whole thing on PotD, including bounties, all dragons and arch-mages. Guarantee you can't do it.
>>
>>387706330
>>387706542
Fuck that. Edér is maximum /bro/
>>
File: eder.png (466KB, 1271x476px) Image search: [Google]
eder.png
466KB, 1271x476px
>>387706153
>>387706715
This. Eder is a good guy.
>>
File: 1480038888349.jpg (130KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1480038888349.jpg
130KB, 1920x1080px
>>387706715
>>387706785
>have Edér and Hiravias in the same party
>Edér keeps saying racist stuff and not even realizing what's wrong when Hiravias gets mad
>>
File: Kolfecg.jpg (485KB, 1679x1048px) Image search: [Google]
Kolfecg.jpg
485KB, 1679x1048px
So, does this guy deserve to die? Remember that he turned down a woman.
>>
File: 1434913544503.jpg (41KB, 680x793px) Image search: [Google]
1434913544503.jpg
41KB, 680x793px
>Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
>Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear
>Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition
>Planescape Torment: Enhanced Edition
>Torment: Tides of Numenera

>no Arcanum sequel, spirutual successor or enhanced edition
Why couldn't they have just done this instead of inventing a new IP for PoE
>>
Could have been fun, but the writers drawing on their own life experiences and world views was annoying and ultimately ended in me getting bored and playing something else.
>>
>>387706901
Nah, the Doemenels are huge cunts.
>>
>>387706901
>Doing quests for the Doemenel
>Not slaughtering them when you see them bullying that merchant and then going to their mansion to kill all of them
>>
>>387706715
>>387706785
Hes the closest thing to a "bro" this game has but he falls short of fulfulling the typical role. Hiravias is a bit broish too, but none of the companions is truly the classical bro.
>>
>>387706948
Because they don't own the IP.
>>
>>387706968
>but the writers drawing on their own life experiences and world views
Uuh? Any example in specific you can come up with?
>>
>>387707154
Yeah, the content of the game and the tone of the writing.
>>
>>387707116
Yeah, that's a pretty good answer actually.

Still angry though.
>>
>>387707062
Edér is unironically a really good bro-tier character. Good sense of humor, not too overwhelming about it, fun lines, great quest. He's Alistair from Dragon Age except actually done well.
>>
>>387707024
>>387707051
All factions are cunts, with dozens being the biggest dicks.
Doemenels are Knights are pretty much tied in that department.
>>
>>387707247
I'm asking you to come up with something specific.
>>
>>387707343
The Knights are way better than the Doemenels. Their only disadvantage is that they have those Forge Knights around but you can convince them to drop them.
>>
>>387707343
>are
And*
>>
Animancy was a mistake. And Waidwen should have won.
>>
>>387707505
>Animancy was a mistake.
No.

>And Waidwen should have won.
Yes.
>>
>>387707345
And I'm specifically telling you it's the content of the game, in it's entirety and the writing, in its entirety.
>>
Alright, I dropped this one before. What makes 3.0 different compared to the older vanilla version?
>>
Man the new druid spells in White March are pretty disappointing
>>
File: le balance man.png (356KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
le balance man.png
356KB, 640x350px
>>387707712
BALANCE
>>
>>387707879
Is it just a meme or based sawyer legit made it better?
>>
>>387707505
>>387707575
>Eothards
You siding with Eothas the cunt on Deadfire? Heretics.
>>
>>387703794
seriously?
>>
>>387708062
A bit of both.

The balance patches were fucking annoying while they were happening and arguably unnecessary in a purely singleplayer game, but they definitely improved the game a lot by making more playstyles viable and improving the flow of combat.

I mean just look at Rangers. Early on they were borderline useless, while in 3.0 they're one of the best classes in the game. Unless you seriously fuck up your build, there are now no bad classes anymore.
>>
>>387708206
Eothas is the god of forgiveness and how can we say that we followed him when we can not find it within ourselves to forgive him?
>>
>>387707607
Then surely it will be very easy for you to come up with a single specific example.
>>
>>387689785
It's shit.
>>
>>387689785
It's not a bad game. Somehow traveling felt slower than baldurs gate, even though you can fast forward time in PoE. Maybe it's just me.
>>
File: 10lkUdy.gif (815KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
10lkUdy.gif
815KB, 500x281px
>>387708206
>You siding with Eothas the cunt on Deadfire?
Nah. He was right in the Saint's War, but he fucked up when he stole my soul.
>>
>>387708306
So it's fun now? Thanks
>>
>>387708675
It's not like you'll love it now if you hated it before, but it's definitely improved.
>>
File: shrug.jpg (106KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
shrug.jpg
106KB, 554x439px
>>387708219
That's the best I can come up with.
>>
Seems some companions in PoE 2 will be romanceable. Not having romance in PoE was alright but I didn't like how they intentionally avoided it when sex&love are a big part of human interaction. Can't wait for PoE2, did anyone buy any shares in it? They go for like 1000$ a pop, I wonder what the return on them will be.
>>
>>387709275
Nah. I the whole investment thing on FIG is way too shady for me to put money into it. If I wanted to give them money I'd do it as a regular backer, not as an investor.
>>
Last question before I dive in, does this look good enough?
>>
>>387709275
There was an article on this a while back, it doesn't sound too positive to me.

https://www.growly.io/investing-on-fig-insight-from-a-veteran-investor/
>>
>>387709998
Looks ok. You can drop Int even lower without any real ill effects if you want.
>>
so /v/

did you support animancy or were against it?
>>
>>387709998
I'd leave Res and Per at 10 and put the point in other stats but it's okay.
>>
>>387709998
It's fine, unless you are going full power gamer. Remember that stats also affect your dialgoue choices. I would put those two points from resolve for perception. You usually need +14 to get any good dialgoue choices.
You can also use equipment, resting bonuses and food to buff stats for the dialogue.
>>
>>387710264
more like did you support the thieves or were you a templar/grifter cuck
>>
>>387710264
I supported it, but I kind of hate there was no clear options for "it should be allowed to continue, but under strict observation and not this do whatever you want nobody cares shit".

I mean almost every animancer you meet is either evil or deranged. While I don't believe animancy is evil by nature, it's a fact that there a lot of assholes abusing it for all kinds of evil shit. So while I don't think animancy should be illegal, they should at least have rules and some sort of oversight to make sure people don't go raising zombie hordes or torturing peasants just to see what happens.
>>
>>387710456
Oh shit. I hadn't taken dialogue into account. I care alot about that. Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>387710767
Well, Res Int and Per are the best for talking. For Monk they aren't the best stats, but I would say Per is the way to go.
I usually always take 15per for my main, since you can get +3per cloak from act 2. 18per is enough for pretty much every Per check. For int/res just carry gear and food that boost them. Resting bonuses if you really need that +3.
>>
>>387711265
Is there a class that does pretty well with Res/Int/Per getting alot of points? I might just make my character that if there is such an option.
>>
>>387711701
Pure tank Paladin works well with those stats. Control-focused Wizard or Cipher as well.
>>
i havent finished the game, the high point for me so far was in the sanitarium when you discover that thaos has been fucking around with animancers for centuries and then makes everyone in there go crazy
>>
>>387711701
Tank fighter.
Res for surviving, Per to hit with your overbearing guard and int so your overbearing guard prones and self buffs last long. Very strong build, I always make my Eder similar to this, even though his stats ain't that good for it.
>>
File: 1470514528029.jpg (359KB, 933x1352px) Image search: [Google]
1470514528029.jpg
359KB, 933x1352px
>beat the game twice with a benevolent wizard and neutral selfish
>try playing with other classes for a while
>now I want to beat the game as evil wizard
There is no end for the wizard ride
>>
I got to the 2nd big city, the wooden one. I kinda lost interest for a while, and been thinking of picking it up. How long do I need to stay in this dump? And when can I start to do the dlc?
>>
>>387689785
act 3
>>
I enjoyed Tyranny more.
PoE was too run of the mill and I really didn't care for all the lore dump
>>
>>387709275
The chances of you getting profit from those shares is low and even if you succeed it's not a lot of it. I'm pretty sure the majority of people that bought shares for that game did it more to support the game than they did to try to get money out of it.
>>
>>387710264
I ended up being neutral on it, which meant that it was banned on Defiance Bay but plenty of people still practiced it around the country.

It has great potential, but it needs to be strictly under watch, because there are clearly too many wackos that can fuck shit up with it. Then again, a big part of that is on the Leaden Key.
>>
>>387713049
You should start with the DLC immediately. You should be done with it before you explore any further in Twin Elms.

Also, you can very easily rush to the end of the game in one hour or two if you feel like it and just go through the Main Quest line.
>>
Do you get the opportunity to increase your stats while playing?
>>
>>387713869
Hm, but the road and gates of the main city is on total shutdown now.
>>
>>387713930
Only through quest talents.
>>
>>387713930
Not by leveling up but there's a few way to get bonus stats
>>
>>387713979
The DLC starts at your keep and goes to a completely different new area and the end game is at Twin Elms. You can't finish the game and go back to the DLC, by the way, which is why you should go for it first.
>>
>>387689785
It's shit. I could only stomach a single playthrough in a genre I normally do several playthroughs
>>
File: CjLZiFf.png (146KB, 554x439px) Image search: [Google]
CjLZiFf.png
146KB, 554x439px
>>387689785

I beat it a few months ago having never played a cRPG. There was way too much dialogue. I was looking for something with similar speech mechanics to F:NV where I have many choices based on my stats and character, but none of them felt like I was changing anything or getting rewarded with unique stuff for choosing to make my character a certain way. I wanted talking, but not a wall of text for every NPC. Anyone have any recommendations?
>>
Reminder that Eothas did nothing wrong until he destroyed my castle FUCK YOU Eothas i hope Magran blows you to fucking pieces again you fucking faggot
>>
>>387714473
Magran doesn't need to do shit. I'll blow him up myself.
>>
>>387714473
>blows up your castle letting you become a fucking pirate
>doesn't destroy the Thronefu
Based Eothas.
>>
>>387714473
Nuke Eothas again 2018
>>
>>387690869
Is Obsidian goint to release new updates? Some ingame texts have strange tags.
>>
durance is a dick. normally i wouldn't mind this except sometimes he is a dick to me
>>
>>387716341
He's a dick to everyone.
>>
File: durance in brothel.jpg (880KB, 1274x968px) Image search: [Google]
durance in brothel.jpg
880KB, 1274x968px
>>387716341
>>387716565
More like he has a dick for everyone.
>>
>tfw wanted the option to flirt with Sagani in some capacity but can't because she's married

unfair
>>
Hey /v/ chums.

As far as story/narrative go, is White March actually worth getting?
>>
Is having a Paladin main character any fun in this or are they just Aura-carrying auto-attackers like in other games?

Also, do you have to be a moral-fag or can you be a charming rogue paladin if you wish
>>
File: pepsmk.jpg (36KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pepsmk.jpg
36KB, 657x527px
>>387717026
i feel your pain anon
>>
>>387717225
Paladins work best as tanks

Also, the archetype of paladin depends on the paladin order you pick.
>Kind Wayfarers
Typical nice guys
>Shieldbearers
Honoraburu diplomats
>Goldpact
Impersonal mercenaries
>Bleak walkers
Blackguards
>Darcozzi
Pimp niggas
>>
File: pillars paladin.jpg (65KB, 698x204px) Image search: [Google]
pillars paladin.jpg
65KB, 698x204px
>>387717225
You choose a paladin order at the start, they hate and like different dialogue.
>>
>>387717049
Sure. It's not anything earth shattering, but it's fun added content that is fairly meaningful to the lore.
>>
>>387718061
how's white march add to the lore? I just beat part 1 but didn't really pay attention
>>
>>387718140
Part 2 will answer your questions. Part 1 is just the set up. It gets way grander than it seems at first.
>>
>>387718140
White March 1 is setup for the second part. The story is about relationship of Ondra and Abydon
>>
>>387717712
>>387717671

So do you get punished for deviating from the prefered order preferred responses?
>>
File: jsawyer-portrait.png (108KB, 210x330px) Image search: [Google]
jsawyer-portrait.png
108KB, 210x330px
>>387708306
>>387708752
Based JSawyer!
>>
>>387718412
Your defense bonuses are based on how well you align with your chosen order, though you can take a feat to reduce that restriction.
>>
>>387718412
Yeah. Your AoE gets smaller the farther you push away from your path.
>>
>>387718412
+1 Deflection, +2 Fortitude, +2 Reflex and +2 Will every point in your favored rep
-1 Deflection, -2 Fortitude, -2 Reflex and -2 Will per full retard.
>>
Tell me fun build to play with.
I wanna be super edgelord story-wise, so I want something fitting.
>>
>>387719443
Barbarian
>>
>>387719443
Priest of Skaen
>>
>>387690802
To be fair they crammed White March into the main campaign rather than making it its own thing. Its totally shoe-horned into the game and even without it there are a bajillion sidequests you can do you gon get overleveled as it is. I stopped doing White March and went straight for the end. I am going to have to do another playthrough later where I do the white march stuff.
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.