[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HUBS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: Downtown.png (1MB, 964x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Downtown.png
1MB, 964x1024px
Why settle for empty open worlds or cramped linear corridors when you can take the golden middle path?

This thread is about hub worlds, post your favorites.
>>
Fuck open worlds. Hub worlds are the real shit.
>>
>>387689313
By "hubs" you mean a collection of small, open levels with loading screens between them and no "overworld"?
>>
File: Fo1_Hub_Old_Town.png (4MB, 2384x1256px) Image search: [Google]
Fo1_Hub_Old_Town.png
4MB, 2384x1256px
>>387689313
>>
>>387689313
Somebody is reinstalling it right now
>>
>>387689313
Open world is probably one of the worst meme shits that has happened to gaming, the atmosphere and visual feeling of Vampires hub is so fucking great that even today released games like Witcher 3 simply can't compete, its like night a fucking day
>>
>>387689313
Witcher 2 had that. I loved the second hub on the Roche path.

That said Santa Monica is the best hub I think, followed by Hollywood and then Downtown.
>>
>>387689313
Deus Ex Human Revolution has the best hubs
>>
>>387690849
Generally speaking, a hub is an area that connects into other smaller areas. The game will bottleneck you and might get quite linear, but there's one or several open locales tying it all together.

Hyrule Field in Ocarina of Time = Hub world
Hyrule Field in Breath of the Wild = Part of the Open World

Of course the definition can get muddy but that's how I interpret it.
>>
File: Athkatla-BG2.jpg (437KB, 1200x701px) Image search: [Google]
Athkatla-BG2.jpg
437KB, 1200x701px
>>387689313
Try and tell me this isnt the best.
>>
The Darkness had a super atmospheric hub world.

Sad to see it go in the sequel.
>>
>>387691643
It's a damned shame this game never got to PC.
If you own a PS3 or X360 you owe it to yourself to play this gem.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.