[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i have finally started playing world of warcraft again...(i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 9

File: download.jpg (20KB, 337x150px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
20KB, 337x150px
so i have finally started playing world of warcraft again...(i know i know..) anyone wanna join me leveling up, doing old dungeons/quests etc?
>>
>>387687085
>i have finally started playing world of warcraft again
>Late 2017
Why? The game doesn't even reward anyone, other than hardcore raiders, that started on day one of the expansion. Blizzard can't even remotely bring back the userbase at this point, this entire expansion was a slap in the face for casuals.
>>
>>387688138
Fuck them for locking flying behind a raid. It may only take one LFR group but it's the principle of the matter. Blizzard is forcing it's players to engage in raiding to unlock non-raiding mechanics. There's no point for doing this. I'm just going to shit up LFR until I get what I want and then never touch it again. Nobody is benefiting from this.
>>
>>387688138
You really underestimate the catch-up mechanics, man. I came back right before ToS LFR, logged on to a character I only leveled 90-100 in a couple days before Legion, and I'm already in a progression guild that is starting Mythic this week. The real people who got fucked were the very people you are mentioning, the people who slogged through it all early on. It has been the least alt / switching-mains friendly expansion by far.
>>
>>387688651
>YOU MEAN I HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME IN THE MOST BRAIN DEAD FASHION TO GET WHAT I WANT?

They didn't even want people to fly in Draenor, but people like you would be shitting themselves if they didn't tack it on at some point. Heaven forbid you have to put forth even the slightest amount of effort to unlock flying account wide by clicking a search button, falling asleep, and waking up to being finished.

Flying has always been a mistake. Don't see how MMOs would've "progressed" a different way, but it has really gutted many aspects of the genre.
>>
>>387689293
I think he's talking about the homogenization of class builds and play styles.mthats adorable though
>>
>get all heirlooms
>have mount at level 1
>one shot everything until you hit like level 100
>classes with pets or good self healing can literally solo dungeons intended for 5 people
>only hit 110 so you can do arbitrary world quests, farm LFR and run errands for khadgar and illidan while they do they cool shit in non-interactive cutscenes
No yeah 2017 is a great time to be a subscriber!
>>
>>387690812
>wtf the easy content is easy
>>
>>387688651
>Fuck them for locking flying behind a raid

lol are you mad because theyre making you play the game or something ROFL
>>
>>387691116
They don't even lock it behind a raid so he's a massive tardlet, as expected.
>>
>>387687085
The fun won't last.

The novelty of legion got old pretty quickly. I think they "fixed" some of the issues but there is still a shit ton of grinding, too much content gated behind long questlines and it's still wow.

It's core gameplay has not aged well.
>>
File: 1499839495147.png (273KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
1499839495147.png
273KB, 500x356px
>>387687085
I have a real fucking problem with this game as of the latest expansion.

Now I haven't played in a few expansions until legion but it seems like classes that had 10 base skills, 10 utilities and some pvp specific skills (lets just pretend 30 skills total) now have a total of about 8 skills total, it's getting really ridiculous my warlock basically has 4 attacks and i'm almost 110 what is blizzard even doing> This rewards the casuals and lowers the skill ceiling considerably..
>>
>>387693079
>pruning meme
hello TBCbabby
>>
>>387693280
nice fallacies
>>
>>387693432
I've seen it posted many times, but never substantiated. Furthermore, you've admitted you're not even at levelcap and doing piss easy content, while complaining about how casual it is.

Try again.
>>
>>387693280
>Actually defending this shit

Kys
>>
>>387693526
Nice reading comprehension anon.
>>
>>387688138

Mythic Plus is a viable method of progression that doesn't require raiding. Not sure what else you could really ask for.
>>
>>387693603
>I'm almost 110
not levelcap
>have a total of about 8 skills total
not true in the least

I think I grasped it, anon.
>>
File: hotbar.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hotbar.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>387693526
>>387693280
here's my hotbar and i'm level 22 on a vanilla server
the only button that wouldn't be there with later expansions if there was no pruning would be the wand button and that's only cause it would've been a QoL improvment
show me a level 20 or hell even a level 90 warlock from legion and they'll have probably 5 buttons on their hotbar and the rest are like food and shit
>>
>>387693653
Are your eyes painted on, you stupid cunt? I said the smaller skill rotation is silly and that it rewarded casual players, removing such an amount of skills and combining multiple skills into one does not provide a higher skill ceiling, so why do I have to keep playing this shit for it to get better? where did I say it was too easy or the game was casual?
>>
>>387693804
>the smaller skill rotation
can't get smaller than spamming frost/shadowbolt 99% of the time, mongo
>>
>>387688651
>I have to play with people
>in an mmo
>fuck people
>in this massive multiplayer online
>>
>>387693757
also to add i was playing a hunter in WoD and I was in fucking draenor with less buttons on my hotbar than the buttons my warlock has
>>
File: Untitled.png (50KB, 696x393px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
50KB, 696x393px
>>387693757
You're making the error of assuming WoW is about levelling anymore, it isn't. All about levelcap.

So while a complaint about that would be 100% fair, the vast vast majority of your time spent will be at levelcap, where you have skills.

I don't have a Warlock, but you can see a rotation for one spec here, bearing in mind Legion raid bosses have an order of magnitude more mechanics than any tank and spank in Vanilla. Whats a Warlock rotation in Molten Core?
>>
>>387693582
>>387693079

>wahhh I don't need to have 40 hotkeys memorized to actually play a class

I can understand being upset about pruning core class mechanics, but purely complaining about the number is just plain crybaby bullshit.
>>
File: 1489892741764.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1489892741764.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
>>387693757
>Having additional buttons that are only used for one phase of one boss is skill.

Fun fact: Vanilla and TBC were far and away the worst times to play WoW, even worse than WoD. At max level there was virtually nothing to do if you weren't a raider, and if you were a raider the only thing to do was to raid or prepare for raiding.
>>
Legion has done the best job since TBC to keep launch era content relevant (outside of raids).
Heroic ilevels have been increased
Mythic ilevels have been increased and Mythic+ exists
World Quest scaling bumped up and new catch up zones to make their specific WQ more relevant.

I think Legion is the strongest the game has been in a while but the downside of it is that it's so alt unfriendly due to the nature of Legendaries and Titanforging. You feel almost too pressured to be playing the game constantly to hit that BiS point and moreso than any prior expansion once you've hit that BiS point you really have no reason to keep playing and the idea of making an alt would seem insane.
>>
>>387693079
It's not like this is new
Every expansion since Wrath has pruned and added abilities or talents in such a way that the same spec never even remotely resembles each other between expansions
Which to be fair is better than the alternative, take XIV for example where there are classes in the game like Monk that play exactly the same now in the third expansion as they did 4 years ago on launch
>>
>>387693757

>guys look at my screenshot from an unrefined and extremely bloated with poor mechanics and abilities I have more of them so it's objectively better

This is seriously the most ridiculous thing about wow to complain about.
>>
>>387687085
These discussions are so over-used, can we talk about new expansion leaks? I heard one about Veil of shadows involving Jaina, Kul'Tiras and N'zoth etc
>>
should i play wow or tera
>>
File: cinder mail.png (237KB, 482x486px) Image search: [Google]
cinder mail.png
237KB, 482x486px
>>387694146
>If you have 11 or pets out at a given time.
>>
>>387694203
>there was nothing to do in a MULTIPLAYER GAME at endgame besides PLAY WITH MULTIPLE PEOPLE

wooooow
>>
>>387694918
Demonology is an actual pet summoning spec now.
>>
File: Mulgore.jpg (406KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mulgore.jpg
406KB, 1920x1080px
Complaining about retail WoW being pay-to-win and meanwhile playing on a private server with corrupt mods that give players free raiding gear for money. Also, with private servers, It's never a matter of IF the servers will be shut down, it's a matter of time, cba wasting time with that shit.
>>
>>387694992
I think his argument is when you hit raiding there's nothing else to do but raid. Nothing else gives anything worthwhile.
>>
>>387695395
Was nothing to do*
>>
>>387695065
on a long enough timeline even the official servers will shut down senpai, everything in life is relative to time.
>>
>>387693079
>lowers the skill ceiling considerably
Was there ever a skill ceiling in WoW? Back in the day, people would find 40 users just walking around random parts of Azeroth, and would invite them into a raid.

>>387694257
>Heroic ilevels have been increased
It happened FAR too late to matter. The content was old by the third month of release, and the drop rates were abysmal. Even blues were hard to get in the first couple months.
>>
>>387695502
this
if you sit around waiting for something permanent to come along you'll miss out on life
>>
>>387695651
If this was WoTLK/Cata/MoP/WoD those dungeons wouldn't even exist in the eyes of the players unless you got them as a daily random.

In TBC/Vanilla it would've just been used for attunement/resistance gear.
>>
>>387695004
too bad its a clunky shitshow off a spec unless you stack haste so that you have more than 40% of it
>>
>>387695004
>Now
Give Blizzard time. They will turn it back into becoming a solo player that does momentary damage.
>>
I'm playing on the vanilla server Elysium for free with actually populated zones and tons of world pvp

It's [spoilers]fun[/spoilers]
>>
>>387687085
No you just started you most likely never played vanilla bc or even wrath so you are just pretending, what are you trying with this I don't fucking now I don't get millennial thoughs
>>
File: 1496515058677.jpg (65KB, 451x576px) Image search: [Google]
1496515058677.jpg
65KB, 451x576px
>Leveling a plate wearer in Vanilla
>>
>>387699527
>have to wear cloth anyways because that's the pre-bis for your class
>>
>>387690812
Don't bother.Current WoW player have no idea why WoW was so popular. They can't see that it had nothing to do with raids or endgame
>>
>>387687085
prob to late just tell me what server and faction im down
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.