[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

am i the only one on /v/ who is flying to japan in 2020 to go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

am i the only one on /v/ who is flying to japan in 2020 to go see Universal Super Nintendo World?

of course this isn't the only reason to go there i also want to see club sega, go to an onsen, climb mount fuji and go to a soapland
>>
>>387684368
>flying to japan in 2020
>during the 2020 olympics
you wont be afford to afford it
>>
>>387684368
>go to a soapland
I don't think they let gaijins in those
>>
Travelling to Japan for fucking children's amusement park is kinda sad, isn't it?

I mean it's your money, and people spend their money on even more weird and absurd shit, but still...
>>
>>387684368
parks are always disapointing at launch. wait for a few years for extensions, because what they'll have first is "the bare, safe, minimum" and no eccentric choices
>>
>>387684481
>only kids like nintendo
typical sonyger
>>
Trust me, they don't want you. Some morbidly obese, western manchild waddling around the park will just be an embarrassment to them.
>>
>>387684696
>Projecting
>>
>>387684481

told you it's not the only reason i want to go there
there is so much shit to see in japan i want to stay for 3 weeks if possible

i'm a huge slut for amusement parks though, i also wanna go to tokyo disney

>>387684696

i'm a skinnyfat manchild
>>
>>387684368
test
>>
when is this thing opening in florida? i guess it won't happen before 2025 right?

how are universal parks compared to disney? i've heard every other ride is just screens everywhere, that would be lame
>>
I'm going.
>>
>>387684639
Uh, as far as I know I have not owned a Sony product since my Walkman died.

And I'm not saying that only kids like nintendo. I'm saying that Nintendo is primarily appealing for children - which is not inherently a bad thing, if I made a list of my personal favorite movie list, there would be quite a few children's movies on it too).
What I'm saying actually is that the park is for children. Most amusement parks are by definition, and this one is an amusement park based on childrens IP's on top of that.

>>387684741
>there is so much shit to see in japan i want to stay for 3 weeks if possible
3 weeks is sadly still barely enough to scratch the surface.
>i'm a huge slut for amusement parks though, i also wanna go to tokyo disney
I will never understand this. Which might be ironic because I'm otherwise a weeboo and this fascinatation with amusement parks is deeply Japanese... but no. I can't wrap my head around this.

You are in a REAL, absolutely fascinating rich world that is as strange in most ways as Earth can get.
And you chose that time to go into terrible, absolutely fake paper-thin reality made out of plastic. It's just... It's like travelling to Peruvian jungle to lock yourself in a tent with a bunch of fake plastic plants.
The reality is always more interesting than the damn fake world! You will see more fascinating shit when you take a casual walk by Sumida River than you'll see in three days in an amusement park.

I just... don't get it. I would get it if you were bored of where you live. Then amusement park as a mean to escape the boredom of overly familiar envionment makes sense.
But travelling to the other side of the world - into an incredibly exotic society and then chosing an amusement park over reality?

Sorry, I'm ranting bit but it completely baffles me. It's not an attack against you. Everybody has strange quirks, tastes and fascinations.
>>
>>387684481
To be fair depending on where you live Japan could be the closest place for some of the larger parks out there.
Australia has a few but nothing on the scale of Universal or Disney world. These places really don't do much for me but I can't blame others when they visit Japan for wanting to spend a day there.
>>
>>387685251
>To be fair depending on where you live Japan could be the closest place for some of the larger parks out there.
OK, I did not really consider this. That is a very fair point. But OP's post also makes it sound like it is going to be a special, isolated, maybe only occasion to see the place.
>>
>>387684368
The more they talk about it the more it feels like it's going to be a bunch of shitty 4D garbage rides instead of actually fun rollercoasters.
Wasted potential really.
>>
>>387685383

yeah it is, i mean as i said i want to stay there for multiple weeks if not a month, i think it's okay if i spend a day at disney and one at univeral there is still enough time to do all the other stuff

i totally get your point though
>>
>>387684481
Dude, there's a countless sea of normalfag families flying all over the world just to visit Disneyland (either the US or French one) for two days and then go back to their jobs instead of actually visiting the country.

This is literally the only time a Nintenbro can't be called manchildren for doing so.
>>
>>387684481
lol. Tons of adults go to Disneyland. It's for everybody.
>>
>>387685735
>Dude, there's a countless sea of normalfag families flying all over the world just to visit Disneyland
Well, I would argue that the FAMILY (or more precisely CHILDREN) are a pretty big factor here. It's a place for family vacation, you go there because it's actually that easy to travel around with kids and your options are going to be very limited by that. And many children do have the dream of seeing Disneyland for some god-forsaken reason, so some families just do it for them specifically.

And if they are not doing it because of the kids, I will STILL argue that it's kinda sad.
You could still make a bit of a point (I know at least one person who did) that the cultural differences between, say, US and Europe are not nearly as big as between western countries and Asia, and that they might actually find the new surrounding quickly somewhat boring and that there isn't "much more interesting things to see" - especially in America. Don't agree with this claim myself, but it's still at least understandable.

Travelling from a western nation to Japan, to see Nintendo Land or Disneyland, without children... I can't wrap my head around that. And I don't think it's the same as being Dutch and going to France or even US to see disneyland with your children.
>>
Have they announced what kinda rides will be in the park? What could you even do other than have an actual Mario Kart track or some plastic statues. How will this compete with other parks?
>>
>>387684619
It's not a Nintendo theme park, it's an extension of universal in Japan.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.