[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

*kills target in record time* heh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: HBG_MH.png (423KB, 860x662px) Image search: [Google]
HBG_MH.png
423KB, 860x662px
*kills target in record time*
heh
>>
File: HH.png (176KB, 422x414px) Image search: [Google]
HH.png
176KB, 422x414px
*has fun with friends*
>>
>>387677558
?

I always thought Ranged weapons were inferior to melee ones in Monster Hunter and you only pack ranged if

1. the monster is too dangerous in melee
2. You have atleast 3+ people and dont want to risk hitting each other (especially when the Itachi's combo's are involved)

are Guns suddenly good in MH?
>>
>>387677840
https://youtu.be/6st3fkc_xwo

Not OP, but I've only seen this and I don't know what to search for to find more of these.
>>
>>387677840
Guns have always been good anon, just not the first few tiers of weapons you're creating and not without spending a lot of time crafting your own ammo. Light Bowgun is a beast.
>>
is xx out for the switch yet?
i need to work on getting some yennage on my jp account
>>
File: zenith hbg.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
zenith hbg.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>387677558
*has better moveset in spinoffs*
heh
>>
>>387677840
Guns have always been top tier. However, for most people that care, the "tiers" in MH are dictated by hunt time records, which are only being actively pursued by speedrunners with minmaxed setups. So even though guns might be considered top tier weapons, it's usually under pretty specific circumstances. In terms of general usability, they're not that much better or worse than other weapons.
>>
File: 1497459022076.webm (3MB, 606x360px) Image search: [Google]
1497459022076.webm
3MB, 606x360px
>>387677840
The heavy bowgun is top tier in every game with no exceptions that I can think of, but most people write it off because they have worse defense, their movements are seemingly slow as hell, critical distance means the inexperienced will waste ammo trying to shoot monsters from point blank or across the zone, and the various stats on guns make them seem more intimidating and complex than they actually are
>>
File: 1482305563002.jpg (63KB, 478x366px) Image search: [Google]
1482305563002.jpg
63KB, 478x366px
>>387678274
what the fuck is going on here?

>Monster Hunter adds Sephiroth swords and 1337 Samurai combos
>then adds literally climbing onto the monsters back
>now everyone is flipping around and comboing with powerfist mid-air like its fucking Marvel vs Capcom
>Even simplistic straightforward bowgunners are anime protags now

huhhuhuhhuhuhu??
Excuse me?
Why is the realism going out the door now?
>>
>>387679886
Name one thing realistic about MH
>>
Why would you play Monster Hunter and avoid using the melee gameplay the series is famous for? Sure, bowguns are good, but they're not fun. t. heavy bowgunner
>>
>>387679886
Frontier went full retard a long time ago

The series had no direction to go but up regarding the gameplay, but the mainline games have had a lot more time to space it out that climb while frontier is an MMO with regular content updates

World is trying to go back to the "realistic" aesthetic but is keeping the anime gameplay and even doubling down on it in some places like with the IG
>>
>>387679886
That's Monster Hunter Frontier or some shit, and MHW looks to be less anime than X, except for that spinning hammer attack
>>
>>387679886
Retard.
>>
>>387677840
>I always thought Ranged weapons were inferior to melee ones in Monster Hunter

HBG is the most consistently good weapon in the series. It got even more ridiculous in MHX with Adept style and became the undisputed top tier weapon in MHXX with Brave style.
>>
I never bothered with Gunner because you need to make yet another armor and the ammo management seems to be a hassle.
How wrong am I?
>>
>>387682647
Ammo management isn't that big of a problem because you usually focus on maximizing a particular shot type and bringing combines for more of it if and when you run out

It gets easier as you get better at critical distance and aiming in general to get the most out of each shot
>>
>>387683002
>get better at aiming
I´ll break my hand or something before that with the stupid 3DS controlls.
Wonder if they will nerf the damage in Worlds since I imagine it will be A LOT easier to hit with them on a normal pad.
>>
>>387680482
>and MHW looks to be less anime than X
>anime moves directly integrated into each weapon's moveset with no cooldowns between each use
Yeah, no
>>
>>387682647
Ammo management in the 4th gen games is made easier with touch screen combines and item sets, as well as internal shots before all the good ones got nerfed. And besides, you usually kit out use 1-2 types of shots. Otherwise you're not wrong, sometimes getting the materials can be a hassle especially earlier on in the game.

As for the armor, it depends but otherwise making a nice armor can be more difficult than making a single weapon, then you got the spheres after that as well so it can add up in material and resource costs. It also appears that Gunner sets in World may kick the bucket in favor for tying BM physical defense and Gunner elemental resists to the weapon archetypes instead, so it's probably going to be much more easier to swap between them.

>>387683146
Bows would be the kind to benefit a shitload from a regular controller and especially KB/M. Bowguns though do have some view lock when firing a shot in older games but now there's some shooting while firing (new shot type?) so I'm not sure how it's all going to work.
>>
>>387677558
>>
>>387682647
Ammo is annoying to combine mid fight. But inventory management and gunner item space helps a ton now.

Back in MHFU days gunner was annoying as hell to use.
>>
There is nothing wrong with using a cheesy style of play/weapon when a lot of this game is spent replaying the same hunt 20 to 30 times to get materials you need.

That being said I always loved using slime in 3U despite how powerful it was because it made breaking parts piss easy.
>>
>>387683414
>That being said I always loved using slime in 3U despite how powerful it was because it made breaking parts piss easy.

To be fair 3U sure had some bulky as fuck monsters for what was otherwise the easiest G-Rank game.
>>
>>387678203
comes out friday. the demo is available tho
>>
>>387677558
Not with that pellet HBG you don't.
>>
>>387680278
Nah, bowguns are fun. t. aerial pellet memer
>>
>solofagging MHG
>doing bullshit quests with triple hyper monsters
>main GL, but always timeout
>not so good with SA, triple cart
>run out of ammo by the second monster with HBG
>almost give up on it
>try out normal shot rapidfire LBG
>finish with at least 10 minutes remaining and enough ammo remaining for a 4th monster
>>
>tfw the only ranged weapon I've ever tried is the bow

Might give HBG a try in World.
>>
>>387680270
Grass
>>
File: 1483862651094.jpg (29KB, 465x437px) Image search: [Google]
1483862651094.jpg
29KB, 465x437px
>replaying MHFU with friends
>was a meleefag until now, main BG for a change, chain armor s with decorations gives me whim +15 and horn +10
>on top of doing a ridiculous amount of damage I support the entire team with healing and flute buffing
>now everyone listens to my advice and tactics during hunts
feels good
now If only I learned how to fucking play the hunting horn
>>
>>387690168
>hunting horn
>freedom unite
don't bother, it was pretty shit back then
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.