[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to make the perfect modern Sonic game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: Modern Sonic.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Modern Sonic.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>Multiple playable characters like the Adventure series.
>Playable characters share similar mechanics as well as new ones like the Adventure series.
>Open hub world with stages like the Adventure series.
>Sonic should play as a combination of both the Adventure and Boost games.
tl;dr: Combine the Adventure and Boost Formula.
>>
>>387673814
>>Open hub world
No
Stop
This wasn't fun in Adventure 1. This wasn't fun in 06. This wasn't fun in Unleashed. Drop that shit.
>>
>>387673814
>"Sonic should play as a combination of both the Adventure and Boost games."

I could only possibly see this as a recipe for absolute disaster
>>
>>387674032

I thought the hubs were actually fun in Adventure. I would have liked them in 06 too if if they weren't so hard to navigate, and didn't have the shit controls and awful load times. Hubs are fun to just dick around in when you're bored and make the world feel more alive.
>>
Sonic Mania is already the perfect modern Sonic game.

Sonic never needed to go 3D. He just needed to go 1080p/60fps.
>>
File: 1479837543099.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1479837543099.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
>>387674032
>This wasn't fun in Adventure 1
>>
File: 1496196522034.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1496196522034.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>387673814
>Multiple playable characters
This is the sole reason modern games have been so fucking shit, hell i wish forces didn't have to shove the OC and classic sonic (he belongs in his own game, not saying he's a bad gameplay choice) in our faces. Just make a game where Sonic the hedgehog is the protagonist.
>>
>>387676135
>This is the sole reason modern games have been so fucking shit, hell i wish forces didn't have to shove the OC and classic sonic (he belongs in his own game, not saying he's a bad gameplay choice) in our faces. Just make a game where Sonic the hedgehog is the protagonist.

Not OP but Colors? You only play as him and no one else.
>>
>>387676135
No you fucking nigger. It's obnoxious niggers like you that screech their shitty opinions about the god-tier 3D games. You're an idiot. Fuck off and die. Kill yourself. If this was a convo irl i'd fucking brutally beat the ever loving shit out of you
>>
>>387676208
Colors is trash
>>
>>387673814
Just make it like botw
People like that shit
>>
>>387676135

>Lost World

Better be careful for what ya wish for
>>
>>387676298
stop it
>>
>>387673814
>Multiple playable characters like the Adventure series.
I'm ok with this but not a whole fucking slew like sonic 06, maybe like 4, those being Sonic, tails, knuckles, and shadow, but that's it
>Open hub world with stages like the Adventure series.
Unless they can provide some interesting side quests with some interesting writing, aswell as somehow make them fun to run around, then sure. But to be frank I'd rather they utilize the memory for creating more stages etc. , cause in a sonic game I want fast paced platforming, not a hub that I'm forced to walk around that essentially takes the place of a stage that could be put in it's place
>Sonic should play as a combination of both the Adventure and Boost games.
I think they need to ditch the boost formula entirely, and focus on well organized, varied level designs. Make the platforming fast paced, take the controls of Adventure 2, sonic 06, and just refine them all around so they're smoother.

This is how you make a good sonic game. It could be done in the right hands, but sonic team cant into good games
>>
>>387677169
You want me to stop saying the truth?
>>
>>387677176

Hopefully Mania will wake Sonic Team up and they'll learn that sometimes, the fans know exactly what they want.
>>
>>387676135
It's not the idea of multiple characters/styles that is bad, but it's how different the characters/styles play. Forces is split into three games almost, it's really fucking bad.
Multiple characters can work if the overall gameplay is very similar, like Sonic/Tails in SA1.
>>
Lots of playable characters. Fast. Good level design. Good story arcs. Good secrets. Good extras. Good multiplayer. Chao Universe
>>
>>387675170
If sonic stayed 2D he'd be as dead as megaman.
>>
remove the boost button.
steal the camera from kingdom hearts 2 final mix, lock sonic in the middle of the screen and zoom out a little during boss fights.
fuck off with that temple run shit.
>>
>>387677326
they want to have sex with big the cat.
>>
>>387677328
Adventure would've been 10x better had it just focused on gameplay for Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles and built upon those styles. Why would they fucking think we want fishing and a shooting gallery in a sonic game? Sonic Team thinks they need to break up the pace by adding varied gameplay styles, but when you go into a sonic game, you should only expect to get fast paced platforming and nothing more. they're retarded, most of the time you go into a sonic game these days and don't know what the fuck you're gonna get.
>>
>>387677369

>Fast. Good level design. Good story arcs. Good secrets. Good extras. Good multiplayer.

fixed
>>
Spoken like a true ideas guy
>>
>>387673814
>>Multiple playable characters like the Adventure series.
already you've lost y interest
>>
File: 1500168155933.jpg (115KB, 981x898px) Image search: [Google]
1500168155933.jpg
115KB, 981x898px
>>387674032
I found it pretty fun in unleashed
>>
>>387675898
It wasnt

running around a cramped map is boring
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.