[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong with DOW3? Relic knew the fanbase hated DOW2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 163
Thread images: 19

File: whatwentwrong.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
whatwentwrong.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
What went wrong with DOW3? Relic knew the fanbase hated DOW2 and wanted Relic to return to its original roots of the first DOW. They wanted a DOW that took a step FORWARD with better graphic engine, more customization, progressive and rewarding gameplay while staying true and loyal to the Warhammer 40k lore. We wanted a DOW that emulated the tabletop game with hundreds and thousands of unique customizable units and factions all with weakness and strengths. We wanted a DOW that challenged Starcraft 2 and other generic RTS while retaining the best elements of classical RTS with its own unique environments and new styles to explore. Instead DOW3 turned out to be nothing more then a hybrid MOBA-arcade game that only caters to new players while spitting on the faces of loyal 40k fans and the Warhammer franchise. This game is not only a disappoint to the millions of Warhammer fanbase but an attack on the franchise and turning into nothing more then a money-grabbing scheme.

Fuck you Relic.
>>
>>387670623
>the fanbase hated DOW2
Fuck you, DoWshitter. A proper DoW2-like RTT game would have outsold any RTS garbage. You wanted a WoW-like RTS? You got it with DoW3. Shut your whore mouth and lay in the bed you've made, DoW3 is exactly the game you've asked for and exactly the game you deserve.

Personally, I boicotted DoW3 the moment they said they're going to make it a RTS game, not RTT. Fuck RTS shitters and fuck their dead, putrid gook clicker of a genre.
>>
>>387672397
>You wanted a WoW-like RTS
*DoW-like RTS
>>
>>387672397
>Fuck you, DoWshitter
Great way to start an argument, alienate anyone you want to convince.

Why even post? Seriously. No one is going to take you seriously, nothing you said is important to anyone but other people who already feel the same way in which case you're just parroting yourself.

You literally spend time in your limited life writing nothing to no one for no purpose.

I know what you're thinking
>b-but your post!
Is calling you out on your bullshit, and will inevitable change your mind because you know its more intelligent than yours.
>>
>>387672540
>>387672540
>alienate anyone you want to convince.
But I don't want to convince you of anything, shitter, I'm here to laugh at you and remind you that it was the DoW1 shitters who asked for a RTS and RTS they received. People with actual brains aka DoW2 fans knew that the RTT formula was superior to the RTS one for WH40K games, but nobody listened to us. Now eat up the shit you've asked for, scum, and be glad that you've butchered the franchise forever.

Enjoy your shit game in a dead, anachronistic genre, it's exactly the game you deserve.
>>
>>387672809
But you failed again.

Not only did you fail to convince anyone that anything different would be better, you used arguments that were illogical to support a proposition that only exists in your mind because it has the outcome you wanted. This product was nothing like what anyone asked for which is why it failed, had it been what people wanted it would be used. Even you with your reduced intellect can understand such a simple concept.

Again you said nothing to no one to no effect. And to which Ill give you no more replies since I can tell you're already come to my side and you're just attacking to save face.

Have a nice day, see you tomorrow where Ill know you'll be posting better posts since you realize I was right.
>>
>>387670623
>The fanbase hated DoW2

No. RTS purists hated it, but Warhammer 40k fans loved it since it oozed everything that makes the universe enjoyable.
>>
>>387672938
>This product was nothing like what anyone asked for
Wrong. It's a RTS, not a MOBA, because you control shitloads of units and build buildings, but a RTS. This is the game you've asked for, DoWshitter, you're excuses are pathetic. Eat up the shit you've ordered.

>convince anyone
The only thing I would want to convince RTS shitters of is killing themselves. No, I'm here purely to remind you that it was YOUR fault DoW3 turned out to be the trash it is and no one else's. You wanted a RTS? Enjoy it and stop making excuses.
>>
>>387673296
Someone who enjoyed both DoW and DoW2.

DoW 3 is fucked up fundamentally trying to bridge the gap between the fanbases instead of actually putting thought into the fanbase that will buy their games, the Warhammer 40k fanbase.
>>
>>387672397
>>387672809
DoW2 wasn't RTT....It was a RTS without the elements of base-building. I don't agree with everything OP said but lets face the facts; DoW3 was a huge disappointment because they took away certain elements such as cover, moral, suppression, destructible environment and .etc. DoW3 dumbed down in order to appease new players and those who just wanted a fast-paced RTS with unit massing and less macro-managements. In a sense Relic didn't betray the W40K fanbase, but they neglected the traditional RTT part because they believed 40k could've been integrated into RTS a lot better.
>>
>>387673425
>trying to bridge the gap between the fanbases
AHAHAHA, you're fucking retarded. DoW3 was everything DoW2 was NOT:
>large scale armies with paper thin, expendable units
>retarded basebuilding that only detracts from tactical gameplay
>dumbed-down cover
>shit individual unit customization
>dogshit campaign

If anything, it tried to piss off the DoW2 fanbase as much as it could by throwing out everything good DoW2 had. Congratulations are in order, they've succeeded in pissing off half their fanbase. Burn in hell, DoWshitters, DOW3 is the game you deserve.
>>
>>387673685
Hey, I enjoyed both games but since you are a total sperg for thinking anyone should deserve a bad game ever, I will call you a faggot.
>>
>>387673768
>anyone should deserve a bad game ever
You've ruined the franchise forever by not realizing that any RTS game made nowadays would be a cancer-laden "competitive" gook clicker shitfest and by wanting DoW3 to be a RTS. YOU and your kind are responsible for this shitshow, no one else.
>>
>>387673905
Again, I enjoyed both DoW 1 and DoW 2, meaning that I would've been fine either way. But no, they had to do RTS in the shittiest way possible instead of the reason people enjoyed DoW 1 which encapsulated why people love Warhammer 40k. Actually being glad a game is shit because of a perceived fanbase divide is fucking nuts.
>>
>>387673425
1 and 2 are both good in different ways, the power core meta in 3 was really awful

without control victory turrets do nothing but slow the game down
escalation refund encourages building an overwhelming force because your opponent can always field an army, slowing the game down
elites are literally anti-strategy and on a timer, slowing the game down
there's no forfeit option, you have to wait 30 min for the game you lost in the first 5
generally poor VA and art style

i believe some of this has been fixed but nobody cared by that point
>>
>waah why do i have to press buttons in order to interact with a computer system and play a videogame
>>
>>387674430
Yeah it's pretty fucking sad, they only thing they fixed is adding a forfeit option lol.

DoW3 is flawed at it's core mechanics and cannot be saved unless they make massive changes to the game and let's all be real. Relic cant and wont do it.

RIP DoW franchise!
>>
File: heresy!.png (81KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
heresy!.png
81KB, 350x350px
>>387670623
voice acting was even shittier than dow2 and also no german voice option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knbZZ6qur-8&
>>
>>387670623
Stop assuming people hated dow2.
>>
>>387673905
>>387674031
One of the core reasons as to why Relic didn't make DOW3 into RTT was because they feared it would imitate TW: Warhammer too much and Relic believed they should separate the 40k universe and the fantasy universe (which of course was a stupid idea). Relic believed the Warhammer fanboy were too stupid and arrogant for their own good.
>>
>>387675627
>separate the 40k universe and the fantasy universe

No fucking way.
>>
>>387675661
I shit you not Relic actually believed this. They believed 40k universe was a Starcraft-like emulation and the fantasy universe as WoW-like. Hence another problem with Relic: they were ignorant of the Warthammer lore and never bother to collaborate with the creators and experts of the lore.
>>
>>387674430
>without control victory turrets do nothing but slow the game down
Wait what? isn't that the same shit with previous DoW?
>>
>>387675776
base turrets are fine in DoW II because the base isn't the objective
>>
>>387675759
Well they are retarded as shit.

As someone who has played exclusively 40k, even I can see the relationship it has with fantasy. Fuck.
>>
>>387670623
>We wanted a DOW that emulated the tabletop game with hundreds and thousands of unique customizable units and factions all with weakness and strengths
Then you should have asked for something more akin to DoW2, the original wasn't anything like the tabletop
>>
>>387670623
Am I the only one who unironically loved DoW2?
>>
Does anyone want a 50% off DoW3 Steam code? I suspect not but there may be some poor sap in here.

>>387676182
No, I found the more focused campaign much more fun.
>>
>>387675921
Oh you mean that turret, the one that one shots everything? Nah those shits are easily destroyed in the early game easily. Also you forgot that you can build DoW1 style turrets in the game now.
>>
So since there really isn't going to be much actual discussion about DoW 3, I want to come out and say that I fucking hate facing Chaos Demons on the table top.

Granted, I play Necrons, but I fucking hate them.
>>
>>387675961
>I can see the relationship it has with fantasy.
m8 the only relationship it has is the ork, Chaos and elves. Everything else is distinct in their own universe.
>>
I don't like that there aren't defensive buildings in DoW3 and that some units are heavily limited
>>
>>387676438
I mean in terms of balancing, gameplay and overall tone more than lore.
>>
>>387675961
>>387675759

They are partly correct though.

GW made the Fantasy and 40k universes as separate reality bubbles that are only connected through the Chaos Gods, but they are not the same timelines, i.e. Fantasy will not go into 40k universe in the future.
>>
>>387676523
Like I know that, there are too many contradictions to do so (Although Sigmar has fucked that up as well), but there is an overall tone and parallel that is interesting between the two of them.
>>
>>387676523
>inb4 some tertiary fag cites info from old ass books that have been retconned to hell and back that he read about on 1d4chan to deny this
>>
>>387676523
>Fantasy will not go into 40k universe in the future.
Especially not now that the original WHF world has gone boom.
>>
>>387676438
>m8 the only relationship it has is the ork, Chaos and elves. Everything else is distinct in their own universe.
Relic didn't believe that. They saw Warhammer as nothing more then a pre-made video game idea. Even before the introduction of first DoW I remember reading a blog about how Relic promised to listen and stay true with the 40k universe. There were even old interviews with developers telling us that the future of DoW was basically the same as the table-top but with computer graphics. In the end it was all but a lie. Regardless the franchise is dead and this damage will never recover unless Relic abandons and some other developers decides to make a true 40k game. On a bright side, Warhammer fantasy is at least kept alive and somewhat true with the TW games.
>>
Did it get released already?

What's wrong with it, I thought it'd be like DoW1 with graphics.
>>
>>387676523
I think what >>387675759 this meant was relic didn't see the lore and characteristic of what Warhammer truly was and only saw Warhammer as a generic rpg fantasy story.
>>
>>387676797
Its nothing like the first one except for the base building thing. The game is very dumbed down and it feels like a generic RTS rather then a RTT game with cover system, destructible environment and morale system .etc.
>>
All they needed to do to make the greatest RTS game ever is substitute 40k units into Company of Heroes.
>>
>>387676887
So they managed to completely miss the whole fucking point of what made dow good, suddenly I feel better about Relic losing the HW license.
>>
>>387676961

That's because the game is made by a different group of people.

The only ones who remained are some voice actors and the director.
>>
>>387676887
Don't forget the single multiplayer game mode and the campaign that felt like an overlong tutorial.
>>
>>387677130
Did I mention how awful and inconsistent the storyline of the DoW? Hardly any elements from the actually lore were applied and the artificial creation of the Blood Raven chapter rather then exploring the other original chapters from the lore. Also Eldar-Ork alliances, Ork acting too humans, Chaos being too meak and un-chaos-like.
>>
File: OrkzWAAAAAAAGHBIGGER.jpg (239KB, 1280x904px) Image search: [Google]
OrkzWAAAAAAAGHBIGGER.jpg
239KB, 1280x904px
DIS NOW BE AN ORK WAAAGGHH!!! THREAD!

POST ORK STUFF OR I'LL GIVE YA A THUMP!
>>
Why blame Relic for all this mess? Wasn't GW the one that ignorantly sold the fans out to Relic?
>>
>>387676441
m8 the only defensive buildings in previous DoW games are turrets and fortified outpost. Both are in DoW3.
>>
>>387677453
I don't think GW care about this anymore.
>>
>>387676509
Well I have 1 answer for that. It's Relic.

They've been trying to "innovate" since the HW games. Whether the game turn good or bad, they don't fucking care.
>>
>>387677453

GW doesnt care about the games. They only use them as ads for the tabletop.

It's entirely up to the dev itself to make a good game
>>
All those fucks had to do was take Supreme Commander and give it a 40k skin.
>>
>>387680157
That's not how you spell Company of Heroes.
>>
>>387680361
CoH is just babby Men of War.
>>
>>387680361
company of heroes is a reskin of dow1
>>
>>387680412
And Men of War is just babby Sudden Strike.

Fuck, at this rate the DoW franchise would be better served in the hands of Russians. At least they know how to make good RTT games.
>>
>>387680507
Yeah but DoW should be an RTS not RTT. Go away with your bullshit.
>>
I'm a huge fan of the first game because it has Necrons and Dark Eldar. It's also my favorite game because it has traditional style RTS gameplay. Also loved the sync kills and voice acting.

When I first bought the game I was captivated by it because of the Necrons. I like their big pyramids and their green weapon effects. It was totally my favorite army.

I didn't like DoW2 so much. I found it kind of boring.

DoW3 had stupid shit like powercores and towers. It had stupid looking animations, like something out of a fucking cartoon style game. I hate the escalation system and I hate that there are no sync kills. I would have bought it if it had Necrons or Dark Eldar though, even IG.
>>
>>387680467
Sure is, with all that cover mechanics. ;^)
>>
>>387680724
dow1 had cover mechanics

coh is a dow1 reskin, obviously its more advanced because it was its successor.
>>
>>387680613
>Yeah but DoW should be an RTS
Enjoying that DoW3?
>>
File: 1360101715664.jpg (571KB, 1000x754px) Image search: [Google]
1360101715664.jpg
571KB, 1000x754px
People liked DoW II, but it did not have a fanbase as sizable as DoW I. Even today, Soulstorm is more users than DoW II or III, or more recent games like Eternal Crusade.

GW doesn't know how to handle its own license or what makes it appealing. They tried to suck all the comedy out, especially for the orkz who are traditionally the comedy relief/wild card to the Imperium and Eldar's straightman.
They focused on competitive multiplayer instead of just making it stupid fun. Sure balance is an issue but who the fuck plays DoW for competitive gameplay? I WANTED to play DoW II but I hate the perfectly mirrored maps, the dumb must-play-by meta, the control point system.

DoW III has a terrible fucking presentation. Characters blend in with the background, animations dont sync up with projectiles, animations sync up too much with the walk cycles, weird cartoony animations, all the voices and effects are terribly subdued, jumping terminator armour, terrible indicators for "cover", a MOBA-esque multiplayer mode. The fact they needed a constant outline for their units speaks volumes about the terrible design choices.
>>
Will we ever get a guardsmen game?
>>
>>387682530
no, not marketable enough. Enjoy your Primaris Marine game.
>>
>>387680715
Did you ever get into the table top? Because that is how I discovered the necrons.
>>
>>387682594
It could be like a dark souls game though. You'd have to choose a character type but they could make it work. Or another game like vermintide maybe and you're ordo xenos.
>>
>>387682530
Quake 4.

>>387682841
The Surge feels like a spess mehreen game without the 40k license.
>>
>>387682898
>Quake 4

Instead of a stroggification scene, maybe a scene where you are dragged through a chaos cult circle?
>>
>>387682841
oh there's plenty of game concepts that could work, it just wont happen because GW are a bunch of fucking idiots that think only space marines are marketable.
>>
>>387670623
I just wanted Soulstorm with better graphics and a proper campaign.
>>
>>387682898
I actually really liked the surge. Needed more enemy variety but I liked it was a bit more forgiving than DaS in The Grind and you never had to wish on Random Number Jesus. But specifically I kinda want mass deployment of soldiers against a force they're barely prepared for. Possibly something like Gaunt's Ghosts where they're all good at what they do but occasionally have to fight against forces that are more suited to different kinds of forces.
>>
>>387683020
>Instead of a stroggification scene
No. Stop, drop and roll.
>>
Hey nerds I figured I'd let you all know that Cato sicarius is lost to the warp in the newest 40k canon.
>>
>>387682898
The Surge feels like why the fuck am I using melee in the future, ever.
>>
>>387683226
Quake 4 man, it's the closest I've played to IG.
>>
>>387683254
Watch as they make an asspull as they always do with that.

Being a Necron fan in this universe is sometimes pain.
>>
>>387683278
Because you're a construction worker and not an army men.
>>
>>387683293
Yeah it was a little blurb and Calgar was quoted as saying something along the lines of not believing Cato to be dead until he sees it with his own eyes.
>>
File: 1330702742478.png (21KB, 510x546px) Image search: [Google]
1330702742478.png
21KB, 510x546px
>>
>>387683293
Being anything other than a Chaos player is pain. Except maybe Tau.
>>
>>387683293
Primaris immortals wen
>>
File: 1449019881707.jpg (301KB, 1387x699px) Image search: [Google]
1449019881707.jpg
301KB, 1387x699px
>>387683540
Didn't the space pope get assassinated some time ago?
>>
>>387683540
Why would being a tau player be painful?
>>
>>387683540
There is no maybe for it, it's either Tau, Chaos or bust.

Although after getting my ass handed to me by blood letters, I've now got myself Lich Guard to at least protect my Overlord.
>>
>>387683665
And?
>>
>>387683686
Nevermind I'm a silly goose.
>>
>>387683665
The character that no one liked and had no effect at all on expiration?
Inb4 hologram
>>
File: tau.jpg (68KB, 429x772px) Image search: [Google]
tau.jpg
68KB, 429x772px
>>387683665
No, that is lie. Great leader Aun'Va is most healthy and prosperous. Here, take this reciever and watch this broadcast of his latest speech.

You have hereby been banned from /tau/
>>
>>387683835
That miniature was among the most fun I had paiting Tau
>>
File: dawn of war.png (3MB, 1624x2423px) Image search: [Google]
dawn of war.png
3MB, 1624x2423px
>>387670623
>>
>>387683996
On a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult and how fun was he? Is there any you hated painting?
>>
>>387683996
Ok? His rules suck as much as his character fluff. He was a waste of points but I will admit his paradox of duality rule was pretty neat back in the day.
>>
>>387683665
How come a culexus assassin has any effect on the tau? Aren't they all blanks?
>>
>>387684185
No
>>
>>387684148
Look, he posted it again.
>>
>great trailer
>shitty game
Everytime.
>>
>>387684214
Why aren't there chaos Tau, then. In b4 farsight.
>>
>people like Shitstorm
Remember when it didn't have mods and it was the worst game in the series?
>>
>>387684917
>inb4 DoWfag replies Shit Crusade shill or some crap like that.
>>
>>387684709
Tau have a small warp presence. Daemons leave them alone because it's canon that they aren't deemed worth the effort for such a small payoff. They are a like a breadcrumb while the more psyker heavy races are a bigger feast to have.
Also farsight is not a chaos tau.
>>
>>387672984
>oozed everything that makes the universe enjoyable
Except, you know, playing IG. The best and most interesting faction warhammer has ever produced. "Here's your two squads and one tank" is the opposite of what any IG fan wants in a warhammer game.
>>
>>387685263
That's true, but I am blinded as an Ork and Necron fanboy.
>>
>>387684709
>>387685185
I forgot to add that chaos influence can still affect tau. The newest chaos codex has the tau become blood frenzied while fighting khorne. The ethereals have to snap them out of it.
I'm also a huge tau fan btw and have been playing them for about 16 years.
>>
>>387684917
Yes. It is a good thing it eventually received mods and had its many bugs patched.
>>
>>387684917
That picture was lovingly crafted to troll you. Lurk moar.
>>
>>387685420
I think you should lurk moar, there are unironic Shitstorm fans on /v/ and they are nearly as bad as Nintendies.
>>
File: FHPDCfG.png (119KB, 402x564px) Image search: [Google]
FHPDCfG.png
119KB, 402x564px
>>387670623

they made a shitty Dawn of War 2/Starcraft/Moba, instead of Dawn of War 1/actual RTS game.

They literally just had to listen to the community
>updated DoW 1 graphics
>more units/races
>same epic VA

Instead they made a weired abomination for the 1% of Dawn of War 2 and 0% casual/moba fans.
>>
File: contrarian.png (111KB, 748x546px) Image search: [Google]
contrarian.png
111KB, 748x546px
DC samefag shitting up yet another thread i see, ill just leave this here
>>
File: eversor_farsight[1].jpg (217KB, 1236x884px) Image search: [Google]
eversor_farsight[1].jpg
217KB, 1236x884px
>>387683665
>four assassins for four targets
>only the Culexus gets his job done
>a combination of luck and excessively bullshit tau plot armor saves all the others

The Eversor can be considered an exception. He may have failed due to tau plot armor, but everything was so perfect that it's okay in this one case.
>>
>>387685808
I fucking knew it. It's quite ironic of you to call anyone a samefag.
>>
>>387685841
Assassins arent invincible. In fact they job more and more in the fluff as time goes on.
>>
>>387685848
Says the guy literally sitting having a conversation with himself, oh you are such a card DC samefag.
>>
>>387672397
>>387673296
>>387673685
>dowshitter
>dowshitter
>dowshitter
What the fuck is wrong with you, you fucking insane spastic? In what world are the fanbase of DoW1 responsible in any way for the shitfest that DoW3 was? The DoW1 fanbase reacted with disgust to the DoW3 gameplay reveal, because it's only extremely superficially similar to DoW1 in the minds of simple-minded cretins like you, because "m-m-m-muh lots of units and you can build barracks now".

Nobody asked for the atrocity that this game is. Not DoW1 fans, not DoW2 fans. The game does literally nothing that previous games did well. The reason for its immense shit is the same as it is with most games. A modest success isn't enough, we have to go for broader appeal, in this case the mouthbreather MOBA market.
>>
>>387686271
You are literally autistic. What would anyone gain from talking about DC? You ruined DoW discussion before DoW 3 with your shitposting about Soulstorm vs DC. Please don't come back.
>>
And lo did the Shitstorm apologist descend upon the peaceful 40k thread with smug anime girls in one hand and bait images in another. "Show me your objectively superior games," he demanded, "And I will show you a lack of taste so profound you will die inside."
>>
>>387686132
>arent invincible
Obviously. Yet these are the same people that six eversors wiped out an entire planet of ogryn, a vindicare stood motionless for two years to make the perfect shot the same half-second the deldar ship appeared from the webway, and successfully disguised themselves as genestealers and worse while successfully wiping out entire planetary/system operations. An execution force is one of the most extremely potent units in canon, and have failed in only three known instances: assassinating Horus, assassinating Abbadon, and now assassinating Farsight.

One of those three does not fit with the others.

>>387685841
>The Eversor can be considered an exception.
This shit right here.
>>
>>387675627
Dow3 was in development since 2011, initially it was supposed to be MOBA but they decided player should control creeps.
>>
File: 1493208861567.gif (2MB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
1493208861567.gif
2MB, 332x215px
>mfw people unironically defend DoW3
>>
>>387686560
Quote them. The only shitposter defending a bad game here is the Soulstorm guy.
>>
>>387686547
>initially it was supposed to be MOBA but they decided player should control creeps
This isn't true and you don't have a single source to backed that up.
>>
>>387686730
Watch relic's youtube video.
>>
File: 1495564751028.gif (4MB, 344x203px) Image search: [Google]
1495564751028.gif
4MB, 344x203px
>mfw I didn't fall for the DoW3 meme
>mfw people on steam forums kept saying it was a good game during the first week
>mfw any criticism was shut down by rabid relic fanboys (not even DoW fans at this point)
>mfw its now dead and will never recover
>>
>>387686806
The one that said the elite selection screen was inspired by moba hero select screens? Or is there another video hidden up your ass that says they intentionally set out to devlope a MOBA game with an RTS title and only shifted back halfway through?
>>
>>387686487
>One of those three does not fit with the others.
He makes orks shit their pants. It doesn't fit with the others because you don't like the tau.
>>
File: 1476247990354.gif (2MB, 220x190px) Image search: [Google]
1476247990354.gif
2MB, 220x190px
>>387686971
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a tau fanboy believes Farsight is on the same level as Horus and Abaddon. It's pretty much textbook.
>>
>>387687129
Horus and Abbadon are only relevant to the Imperium.
>>
>>387670623
>Relic knew the fanbase hated DOW2
kill yourself
>and wanted Relic to return to its original roots of the first DOW
you retards got exactly what you wanted, enjoy
>>
File: 1502999816333.gif (2MB, 190x300px) Image search: [Google]
1502999816333.gif
2MB, 190x300px
>>387670623
I got a 50% off coupon for it in steam for some reason

Are they really that desparate after handing off this hot garbage? what a fucking shame, how likely is it DoW series is dead in the water now that this abomination is out?

I only recently discovered WH40k and now it looks like the best game series for it is biting the dust
>>
>>387687328
DoW 3 is nothing like the first one. What are you even arguing here? Pretending DoW 2 was amazing and better than the first nets you nothing points.
>>
>>387687328
>you retards got exactly what you wanted, enjoy
Why do you salty shitter keep pretending DoW3 is anything like DoW?
>inb4 lol basebuilding
>>
>>387687434
I honestly dont know who DoW3 was made for.
Also people saying DoW1 was better then 2 or vice versa really means nothing, because they're not similar games at all. It makes sense for people who loves pure RTS to dislike 2, and while I personally love 2, I can see why people would look sideways at it.
Few games have better voice acting then DoW2 though, it's fucking amazing.
>>
>>387687761
>It makes sense for people who loves pure RTS to dislike 2
So, what kind of people love 2's stile of RTS but not quite? How would you even categorize it? An extremely low unit RTS? A gimped Warcraft 3 clone?
What were they thinking? And I do enjoy the game, but it defies genres.
>>
>>387687994

squad based tactics like Company of Heroes. You know, that massively popular game that's way more successful compared to DoW even after how nu-Relic botched CoH2?
>>
>>387687994
I always called it Real time tactics, but I'm not sure if that applies perfectly.
Like >>387688083 said, it is squad based on tactics, any it wasnt conjured out of thin air since CoH was a success, and even if it was a new idea, sometimes you gotta try something new, and I think it worked pretty well, just a shame that Games for Windows Live gimped the shit out of updating the game.
>>
>>387688083
>squad based tactics
Wouldn't that be something like X-com? I've never played CoH.
>>
>>387688083
DOW2 was really a shit version of company of heroes, everything felt so wc3-ified compared to the relatively unique systems of CoH
>>
>>387688242

Ever played Men of War? It's like that, but way more arcadey. Basically, you control a small squad which you use to out maneuver other enemy squads through flanking, cover, or any of the special abilities your squad has.

In CoH for example, blobbing infantry can easily be countered by a machine gun nest that can suppress them. However, any unsupressed squad can also counter this by throwing a smoke grenade that blocks the machine gunners line of sight and allow your supressed squads to reposition or even flank the machine gunner.
>>
>>387686321
>What the fuck is wrong with you
Nothing, because I didn't want DoW3 to be gook clicker trash like DoWshitters did.

>In what world are the fanbase of DoW1 responsible in any way for the shitfest that DoW3 was
They wanted it to be a RTS, they got their wish, but they are such pathetic bitches, that they can't even admit it was their fault. They cry about how "MOBA" DOW3 is when, in reality, it's just cookie cutter RTS trash with some shitty turret gimmicks thrown in.

>Not DoW1 fans
Keep being delusional.
>>
>>387687581
>I want base building
got it
>I want big and many units
sure
>I don't want victory points objectives
they are gone
>don't like cover
it's gone
>don't like suppression
say no more
>don't like retreat button
and it's gone

here enjoy the brand new game that caters to everything you wanted
>this is nothing like what I wanted

before this shit was released thread were full of dow1 fanboys gloating how they are finally getting a game like dow1 again, well like said, enjoy it now
>>
>>387688681
>Nothing, because I didn't want DoW3 to be gook clicker trash like DoWshitters did.
No, apparently you're seriously delusional and need to get your head checked instead of fighting strawmen. "DoWshitters" didn't ask for this, hence why they don't like it.

I don't know if this is some performance art on shitposting or what, but you should fuck off.
>>
File: gDI6f4x.jpg (23KB, 208x220px) Image search: [Google]
gDI6f4x.jpg
23KB, 208x220px
>>387688681
>>
>>387685263
>The best and most interesting faction warhammer has ever produced
>pastiches of movie tropes all over the place
>MUH BALLS OF STEEL
>still need titanic quantities of ordnance to be effective

They're neither interesting, original or best at anything save dying in droves.
>>
>>387689486
I find them interesting on the smaller level, at least lorewise. Following regular dudes who are so fucking outmatched on paper yet somehow manages to get the job done... sometimes.
>>
>>387688963
>"DoWshitters" didn't ask for this
Except they did. You have to be literally insane to think that anyone would make a RTS these days without copying Starcraft's focus on "competitive" multiplayer component, which, by extension, means all sort of dumbification including the dumbing down of the singleplayer campaign and cover mechanics. It is exactly Relic's desire to make DoW3 "competitive" multiplayer focused that produced the abomination we got.

So yes, DoWshitters are to blame for all of this, because you've asked for a modern day RTS, which by extension means a "competitive" gook clicker. I hope you're happy for killing the franchise.
>>
>>387689705
dow 2 was a RTS too
and all sorts of RTS titles are cheaply made these days, no matter if they're traditional or unique
it's probably your fault desu
>>
>>387690348
>dow 2 was a RTS too
Not really. It was a RTT game with a focus on squad-platoon level combat, not batallion+ level combat. This allowed for more intensive tactical maneuvering and individual unit ability usage, since the overall number of units on the field was drastically smaller and controlling them all effectively was easier, compared to DoW1.

>and all sorts of RTS titles are cheaply made these days
They're not. I mean, some indie garbage - sure, but these games don't live past a wekk after release. The only way to make a RTS that would, theoretically, be attractive to the modern RTS fanbase is to copy Starcraft and its competitive cancer focus, but there's no point in copying Starcraft, because the people who like Starcraft will play actual Starcraft, not your shitty knock off. So, in the end, there is no actual way to make a non-shit RTS these days that would actually sell and it's entirely the fault of DoWshitters that they've failed to understand this and wanted DoW3 to be a RTS in modern times. They are fucking retards who killed the franchise and so are you.
>>
>>387688959
>before this shit was released thread were full of dow1 fanboys gloating how they are finally getting a game like dow1 again, well like said, enjoy it now
Lol I wasn't one of nu-Relic shills so nope
>>
>>387690797
>The only way to make a RTS that would, theoretically, be attractive to the modern RTS fanbase is to copy Starcraft and its competitive cancer focus
not really, this has been proven false again and again empirically, even SC2 didn't do so good despite the game not cheaping out and having the blizzard/SC name backing them

I think you're the one who doesn't understand anything

though a tactics dawn of war game would be pretty cool (dawn of war 2 wasn't a tactics game, it was a dumbed down CoH)
>>
>>387691453
>not really, this has been proven false again and again empirically
Lol, fucking when? Name me a RTS that is actually alive at this moment in time that is not starcraft 1&2.
>>
>>387691605
it's been proven false by all the "competitive focus" games being giant flops
as for alive RTS games: AoE 2, supcom fa
>>
>>387691807
Supcom is dead, only AoE2 is alive, but it's an exception that only proves the rule.
>>
>>387692080
hey, maybe your rule isn't actually a rule if you have zero cases for and one case against

either way, nobody asked for a bad game, RTS or not
>>
>>387688959
>don't like cover
>don't like suppression
said no one ever
>>
>>387688959
You didn't even mention sync-kill removal and glass like units
>>
>>387670623
I like the game. And i liked all previous ones too.
>>
>>387672938
>tips fedora
>>
>>387670623
I blame the publishers. I can guarantee you some fucking suit seen the success of Lol and Dota then made Relic manufacture this abortion. I refuse to believe they did this themselves, because even with DoW2 being a departure from DoW1 it was still a damn solid game.
>>
>>387675627
But it would be nothing like an "arcade" wargame, i.e. every Total War.
>>
The game doesn't offer anything that wasn't done better in DoW1 or DoW2, so of course it sold like shit
>>
File: 1496892533673.jpg (89KB, 484x767px) Image search: [Google]
1496892533673.jpg
89KB, 484x767px
>>387670623
>WE KNOW BETTER!!
and they failed,miserably
>>
>>387692080
>Supcom is dead
FAF
>>
>>387695415
holy shit can I get a source on this picture?
Thread posts: 163
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.