[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of splitting the story into a movie and game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Kingsglaive_FFXV_anniversary_2.jpg (4MB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Kingsglaive_FFXV_anniversary_2.jpg
4MB, 2048x2048px
What was the point of splitting the story into a movie and game?
>>
File: 1468800912623.jpg (20KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
1468800912623.jpg
20KB, 599x337px
>>387667812
What's the point of anything really?
>>
>>387667812

$$$$$$$$$
>>
>>387667812
so that only the nips can actually enjoy the whole story with exclusive Japan content because they are the target audience, not the west
>>
>>387670620
Doesn't FF sell primarily in the west though?

Are they just that heavily-prided?
>>
Good question. Yet another failing of XV. We have no ties to the kingdom of Lucis. Would've been nice to have a chapter or two hanging out in there doing low level quests, then escaping.
>>
>>387667812
What was the point of having Sean Bean and Lena Heady do the voices of Regis and Luna instead of the game VAs?
>>
>>387667812

Why is it the recent FF games getting so /fa/? It like Squeenix really wants to open a fashion line for uptown boutiques.
>>
>>387670620
>exclusive Japan content
But Kingsglaive was released in the west, even was part of some FFXV bundle.
Now with NIER content that's a different story.
>>
>>387670973
You see ads for comics and exclusive shit in Japan all over the place, not specifically for XV but just for any japan made games in general

>>387670749
None of the higher ups even speak english, so why would they care about making the game good for western markets, as long as they can shit out some localization then they're content with that.
>>
>>387667812
The movie was meant to appease all the fans that had been teased Versus for years. It didn't and was awful. The game couldn't do Versus because reasons but the movie did it so the game could be its own thing.
>>
>>387667812
>What was the point of splitting the story into a movie and game?

Did you play XIII ? the game cuts you off every 20 minutes to show a cutscene for the first 15 hours. Putting all that into a movie was a great idea. Maybe forced by necessity to speed up the game development but I loved it and loved the movie itself. Nyx was top boy.

Now, I also like the idea of less forced exposition. Sure the story was barebones but I would like more story elements that you discover as you play, like the gas station conversation you overhear that ends up telling you about Luna and her job as a priestess.
>>
Money, you fucking fool. It's the same reason why Advent Children was made. The same reason why FF7 is getting a remake. All of this is because of money.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.