[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: boostshit v5.png (447KB, 1370x609px) Image search: [Google]
boostshit v5.png
447KB, 1370x609px
>>
damn................
>>
>adventure
more like "when going full speed you attempt to gently curve to the side a few degrees but sonic rigidly snaps a minimum angle"
>running at full speed
>attempt to go anything less than 75-90 degrees left or right
>continue running straight even though you're not pressing exactly up on the stick
>keep tilting further and further right
>sonic snaps from running forward to running almost 90 degrees left or right

The game is built to run in straight lines. It doesn't have the sheer fidelity of Mario 64 (an actual momentum based platformer) and it doesn't have the emphasis on physics that classic sonic did (sonic rolling into a ball, and then that ball interacting with curved surfaces like the 90 degree curves or loop de loops

Sonic Adventure's control scheme is a crude predecessor of boostshit and gets a pass for resembling the controls of a proper platformer even though the game isn't built like one.
>>
I'll just put my obligitory comment that OP still hasn't figured out angles and be on my way.
>>
>>387664994
Whats the point of this? Honestly. Different games of different eras have different controls. Can someone explain this meme?
>>
>>387665609
>Sonic can only move in four directions at top speed

What are you even going on about you stupid fucking nerd lol
Have you ever gotten past White Jungle/Green Forest???? lol!
>>
>>387665986
People like you are why Sonic 4 exists and why we didn't get Sonic Mania ten fucking years ago.
>>
>>387666002
I've got all 6 characters extra carts
still working on green hill zone
>>
Sonic Adventure 1 sucks dude
>>
>>387666059
Thats nonsense. This isnt about 2D games at all. I never played 4 but it looks bogus. Classic 2D style is good tho anyone can agree
>>
File: fuckoffretard.png (3KB, 698x1284px) Image search: [Google]
fuckoffretard.png
3KB, 698x1284px
>>387664994
You realize this is why 3D sonic is unplayable, right?

Having no momentum on your character is why the controls were dogass. You press right and are immediately jettisoned right with all the force of running straight. It felt squirrely, it felt unnatural, and worse of all: it was hard to control when platforming.

Having momentum buildup is the superior way of controlling and all of 3D sonic has sucked ass because of you retards who think that he should immediately make corners and go super fast from a simple nudge of the stick. I'm glad taxman isn't retarded like you are.

Also the mini-stage is from Sonic CD so I'm glad you're just showcasing how much of a newfag you are.
>>
>>387664994
doesn't temple run only let you run on strict 90 degree corridors?
>>
>>387666210
Oh, you were talking about Colors and Generations and not Mania.

Point still stands, Colors and Generations had superior controls to Adventure.
>>
>>387666297
You dont have to be correct if your post is merely bait
>>
The most amusing thing about Sonic autists is that they divide their own numbers up and try to deem themselves as superior to other Sonic autists, when in reality, they're all entirely pathetic people.
It always gives me a good laugh.
>>
>>387666464
>not an autist
>on this thread
>>
>>387666464
>says the sonic hating anon in a sonic thread on an anonymous vietnamese pictobox forum

lol
>>
>>387664994
Who the fuck cares they're both bad. Sonic will never, ever belong in 3D
>>
>>387666182
You're fucking retarded, bro. 2D/3D has no relevance. You specifically argued that a new era of a game requires new controls. Shoehorning "new" shit to be different is why most Sonic games are so bad, instead of just sticking with what works.

There is absolutely no reason to redesign the wheel with every era.
>>
>>387666464
you can't just go into /v/ and complain about other autists being more autistic than you as you type this
>>
File: well meme'd.jpg (144KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
well meme'd.jpg
144KB, 803x688px
>post a meme picture that some autist has been spamming lately
>get guaranteed replies
brilliant
>>
>>387666671
You dont understand. The principle is 'if it isnt broken, dont fix it'. Adventure 1 and 2 didnt age well sadly. Genesis era sonic was good thats why sonic 4 shouldnt have changed so much among other flaws
>>
>>387666781
Bait is really powerful
>>
>>387666843
Sonic Adventure 2 has the best controls a 3D Sonic title has ever had.

The issues were with the camera exclusively.
>>
I don't think the boost gameplay is bad but it's not my favorite by any stretch. The increased speed comes at a cost of platforming. When sonic is forced to switch to a 2d plane to complete any platforming segment is proof something is wrong, especially when this didn't happen in the games before the boost.

Also I played generations after a few years of not touching it and was out off from sonic controlling like he's on ice
>>
>>387664994
>playing Sonic Adventure
>run and jump to try to land on a platform
>oh shit I'm gonna miss, better press right to correct myself
>all forward speed is immediately and inexplicably converted into speed in whatever direction I'm pressing
>don't even reach the fucking platform
Wow, great controls, not counterintuitive at all, especially not from a series known for its momentum-based design
I bet you defend Sonic 4's physics too because he stops moving when you're not holding right which is "true control" because why would you want to move forwards if you're not pressing forward
>>
File: 1487985559624.jpg (12KB, 474x473px) Image search: [Google]
1487985559624.jpg
12KB, 474x473px
>boostshit

so is hating on the only good 3D sonic games something that autistic nostalgiaturds like to do now or is this just one troll
>>
God damn these threads are so shitty when OP doesn't respond. It's only funny when he starts screaming and admitting he's autistic. Without him it's just people pointing out their view on this shit and nothing else. Boring.
>>
>>387667720
mad
>>
File: 1484913636047.jpg (8KB, 195x195px) Image search: [Google]
1484913636047.jpg
8KB, 195x195px
>>387664994
The worst thing about Mania is all the stupid autistic Sonic threads that get spammed now.
>>
>being this autistic
>>
>>387664994
>Seriously saying sporadic, unrealistic, instant turning is better than having momentum
I agree that the "run fast in a straight line" gameplay of newer sonic games, but if you honestly think this is because of the physics applying momentum to Sonic's movement, you're a fucking retard, even aside from the fact that you don't have even the slightest clue how angles as a concept work.
A gradual 90 degree turn is WAY better than your turn being instantaneous; this would be obvious if you played either Sonic Adventure game. If you're moving slow, it's fine, but every character in those games aside from Tails/Eggman in SA2 moves extremely quickly, usually quicker than the camera; the camera is always moving, so you don't just "hold right to go right", you have to tap right, desperately try to turn as slow as the camera pans, then hold forward, and most of the time, you won't be going totally straight, so you just have to keep auto-correcting it with fidgety controls. Even if you wanna turn a little bit, the way the controls twitch your movement at every touch of the stick makes it a constant struggle, versus the "Boostshit" style, where you turn right, slowly turn, then hold forward once you've moved far enough.

Controls being "easier" doesn't make a game more casual, it makes it a game with good controls, versus Adventure, which people will universally agree, has shitty controls.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.