[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you think Sonic Team/SEGA of Japan will react to this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 399
Thread images: 46

How do you think Sonic Team/SEGA of Japan will react to this success? Do you think they'll give Taxman and co more freedom and another opportunity, or do you think this was a one-time experiment for them in an attempt to re-learn how to make games their audience wants?
>>
I hope they feel fucking ashamed of themselves that foreigners beat them at their own game.
>>
>>387662820
They will sabotage the team to humiliate them. Classic Sega.
>>
>>387662820
I think there'll be a sequel before 2020. Sega won't let this opportunity slip out of their hands if they're smart.
>>
File: 1469418808735.gif (481KB, 500x323px) Image search: [Google]
1469418808735.gif
481KB, 500x323px
>>387664148
Don't you mean classic Japs?
>>
Don't
Go
Too
Far
Mania
Team
>>
>>387662820
I hope Sonic Team gets dissolved.
>>
>>387662820
>when your highest rated game in 15 years is essentially a romhack of classic sonic games
>>
No idea, I'm sure they are happy that it is successful but pride is a strange thing
Mania was also supposed to shape the future of sonic to some extent but we won't know shit till well after forces is out
>>
File: 1502688572052.gif (316KB, 305x246px) Image search: [Google]
1502688572052.gif
316KB, 305x246px
TROO FRAR
>>
File: sonic mania TROOOO FARRRRRR.png (351KB, 300x1400px) Image search: [Google]
sonic mania TROOOO FARRRRRR.png
351KB, 300x1400px
>>387662820
DON'T
GO
TROO
FARRRRRRRRR
>>
>>387664148
This is the most realistic answer.
>>
Well, its Sega of Japan.

So obviously they'll be bitter and spiteful that a filthy American showed them up, do everything they can to sabotage his relationship with Sega, and never let him work for them again.
>>
File: edit.png (2KB, 228x183px) Image search: [Google]
edit.png
2KB, 228x183px
>>387662820
Depends on what Mania Team wants to do next. Maybe they'll pitch something more original, maybe they'll pitch Mania 2. Heck maybe they'll pitch a full 3D game. Who knows?
>>
Forces will definitely pale in comparison to Mania, so I really hope Sega will finally learn something about forming the right creative teams to develop their games.
>>
>>387664976
>Depends on what Mania Team wants to do next.
Just make a full-fledged arcade on-foot racer based on the Mania special stages.
Sonic R Mania.
>>
>>387665068
I would love a Sonic R successor. I'm sure Mania Team could do it better than fucking Traveller's Tales.
>>
>>387664857
>>387664884
Where did this come from?
>>
>>387664148
This. Remember when that team developed a Sonic skating prototype and then Sega stole the idea and made Sonic Riders? Sega is so childish
>>
>>387664203
>if they're smart.

Then it is not happening, anon.
>>
>>387665068
That would be cool
>>
>>387662820
If they were willing to give them this chance, I'm sure they'd want a bigger, better game to be made next. A lot of the fear of Sega of Japan acting out of jealousy is getting overblown. It's a satisfying fantasy imagining the Japanese playing 4D chess and only green lighting Mania in hopes that it would prove that people don't care about classic Sonic on his own, only for them to get blown the fuck out but that's not the reality of the situation. I mean they can barely make things work in 3D, how do you expect them to try something in 4D?
>>
>>387664148
>>387664857
>>387664884
>>387664975
Say what you want about Iizuka and how bad he's been for the series, but he was the one that got Mania going, and he was supportive to the Mania team the whole way through, even enthusiastic about the game. Sure he's an autist and he had to enforce all the weird policies SEGA has, but overall his influence on Mania is positive. Especially since just by working on Mania, SoJ will not do anything to the Mania team.
>>
nips will only fuck things up
>>
Pride will get involved, no matter what you thinks, Japs HATE the fact that some filthy ganjin in one go made the best reviewed game in 15 years and the funnest experience in video games in a very fucking long time. Technically, because the reviews don't even count for SA, as we all know they're tripe now and at the time were okay, Mania is the highest reviewed Sonic game of all time. Sega will find a way to fuck with the sequel, they'll do there classic and take something the wrong way.

"OH.. THEY LIKE OLD LEVELS? REMIX ALL THE GAMES!!!"

Heres hoping the sequel, if we even get it, is just all brand new levels. something tells me it won't be though, I can't wait to see exactly how Sega fuck it up
>>
>>387665747
He was also the guy that thought Mania wouldn't sell and almost cancelled it
>>
>>387662820
Still pisses me off they DMCA'd that Streets of Rage remake years back.

Why couldn't they give those devs the same chance they gave Taxman? We could've had a new official SoR game by now.
>>
>>387665889
Citation needed
>>
>>387665068
Just make that a DLC for competition mode.
>>
>>387665908
more chance of it happening now then ever, don't worry about it. Mania is about to save video games if the japs don't fuck with things, we'll get a sequel with sega putting more trust in the team and giving them a bigger budget and more time, making the greatest 2d sonic game of all time while on the side bringing back all there sega classics realizing that you can't fuck with them if you do it with heart and passion, because they're all incredible games
>>
>>387665889
He also gave Stealth a wedgie and called him a nerd, and he shot my dog.
>>
>>387666119
I guess. I wish they'd say something already about fan games of their other IPs. They already dragged the SoR remake dudes through the mud. I don't see them bringing it back now.
>>
>>387665908
>Still pisses me off they DMCA'd that Streets of Rage remake years back.
They fired the sharks behind that move. Bad publicity that a struggling company like Sega doesn't need. They can't afford to be a cruel abusive bitch like Nintendo can be and always has been.
>>
>>387662820
I don't think the Team has it in them to do another full scale project again.

Though they're running out of Sonic games to port. Maybe SEGA will let them completely redo Chaotix so it doesn't suck?
>>
>>387666216
They did? When? Source?
>>
Mania's biggest misake, the biggest missed opportunity in all of gaming, and I was so, so SO certain it was going to happen after the special stage and the fucking mean bean machine, I was literally waiting for it

Metal Sonic has... 3 phases? I was almost 100% sure that the 3rd stage, everything would just go mental, and the game would turn into Sonic R using the special stage model, and you had to race him, but in Sonic R as the final boss phase, with a remix of the music. FUCK, do it in the sequel whitehead/stealth, you have too, It was such a perfect set up
>>
>>387666219
What makes you say the team doesn't have it in them to do it again?
>>
Is Sega only okay with Sonic fan works? I saw them take down Shining Force videos in the past, not to mention what they did to SoR Remake.
>>
>>387664772
I think this says a lot more about the 3d games they actually put effort into.
>>
>>387666127
You made my night, anon.
>>
Here's the thing, if the Japanese are so prideful, why don't they try to, I don't know, outdo their American counterparts? Instead of sabotage, do a better job. You would think pride would spur you on to be better, not cheat or employ underhanded tactics.

Sabotage is just proving you don't have true pride. You can't fight on a level playing field.
>>
>>387666423
Sega pays attention to Sonic more than any other franchise their own for god knows what reason.
>>
>>387666636
Well, with Mania they didn't take down anything. They let them make it as an official title.
>>
>>387665887
Yes, that is exactly what they will do. "Mania did well because of Remixes!" Expect Mania 2 to be 12 old levels, one of those being Green Hill.
>>
>>387666283
I think it's just speculation. They certainly haven't done anything like that since, they've even mocked Nintendo for taking down fangames recently. But you never know.
>>
I really hope they keep the team and allow them to create a sequel with all original stages. They really are talented and understand what makes 2d sonic so good.

I think if the fanfiction OC fuckfest that is sonic forces doesn't bomb sega won't get spiteful, but I'm not getting my hopes up.
>>
>Sonic Mania 2
>Taxman ports of the original trilogy for PC and current gen
>Taxman remakes the entire SoR series
>Taxman remakes Sonic R
>Taxman brings together the original team and makes Phantasy Star V
>Taxman fixes everything wrong with PSO2 and Yakuza 6
>Taxman becomes the CEO of Sega
>Taxman-era Sega re-enters the console business and creates the Dreamcast 2
>>
>>387666736
I found the whole mocking Nintendo thing hypocritical because of what happened to SoR. I wonder if they forgot or think we forgot?
>>
My only problem with Mania is that it doesn't fix some of the weird unintuitive shit from the classic games like holding up on the flamethrowers to bounce up, or having things that look like springs not actually bounce you.

I've had so many people ask me how the fuck to get through Flying Battery because of weird shit like that.
>>
>>387666895
What's wrong with Yakuza 6? Also, Taxman doesn't seem like the right person for that series anyway, he's never even played it IIRC. He only plays retro games
>>
>>387666914
>holding up on the flamethrowers to bounce up
What? You just stand on them until they spring.
>>
File: Hiroshi-Yamauchi-in-2002--010.jpg (35KB, 353x273px) Image search: [Google]
Hiroshi-Yamauchi-in-2002--010.jpg
35KB, 353x273px
>>387666698

I hope it stays this way. Competition would be beneficial. Yamauchi used to do the same thing at Nintendo. He set up competing divisions within the company in order to get employees to work harder and make higher quality products.
>>
>>387666914

>Holding up on the flamethrowers

Nigga the fuck you talking about?
>>
Sega are cool at the moment, Mania is a massive, huge successes

something tells me though, that if Forces fails, they will go FULL spiteful mode, hey, remember that 'classic' gameplay that game out of forces a few months ago? now, assuming you've played Mania, have a little watch of this 'classic' gameplay again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ToI7emaQgg

Really, really try to listen to that music after Tee Lopes god tier eargasm tunes.
>>
>>387666914
>holding up on the flamethrowers to bounce up
That's... never been a thing.
>>
File: 217.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
217.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>>387666914
>I've had so many people ask me how the fuck to get through Flying Battery because of weird shit like that.
I don't even... does nobody know how to play Sonic games anymore?
>>
>>387667161
It's alright but what the fuck are those instruments did they have to play it on a dying bee?
>>
>>387666914
Is this bait or? I can't even tell anymore
>>
>>387664975
Classic Japanese business world move.
>>
Can Christian Whitehead (Taxman) please make a Mega Man game?

AFAIK he's a fan of the series
>>
>>387666895
>Dreamcast 2 is a smashing success
>Taxman becomes the heart and mind of Sega, orchestrating success after success
>decides to test his capabilities by entering politics
>years later Taxman runs for Prime Minister of Australia
>wins the election and propels Australia into a golden age of prosperity
>quickly outclasses Israel, USA, Saudi Arabia, and China as supreme world superpower
>gets cybernetic enhancements to become the strongest and smartest man on Earth
>through countless experiments, eventually makes Sonic real
>keeps inventing, keeps creating, but through
>dirty politics his worldview starts to change and become cynical, but he still holds the world together
>Sonic eventually stops enjoying Taxman's company and goes to see the world
>Prime Minister Taxman is going bald from stress and gaining lots of weight from binge eating
>after his term is over, Australia crashes, the world economy dips, and Taxman becomes more angry than ever
>he becomes a businessman and industrialist, making factories all over the world and selling machines to the public
>his intent is to rule humanity again, through any means necessary
>eventually becomes Sonic's enemy
>>
>>387667161
This looks like a fucking mario maker level. Where are all of the fucking slopes?
>>
>>387667161
It's not as good as Tee Lopes's stuff but it's not awful. What bugs me is that the level design was practically a straight goddamn line
>>
>>387664975
You left your tripcode on bro
>>
>>387667002
Worse combat, bad performance even for a console game, Kiryu is the only playable character again, terrible conclusion to Kiryu's story, much less content than the other HD Yakuza titles.
>>387667161
Why is the music so bad? What the fuck happened to Ohtani?
>>
>>387667161
... Cancel this game, or remove classic sonic. Holy fucking shit. This looks so stupid compared to Mania now. The irony is that this now looks like a HD fan game, of the original classics, made by a small bunch of low tier game designers, fucking hell you can't make this shit up
>>
>>387666358
They said they had to pad the game with retraux zones so it wouldn't be as long as Sonic 4 (Aka really fucking short). Alot of the new Zones (Titanic Monarch is really bad at this) rely alot on Badniks and gimmicks from older games too.
>>
>>387666897
honestly, it was a surprisingly atypical move
you can download the Sonic sources right now and Sega doesn't give a shit, and hasn't given a shit for over a decade
and Sega didn't do shit about the extremely public Sonic 2 HD project

SORR getting hit came from total left field.
>>
So what does the Japanese Sonic fanbase think of Mania?
>>
Blue Spheres should have been accessed from a hidden big blue sphere you just into, or something, goal posts should have given you minigames to get rings, lives, shields, and continues, like in Sonic 3.
>>
>>387666914
I get what you mean
I wish they'd ditch the one-button-only thing, I really don't get the point of it. Being able to use elemental shield abilities with Tails and Knuckles would be nice, likewise having both the Drop Dash and the shield abilities as Sonic. Also not going Super if you don't want to.
Also I was really disappointed when Super Knuckles was still just Knuckles except flashing pink a little. Especially since Mania Knuckles is already sorta pink. Give him a proper super form.
>>
>>387667161
Kill Sega team
>>
>>387667756
It got sold in Japan?
>>
Mania sequel will have remixed zones

of 3d games. Heroes, Adventure, Colours

got a feeling aswell they'll go all out with other Sega characters, expect Dreams to appear and the such
>>
So... after the true ending of Mania.

Mania Sonic/Tails/Knuckles isn't the ORIGINAL ones we know? They're a different dimension brought into the main one? and the one in Forces isn't the one from Generations, that was the actual past version of modern, and this classic is just a different timeline classic sonic

in the end, fuck it, just make sure Mania sonic gets home safely in Forces to make a sequel, fuck sake Sega.
>>
>>387667756
I want to know what they thought of the Mean Bean Machine part, since that game was just normal Puyo in Japan.
>>
>>387667883
According to Wikipedia it did
Although looking at the sales for Sonic Generations in Japan, it seems like the franchise doesn't even exist over there anymore

http://www.vgchartz.com/game/50911/sonic-generations/
Like fuck, Japan only accounted for 1% of the worldwide sales for the game
>>
>>387664002

This is pretty common when some gaijins take a glorious japan idea and then mess around with it, but this time it was official since you know damn well that, while japan has great ideas and games they usually leave some shit kind of "out there" like the SA1 animations, camera control and other bullshit, mania is fucking great, and I think it deserves a damn 9 out of 10. I honestly have no problems with that game other than some special stages are plain bulshit and more about trial and error but it has always been like this to add replayability, love the level design, the difficulty is just right (Some bosses are easy as sin, though) and the level of bulshit in the actual levels is greatly reduced thank god, even if most reviewers state otherwise.
>>
>sega kill off Mania Sonic in Forces to be full edgy and make sure a Mania sequel never happens again, and they don't get shamed by the ganjins

expect it. search your hearts. this is the monkey paw curse. We get Mania, but only once, only to see him die in Forces.
>>
>>387668121
Sonic has always been a more western franchise. Wasn't Sonic 2 made in the US while Japan was making CD?
>>
>>387666914
The only unintuitive part of Flying Battery is that rotating on the propeller poles is not positional or timing based, instead you simply hold the desired direction. And it takes quite a fucking while until the propellers are used in any remotely perilous positions, so you have plenty of time to learn. I gotta assume if you aren't holding a direction at all then they just send you forward, too.

I can't think of anything in Flying Battery that looks like a spring but doesn't bounce you. Even the electrical nodes they threw in from different zones in Mania, you can get by them very easily without even knowing you can destroy the nodes, let alone the operator.
>>
>>387668251
Japan is capable of making great games but goddamn do they have shit taste when it comes to what they like to play
>>
>>387667409
Australian Prime Ministers don't have term limits.
>>
File: maniaintro1.png (490KB, 953x530px) Image search: [Google]
maniaintro1.png
490KB, 953x530px
>>387667856
Pulsing pink-white is the perfect Super Form for Knuckles, giving him spiky quills would be stupid since he uses them to glide, but I agree that he was too pink in the game already. Here are the colors used in the intro and promotional art.
>>
>>387668219
I TROLD YROU THRERE WROULD BRE CRONSEQUENCIES FROR GROING TROO FRAR, MRANIA TREAMMU
>>
File: maniaintro2.png (492KB, 953x530px) Image search: [Google]
maniaintro2.png
492KB, 953x530px
>>387668635
And here's a bad edit to match the colors of the sprites.
>>
>>387668351
Not yet.
>>
MRANIRA TREAMMMM

MRANIRA TREAM!!! WHRAT ARE THRESE REVIEWS MRANIA TRAEM???

9/10S ACROSS REE BROAD!?!!?!? MRANIA TREAM THIS IS TROO GARRR

WHAT DID I SAY

WHAT DID--

MRANIA TREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>387668676
>>387668803
This stopped being funny like five weeks ago
You're going too far
>>
>>387668259
Not true. You can time it if you have good reflexes, I just played it yesterday.
>>
>try to be nice and give people a new Classic Sonic game
>they make fun of you

Being Iizuka is suffering.
>>
>>387668852
nice try lizuka

DRONT

>>387669017
GRO
>>
>>387668890
That isn't my point. What I'm saying is people get tripped up thinking they need to time their button press to the direction Sonic is spinning on those. You don't. If you hold left, Sonic will get flung left. If you hold right, Sonic will get flung right. There is no need to do anything other than press where you want to go. Maybe it requires timing if you aren't holding a direction, but there's no need to go to the trouble. It's actually very simple.
>>
>>387669229
No, not "maybe," that's how it works. If you're not holding a direction, time your button press. It isn't a question.
>>
>>387669309
That isn't my point you mongoloid. People waste time trying to do something more difficult when you can just make Sonic go whichever direction you want. That's what I was talking about. I used a maybe because I don't know how it works when you're not holding a direction because you don't NEED to. Congratulations on being very knowledgeable about how to go slow as shit.
>>
So do they call the sequel something else? Sonic Fever? or just go straight up Mania 2? Mania Act 2?
>>
>>387666219
I don't see why they can't just make a full fledged classic sonic game but with new zones. If anyone can pull off a real Sonic 4 its Mania Team
>>
I want Taxman to make a 3D Sonic. They took old games that were good and made a good sequel/play on them.

I want them to take a challenging, conflicted concept and straighten it out.

And then if they do that, I want them to make something entirely original, they shouldn't be working on Sonic remakes forever, they should work on a new mascot series for Sega to rival Sonic.
>>
>>387669504
I know that isn't your point, which is why I didn't respond to your point. I know you didn't know that it works, which is why I told you that it does. No need to be a salty little pussy about it.
>>
sonicfags are the worst. Why are all your threads like this?
>>
>>387664148
Ain't this the fucking truth. Reminder the CEO of Sega is literally a relic.
>>
>>387662820
Wait, this game wasn't made by the Sega?
>>
>>387667409
But wait Is his name Robotnik or Eggman
>>
>>387667161
Holy shit, how could they fuck up the music like that? And the level design is literally a straight line.

I hope sonic team are shook by mania and step their game up but they won't
>>
>>387669926
He had to drop "Taxman" after going into politics. For obvious reasons.
>>
I'd love to see a Mania 2 with like 60/70% new stages, 30/40% old stages. Make the old stages have even more new gimmicks, maybe even mix 2 old stages into 1.
I just hope those SEGA fucks don't discard Taxman and his team, I'm sure they can make an even better sequel for Mania.
>>
>>387670049
>maybe even mix 2 old stages into 1
That's what I kinda expected to see. Was hoping for chunks of the Death Egg to be in Ice Cap, and shit like that.
>>
>>387664002
wasn't this the reason sega japan were being assholes to sega USA in the 90's cuz they were kicking more ass in american (sale wise) then in japan? then they got mad jelly and shut down some ideas that Sega USA were asking?
>>
>>387664002
Thats sega´s entire history.
>>
Take 2 or 3 things and mix them together. Then you've got an original Classic Sonic zone.

Examples:
Nuclear reactor melting down + rave/DJ + Aquarium.
Spooky haunted castle + Roman pantheon.
Imperial Hangzhou + the Roswell incident + Orwell's 1984.
Mexican Restaurant + Dante's Inferno.
>>
>>387662820
>objectively worst on the switch
>somehow it is rated higher on switch

WTF is wrong with critics /v/?
>>
>>387670836
I thought PS4 and Bone are buggier.
>>
>>387670836
>surprised that nintendo fans like sonic better than sonyfans
>implying game reviews are objective

jej
>>
>>387665908
Oh man, dont get me fucking started.
I remember being hyped for years when I heard about its development.
The finished product was amazing...totally remastered graphics, animation and music, with tons of extras and high replay value. It literally was one of the greatest beat em ups Ive ever played.

SEGA...who knew damn well for years that this project was in progress, DMCA'd purposely on the day of release. Their reason? To re-route interest to their SoR port to android and IOS.
Seriously, I cant think of a more tasteless and backhanded move a company could make. Not to mention, the remake is miles better than the original trilogy.

I would pay top money to see SoR remake on steam or on some official release.

>>387666216
Sauce on that?
>>
File: 1502443791667.jpg (91KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1502443791667.jpg
91KB, 350x350px
Can someone explain to me why Sonic Team is incapable of doing good 2D Sonic? Why include it in Forces if with little changes if it was easily the worst part of Generations?
>>
>>387670836
Switch version was ported by different people, it has a few more bugs but nothing as bad as people are saying. I own both versions, ps4 and switch, no clue about xbone, only bug I've encountered was a slight audio glitch on switch for about a level, then it fixed. people are overblowing how buggy it is for some reason, apart from that, perfectly fine on both consoles. maybe I'm just lucky though
>>
>>387671192
Switch version actually has framerate drops. Completely unacceptable for such a game in 2017.
>>
>>387666216
Protecting your IP is not being abusive you little cunt
And nintendo let AM2R release before shutting it down when they could have stopped way early
>>
>>387670702

I partially agree. Sega Japan is responsible for a lot of the good hardware, but they were seriously cucked by the western market in the 16-bit era. Lots of suggestions from the US division went into the Genesis, such as the goddamn name in the US.

After they seriously established themselves in the USA, the OLD GUARD took back over and threw a middle finger toward the west. It's like they didn't know what the fuck to do when the Saturn rolled around.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRs1BqezP-I

This game is x10 funnier after playing Mania. Same goes with the 'classic' gameplay greenhill video of Forces.

Even with this, I guarantee you SEGA don't make a Mania 2. I can already feel it. Watch Forces somehow succeed and they continue the series in that path.

truly, the worst timeline
>>
File: Tom-Kalinske.jpg (550KB, 642x800px) Image search: [Google]
Tom-Kalinske.jpg
550KB, 642x800px
History is merely repeating itself.
>>
>>387671269
In only the first special stage, and it doesn't even drop below 50. I heard the other consoles had the same problem too, though. I could be wrong on that.
>>
>>387671135
Source? Google isn't doing anything for me
>>
OIL OCEAN?

OIL FUCKING OCEAN? LIZUKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>387671135

They're chinks
>>
Did they pull a FFX with the final boss?
Fucking why
>>
>>387664976
God I want a full tysson hesse sprite animated 2D sonic game.
>>
>>387671508

You're wrong on that. Been playing on the XBONE and not a hiccup. I could see the Switch having some difficulty, just based on its hardware alone, but this is easy pickin's for the other consoles.
>>
>>387671356
Sonic 4 is painful to look at
>>
>that rushed ending animation

God fucking damn it, you know the team was rushed to link this to forces. Compare the opening animation to that TEN SECOND, TEN FUCKING SECOND ANIMATION ending. It goes from god tier, to toddler with a crayon very very quickly.
>>
>>387667161
is this a joke?
>>
>>387671534
Problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZimQfhGRdno
>>
>>387671685

GOD I KNOW

I remember playing that goddamn game on an ipod touch like a fucking rube. I cringe just thinking about how fundamentally wrong that game was.

I might still have that ipod around here somewhere.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL85tEePWyQ

hi /v/, uhh, small question

could somebody tell me what the fuck I'm looking at? whos idea was it to make all the characters peak with the giant explosion sounds and the music? is this some kind of artistic kino that I'm not woke enough to understand?
>>
So when will the sales numbers come in? If the game doesn't sell well then you can just forget it /v/.
>>
>>387671135
Source?
>>
>>387671906

Fucking goddamn, I hate everything in this video. This game is custom-engineered for faggots.
>>
>>387664884
>>387665235
Explain

what happen
>>
>>387672267
putting it very simply cus I cba to go into it, there is a video online of the mania team being interviewed, and they bring up how lucky they are to be working so closely with sega, and lizuka-san is working with them, and they famously say "he is keeping us in control, and making sure we don't go too far, and don't do something that isn't sonic" but then you cut to forces, and see that he has no idea and is holding back mania team from going full blown amazing ascended god tier game

DRONT GRO TROO FAR MRANIA TREAM, I DRONT WRANT ROO MRAKING MRI GRAME ROOK BRADD
>>
>>387662820
I'd buy it if there was a retail copy.

Sonic social media has been embracing the meme lately so I want to hope that they don't go back to fucking up, but who knows? Long-legged sonic and co pulls in the furfags so they might keep riding on that autism train.
>>
>>387671906
jesus christ this looks bad
just stop making 2d levels japan you're bad at it
i'm actually starting to miss shit like '06
>>
>>387672431

Bad Sonic will exist as long as it will sell.
>>
>>387665747
TOO FRAR MRANIA TREAM!!!!
>>
>>387671906
jesus

They should've just gone full boost gameplay. Despite what /v/ says, boost is fun for me.
>>
>>387671906
That gameplay looks like the most bland and uninspired shit, least they could do is make it 100% 3d for the custom character but goddamn this is sad. Seems the only appeal of this game is the deviantart oc creator and seeing how the story in the game ends I guess
>>
>>387671906
>>387672932
I think it's because it's so slow. You can make something quick looking with perspective, but there's just a lot lot of... wait->press either Cross or Triangle->wait to land->start moving
lots of down time
>>
>>387667161
They still have time to improve the music. Remember Mirage Saloon's old music and how it got redone in the final game?
>>
The person who did the story of Sonic 06 is working on the story for Forces

are japs that afraid of outsourcing anybody else to do something with there products that they would literally hire the person who single handedly was in charge of creating the story of the EXACT game that killed and destroyed sonic and turned him into a meme? I realise that they've done the ultimate outsourcing and allowed mania team to make Mania, but why the FUCK, out of ALL the writers in the world to bring back, the writer from Sonic 06?? what the actual fuck
>>
>>387672932
Mania team truly went too far and now every 3d Sonic will look even worse
>>
>>387671862
Fuck, I really loved that remix but everytime I hear it I immediately reminds me of Mark and all those gameovers.
>>
>>387662820
It will be balanced out by Sonic Forces flopping.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4
>>
>>387673183
Best song from genesis Sonic games right here though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdrHtJk4o1E
>>
>>387673423
Sonic music should never have lyrics.
>>
>>387673603
unless it's from SA2
>>
>>387671906
Wait is that sonic boom amy what the fuck
>>
>>387673617
No. It was terrible then and it's terrible now. Take off your nostalgia goggles.
>>
>>387671906
LOOK AT ME IM SEGA JAPAN AND WE LEARNED
NOTHING
AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387673715
Escape from the City is unironically a great song.
Live and learn is kind of cheesey but it's still really good.
I don't remember most of the rest of the songs, but I know they had some rap songs in the knuckles levels that were kind of weird.
>>
>>387673081
You are telling me that there are people that worked on 06 that WERENT fired?
>>
>>387671280
Yeah take it you dirty little slut, take it all.
>>
>>387673603
I agree, except Sonic R, because it's not a platformer. you need lyrics while driving nowadays
>>
the problem with forces failing now, is that mania sonic is fucking in that game, so we have to hope nothing bad happens to him in the story and he gets home safely, and hopefully, a sequel
>>
>>387673868
Take what you stupid retard.
Also AM2R was shit
>>
>>387671671
Tyson Hesse didn't make that. It's more based on CD Sonic than the Mania sprite, though.
>>
>>387662820
I think this sums it up perfectly.
>>
Man the final boss of mania is pure shit.
Was that also a reference to all the final bosses of the genesis era being shit?
>>
>>387673998
>greentexting outside of facebook
JUST KILL YOUR FUCKING SELF
>>
>>387674042
">" has been used in that context for fucking decades, man.
>>
>>387672413
I imagine because they're handeling classic sonic which is more beloved so it's no surprise he'd be wary
>>
>>387673784

If you seriously like any Sonic song with lyrics in it, there is a 100% chance that you are a gigantic faggot. Lyrics are commonly the death of good video game music.
>>
>>387674042
Nice bait
>>
File: 1502309532408.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1502309532408.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
>>387674042
>>
>>387668251

The same could be said for anything really.

They have shit taste in anime,
shit taste in main characters
shit taste in romance options
shit taste in girls and so on
>>
>>387674159
Lyrics are frequently bad but not always.
Persona 5 has some of the best music I've heard in a game and most of the main songs have full lyrics
>>
>>387667756
What Japanese Sonic fanbase?
>>
>ITT: Kids don't yet know that Japan exists to needlessly complicate everything
>>
>>387674042
I think a programming language I used back in the early 90's had ">" for comments.
>>
I wasn't big into Sonic

But damn this song is catchy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-2Ys7ZQbeU
>>
japan has too much "honor" or whatever

they'd rather make shitty games that everyone hates than let a westerner make a great game that everyone loves
>>
>>387674335

Stop. STAHP. People that seriously think these modern Persona games have good music should be immolated. Only weebs like this kind of music.
>>
File: psssshhhhh.jpg (52KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
psssshhhhh.jpg
52KB, 1200x1200px
Why do they talk so much in Sonic games? It's further exacerbated by the music. It's like an endless cacophony.
>>
>>387674615
Its almost as if taste was subjective or something
>>
>>387674578
True but some of the problem was SoA's ego too.

I think you people are painting lizuka as a jealous prick when he hasn't even done anything yet.
>>
>>387674113
>>387674192
>>387674259

>kids not knowing how old 4chan is and where greentexting came from OR how abhorent using it outside 4chan is

I want summer to stay forever S2
>>
>>387674615
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8uoyj9Y7U8
How do you like this?
>>
File: catdisgust.gif (2MB, 275x154px) Image search: [Google]
catdisgust.gif
2MB, 275x154px
>>387674615
>not liking the oncoming disco revival
>>
>>387674689

Glenda from HR and Tyrone in Accounting don't give a fuck about weeb music.
>>
>>387674734
Reddit also has used it for quotes since before you were born.
>>
>>387667883
It's kind of like Zelda. Where most of the sales are in the west. You can look up Hyrule Warriors numbers and see where the fans accusatory are.
>>
File: shit.jpg (44KB, 248x472px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
44KB, 248x472px
>>387674815
If you're letting a black guy do your accounting, you have more problems than shitty taste.
>>
>>387674909

Oddly enough, white Tyrones exist.
>>
>>387662820
Probably give Gearbox another warchest to make the new AVP game.

Good news, lads! BL3 coming sooner than we thought!
>>
>>387665747
He's also made the decision to delay the game so the team could get everything they wanted to do in the game instead of cutting content to release on time.
>>
>>387671135
Classic Sonic has a good reputation, so they want him in the game. I think their in-house engine is incapable of doing proper classic gameplay right.
>>
>>387674615
you are autistic as fuck my guy
>>
>>387671516
>>387672028
There are only so many freedom planet pics. Stop being lazy fucks.
>>
>>387671906
any game that has fucking lyrics in their level music needs to be deleted from earth
>>
>>387673629
I think they've just stopped using Amy's "cute" voice.
>>
>>387672760
They probably would if they could but it isn't feasible. Think about how large those stages are, and how fast the player can go through them. They need slower 2D sections/stupid shit to drag out the game and make the player feel like they are getting a 60 dollar game.
>>
>>387671906
The more I see of this game the worse it looks. I unironically hope it bombs so Sonic Team can wake up for once and analyze what went wrong.
>>
>>387677029
>>387677029
>lights, camera, action
>>
>>387678805
That doesn't count and you know it
>>
>>387668104
You're thinking Archie comics levels of too deep, Anon.
>>
>>387671192
People are over blowing it because journalists are struggling to deduct points. I read one that said Mania plays too much like the old games as a con.

As a fucking con.
>>
>>387671718
>Toddler with a crayon
So Knuckles thought it up?
>>
>>387676181
Not on e621
>>
>>387662820
>This is a high score
Kekking hard my friend
>>
GO
>>
>>387667161
that's exactly why i'm afraid of Sonic Forces

i prefer classic sonic of course but i want to embrace the newest games

I saw every footages of sonic forces, but the level design is bland, it's lame, not fun
The fact is, it's normally the main problem of 3D sonic levels, but they made it onto 2D sonic as well
>>
>>387662820
Japan has always been shit compared to USA when it comes to Sonic. This has been true since 1992 when Japan Sonic Team made CD and San Fran Sonic Team made 2, and 2 ended up being the more acclaimed and recognized Sonic game. Didn't stop them from fucking up.

Sonic Team should just outsource Sonic games and stick to making Puyo.
>>
>>387681634
Everyone jacks it to Sonic CD, Taxman included though. The only reason it's not more well known is because not everyone was willing to get an attachment for it.

It also introduced Amy just like 2 introduced Tails, even if it took longer for the former to become part of the main cast.
>>
>>387681818
Sonic 2 did introduce Tails.

On the Game Gear, not the Genesis.
>>
>>387682156
Didn't the Master System do it first?
>>
I'm pretty sure Christian Whitehead, Tee Lopes and everyone else would be happy to continue working on Sonic games for the rest of their lives.

If you ask me, they should replace DIMPS.
>>
>>387664203

Sega followed up Generations with Lost World and Boom.
>>
>>387664002
Not gonna happen. Iizuka was with the team, and afaik, he specifically said that Mania and Forces have very little crossover, one being a game for core fans, the other one going for mass appeal. It's not like there's any competition internally
>>
>>387682546
What does Dimps even do now? I'm surprised there wasn't a Forces version made for 3DS like Generations.
>>
>>387664148
name 10 times they did so
>>
>>387666216
it was before Haruki Satomi, and wasn't initiated by SEGA Japan
>>
>>387682737
work on various games, like Street Fighter
>>
>>387664148
I want to laugh, but after remembering what they did to Yuji Naka during the Saturn era, you are probably correct, sadly.
>>
>>387680818
3D has fun ideas but seem to always fuck it up somehow. Sega just wanted Sonic to be Mario in more ways then one. Mario to Nintendo is a jack of all trades. Golfer, go kart rider, sport player, etc. He is just whatever Nintendo wanted him to be. Sonic team however just couldn't do that. The best 3D might be Racer funny enough.
>>
>>387664976
think i'll keep this design in mind for when mania mods for pc are a thing. right now sonic looks pretty much the worst of the 3 characters.
>>
File: 919034.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
919034.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>387682969
The Dreamcast/6th Gen games aren't perfect but they were alright. The problem is that 2006 had a fucking atrocious romance story, realistic Eggman and gltiches out the ass but for some reason SEGA decided it was the formula's fault and just trashed it like a Autistic child having an anxiety attack. The whole Penders debacle also means we can't even visit the old games stories besides cameos because of that stupid shit and SEGA somehow losing the rights to their own lore by letting Bioware intwine it with the comics. The t o add insult to injury they not only take the wrong idea from the hedgehog engine (That people actually only loved the forced 2D sections instead of literally everything else) they decide to appeal to the west by hiring two completely fucking incompetent western writers to write cringey dialogue that would cause Segata Sanshiro to kill himself in shame if he were still alive. And then there's Boom and firing all the voice actors for hoobadooba Sonic.

God this company is fucking incompetent.
>>
>>387667161
And on top of it all it looks like the same fucked physics as Generations
>>
>>387671280
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2013/11/trademark-law-does-not-require-companies-tirelessly-censor-internet
you don't need to go full autismo over everything or "you'll lose your IP", it's a common misunderstanding pushed forth by attorneys to get more jobs
>>
>>387682939
Yuji Naka acted like a child back then anyways
>>
File: Iizukasan.jpg (121KB, 768x960px) Image search: [Google]
Iizukasan.jpg
121KB, 768x960px
>>387665747
>stopped Mania Team from 'going too far'
>lobbied for fewer original levels
>mandated Forces tie-in at the end
did u rike it?
>>
>>387682939
Xtreme was going to have a character called Tiara Boobowski. It was doomed from the start.
>>
>>387684207
>>stopped Mania Team from 'going too far'
Which means what exactly? Enforcing policy?
>>lobbied for fewer original levels
Source.
>>
>>387684276
Different game.
>>
>>387684064
>>387684276

Correct, but Yuji Naka only went crazy because of SOJ and their lies, which, in turn, fucked up Nights and straight up cancelled Xtreme. Plus, in the midst of that whole debacle, SOJ betrayed him and made a random mandatory rule that you had to have a college degree to work there, which seeing as Naka came to Sega fresh out of high school, meant they had a reason to cut his ass.

SOA is dumb, but at least they seem to learn from shit and are trying to leave drama behind, all while SOJ is still up their own ass and loving the smell.
>>
>>387669594
>I want Taxman to make a 3D Sonic

After how fun the special stages were in Mania, I really want this too.

Can Whitehead and Stealth just make all the Sonic games? Iizuka can do their laundry or something.
>>
File: 1499550960558.png (488KB, 545x569px) Image search: [Google]
1499550960558.png
488KB, 545x569px
>>387665747
Wasn't Iizuka "unsure" of how Mania would be received? If so, why would he give his whole support to something he wasn't even sure about in the first place? That wouldn't really make much sense.
>>
>>387684319
>Source.
The panels.
>>
>>387684690
They didn't say anything like that.
>>
>>387681818
>introducing a cringe one way love interest for sonic was a good thing

Shit character that ruins the games. And no it is not cute.
>>
>>387684615
SoJ really couldn't deal with SoA out preforming them. SoJ grudge with SoA is one of if not the greatest failure of all of gaming. A company that was going to overtake Nintendo and instead fucked themselves because they were doing great in a different part of the world.
>>
>>387674159
you're probably wrong here then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIQG2OEiUQQ
>>
>>387662820
I want a sequel with completely original stages rather than remixed ones. I think Mania is a good pitch for taxman and stealth making a good original sonic game. Now they've proven themselves so they need to push further.
>>
>>387674734
>>387674113
Did you guys ever write emails? or reply to emails?
">" quotes the original text
It's not a 4chan thing.
coloring the text green is, but > is generally known for quoting
>>
>>387685678
Thanks for agreeing with me, but the tone implies you misread my post.
>>
>>387662820
Interesting

Colors was better, but I guess colors is the only good sonic game, everything else is ok or worse, mania falls in the ok department considering it reeks of novice level design mistakes
>>
>>387685824
>reeks of novice level design mistakes
Alright, name 5.
>>
>>387662820
WHAT THE FUCK IS A SONIC?
>>
>>387685491
Holy shit, yes, fianlly someone fucking gets it. I agree entirely. If they stopped with all the in house fighting they would be fine, and if they never got at each other's necks in the 90s, they would still be in the console business and, maybe, even been the one to dethrone Nintendo. Real shame how it all went down.
>>
>>387684319
Mostly to make sure Knuckles never wears his OVA hat or flies.
>>
>>387685863
Flying battery zone is one of the worst offenders

The game encourages exploration but doesn't know how to label death areas

Enemies and hazards blend into the background in most if not all zones

Momentum is not a good core mechanic for labyrinthian level design (while still welcome, it is contradictory and alienates novice players)

Several randomly placed explosives in fbz that seem to make no sense, for example being placed in areas designed to "zoom" right past when the game "plays itself"

And while they seem to make a better effort to make that "play itself" segments more interactive the game still just feels like it's in autopilot too often
>>
File: 1495840029458.gif (2MB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1495840029458.gif
2MB, 500x440px
>>387686260
Oh I should mention that lives are an archaic form of failure state but I guess it can pass for the sake of nostalgia
>>
>>387662820
Sonic Team will try to kill any possibility for Sonic Mania 2 because gaijins cannot be allowed to best them.
>>
>>387686260
Are you Laura the feminist female player from sonic retro? You have the same complaints, just think about it roastie nintentoddler
>The game encourages exploration but doesn't know how to label death areas
they are fucking obvious, I guess a modern gamer can't grasp it without the warning signs of generation
>Enemies and hazards blend into the background in most if not all zones
they don't. The new sprites pop out quite well
>Momentum is not a good core mechanic for labyrinthian level design (while still welcome, it is contradictory and alienates novice players)
It perfectly compliments exploration thanks to the slope mechanics
Novice players are supposed to learn
>Several randomly placed explosives in fbz that seem to make no sense, for example being placed in areas designed to "zoom" right past when the game "plays itself"
get male reflexes, cunt. They are all easy
>And while they seem to make a better effort to make that "play itself" segments more interactive the game still just feels like it's in autopilot too often
If you play the autopilot segments without doing nothinng you're not using the momentum to cut the stage
>>387686426
>lives outdated
they are the only true punishment for platformers
>>
>>387662820
Remember what they did the last time westerners outperformed them.
They will bankrupt the company in 2 years just to show those gaijins what's up.
>>
>>387686757
>>387686617
>Counter-Intuitive Ceiling/Wall-Running
>In Sonic games you can run on walls or ceilings, which is an incredibly cool mechanic, but unfortunately the game's physics are very confusing and counter-intuitive. A classic example of this is when you run left up a ceiling and then turn and run right along the ceiling. The intuitive action is to start holding right once Sonic has made the turn. However this will stop Sonic in his tracks and he'll fall off all confused.

>female feminist
>can't wrap her head around relative controls
you can't make this shit up
>>
>>387686617
Half of those rebuttal we're ad hominem, 2 cases of straight denial of real criticisms, and then one valid opinion about the autopilot section (to which I still disagree)

Now who exactly is arguing like a child gamer? Because going of your responses it seems my input has fallen on delusional fanatic ears
>>
>>387671906
I couldn't give less of a shit about 2D Sonic, but I was hoping Generations 2 was going to be great too, but this looks kinda subpar.
>>
>>387687070
>real criticisms
you never did any of that vagina, now fuck off to neofag. You input is nonexistant, you make claims without proof and poor game knowledge annd expect people to take them seriously. You never argued, so you are getting the only good response for trolls
>>
File: 1310491334001.jpg (31KB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
1310491334001.jpg
31KB, 313x343px
>>387675075
This. /v/ memes Iizuka as some kind of petty idiot but we really shouldn't forget that this whole thing might as well not had happened if SEGA had decided to be more "Muh Nipponese honor" and just pulled a Nintendo and C&D'd Taxman way back when he did Sonic CD instead of actually being cool about it and letting him go ahead with it.
>>
>>387671356
Man. Put this next to mania and ask "Which one is the fan game and not an official release"
>>
>>387687249
Denial is no way to live, clearly you know I'm right and that's why your so angry, now why dont you instead of committing ad hominem, prove me wrong

The answer is, is that your arguing opinions not for me, but for yourself, and you are so non-self aware that you don't realize just how naive and childish you are.

I mean, I could say the sky is blue and you would say it's green like some religious brainwashed fanatic
>>
>>387677029
>It's your main man Knuckles
>>
File: Quartz Dodecahedron.jpg (532KB, 1636x1636px) Image search: [Google]
Quartz Dodecahedron.jpg
532KB, 1636x1636px
Reminder that Chaos Emeralds were originally dodecahedrons, according to the 3D blue spheres sprites in Sonic 3 & Knuckles. We always saw them from the side.
>>
>>387687709
>prove me wrong
but you never proved yourself correctly. You say that death areas are not labeled when they are. FBZ has death areas outdoors, in a level that's a fucking flying airship. Titanic monarch has haze on the bottom and so on, and usually it's easy as fuck to feel if something is a death pit, like inn every other platformer
Momentum being bad for labyrintian design is just wrong, since without that design the levels would be "hold right to win". The momentum provides occasions to explore new routes into the level design. It was pioneered by the original Sonic team and is at the core of the sonic formula, so I'll take my consideration and the expertise of proved game designers over the "thought" of a fucking nobody on a chinese imageboard whose only argument is "it's bad for novices" without any citation or experiment to prove her point, while the success of classic sonic proves you wrong
Other common mistake is to identify that some areas are to "zoom right through" but you expect it to be able to do that effortless, basically going for the false dichotomy that the fast section should be separated from the platforming ones, when sonic is supposed to be a fast platformers. Get some standard male reflexes or familiarize yourself with the stage, like in any other skill based game. I don't see people complaining that some attack in dmc have a couple of frames of animation, people react to them or shut up and familiarize themselves with the patterns

You just spouted some opinions as facts without proof, and then proceeded to pretend a discussion when you cannot even understand this simple difference
>>
They need to give the Valkyria franchise to westerners too so they can make a proper sequel.
>>
>>387688520
>387688520
That's better, now while your opinions u still disagree with since it's mostly denying that that game could have any flaws whatsoever , at least you voiced them in a (mostly) non-fallacious fashion

I mean after all, saying that I "never proved myself right" implies a very low level of thinking considering that "prove me wrong" was a figure of speech. It's opinion, not science.

And I guess the " proof" your looking for would literally be the examples I used that you quoted which is pretty ironic
>>
>>387689014
* I not u but I think you got that
>>
>>387662820
>How do you think Sonic Team/SEGA of Japan will react to this success?

They'll fuck it up.
>>
>>387689014
> mostly denying that that game could have any flaws whatsoever
oh the game has flaws. For example the crushing hitbox is too big, some bosses are poorly explained (OOZ act 1, for example has no indication for which platforms are lethal), and the game is missing polish in the narrative department. Also the levels are a bit too solid like S3&K while I prefer sonic 2 where changing path can be done in more occasions. Still is not as bad as S3&K.. Also again, here we enter the subject of personal opinions, since I like more S2 and CD for the possibilities of using the physics more, but most other people prefer the more tunnel like nature of S3. Still I disagree that the level design in mania is bad, it's pretty much the best compromise between 3&K and CD. The problem I have with your opinions is that they criticize what classic Sonic games are for me, and in that case just go to another series.
>>
>>387665829
Correct
Look what they did to U.S. auto industry
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/detroit-michigan-largest-us-city-file-bankruptcy-19711769
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
>>
>>387662820

>their audience wants

Their 'audience' in 2017 are mostly kids that love the 3D Sonic games for their character interactions and music. The biggest mistake you and the gaming press have made is thinking that the Sonic 1-3&K fans are the ones that sustain Sega these days.

Mania is just a way to get some bucks from the classic fans, it's not even full price. Of course a sequel will get greenlit. Their eyes are set on the young crowd who buys 3D Sonic games every year for $60, though, no matter the gimmick.

They couldn't care less about the metacritic score.
>>
>>387666636
They already did, idiot.
It was called the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>387689892
this pretty much... Just go under every jewtube video ever and see autistic 14 yo asking for news on FORCEES. Alas, I don't give a fuck as long as smaller love projects like mania will be greenlight for the classic fans
>>
>>387690012
REKT
E
K
T
>>
>nostalgia sells
who cares?
>>
>>387662820
Can someone please explain to me this TOO FAR meme?
>>
File: HellYeahSonicTeam.jpg (226KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
HellYeahSonicTeam.jpg
226KB, 600x338px
>>387690741
In an interview the devs confirmed that izuka was working with them to make sure they didn't go "too far", which is ironic considering that the gimmicks of 3D sonic are basically too far. Couple this with the fact that in the same interview izuka proposed to remix old levels and probably wanted the tie-in with forces and you have a meme
>>
>>387684678
I've always assumed it was more of nervousness in reception for a game from another dev that also "goes back to Sonic's roots" after the last outside dev produced one of the worst games in history and the last time a proper 2D game was released was the disappointing Sonic 4, which some "professionals" even were weary of Mania because of 4.

Obviously, I think he might've underestimated how much the fanbase were aware of and fans of Taxman. Seriously the cheer at the announcement party when they saw his logo was insane.
>>
>>387689509
Yeah 90% of my lives lost are crushes or random pits

I guess it balances out the games easy difficulty in a way at least
>>
File: 1502483648734.png (33KB, 250x336px) Image search: [Google]
1502483648734.png
33KB, 250x336px
>>387667161
>This is Mania's "sequel".
>>
>>387690918
>Seriously the cheer at the announcement party when they saw his logo was insane.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMEdZlosFpg
>YEAHHHhhhhh
>YESSS
>KNUCKLES? KNUCKLES?! KNUCKLES!!!
>>
>>387671906
>fucking hint boxes every second you do something new

jesus christ. I hope Forces flops
>>
>>387677029
fuck you pumpkin hill is one of the best songs of the adventure era
>>
>>387662820
They'll forget Mania ever happened and stick to making shit games. SEGA hates making money, Mania being good was a mistake that they won't want to replicate
>>
>>387690912
You posting this over and over again doesn't make it a meme.
>>
>>387692251
>meme police
hello plebbit
>>
File: 1466308214882.png (624KB, 1280x900px) Image search: [Google]
1466308214882.png
624KB, 1280x900px
>>387671906
>random side-character telling you shit nobody cares about every 5 seconds

STOP
NO ONE LIKED THAT WITH OMOCHAO
NO ONE WILL LIKE IT WITH THIS
>>
>>387692342
Irony.
>>
File: Classic Chaos Emeralds (real).png (391KB, 1140x420px) Image search: [Google]
Classic Chaos Emeralds (real).png
391KB, 1140x420px
What does Eggman do with the Chaos Emeralds in the bad endings?
>>
>>387692527
use them as anal beads on tails
>>
>>387662820
Mass sudoku once Sonic Forces gets BTFO.
>>
>>387664975

Christian is from straya though
>>
>>387668110

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zLO5JZ9mAk&t=18m04s

shock and awe
also going ham
>>
>>387662820
Won't tell until they get the sales numbers.

Being highly rated is a whole lot less useful to SEGA than pure dollars.
>>
This doesn't have cutscenes or anything does it? Might get it if its like the old classics without the cringey autist shit
>>
>>387694839

Well yeah there are some transition cutscenes and a couple story ones but its all dialogue free and pretty short.
>>
>>387694839
It has a few cutscenes, but they're like the ones in Sonic 3.
They're pretty short and there's no voice acting or anything.
>>
File: 1502744347733.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1502744347733.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387694839
There are some transitions between levels a-la 3&K but that's it. They never take more than 10 seconds at most.
>>
Gonna do my Knuckles & Knuckles run today.
Goofy as shit, I fucking love this game.
>>
>>387695048
>get here with super knuckles
>knuckles is glowing pink in the flashback
I don't think they thought that all the way through
>>
File: 01923r32q0g3.jpg (78KB, 534x401px) Image search: [Google]
01923r32q0g3.jpg
78KB, 534x401px
>>387664857
>Fuck the super emerardus, no more super emerardus!
>taxman the absolute madman puts them in technically
>Iizuka's fucking face
>>
File: hold the fuck up.jpg (21KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
hold the fuck up.jpg
21KB, 600x576px
>>387671906
Am I the only one who hears part of the Cheetahmen theme during the chase?
>>
>>387665889
>people on /v/ will parrot this
>>
File: force pose.png (283KB, 520x487px) Image search: [Google]
force pose.png
283KB, 520x487px
Poor Hesse.
Even he couldn't make this stupid pose look like anything at all.
>>
File: into the trash it goes.jpg (10KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.jpg
10KB, 235x215px
>>387695997
Hesse is an aborted Tumblr artist, also overrated as fuck by normalfags who only read Mega Drive. Grow up kids, Archie after the universe reset is the good shit.
>>
>>387696154
megadrive>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>literal shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>archieshit
sorry furry autist
>>
>>387695997
Hesse didn't do the ending shots.
>>
>>387671906
>wisps
>again

Iizuka will you fucking let these things die or what holy shit
>>
Wait did they really tie Forces into the ending? Is that where Sonic goes after the Time Stone flashes him away? Poor little guy.
>>
File: DHpWyT9XsAApY5i.jpg:large.jpg (149KB, 1118x629px) Image search: [Google]
DHpWyT9XsAApY5i.jpg:large.jpg
149KB, 1118x629px
more spinoffs and tie-ins
>>
>>387698372
Yes

It also seems pretty deliberate that every time the Ruby stone activates in Mania's cutscenes, it makes the exact same sound effect Infinite's cube projectiles made in one of the Forces trailers.
>>
>>387662820
Sonic is mostly worked on in America anyways
>>
>>387672932
Spoiler: Eggman gets betrayed by infinite
infinite becomes super hyper edgy infinite .

double super sonic , avatar fits in somewhere in the fight.

defeated, and something something chaos emeralds or infinite open up a rift back so classic sonic can get back to his own time.

The End.
>>
>>387662820
The best you can hope for is a monkey's paw; that they'd see the success and either assume any new 2d sonic would do, or that they would take the reigns for a mania 2 (and subsequently butcher the physics, movement and everything else they've failed to understand about the appeal of sonic.)
>>
>>387685491
How so? What good game has Sega of America ever made with minimal involvement of of SoJ? D-List cartoon characters? A reskin of Puyo? Sonic Spinball? Don't make me laugh.
>>
>>387697549
Eat shit
>>
>>387700291
?

https://twitter.com/tyson_hesse/status/898986797929160704
>>
>>387674159
>Lyrics are commonly the death of good video game music.
Nier Automata
>>
>>387665140
This was my first thought when I saw the special stages. They look like they could be their attempt at a prototype for exactly that. If they already have the basic framework set up, it's not too much of a stretch to deliver.
>>
>>387666636
>if the Japanese are so prideful, why don't they try to, I don't know, outdo their American counterparts?
There's a Mario Maker interview out there where Tezuka said they had trouble finding good pixel artists for the game's sprites. I don't think the experience or talent to make 2D games exists in many places anymore.
>>
>>387695897
me too, anon
>>
>>387700479
>has lyrics in a made up language
come on anon
>>
File: smrog.jpg (11KB, 307x307px) Image search: [Google]
smrog.jpg
11KB, 307x307px
>>387667161
>Mania is a massive, huge successes
It will struggle to sell 500,000 copies.
>>
>>387696154
Hesse illustrated quite a few post-Genesis-Wave mainline comics, you know
>>
File: 43er853st.jpg (51KB, 1137x895px) Image search: [Google]
43er853st.jpg
51KB, 1137x895px
>>387662820
>86
Who fucking slated it?
What fucker slated it?
It's easily one of the best games all year.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (33KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
33KB, 600x500px
>>387667161

The music sounds like something that would accompany some idol's vocals. The level looks incredibly linear and doesn't look like it'd reward multiple playthroughs.
>>
>>387701553
Probably those sites who said Sonic was never good.
>>
File: 1502897121379.jpg (98KB, 750x457px) Image search: [Google]
1502897121379.jpg
98KB, 750x457px
>>387701553
All the 6s and 7s came from the "sonic was never good" crowd.
>>
>>387667161
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsLA0LAd_kk

Fixed
>>
>>387664976
Goddamn, the left sprite is so much better, it's insane. The only complaint I have with it, is that his right foot is too far skewed. Should be more forward facing. But wow, this just goes to show that sticking to the nostalgic design isn't always the best option.
>>
>>387702350
God how shit can you be at a game.
>>
>>387700236
Sonic 2 and 3 were both made by SoA with minimal involvement from SoJ.
>>
File: g.jpg (82KB, 408x408px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
82KB, 408x408px
how do you do these special stages I am too stupid to get anything past the second one done
>>
>>387703121
use the jump as a drift on the corners.
>>
>>387703121
First lap aim for rings and look out for shortcuts
Second lap start focusing on blue spheres
You can cut corners by jumping as you turn, you pretty much need to do this if you're going Mach 3.
That's it really, they aren't too bad except the fifth emerald which still fucks me up.
>>
File: Retro Studios.jpg (29KB, 506x249px) Image search: [Google]
Retro Studios.jpg
29KB, 506x249px
>>387664002
Feels good
>>
>>387674159
>>387674615
https://youtu.be/uA0nSkSxA3E
https://youtu.be/tkUQE58aaa0
Shit taste
>>
>>387703121
Your #1 priority is to follow the ufo's path. If rings and spheres are out of the way of that DO NOT get them. Losing distance is the worst thing you can do aside from falling off the course.

Jump over corners that aren't walled off and be sure not to already be turning on the ground when you jump. This way you'll actually be able to adjust yourself in midair, which is useful for tight turns and hitting ring boxes.
>>
>>387679661
They got to earn their pathetic paycheck somehow even for bullshit reasons
>>
File: 1337048799101.jpg (48KB, 435x571px) Image search: [Google]
1337048799101.jpg
48KB, 435x571px
>>387671906
Holly shit the sound design is atrocious. The explosion sounds are way to loud and distorted. So much that I seriously thought my headphones had gave up during the chase scene.
Who looked at this and thought "yhea, this is artistically pleasing". And that music... dear god, what were they thinking
>>
>>387702975
I think it also sends you back to the beginning of the Act, and not even whole stage.

I don't know though as I never ran out.

The ring system in sonic games is very forgiving and the rings in mania will wallbounce further, so your primary cause of losing lives will be crushing (fairly rare in mania), death pits (almost none in mania) and bosses.

But 5+ attempts to beat a boss is beyond fair.

How are these people still so bad at games?
>>
>>387704685
It definitely sends you as the beginning of the stage. The thing, is, Mania is so generous with lives, rings, shields that at some point "sending you back at the beginning of the stage" is the only sort of fair punishment for failure.
People shat on Tropical Freeze for following a similar system and it's hilarious how people really can't handle failure anymore.
>>
>>387700236
Kid Chameleon, Comix Zone, Vectorman
>>
>>387664002
Iizuka will take credit and force bad ideas into the sequel, then blame the gaijin when it fails.
>>
>>387704964
I guess that we're in the age of people who only want to play a game once, so to them, replaying a stage at all is a negative.
What a shame.

Heck, this game doesn't even have a 0-ring space stage.
>>
It proves that letting the community make something will always result in something better than some uninspired moron who's just looking to make money.
>>
>>387700236
Pretty much every first-party game outside of the Shining series. SoJ spent most of their focus on arcades.
>>
>>387686212
This.
It's so goddamn obvious that his plane sprite originally had the hat.
>>
>>387702350
>but it still sucks

Quality journalism here. Is there no writting standards in this industry ?
>>
>>387670583
They brought Kalinske in to save them. The CEO and a few others were actually happy with his success, but most of the top of Sega despised the impudence.

Success through methods that disregarded their way of doing things was regarded as worse than failure.
So they shackled him and forced him to fail, a common strategy in Japanese corporate politics.

Something similar happened with Peter Moore and the Dreamcast. He ended up showing them a video showing public perception of Sega in the West. They accused him of lying and gave him no options to help the company succeed.
>>
File: there has to be more to life.png (968KB, 716x776px) Image search: [Google]
there has to be more to life.png
968KB, 716x776px
>>387702350
oh no five to six minutes
>>
>>387682498
>>387682156
the master system versions ARE the game gear versions
also tails fucking dies
>>
>>387705474
>always
lmao
>>
Meanwhile Nintendo shuts down A2R instead and shits out some 2.5D bullshit.
>>
>>387706434
Yeah, if you get hardcore fans of your product to work on designing the game, you'll get a better game.
>>
>>387700236
Jet Set Radio Future and Burning Rangers.
>>
>>387707018
absolutely not.
>>
>>387702350
really makes you think that one person in the industry who just sucks dick at videogames, can put an official 'negative' like this up on metacritic, and it forever, for the next 100 years will stain the metacritic score when mania should be much higher, atleast 90s+

But one shit opinion by one random 'reviewer, which is literally "I suck at video games, therefore this game is bad" counts and stains it forever

worst timeline
>>
>>387702350
How can you be this bad at video games?

I got about five Game Overs in Mania, which is pretty abysmal, and the only one from a boss was...the final boss. And Titanic Monarch is incredibly easy once you've beaten it a single time, it practically throws 1-ups your way.

How can someone be so shit that they find Mania's bosses hard? They're nearly as easy as Sonic CD's.
>>
>>387707186
He only dies if you dont collect all emeralds
>>
I think my only huge gripe with Mania is that you can't use Super peel out and insta shield in a saved game. Seems like a weird decision to make.
>>
>>387674734
This is shitposting, right?

There are ancient as fuck forums that predate even 2ch that people used > in.
>>
>>387707685
the fuck were they thinking? at least let us have all three combos in no save mode, get some fucking hyper giga sonic who can drop dash, peel out, and sonic 3 shield, it could of worked
>>
>>387703918
Whims of Fate is incomprehensible gibberish though. Good music, just you can't understand the lyrics.
>>
>>387667161
>green hill zone without green hill zone music
why
>>
>>387667161
Why does this look worse than Generations?
>>
>>387709250
held back graphically for Shitch release
>>
>>387705786
>They would rather fail than get shown they were wrong.

How can bussnessmen be so ass backwwards.
>>
>>387709372
Japan is based on DISONABRU

PRIDE AND HONOUR okay w/e you say sega
>>
ladies and gents, I wouldn't be surprised that Sonic Boom was a self imposed bullet to the foot of the Sega company

"lets outsource sonic to somebody EVEN WORSE then us, let them make a terrible, terrible game, then everybody will think WE are the only people who can make sonic"

check out ANY discussion now, especially on youtube, about trying to give sonic to another company, it is always "HA, REMEMBER WHAT HAPPEND LAST TIME?!!? SONIC BOOM LMAO!?? NO WAY LET SEGA KEEP IT"

all sonic will take to be saved in 3d is to be given to a company who actually understand speed and platforming and possibly free roam, but sega will never loosen there grip on this blue little fuck, the forces gameplay shows that they learn from nothing and have no idea what the FUCK a sonic is
>>
>>387709367
But I thought that was more powerful than the 360
>>
>>387709372
What the other guy said, Japan's got it bad with all the honor shit. I think the past generation or so have stopped doing it as much but it'll be a while until it's out of their system.
>>
I know Mania will never beat Forces in sales, especially because Forces has a physical, but holy fuck. I hope it gets CLOSE, or at least just a little under it. Can you imagine Sega? Doesn't even matter if they don't greenlight a sequel to Mania out of spite, they'll always know that a group of ganjin came and made them look like utter retards in one swift blow.

the cost of making mania can only be a quarter of what it makes to make a full triple A sonic title, so the return on Mania must be so much more then forces, given the circumstances. Gods speed Mania team, go troo far and don't stop. SALES FIGURES FOR MANIA WHEN
>>
File: 1495849803934.jpg (49KB, 554x508px) Image search: [Google]
1495849803934.jpg
49KB, 554x508px
>>387709859
>>
>>387709367
It'd look just as shitty if it wasn't on the Switch.
>>
>>387710208
>I know Mania will never beat Forces in sales, especially because Forces has a physical
Forces seems about as much of a trainwreck as every other modern sonic, do you really think OC will sell it that hard?
>>
>>387710387
The OC is the EXACT reason it gurantees it will sell, Sega hit the big red button. All companies have the big red button, Square Enix is the FF7 remake, Nintendos is a Pokémon game, and Segas is appease to our biggest fanbase, the autism, then go full ironic which I'm not sure is intentional, but it's working. the amount of youtubers which will buy this game out of ironicness and WACKINESS to further turn sonics image into a meme is going to be biblical, don't tell me you can't picture it now

thumbnails with really wacky sonic ocs made made "WOAH LMAO WHAT DID I MAKE?? A FOX WITH A FLAMETHROWER?!!? SONIC FORCES, PART 2"

Expect it to sell millions on this alone, Mania is fucked vs this true wave of autism coming
>>
>>387709189
They have to pay the license each time they want to use green hill zone music
>>
>>387710387
Sonic games don't have much of a problem selling
even shovelware trash like secret rings was a million-seller, the only outlier failures are Boom and 06
no one doubts forces will sell well, or at least enough to guarantee a success, but that doesn't really matter sega won't be careful about public reception, because what sonic needs above all else is trust capital
>>
So are we at the point where we can all pretty much agree this has been the best video game year in a decade

I feel like this is the first year in recent memory that isn't just "good relative to what we've been getting" but actually just "a good year to play vidya"
>>
Metal Sonic makin' me mad.
>>
>>387710764
Even fucking GBA sonic games use it so why would it be too expensive for their AAA budget sanic game?
>>
>>387671681
There is no excuse for this performance. Literally nothing pisses me off more than people who think switch has weak hardware. It doesn't. You clowns realize how old the PS4 and X1 are right? Yet you keep holding them up as graphical powerhouses.
>>
>>387710764
Yet they're fine with paying to use Green Hill, Chemical Plant AND Oil Ocean in Mania. Forces Green Hill has different music because that's what Sonic Team wants.
>>
>>387710387
Sonic games always sell, which is the main reason why the series hasn't been shafted after all those shitty games.
>>
>>387671906
This looks really bad.
>>
>>387671906
>Read comments it's nothing but DA kids.

Even the gameplay looks like crap it will sell millions.
>>
>>387692527
Juggle, usually.
>>
>>387710260
Switch is stronger than Wii U and even the Wii U could take a steaming dump on the PS360. Those machines had fucking 512 MB of RAM. Wii U had 4 GB. Not that RAM is the mosy important stat or anything, but this is an example of the gap between the machines.
>>
>>387662820
>>387664002
>>387664148
Where in the hell is this Sega of Japan stuff coming from?
>>
>>387694621
>Says he's bad at puyo
>makes a decent chain while I struggle with them

Fucking japs, man.
>>
>>387714075
a jap being bad at something is still near-godlike to non-japs
>>
>>387710764
then why the fuck do they feel so inclined to reuse Green Hill itself so much?
>>
>>387682728
Wait, which one is the mass appeal one?
Which one will sell more?
>>
>>387712658
>even the Wii U could take a steaming dump on the PS360.

KEK
>>
>>387662820
Sega Japan will can them since nips can't stand being stood up by westerners.
>>
No matter how bad Forces is, or how many awful games sega shits out after this, at least we'll still have Mania

I'm just glad we got even one good sonic game in this day and age
>>
>>387714986
Said it from the very start, people keep saying Mania is a revival of classic Sonic, it isn't a revival, it's his final stand against the coming wave of autism about to wipe him the fuck out and bury him in the guck which is Forces. He goes out with a fucking bang with Mania, weaponized autism, used for the good of mankind, vs actual pure chris-chan tier autism forces, it was the only way I wanted to see my little blue fuck go out. Gods speed, Sonic, you did well, and the mrania tream. I will honestly cut my dick off If this game gets a sequel, the fact it connects to Forces only makes me think it was just a one off prequel more. The japs can't handle the success of this game.

even the slogan that lizuka made, it could be just badly translated to English though, is slightly condescending possibly unintentionally though

BY THE MANIA, FOR THE MANIA

yeah we're the mania, so crazy and wanting good sonic games, we should be like the other (??) side of the sonic fanbase and be happy with forces

Really makes me think
>>
>>387667161
can they leave the fucking camera alone in classic sonic levels?
>>
File: chitoge_upset.png (532KB, 753x712px) Image search: [Google]
chitoge_upset.png
532KB, 753x712px
>>387671906
>Green Hill Zone has generic techno music now
>the explosions are earraping levels of loud
The game doesn't even look that terrible to me but for fucksake the sound design is piss poor
>>387695897
Yeah
Thread posts: 399
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.