[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (40KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
40KB, 480x360px
What went wrong?
>>
>>387648812
Nothing. It's great.
>>
Mr. Factorio just wasn't compelling as a character. Why was he killing the bugs? Really just left me clueless as to what the plot was for a majority of the game, couldn't hold my interest.
>>
>>387648996
He kills to survive and develop.
>>
what did go wrong? i haven't really played it, i pirated it and found it kinda fun, fun enough to maybe buy it later, maybe with a friend. should i?
>>
>>387649160
so it's a ripoff of minecraft? Wow, 10/10 story-writing, game devs.
>>
>>387648996
Mr. Factorio is better than most survivalcraft protags
>mines for literally ten seconds
>my arm hurts
Truly /v/-core
>>
>>387648812
Would have been nice if there was a way to make the aliens more difficult without being impossible.
>>
>>387648812
nothing?
>>
>>387648812
It didn't cure cancer and bring about world peace, that's about it.
>>
>>387648812
Something went wrong?

All I know is that price never seems to go down.
>>
>>387648812
The solution to the game is in the screencap itself. You just build that in your game and you win. No challenge at all. What were they thinking?
>>
>>387648812
Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>387648812
>wrong
Nothing.
Literally one of the greatest indie games of all time.
>>
>>387648812
The fact that they removed the huge jump of blue science. Now that there are a bunch more sciences, the curve has been vastly smoothed out and there is no causal filter anymore.
>>
>>387651540

It's what you make of it. Have you tried bobs?
>>
>>387652064
>complexity for the sake of complexity, and a huge ups sink to boot
>>
>>387651540
>the curve has been vastly smoothed out and there is no causal filter anymore.
That has never been true.

Factorio is amazing because it is both hardcore and casual at the same time. If you want to be casual, which most people are, you just mess around until your jumble of belts, factories and components start producing products you wanted with no extra thought.

But if you want to minmax there is a world of depth into the complexity of spacing, efficiency, timing and math just to get the perfect production going.

Honestly there isnt another game like it that lets you be either casual and lazy or highly detailed and hardcore as you want. And you can even mix it together and have parts of your production be casual and other parts hardcore, depending on how much you care about each development. You might spend hours making the perfect rail system, and not give a crap about having a self sufficient defense system, or anything else.
>>
>>387648812
It steals time from you.
>>
>>387651540
>casual filter gone

Motherfucker I am 20 fucking hours into this and I still can't into great bases. I've restarted like 4 fucking times.

And it's when I get to blue science and have to maneuver for some oil, but at the same time protect my base because I've fucked up the entire fucking environment with pollution and bugs are fucking sick of my shit.

I need a factory for ammo, a facotry for bots fuck shit I need plastic oh fucking dammnit now I need this I need that FUCK.

I'm going to play a slow, comfy game. I will make tiny factories.
>>
>>387653017
>I need a factory for ammo, a facotry for bots fuck shit I need plastic oh fucking dammnit now I need this I need that FUCK.
Thats part of the fun is that progress is not linear and you can make whatever production you want next.

There is a linear start, mining, power, refining, defence. But beyond that you can flex out and do what you want.

I would recommend you focus on getting a wall and turrets up with belts and inserters going once you get your refining up so you can stop worrying about the bugs for most of the game.
>>
>>387648812
More large mods would be nice.
>>
>what went wrong
Them charging 20 dollars for an early access game that years later still is not out of early access, and has not gone on sale once in the entire time it's been up on steam.

Not even a three cent discount.
>>
>>387653017
May I suggest turning off alien expansions? It's a dumb mechanic that's easily abused anyway.
>>
>>387653441
Not really sure why you'd want a three cent discount.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.