[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life With Souls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 12

File: Derek.jpg (109KB, 1000x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Derek.jpg
109KB, 1000x1195px
If there's anything that can be said about 2017, it's that it's the Dark Souls of years. But what if I told you that Dark Souls isn't actually the Dark Souls of video games, but instead the Life With Derek of the industry? "Now, anon," you might be wondering, "how are Dark Souls and Life With Derek similar?" I'm glad you asked! I actually mispoke: there aren't many similarities between Life With Derek and Dark Souls by itself, but instead the Soulsborne series as a whole.

Enter the enonymous Derek:
>>
Look at this paragon of mankind: tall, dark, handsome; you'd be excused for thinking he was the star student of his class, but that's not actually the case. Derek is a slacker of the highest caliber, a man who seemingly cares about no one but himself, and gets things done his way. Remind you of anything?
>>
File: DemonsSouls.jpg (104KB, 256x295px) Image search: [Google]
DemonsSouls.jpg
104KB, 256x295px
Just like Demon's Souls, Derek is the oldest member in the clan. Many of the best elements of each series came from the first entry: ruggedness, a devil-may-care attitude, and an undeniable sense of style that truly outshines its peers. Like all the games in the series, Demon's Souls is masocistic, and this quality truly is best represented in Derek. Who could forget the classic episode "Sweet Misery," when Derek faked a sprained ankle in order to get his family to do whatever he wanted for a week, only to accidentally reveal the ruse by running up the stairs near the end of the episode? Just like Derek's occassional absent-mindedness, Demon's Souls lack of polish makes it admittedly the most broken game in the series, with several gameplay elements left behind in the creation of its successors, but Derek and Demon's Souls are always paid homage to by the element of their names in the overarching franchise.
>>
File: Edwin.jpg (122KB, 450x300px) Image search: [Google]
Edwin.jpg
122KB, 450x300px
Enter Edwin:

At first glance, you might think of Edwin as a edgy hedgehog, someone who hides their identity issues under a thin veil of superiority complexes and pointlessly obtuse defense mechanisms. Again, remind you of anyone?
>>
File: DarkSouls.jpg (53KB, 256x330px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSouls.jpg
53KB, 256x330px
Dark Souls, just like Edwin, is the undisputed angst-ridden teenager of the franchise, delighting in existentialism and an overly gloomy facade that actually covers up several charming eccentricities that only the most diehard fans will uncover. Just like in "Misadventures in Babysitting," when Edwin purposely causes trouble for Derek and Casey in order to express his abandonment issues, Dark Souls spends most of its runtime making players run around in circles for its own sadistic pleasure, all to cover up how much of a threadbare copy it is when compared to its older sibling. However, such fears are baseless, because, just like how Dark Souls has perhaps the most memorable and ingenious world design in the franchise, Edwin often steps up to prove he's the true genius in the household, coming up with inventive and stylish solutions to everyone else's problems on an episodic basis. Although Derek is undeniably the DNA of the series, Edwin is often considered to be the true hero in the fanbase, and is undeniably the most talked about character.
>>
File: Casey.jpg (85KB, 425x640px) Image search: [Google]
Casey.jpg
85KB, 425x640px
Which brings us to Casey:

Without a doubt the most controversial character, a good portion of the Life With Derek fanbase wish Casey had been exorcised from the house with fire and brimstone. They call her a shameless brown noser, someone who kisses up to anyone and everyone who gives her even a shred of attention or praise, despite her overall hollow personality and lack of any actual merit. Who's your guess for this one?
>>
File: EmeraldHerald.png (1MB, 1456x819px) Image search: [Google]
EmeraldHerald.png
1MB, 1456x819px
Oops, wrong picture.
>>
File: DarkSoulsII.jpg (56KB, 256x369px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsII.jpg
56KB, 256x369px
Just like Casey, Dark Souls II is a total whore who steals any original concepts from the games before it and runs them into the ground. Throughout Life With Derek, Casey has a series of boyfriends who she saps all energy from before discarding them as husks of their former selves, deprived of any individuality, before moving on to the next victim; this is indeed a potent metaphor for all Dark Souls II apologists, sad, tasteless shades of men that desperately seek the comfort of the easiest game in the series, and arguably the easiest girl in town. There is currently a gofundme page open asking for donations to pay for a serial killer with a strong attachment to the Mona Lisa and a seemingly inexhaustible supply of luck, which always seems to be on his side, to visit this pair of hollow copies and ensure they don't infect any well-meaning human beings ever again.
>>
File: Lizzie.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
Lizzie.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
Now, onto Lizzie:

Lizzie, originally a copy of Casey's character, slowly steps out of her sister's shadow over the course of the series, adopting choice characteristics from her brothers, and learning from their failures. By the end of Life With Derek, Lizzie's personality is markedly different from the rest of her siblings, displaying a darker sense of humor in addition to several of their best traits. Who could she be?
>>
File: Bloodborne.png (2MB, 1422x800px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne.png
2MB, 1422x800px
Bloodborne generally sheds the people-pleasing attitude that its predecessor had, instead going for a markedly different identity when compared to its contemporaries, while retaining several mechanics that make it arguably the most accessible in the franchise. However, just like Lizzie, Bloodborne's "easy" start eventually leads to some of the most difficult and artistically impressive moments in the series. Many comparisons can be drawn between The Old Hunters and Life With Derek's "The Endless Eight" arc; namely, the awakening of Ludwig's Moonlight Greatsword and the moment when Lizzie finally confesses her lifelong sexual attraction to Derek, thus breaking the infinite time loop that he had innocuously trapped his family in for over 15,000 times. Although many hail Lizzie as the best character in the household, it's undeniable that most, if not all, of her best aspects are borrowed from her siblings, including Casey; nevertheless, the unparalleled synthesis of these characteristics leads to a delightfully timeless character that's perhaps the most artistically relevant thing to come out of its respective medium for the past decade.
>>
File: Marti.jpg (76KB, 816x459px) Image search: [Google]
Marti.jpg
76KB, 816x459px
And, finally, we come to Marti:

Considering there's only one Soulsborne game left in the series, I won't bother with any pretense as to which one Marti most closely resembles:
>>
File: DarkSoulsIII.jpg (220KB, 1200x650px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsIII.jpg
220KB, 1200x650px
Like Dark Souls III, Marti is often treated by her parents as a contractual obligation for one more character, with hardly any sparks of originality to be found; despite this, Marti proves to be extremely deft and dexterous at tasks that leave her siblings stumped, such as in the season 3 finale: "Berserk," when Derek finally gives into his urges to kill Casey, who sacrificed her entire family to achieve a place among the God Hand. Marti, often forgotten, was left out of the bargain, and was able to help Derek control himself in the Berserker Armor, to the point where a temporal distortion was made wherein Season 4 took place. In this way, though both Marti and Dark Souls III are often overlooked by the community at large, they did end their respective series on a respectful and tonally appropriate note, and deserve applause for being fun, if little else.
>>
In closing, both Life With Derek and the Soulsborne franchise are among the greatest postmodern artistic achievements known to mankind. The endless cycle of Light and Dark, Derek and Casey, to be or not to be, wouldn't be solved until the spinoff movie: "Tengen Toppa Gurren Derekann," where Marti became [MADE IN HEAVEN] and the universe was reset to the point where Dereklion and Steel Casey Run could take place, two heavily acclaimed shows that are still talked about to this day. Truly, Life With Derek was the Alan Wake of Dark Souls.
>>
>>387646301
I appreciate the effort anon. It was a good show senpai
>>
>>387646884
That's all I wanted to give <3
>>
>>387645315
I didn't read it, but I appreciate the effort you put into this shitpost.
>>
>>387647153
I'll try harder next time
People must know the truth
>>
>>387647153
i have absolutely no idea at all about what this thread means but i see some extensive lore written by op,congratulations i guess?
>>
i've only played Edwin Souls but I've watched more than enough Life With Demon Souls to appreciate whatever the hell you were trying to do with this thread
Good show, I think
>>
>A fucking Life with Derek thread of all things
I'm so confused.
>>
File: 1500263409994.jpg (123KB, 498x387px) Image search: [Google]
1500263409994.jpg
123KB, 498x387px
>>
>>387645315
Was it just me or was there ridiculous amounts of sexual tension between Casey and Derek? What was Disney trying to tell us?
>>
>>387648998
I knew someone else saw it too
>>
>>387648998
No I got that too.
>>
>>387648974
Guess I should keep posting then.
>>
>>387645315
This is top tier my man. Is this copypasta or did you write it yourself?
>>
>>387650582
All me
I'm glad it's appreciated, desu
>>
>>387651146
Legitimately one of the best shitposts I've ever seen on /v/. I know this thread will die but I will never forget you, anon.
>>
>>387651284
<3
>>
>>387648998
Well, it is a Canadian-made show.
>>
>>387648998
>Disney
It wasn't Disney it was a 3rd party show they showed on Disney Channel it wasn't produced by them.
>>
>>387645690
I'd fuck the shit out of Casey.
>>
>>387645315
Be honest, you're actually Derek, aren't you?
>>
>>387645315
didn't read but good shitpost
>>
Life With Bumps
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.