[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how the fuck the idea of an "Undead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg (132KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Slave_Knight_Gael_Buffing.jpg
132KB, 1280x720px
Can someone explain to me how the fuck the idea of an "Undead Slave Knight", or any undead being employed for anything for that matter, makes even the slightest shred of sense within the context of the Dark Souls universe in any way, shape or form? Because last I fucking checked up on my souls lore the undead only existed when the age of fire was nearing it's end, and EVERYONE started going undead because of the darksign causing them to lose their humanity. So who, during this period of time, would be hiring undead for fucking wars? Let alone for ANYTHING?
>>
Just turn your brain off, bro.
>>
>>387644292
This

Also, be yourself
>>
>>387644231
>Lore

Lol the devs just wanted a Guts boss man. It's really the most appropriate finale.
>>
his possession of the way of white miracle that emulates aureoles that disappeared after the age of gods and were created because of nostalgia kinda suggests that he may predate ds1 or existed in a cycle right after that before everything went to complete shit again and undeads were rare
>>
>>387644231
Gwyn. Understand one critical fact about Gwyn and the gods: they didn't give a fuck about humanity. They're small weak and frail. But the problem is that they have the Dark Soul and the Dark Soul and the Abyss never seem to lose power. Ever. The writing was on the wall for the gods that the humans would eventually over take them so the best use for them would be as fodder. Something for the dragons to burn alive while the gods went about killing them.
>>
>>387644448
The Slave Knights and Ringed Knights probably fought side by side but while Slave Knights were given miracles to kind of fight back, the Ringed Knights were told to fuck off immediately. Probably because of their Abyssal weapons and armor.

Not that it stopped them. Cutting the heads off of dragons and using them as weapons? Seriously?
>>
>>387644231
Not everyone was undead, they were locking them up in the asylum, why would you do that if everyone in your society was undead? not sure where you got that from. We also don't know how long in terms of years, decades, (centuries?) the undead started appearing before the gwyn linked the flame, or before the start of the game.
>>
>>387644404
>Lol the devs just wanted a Guts boss man. It's really the most appropriate finale.

They literally could have just not written the "undead slave knight" lore bit and still had this type of character. It was completely fucking unnecessary and only created a massive plot hole as a result of it's inclusion.
>>
>>387644231
> Because last I fucking checked up on my souls lore the undead only existed when the age of fire was nearing it's end, and EVERYONE started going undead because of the darksign causing them to lose their humanity.
So you got it wrong, SOME people went undead, others didnt, eventually ALL would become undead, but it only a few became undead first. Remember Vinheim? Catarina? Thorolund? All of those places you DIDNT go? They were just fine, and then, what best to use as fodder in kingdom wars then fuckers who never fucking die?

>>387646092
There is no problem to the idea of a undead slave knight, OP just got his lore wrong and thought Lordran was ALL there was in the world, when it isnt.

The only thing that wouldnt make sense is saying he participated in the dragon wars, which is never stated in the game, so the concept is fine.
>>
>>387646092
What plot hole are you even talking about? You've gotten all these responses explaining it to you, but you ignore them.
>>
File: 1501201529654.jpg (15KB, 319x331px) Image search: [Google]
1501201529654.jpg
15KB, 319x331px
>>387645178
>>387646486

I forgot that little detail, actually. I guess it COULD work.......
>>
>>387644231
lmao, Souls games are just made for you to have fun killing shit with different weapons and stuff, that's it.

the lore and story are fucking abysmal.
>>
>>387646486
>>387647930
Thinking time works in any logical sense in das is a mistake.
>>
>>387649353
Which sucks. Whatever the First Flame is, time and space seem to be hinged on it. When the First Flame goes, they go to the point where Lothric is a jigsaw of different kingdoms and times. So what happens when the First Flame dies? Do they just totally fall apart?
>>
>>387649864
"It's up to you ;)" Myazaki
>>
>>387649864
The first flame is convoluted
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.