[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Souls 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 47

File: dark-soul-2.jpg (212KB, 1280x720px)
dark-soul-2.jpg
212KB, 1280x720px
Holy shit you guys were right, this is absolute garbage. This game doesn't feel like Dark Souls at all. I feel like dropping it after the first boss. Does it get better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qg2IGTQsvZY
Love this OST though
>>
File: 1502001336288.jpg (57KB, 519x668px) Image search: [Google]
1502001336288.jpg
57KB, 519x668px
>>387643170
Took you long enough fag
>>
>>387643439
Yeah, I still haven't played Dark Souls 3 as well
>>
>>387643170
Not really, it's the best Dark Souls game. Only loses to Bloodborne. Loses to Demon's Souls if you like story.

Dark Souls 1 is dogshit after Anor Londo and Dark Souls 3 is worthless other than 4 boss fights.
>>
Oh boy, another Souls shitposting thread!
>>
>>387643170
the game is like 50 hours long and you're crying about the first 40 minutes

might as well stop now
>>
>>387643170
You do realise that all dark souls games feel different?
>>
>>387643170
No it doesn't, just drop it and go do something else. Don't ever post about it either.
>>
File: 9int.png (251KB, 847x833px) Image search: [Google]
9int.png
251KB, 847x833px
>>387644229
everytime
>>
it gets better once you start experimenting with shit and find the pvp arena
>>
>>387644439
>You do realise that all dark souls games feel different?

and Souls 2 felt the worst
>>
>>387644439
Dark Souls 1 and 3 feel almost exactly the same, just numerical values changed around a bit to make you fast roll more easily and more often. They even reused the animations. 2 is the one that feels completely different (like dogshit)
>>
>>387645298
Okay, so what's next?
>>
>>387643170
I know it's all shitposting, but Dark Souls 2 is legitimately close to being as good as DaS1, though it will never reach the holy trinity of DeS/Das1/BB. Definitely miles better than DaS3 which felt like Bandai Namco holding Miyazaki at gunpoint.
>>
>>387645509
>poise
Your """"""opinion""""""" is allready factually wrong. Completely different approach to world building and level design. Also, mana bar.
>>
>>387644774
Not an argument.
*Dodgeroll spams away*
>>
>>387644250
posting facts about dark shits 2 is not shitposting, dumbass
>>
How does this game manage to reach thread limit years later? I understand it's the weakest entry in the souls series but holy fuck
>>
>>387645685
>I know it's all shitposting
>continues to shitpost
All these games, except for bloodborne, are almost identical gameplaywise.
>>
>>387645685
>but Dark Souls 2 is legitimately close to being as good as DaS1

HAAHHAAAAAAAAAA LMFAO
>>
>>387643170
The opening theme for this game is awesome on so many levels

its pacha.jpeg in OST form
>>
Dark Souls 2 defence force moving in on this thread. Might as well season this thread and be over with it before they shit up the entire place.

Reminder that anyone who thinks Dark Souls 2 is the best either played it as their first Dark Souls game or they are just shitposting.
>>
>>387645757
He never mentioned poise in that post
>>
File: I like it.png (260KB, 736x265px) Image search: [Google]
I like it.png
260KB, 736x265px
It wasn't that bad. I don't know if you started playing before SOTFS, which was a fucking train wreck. But after the dlc and playing again for the second time (on playthrough 2) the game really shines.
>>
>>387645983
He implied that they are almost exactly the same, but in DaS 3 poise works in a complete different way. Poise a major game mechanic, mana bar also.
>>
>>387643170
The DLCs are DS1 tier, maybe even better.
>>
>>387643170
The beginning was the only part I liked, so I doubt you'll like the rest at all.
>>
>>387644229
>Dark Souls 1 is dogshit after Anor Londo
i just beat dark souls 1 as my first souls game yesterday and i see that this is a meme,or somefag tryin' to be cool,or both
>>
You have shit taste, donĀ“t worry its pretty common around here. DaS3 might suit you a lot more
>>
>>387643540
Dark Souls 3 is way better. Feels like an actual sequel.
>>
>DaS
>you fight and roll
>DaS II
>you fight and roll
>DaS III
>you fight and roll
>>
File: 1474935798146.png (290KB, 664x602px) Image search: [Google]
1474935798146.png
290KB, 664x602px
>>387645920
I meant the DaS2 hate is all just falseflagging. No one legitimately hates DaS2 outside of these bait threads.
>All these games, except for bloodborne, are almost identical gameplaywise.
Funnily enough DaS2 is the only Souls game that plays completely different from all the established Souls games outside of BB, the weight of weapons and heavier emphasis on positioning and stamina management proves that.

>>387645929
DaS2 makes up for its shortcomings by simply being a far more fun game to play, DaS2 only gets better as you get close to the end of the game, DaS1 falls short at the last half. They equal out both of their pros and cons in the end, however, after playing both games to death I'd say I get more enjoyment out of making a new build in DaS2 than DaS1.
>>
>>387646358
that;s because DaS3 is the better game
>>
>>387646594
I hate to break it to you, but the general consensus among the dark souls community is that 2 is bad.
>>
>>387646594
>Funnily enough DaS2 is the only Souls game that plays completely different from all the established Souls games outside of BB,

and is hated by the fans because of it. All the gank squads do not help
>>
File: DarkSoulsHitThroughWall2.webm (2MB, 1258x708px) Image search: [Google]
DarkSoulsHitThroughWall2.webm
2MB, 1258x708px
>>387646631
Spotted the drone.
>>
>>387646594
>contrarian "opinions" accompanied by reaction images of terrible anime characters

yeah I'm on /v/
>>
They are all shit, only Demons Souls and Bloodborne are good
>>
>>387646594
>positioning and stamina management
Positioning is important in all Dark Souls games, in DaS2 it is just more often important or rewarding. True that in DLCs without proper positioning you gonna get fucked fast, but this also aplies for DaS3 DLCs.
>>
>>387647087
This.
>>
>>387646796
>dark souls community
Bunch of false flagging anonymous people who do it ironically, such as (You)rself.
>>
ADP.
Discuss.
>>
>>387647087
Fuck off, grass muncher.
>>
>>387643170
Make sure to kill the Pursuer boss in the Forest to get the first good shield and armor in the game, after that go through Heide's Tower and beyond.

I'd recommend trying to get at least through the Lost Sinner. I played through the entire thing and still don't like it but I definitely started having a better time once i got over the first hump of the forest and started leveling adaptability. At that point if you don't feel like it's improving then drop it, maybe move onto 3.
>>
>>387647282
badly designed stat because it was connected to an important game play element but never mentioned it.

Glad DaS3 took it out
>>
>don't care about Soul Memory
>ADP is dumb but not a huge issue
>still hate DaS2 because movement and attacking feels god awful, among other comparatively minor reasons
>>
they're all the same
>>
>>387645757
>mana bar
rofl holy shit wtf dude
lmaooooooooooooo
>>
>>387647087
This honestly
>>
File: oh.png (79KB, 250x206px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
79KB, 250x206px
>>387647280
I know it's thrown around a lot for no reason, but I genuinely mean this: are you autistic? You can't seem to comprehend that other people see things differently than you. It's ok if you have a minority opinion, do whatever makes you happy, but you don't have to delude yourself into thinking this is a popular opinion so you can feel validated by a bunch of video game nerds on an anime website.
>>
Serious question here guys, I'm playing through DaS1 for the first time right now and loving it, I'm up to Sen's Fortress at the moment. My question is should I bother with DaS2 after I finish this or go straight to 3? What exactly is it about 2 that is so shit? I've played a bit of 3 and from memory it just seems like an easier version of 1. I also have Bloodborne on my backlog so should I just skip through 2&3 and go straight to BB?
>>
>>387646796
>but the general consensus among the dark souls community is that 2 is bad.
Which Dark Souls community? /v/? Who cares about /v/? The general consensus is that DaS2 is the worst in the series, that doesn't mean it's a bad game you fucking sensationalist. It got dethroned from the "worst game" title once DaS3 came out anyways, but as proven by these threads it's debatable. I just don't like how commercial DaS3 feels even more compared to how commercial DaS2 was. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

>>387646932
I don't hate it, the game feels different but it's a good different. Just don't lock on if the groups are too much to handle. All the balance changes including the new backstab and parry were all very welcome for PvP too. Powerstancing was OP in PvE but that's another story.

>>387647106
I wouldn't have minded DaS3's more DaS1 approach to gameplay if they had increased the stamina cost of roll spamming. First roll = normal cost -> Second roll = slightly increased cost etc etc.
>>
>>387643540
Ds3 is worse
>>
File: 1503102771686.jpg (26KB, 499x436px) Image search: [Google]
1503102771686.jpg
26KB, 499x436px
demons souls and dark souls were never meant to have sequels. 2 and 3 do not exist.
>>
>>387647889
>Just don't lock on if the groups are too much to handle

then your attacks will miss
>>
>>387647837
just play them all and form your own opinions. they all go on sale for cheap eventually.
>>
>>387648081
yes they do and FFX-2 and 2.5 also do exist, you can't run
>>
File: not.jpg (57KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
57KB, 600x600px
>The best Dark Souls
>In the need to make this thread every day
>>
File: 1502982772159.png (49KB, 1209x933px) Image search: [Google]
1502982772159.png
49KB, 1209x933px
>it's the daily Miyazaki fanboy butthurt thread
>>
>>387645929
DaS is literally the worst game in the entire series
>>
The DLC is the only good part of DS2
I'd put the DLC on par with DS3, the base game is way below base DS3 although both are inferior to DS1 which has the best exploration and world design
>>
>>387643170
The DLC has great level design, enemies are ok and bosses are 6 that ranges from good to great and 3 that are very bad.

The base game is very weak overall, the level design is terrible for the most part, about 20% of the bosses are good while the rest is either boring or awful. Characters feel very high-fantasy an mostly boring. Visuals are a mixed bag with some VERY UGLY parts and and animations are sluggish and/or bad looking. Mechanics are two steps forward and two steps back, from fixing some cheesy stuff from DaS1 to ruining some stuff like gems, ADP and soul memory. The best (or good) things about the game as a whole is that it has the most viable builds of ALL games and almost all of them are available early on, the freedom of places to go from the beginning if you know what you are doing and the size of the game, it's very large it has A LOT to explore.

>TLDR version
+Its big
+relatively open
+lots of ways to play it
+dlcs are good overall

-+breaks as much as it fixes things
-+visuals are a mixed bag
-+some neat ideas but mostly unexplored

-very few good bosses
-ost is mostly crap
-level design is shit
-fucks up lore/story/characters

I dont have a lot of fun playing it, but am oddly attracted to it to try new things, while i cant even look at DaS3 without yawning, but have a much more enjoyable time with it.
>>
>>387648105
They won't, even with thrusting weapons most of the weapons in DaS2 have the ability to easily phantom-hit large groups of enemies outside of your forward vision. It's not THAT hard to play Dark Souls without lock-on anyways. It was common practice for some bosses/enemy types in the games that came before DaS2, try bosses like Kalameet without lock-on and notice the insane difference in how easy he is.
>>
To understand this shitposting, you first must understand the mindset of the DaS2fag. These are the people who jumped on the bandwagon with DaS based strictly on the hardcore marketing, so they equate garbage game design and mechanics with challenge.
>>
>>387648593
this is probably the most objective criticism I've seen about the game
>>
>>387645912
It's a mix of discord shitposters and stockholm syndrome victims genuinely attached to 2.
>>
>>387648551
why do people say the DLC is good? the level design is better (most of the time) but the enemies are shitty damage sponges and the bosses are mostly terrible.
>>
>>387647837
At least try 2. I don't like it but you might turn out to be one of the weirdos and spend your future making daily APOLOGIZE threads on /v/.

More likely you'll if you go in with lowered expectations you'll be able to tolerate it enough to finish it, but will see why the game dissappointed so many. You can easily skip it to go on to 3 or Bloodborne too if you please.
>>
>>387648939
How? He didn't even elaborate on how terrible the gameplay is.
>>
>>387648593
>The DLC has great level design

I played Sunken King. the level design was piss poor and it hard to tell if you were making progress. Enemies being gank squads and taking 50% damage from my Arsenal was crap (it takes like 6 basic hex spells to kill a guy when it takes like 2 in the base game)

ended up quitting the DLC in disgust
>>
File: ds2hitbox.gif (967KB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
ds2hitbox.gif
967KB, 294x233px
>>387645776
very well then.
Dark Souls 2 does a few things well, it has varied move set options. I'm a fan of Artorias' sword and bone fist in particular. However, I think the pve is 5/10 while the boss fights are 3/10 to 6/10 at best. In dark souls 1 you had two factors for difficulty in pve. The placement of the enemies, and the the very ground you stand on. Rolling was very deliberate in that you could only roll four directions, and you had to be careful not to roll of a cliff. Dark Souls 2's roll has a very short range and isn't very satisfying to use, not to mention adaptability being a chore to have to level up for a functioning dodge, but i digress. My point is Dark Souls 2 just doesn't feel satisfying. Everything feels so lazy, not saying that the devs were lazy even though as evident by the lighting they definitely didnā€™t have enough time to polish up the game, but it feels like every enemy in the game is lazily attacking. It's like they're underwater. Even during boss fights the swings are so slow and lazy. When you get hit by fume knightā€™s greatsword and go flying it just feels ridiculous. Not only is there a disconnect between how hard you go flying despite him swinging his sword at 3mph, but it also makes the less than stellar hit boxes all the more obvious as you can see every goddamn frame of his slow ass attack. All the animations of bosses/enemies donā€™t look right either. They have no weight. It feels like theyā€™re just floating. Thereā€™s no impact.
>>
>>387648593
I agree with you mostly, but I don't understand how the ost is bad? Literally all souls ost is the same stuff.
>>
>>387647837
What >>387649000 said. You'll learn to appreciate things you might have missed or took for granted about the other games. Just don't buy it like that fuck >>387648151 told you, both versions are dead anyway.
>>
File: average ds2 pve experience.png (887KB, 859x483px) Image search: [Google]
average ds2 pve experience.png
887KB, 859x483px
>>387649148
>Continued
Now beyond just the enemy animations not looking very good nor having any weight the enemy placement is laughable. Everyone knows about the one spot in Lost Bastille. The one where itā€™s a literal room full of like 20 of the same enemy? Thatā€™s not clever, itā€™s not fun, itā€™s not even hard, just bait a few of them then take them out on the bridge. Rinse and repeat until the room is empty. Compare that to the Dukeā€™s Archives, where you have a few enemies melee enemies that are weak but can be taken out easily. There arenā€™t many, maybe like 5 or so. You have to lure them out and take care of them. Also you have to be careful of the mages. They cast strong spells so you donā€™t want to have to deal with the small guys on top of them. Because if you just run to them youā€™ll be swarmed and die. So hereā€™s the puzzle. You need to lure the small guys, take em out, then you should be could to kill the mages. If this was ds2 Instead of the mages itā€™d just be more small melee guys, pve in ds2 is literally just copy and paste the same enemy 20 times or so and drop them in a room, max out their aggro range and then tediously try and filter through them on a and narrow path you can find. This coupled with the unsatisfying movement and boring enemies with Itā€™s just not fun, itā€™s just a chore.
>>
File: 1450436097441.png (203KB, 288x281px) Image search: [Google]
1450436097441.png
203KB, 288x281px
Bloodborne > first half of DaS > DeS > DaS2 > second half of DaS > DaS3
>>
>>387649186
Dark souls doesn't usually have very memorable songs. But a lot of songs in ds2 are pretty bad. Smelter demon comes to mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6IETf-vuxA&ab_channel=Emtac
>>
First half of DS2 sucks balls
Want to kill myself and then put the game down every time I start a new character. Got Scholar and couldn't even make it to the DLC because of how fucking shit the beginning of the game is.
>>
Dark Souls 3 wasn't that bad. It wasn't great, but it wasn't terrible. It had some amazing highs like fighting Nameless King and Champion Gundyr first time, and Lothric Castle was amazing.
>>
File: Confused Man.jpg (28KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
Confused Man.jpg
28KB, 1024x765px
>>387649238
>having to lure out enemies is bad
>but if there are casters shooting at you too it's better
Also, which room in Lost Bastille are you talking about?
>>
>>387649436
I don't understand what's bad about it.
>>
>>387649439
Really? I found the later half to be much worse. At that point I had nothing to inspire me to go forward, I only finished out of buyer's remorse.
>>
Only DeS and BB are great games. The 3 Dark Souls games are all junk for different reasons and it's sad watching people endlessly wank and shit on them until the sun consumes the Earth. It's almost meta, like the saga of Lordran(or whatever it's called) itself.

Demon's Souls was a fantastic, if flawed game. But the flaws could be ignored because the game itself was so well crafted and ambitious, and all the elements worked together well.

Demon's Souls had that Megaman-like stage select that made the world feel truly huge and made you feel like you really were a guy thrown outside of the normal existence of time and space. The setting, with its immortal guardians, eldritch god, and the Maiden in Black, felt both magical and cosmic. The game even had a solid story which opened naturally and you followed through Ostrava. The cast was memorable, tragic, and mysterious..

Dark Souls was basically DeS but worse in everything but mechanics. The open world is pathetic and nonsensical, with everything basically stacked around a single mountain. The "lore" goes from snippets that reveal more about the setting to namedropping random bullshit. A lot of the characters are just tired retreads, with Lautrec being a more visually interesting but ultimately more shallow Yurt, and Solaire being like Ostrava but without a point. And yes, the second half of the game is a complete joke, even Duke's Archives. The game builds itself up wonderfully and then after Anus Lando you go through literal copypasta levels fighting some of the shittiest bosses in the franchise. The story of Gwyn is like a mirror of Valant, instead of a weak king who meddles with forces far beyond his control and is ruined for it you have the story of a great king who gave his soul for the world only to have the world degenerate anyway, but this twist is not adequately built up, Dark Souls is actually TOO vague.
>>
>>387650020
>The open world is pathetic and nonsensical
Stopped reading there. Sonygs should be shot.
>>
File: ds2pathway.png (474KB, 791x426px) Image search: [Google]
ds2pathway.png
474KB, 791x426px
>>387649589
the one before you fight the Ruin Sentinels, and my point was that in ds1 the enemies positioning mattered, In ds2 they just threw a bunch of of the same guy in a room. Where they are doesn't matter at all.
>>
>>387649238
I just realized shrine of amana is actually good! Thanks anon
>>
>>387648939
Thanks, but as >>387649078 i never went full on detail on most stuff, that would take too long and i'm not up to for it right now, i just game my overall thoughts of the game, i appreciate the complement though.

>>387649186
It has been long since i heard it and i'm a guy enjoy listening the ost out of the game later and i appreciate when music feels unique o has personality to it (you can tell whose boss that music belongs to just from the music itself rather than memory) and i thought it was very samey and bland. Maybe i will listen again another time to see if i still feel like that.

>>387649097
I'm sorry to hear you didnt enjoy it.

>the level design was piss poor
I disagree, from the moving pillars, to the well placed shortcuts to the interesting traps and the maze-like nature of the place, it was fun to explore.
> and it hard to tell if you were making progress
Can you elaborate on this one?

>Enemies being gank squads
Outside of maybe that one cliff in the beggining i never felt overwhelmed with enemies, where exactly you felt it was too much?

>and taking 50% damage from my Arsenal was crap (it takes like 6 basic hex spells to kill a guy when it takes like 2 in the base game)
I can see your point, but it's endgame, you should have resources by now.
>>
>>387647764
Are you trying to tell me that people on /v/ don't just shitpost most of the time in a popular games threads? Holy shit.
>>
File: 1356115759834.jpg (30KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1356115759834.jpg
30KB, 382x417px
DS3 is masterpiece and best From game. BB is near, but not enough to top TRC.
DS2 is just a failure just like all those who loving it.
>>
>>387649690
it's just a generic brass arrangement and doesn't really capture the more Gothic tones of dark souls, but to each their own i suppose.
>>
>>387650131
LOL there are only 5 guys in this area. 9 if you open up the gate that you would not be able to have opened on your first time there
>>
>>387650315
>> and it hard to tell if you were making progress
>Can you elaborate on this one?
everything looked the fucking same

>you should have resources by now.
I did. I had Hexes, normal magic, lighting magic, poison arrows, that Fire Longsword you find at the forest of fallen giants.

All of those did fuck all in the DLC and that arsenal got me through the main game
>>
>>387650501
can you tell me how it's clever or difficult to put the same enemy times 5-9 in a room and then mindlessly run after you?
>>
>>387650020

The comes Dark Souls 2. The game added some quality of life improvements but also counterintuitive design decisions. It also made the gameplay slow as fuck. Every action is made incredibly slow, while the enemies have only gotten faster. It's a bore to play.

Dark Souls 2, at least with the DLC and all that, has one thing over DaS in that while DaS climbed and then plummeted until the very end, which wasn't enough to save it, DaS2 at least mixed in shitty levels and good ones. The open world was even worse than Dark Souls, though, and the maps even less inspired, with many seeming like pure filler, like Harvest Valley. The story was like a bad pastiche of DeS and DaS and the highs of it weren't enough to overcome the lows. It relied too much on fanservice to try and save a mediocre game.

DaS3 was slightly better, but it was basically full on fanservice and references to itself, and they decided to just get rid of poise entirely.

The whole trilogy is basically what happens when big publishers look at an inspired game and then force a small company to churn out triple A follow-ups that it can't deliver on.

>>387650109

But it is, retard.
In the beginning you get this epic cinematic about the great war against the eternal dragons uniting five lords and then the entire game where you can run across all four lords takes place on one side of a mountain, where the area you start at which also has the Kiln below it is above New Londo which is right next to the Valley of the Drakes which is also across from Blight Town? Sen's Fortress is a short walk under a cathedral? The Duke's Archives where Seath was being a weirdo recluse is a stone's throw away from every other location. Anor Londo is literally just on the other side of the mountain. It's dumb. There is no sense of distance.

You memeing faggots will shit on Dark Souls 2 for having that shit incohesive world but ignore that DaS had it only slightly better.
>>
>>387643170
I really disliked it at first, but by time I beat like 4 bosses I got really good at it and stopped getting slaughtered by basic mobs. I loved some of the later areas, the atmosphere is great and even the weaker bosses were fucking awesome to fight. I just wish there was a way to easily re-fight bosses, I want to re-experience the Demon of Song fight over and over but having to replay the game for that isn't going to happen.
>>
my favorite souls game > your favorite souls game
>>
DS3>BB>DS2>>>DS1>>>>>DeS
>>
>>387646345
It objectively takes a sharp dip after AL anon. Nito and Seath are easily beatable first try; Gwyn is pretty laughable as well. 4 Kings is actually decent in concept. The areas lose their wonder as well. Catacombs, ToG, and New Londo are all dark, tight areas. Lost Izalith and Demon Ruins are ok but (aside from the horrible framerate), it is quite short. It is somewhat redeemed by the DLC bosses and areas.
>>
>>387650729
my opinions >>>>> anyone's opinions >>>>> your opinions
>>
>>387646979
To be fair, this shit happens in every game and it's fukkin' annoying
>>
Dark Souls 2 should be in eternal shit tier just for having the Shrine of Amana, arguably the worst level ever.

>You walk in
>It's beautiful
>It's just a big corridor with water that slows you down and faggots launching Magic Missile from 5km away
>At the end there's three faggots who all rush you with two grouped dudes shooting Magic Missile in an obvious attempt to just fuck you over unless you time your attack perfectly
>The boss at the end is fucking terrible
>>
File: 1471116692958.png (31KB, 201x200px) Image search: [Google]
1471116692958.png
31KB, 201x200px
>>387648151
>not letting /v/ form your opinions for you
>>
>>387650661
> where the area you start at which also has the Kiln below it
If you pay attention, the game is about a prophecy. The crow doesn't drop you on Firelink Shrine at random. DaS had a wonderful sense of scale by always keeping the rest of the world at display in some way, while other open world games fail miserably by giving their maps huge empty fields that give you no sense of distance as you zone out while holding the stick forward at fucking nothing.
>>
>>387651161

What "sense of distance" is there when everything is literally in walking distance of everything else besides Anor Londo? Really now.
>>
t. Dark Souls 3 player
>>
>>387650528
>everything looked the fucking same
I can agreee partially since i always felt DaS2 rooms lacked detail (and then came along BB and DaS3 and added TOO MUCH detail, feeling superfluous) but i have to say, i'm having a hard time thinking on similar looking rooms on the Sunken dlc, they all had such different geometry.

>I did.
Hmm, i did a pyro run not too long ago and dont remember being this lacking in damage, it has been some time so cant really be sure.

I'm sorry you had a bad time anon, those dlcs felt like a saving grace for the game to me and i feel bad you couldnt share my joy.
>>
File: 444444.jpg (9KB, 313x313px) Image search: [Google]
444444.jpg
9KB, 313x313px
>>387643170
All Souls games are O.K.
>>
>>387651438
this
>>
>>387651438

What? Are you telling me [number] isn't objectively better than [number]? Go fuck yourself nu-/v/!
>>
>>387646551
>>
File: 5dnfwy.jpg (123KB, 462x621px) Image search: [Google]
5dnfwy.jpg
123KB, 462x621px
reply to this post if you think the tomb of giants was good level design and fun to play in
>>
>This game doesn't feel like Dark Souls at all.

Maybe thats why its the best.
>>
>>387651223
It's a world, not a backdrop. You're not desperately looking for something to interact with, everything you go through has a purpose and level design. Even the (really) short walks where you do nothing serve to set the mood. You actively playing it gives it a sense of distance.
>>
>>387651782
+1 respectfully agree
>>
All dark souls games were good. I personally liked 3 the most, but you guys are acting like 2 wasn't fun or something, which is wrong.
>>
>>387651438
I agree, 2 doesn't qualify as Souls.

>>387651782
It's okay. I prefer New Londo though.
>>
>>387651438
when you compare to anything released since 2009,it's really hard to find something that is actually better than all the 5 games,but fuck you anyways i'll throw fuel to the fire, /v/ without dark souls shitposting loses some charm
>>
>>387652000
>when you compare to anything released since 2009,it's really hard to find something that is actually better than all the 5 games
The I don't play videogames unless /v/ tells me to starter pack.
>>
>>387650635
I really don't see the problem with multiple of the same enemy in an area. The only time I felt it was overkill was in the castle after opening all the doors. 6 ruin sentinels, with 3 mannequins, and 8 royal soldiers, was waaaaay too much. I guess your point is to not have more than one of the same enemy in an area? That room you are talking about has two behind the door, which is in no way a unique position in the series, and then you find three more once you get to the stairs. How is that overkill? It isn't even comparable to the multiple areas in undead burg with hollow "gank squads" or thief and doggo "gank squads"
>>
>>387651782
I do, i just wish it was longer, though that applies to almost all areas in the game.
>>
>>387652091
name me 5 good games released between 2009 and 2017
>>
>>387652290
Demon's Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne
>>
>>387652290
DeS, DS1, DS2, DS3, BB
>>
>>387652415
>>387652451
I said GOOD
>>
>>387652290
>>387652415
>>387652451
>>
>>387652560
Uh...
>>
>>387651917

What kind of mental gymnastics is that? A sense of distance is given by distance. The Dark Souls world is the equivalent of arriving in New York, walking 1 mile south and being Texas, going into the subway and being in Washington DC, and taking a bus to arrive 2 hours later in Toronto.
>>
File: 1496637006470.jpg (222KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1496637006470.jpg
222KB, 1536x2048px
>>387643170
i unironically think this the best dark souls game
>>
>>387652290
Fuck your limit, have some of my favorites.

XCOM Enemy Unknown
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Dragon's Dogma
Rayman Origins
Rayman Legends
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing Transformed
Mario Kart 8
Breath of the Wild
Left 4 Dead 2
Bayonetta
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
(U)MVC3
FTL
DKC Tropical Freeze
Hotline Miami
>>
>>387652951
all shit dude
>>
Dark Souls is the Rick and Morty of video games.
>>
File: ogopogo.png (400KB, 338x457px) Image search: [Google]
ogopogo.png
400KB, 338x457px
>>387653057
you are stinky and wrong
>>
>>387653182

This. It's the game everyone and their mom plays for hardcore cred. It's not even hard.
>>
>>387652805
Literal distance means fuck all if there's nothing in it, see GTA 5, Bethesda games, hell, any of the popular open world games.
>>
>>387653182
>>387653492

i never knew dark souls was a nihilistic and atheist appealing series even tho there's gods that you meet and fight in game
>>
OP is back bitches, I forgot that I'd created this thread. Wanted to say that this game feels like the fucking Witcher 1.
>>
File: 1498506955760.jpg (18KB, 142x236px) Image search: [Google]
1498506955760.jpg
18KB, 142x236px
>>387653651
Witcher 1 is the best in the series though.
>>
>>387653626

So then put stuff in it. Or have the fog doors transport you distances. Or not implement a largely pointless open world in the first place. Or have fast travel. Or combine all this stuff. It's not that hard. They bought into the shitty open world gimmick and created a shitty open world, but there's dicksuckers like you who will die to defend it rather than admit the game is flawed.
>>
File: 1498318981237s.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1498318981237s.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>387647087
when will fromsoft learn estus ruins games?
>>
>>387647837
Play Demon's Souls then Bloodborne. Do not touch DS2 and DS3.
>>
File: IMG_5208.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5208.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
>>387652827
You're unironically wrong
>>
>>387643540
Ds3 is boring it's a lot easier but more of my deaths feel like bullshit
>>
>>387653776
I don't care what Witcher is the best because it's a shit series for fat fedora fags (coming from a guy who bought Witcher 1 two times)
>>
File: mel-gibson-vince-vaughn-memes.png (669KB, 1158x771px) Image search: [Google]
mel-gibson-vince-vaughn-memes.png
669KB, 1158x771px
>>387649409
list i can actually agree with.
rolling ruined dark souls 3 honestl. wtf would they make it go so far and cost no stamina? ruins pvp too
>>
>>387653776
>the best in the series
Except it wasn't
>>
>>387653981
>using parenthesis on imageboards
Back to r*ddit.
>>
>>387654132
I don't browse reddit
>>
>>387653813
>So then put stuff in it.
That's what From did.

>Or not implement a largely pointless open world in the first place.
The world is not pointless at all. It gives you a sense of scale and lets you tackle it in different ways while also guiding you through its natural progression, but not going overboard with choices to the point where you can't tell if you've gone too far and you'd be led to end game content by accident. It strikes a sweet balance between experimentation and guidance and gives open world sense. It's basically Metroid in 3D.

>Or have the fog doors transport you distances.
>Or have fast travel.
Then why have a open world in the first place? Why not just use ye old overworld map format? Again, open fields with nothing are worthless.

>Or combine all this stuff. It's not that hard.
Looks like it is, given nobody else got it this right so far.
>>
>>387654430
>It gives you a sense of scale

A sense of scale where 90% of the locations are on one side of one mountain.
>>
The game costed me only 5 bucks by the way. I'll try it again tomorrow. If it feels shit I'll most likely drop it
>>
>>387654540
You're missing the point. It could be even smaller, it wouldn't matter. I'm not shutting down my brain navigating through randomly generated empty fields, I'm playing the damn game. I'm kept on my toes, I'm managing my resources, I'm facing enemies, I'm picking paths, I'm watching the environment tell a story. That's what gives an open world scale, content, not length.
>>
File: 1489615906590.jpg (91KB, 1211x872px) Image search: [Google]
1489615906590.jpg
91KB, 1211x872px
>>387646594
>I meant the DaS2 hate is all just falseflagging. No one legitimately hates DaS2 outside of these bait threads.
I legitimately cannot tell whether you're being serious or just shitposting. Like, are there actual, real life people who seriously think "Yeah, nobody really hates DaS2. Anyone who claims so is a shitposting falseflagger." Is this the level of denial that DaS2 apologists are in?
>>
>>387654863

No, what gives a world scale is when the scale of the world matches its description. Having some epic world ruled over by five lords who fought a war for existence against dragons and then having 90% of that world be literally stacked on top of each other on one side of one mountain and the other 10% on the other side, is fucking stupid and destroys the sense of scale.
This was my complaint, and you have done nothing to contest this complaint besides spout some nonsense about how "at least it's better than Fallout's empty fields." Who fucking cares. I'm not talking about Fallout, I never made that comparison, the Dark Souls world is shit all on its own.
>>
>>387655158
Then you hate every open world by definition and can't be argued with, as it's humanly impossible to have an open world map match its description in a videogame. Every single attempt so far sacrificed density for a cheap thrill of size that quickly wears off.
>>
It's alright but not superb.

After the runaway success of DaS they basically sat down and came up with hundreds of different (random) designs and crammed it all into the sequel.
That's why everything feels so mismatched and there's no singular design aesthetic to the whole thing. Some areas and bosses are amateurish and some are excellent.

Also you can tell they reused popular boss designs from DaS since they were popular with the fans.

Where the game really shines is the DLC content and it's worth soldiering through the base game so you can reach it.
>>
>>387655409

Yeah, I do hate every open world.
>>
File: 1502589576886.jpg (159KB, 456x502px) Image search: [Google]
1502589576886.jpg
159KB, 456x502px
>>387653973
>Ds3 is boring it's a lot easier

>its alot easier than das2
>>
>>387655428
>After the runaway success of DaS they basically sat down and came up with hundreds of different (random) designs and crammed it all into the sequel.
>That's why everything feels so mismatched and there's no singular design aesthetic to the whole thing. Some areas and bosses are amateurish and some are excellent.
Actually it feels mishmashed because the most important person working on the game stopped halfway through, and the rest of the team had to cobble together a game based on what WAS made mixed with stuff to connect everything. They didn't cram stuff together by design, but by necessity.
>>
>>387655735

>stopped halfway through

Concept design/storyboard stage is done before everything else so your interpretation doesn't hold water.
You can clearly tell certain bosses and areas were copypasted from the first game because they were popular and you can also tell the designs are all over the board because it follows the "more of everything" logic sequels usually have.

Also I forgot the mention but dropping that lighting part of the engine severely fucked up a lot of the locations and made them look ugly as fuck.
>>
File: das2.jpg (935KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
das2.jpg
935KB, 1920x1080px
>>387645685
>Dark Souls 2
>like Bandai Namco holding gun
>>
>>387655428
>Where the game really shines is the DLC content and it's worth soldiering through the base game so you can reach it.
Is the DLC really that good? I beat the main game like 2 weeks ago and stopped playing after I spent like 5 hours in the old iron king dlc. It just felt odd, the enemies were super fucking annoying with either rooms full of bullshit or sniping enemies or enemies that (I assume) infinitely respawn without a way to kill them, and then suicide bomber enemies. On top of that I was fucking constantly invaded by NPCs, which sounds cool and was nice a few times but quickly got really annoying. The big room with tons of sort-of elevator shaft things was odd, and I went through some caves full of bullshit enemies in order to kill a recolor of the Smelter Demon I already fucking killed, just to end up back in the central room I was in before without a feeling of progress. What pissed me off the most was the half-dozen fucking fog gates I passed though, every single time thinking "OK, time to fight the boss", only to lead to another fucking basic area without a boss to pass though, and when I DO find a boss it's a fucking recolor.

Does it get better? Am I just pessimistic? I enjoyed the main game, especially the bosses, but damn does this DLC piss me off.
>>
>>387656030
I still believe 2 was outsourced in secret.
>>
>>387647636
He's not wrong Wtf are you on about. The fp meter was effectively a mana bar for spells.
>>
>>387647837
>What exactly is it about 2 that is so shit?
A lot of things.

>Quantity over quality in boss battles. The game has more bosses than any other Soulsborne game but almost all of them are either mediocre or downright awful
>Lazy and cheap gank battles absolutely everywhere throughout the entire game. This becomes very annoying very quickly, trust me
>The game in general feels like shit compared to DeS and DaS
>The world design is shit, especially when compared to DaS
>The hitboxes are broken beyond belief but you can increase your dodge iframes to a ridiculous amount with a stat so essentially you're fixing broken with broken. If you don't do this you're fucked
>The game trivializes itself by giving you access to an infinite supply of cheap recovery items very early in the game
>Shields were nerfed very heavily so hopefully you don't like playing defensively because it's completely unviable at least 90% of the time
>The soundtrack is so boring, generic and quiet during most bosses that it might as well not exists at all. Easily the worst OST in the series
>The fucking torch mechanic that seems like it was forgotten halfway through the production
>Lazy and mediocre enemy design. Some bosses are literally just copypasted from DaS
And so on. There are many other smaller issues but these are the most glaring flaws in my opinion.
>>
>>387643170
Welcome to the bandwagon, here's your hat.

Dark Souls 2 should have been Dark Souls 1, and Dark Souls 1 should have been Demon Souls 2. Dark Souls 2's biggest sin is being the first sequel to such a great game.
>>
>>387656384
>objective list turns subjective three words in
>>
File: 1501984858943.gif (3MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1501984858943.gif
3MB, 480x270px
>>387656030
he said three numb nuts
>>
>>387656553
Nonsense. I don't give 3 shit for not being as great as 1, neither do I think it's amazing just because it came after that trainwreck. Dark Souls 2 could have been called King's Field and it still would be garbage.
>>
>>387644229
>Dark Souls 1 is dogshit after Anor Londo
And Dark Souls 2 is dogshit all the way through.
>>
>>387646259
this
>>
The only way to play DS2 is as a mage.

It has the best magic in the series by far.
>>
>>387656683
Are you high man? Literally every single list of pros/cons is subjective. There's no such thing as an objective flaw. I've actually seen people defend the broken hitboxes of DaS2 because apparently this is the game's way to encourage you to increase your ADP and that is a good thing
>>
>>387657019
People don't give New Londo enough credit.
>>
>>387645963
I played it as my 2nd (3rd if you count bb) and I enjoyed it.
>>
>>387656030
How does it managa to look worse than Dark Souls?
>Inb4 someone posts majula
>>
>>387654994
I think what he might be trying to day I'd that anyone who enjoys the series probably doesn't legitimately hate ds2. Otherwise yeah, you're probably not going to like it.
>>
Dark Souls 2 is a mediocre game, and Bloodborne has all the same problems it has. I legitimately don't understand how people love one and hate the other.
>>
>>387657386
>if you enjoy the series you don't legitimately hate a bad entry
What kind of reasoning is that?
>>
File: 1351918187692.png (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1351918187692.png
446KB, 1920x1080px
>>387651782
Yes.
>>
>>387649000
>you might turn out to be one of the weirdos and spend your future making daily APOLOGIZE threads on /v/

kek
>>
>>387643170
>worst combat in the franchise, objectively worst level design, and lowest quality and depth of the lore
DS1>BB>DS3=DES>>>sotfs
>>
>>387649409

Bullshit. You could remove literally everything in DS3 besides the bosses and it would stillbe worth far more than DS2.
>>
>>387656384
not him but I also want to add to this:
>Levels feel like levels and not like actual locations like the rest of the soulsborne series
>game often relies on ganking without telegraph
>bosses are absolutely horrible (have to reiterate on this)
>DaS2 deadzone is completely restrictive, therefore, makes the whole game feel sluggish
>TWO DRAGONRIDER BOSSES

DaS 2 was a horrible dark souls game, but it was a decent standalone title
>>
>>387651782
It was fun. The gutter is also my favorite area to play through in base DaS2.
>>
>>387643170
>The Worst
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dh7nTM6D-GU
>Love this OST though
>>
>>387651082
>summon Felicia
>manage to trek through a chunk of the level
>get to the part where there are three archdukes and sorcerers covering them
>Felicia gets ganked and dies from soul arrows immediately
>eliminated the sorcerers and attempted to fight the archdukes
>get surrounded, stun locked and die immediately

Shrine of Amana was horrible for that part alone but the boss was the cherry
>>
Vanilla Dark Souls 2 >>>> Scholar of the First Sin

I just realized the other day that people who started out on SOFS will probably have even more reason to shit talk DaS2.
>>
>>387657425
Like what
>>
>>387659632

How did it make it worse?
>>
File: Frigid Outskirts.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Frigid Outskirts.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>387651082
Shrine of Amana is only the second worst location in the game tho. Pic related might very well be the shittiest area in any game I've ever played in my life, not just in DaS2 or the Souls series. If I had to list the top 5 shittiest areas in all Soulsborne games, 3 of them would be from Dark Souls II (Iron Passage being the third one). I think that's an accomplishment on its own.
>>
Personally, with the DLC Dark Souls III is the best in the series. Well maybe Bloodborne is slightly better but in the "Souls" series Dark Souls III is the best with all the DLC.
>>
>>387659858

How could I forget.

>Endless white bullshit
>Constantly harassed by infinite wave of enemies who don't exist until you aggro them
>All this to fight two of the nigger boss you fought at the beginning
>>
>>387660374
Please don't use such harsh words, they prefer the term Basketball Americans.

I loved Dark Souls as a serious, the whole "leaving messages for other players" thing made the game great. Don't give up, skeleton.
>>
i enjoyed both versions of the game
>>
>>387653227
>you are stinky
Why waste time showering when I could be playing vidya?
>>
>>387643540
I feel like you have.
>>
>>387651067
Doesn't happen in Dark Souls 2 which is the point.
>>
I enjoyed all four installments, almost equally. and there is literally nothing you can do about it. faggots.
>>
>>387651082
It's definitely better than Lost Izalith, Crystal Caves or Tomb of Giants.
>>
>>387660374
>How could I forget
Your brain probably blocked the memories. I literally cannot understand what the hell the developers were thinking when they made this area.
>Possibly the largest single open area in any Souls game. Literally requires like 5 minutes of continuous running to get through if you take the short way
>Practically zero visibility for 95% of the time. Getting through the area efficiently means that you just have to hug a wall while being blind
>Even when you see something, it's basically just white everywhere. Absolutely nothing interesting going on in the entire area
>Almost endlessly respawning enemies that are fast, powerful and resilient as hell
>Trying to kill all of the enemies on the way probably puts your weapon at near breaking point before even reaching the boss
>Trying to outrun them is out of the question without aid from phantoms as they're faster than you and will gank up on you if left alive
>No notable loot whatsoever even though the area is fucking huge
>Your prize for reaching the end is a lazy rehashed gank fight which is also one of the most frustrating and difficult battles in the series for all the wrong reasons
>No bonfires anywhere in the entire area, so if you die in the boss battle (and you're going to die unless you're an expert player) you're doing the whole thing all the way from the beginning
Like, I fucking dare you to name a worse area in any video game. It's like B team was TRYING to create the worst area they could ever think of.
>>
>>387656048
You can't have a shit build if you're going to enjoy any of the DLCs, for one.

Stone Ring is also recommended if you go in with anything smaller than a greatsword.
>>
>>387661567
But you didn't enjoy the best installment ever.
>>
>>387662483
I didn't?
>>
>>387662587
Bloodborne.
>>
File: 32683579.png (995KB, 934x854px) Image search: [Google]
32683579.png
995KB, 934x854px
>>387656384
>Lazy and cheap gank battles absolutely everywhere throughout the entire game. This becomes very annoying very quickly, trust me

Holy fuck. You can't be serious this in every fucking game in the series, and you're going to pin it against 2 exclusively which has much smaller groups than most of Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3.

The literal first street in Yharnam you get thrown into numerous tight groups of 4 villagers that are almost completely impossible to pull apart.

This shitty complaint is what gets annoying very quickly.

>The game in general feels like shit compared to DeS and DaS

DaS combat feels like shit outside the heft and response weapons give. Every fucking roll delays just by inputing on the stick beforehand, every damn enemy has at least one attack that completely outspeeds and outranges you, making it one of the worst Souls games to play shieldless, and 90% of the bosses in the game have lingering hitboxes which accomplishes the same shit ADP accomplishes.
>>
>>387659815
Hitboxes and ganks. They are nearly identical in this aspect.

Bloodborne also has low i-frames on quicksteps.
>>
>>387662006
>>387662006
I felt like my build was fine for a fun non-tryhard build. Faith with a dragonslayer's crescent axe and the bow of want to supplement miracles, which seems to kill stuff well enough. My problems are all stuff that really make my damage irrelevant though, like at one point I'm fighting an invader NPC which is cool and all, but the bitch runs away down a staircase. I go to follow him down and some faggots throw explosives at me, I use the ranged Force miracle to knock them off their platform and keep going, only to find that the place has an unavoidable curse effect throughout the bottom half of the area, and on top of that there are TWO (2) fucking cheap ass enemies that just auto-revive after they die forever, and they have ranged attacks with perfect aim that knocks me down even though some Havel gear, all while I'm trying to kill a fucking NPC invader while my health bar is draining to curse. Oh yeah, and the area is dark so I can barely see.

Like, did they need all 3 of those things in one small area? I can understand an NPC invader that runs away to heal, I can understand a forced curse area, and I can somewhat understand enemies that instantly respawn to stop you from just chilling out in an area forever.. but did all 3 of those fucking things need to be in a single room with a dark long-ass staircase?
>>
File: thatfuckingpapi.jpg (112KB, 550x584px) Image search: [Google]
thatfuckingpapi.jpg
112KB, 550x584px
>>387643540
>>
>>387662787
Like I said, I'll get a ps4 when it has some games worth playing. I wont buy a PS4 for bloodborne like I wont buy xbox for forza. not until they significantly drop in price anyway. I have loads to play on steam
>>
>>387664383
Fair enough, Bloodborne is so good though. I wish it did come to PC anyways because then it could be 60fps. It'll never happen though.
>>
>>387664136
That tower you're talking about was intentionally designed to make it difficult to reach the loot at the bottom. Not gonna say what it is, but that's the long and short.

Iron King isn't the strongest of the 3 DLCs by any means. People really only play to get to Fume and Sir Alonne, but the optional coop gauntlet area with smelterblu brings the quality down again.
>>
>>387648432
>the 0.001% decide how good the game actually is, not the 99.999%
>>
>>387658592
Ds1 has three asylum demons
>>
>>387661741
Lost Izalith a very big maybe, but Crystal Caves and TotG are leagues above it, and that's saying something
>>
>>387643170
Still my favorite Souls game.
>>
>>387665541
Same
>>
>>387665210
One is optional though
>>
As a coop fag I fucking HATED DaS2, but the Agape Ring cooled a lot of my autism. I actually had a fair bit of fun with SOTFS.
>>
>>387665726
And the first dragon Rider is optional also
>>
File: I am Jack's face when.jpg (193KB, 690x720px) Image search: [Google]
I am Jack's face when.jpg
193KB, 690x720px
>>387651082
>mfw playing through it pre-patch
>>
>>387651082
Shrine of Amana is literally the best vanilla level you immense fucking pleb
>>
>>387666003

No it's not you fucking mong. It's literally a corridor with wizards launching super homing soul arrows at you nonstop from disgusting range and they're all in the water surrounded by zombies that are also in the water. You literally slog through it and at the end there is a cheapo gank squad followed by one the shittiest bosses in the game.

Fuck you.
>>
>>387666128
SoTFS version is way better than Izalith and Tomb of Giants. Especially going in blind.

Sometimes patches can change people's perspective on things anon.
>>
>>387666128
>its litearaly a corridor
You are retarded. By your logic every DeS level is a corridor.
>>
>>387643170
>Does it get better?
no, game that came the closest to being like ds1 was salt and sanctuary and its half metroid

ds3 was alright, but too linear
>>
>>387666003
>bottom blighttown sans poison and level design
>best level
Well, I guess that speaks volumes about 2.
>>
>>387661548
LOL. Good joke.
>>
>>387667710
In what area is that a problem
>>
File: dark souls 2 level design.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
dark souls 2 level design.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>387667805
not that guy, but all of them. ESPECIALLY in the crown of the iron king areas with those stupid giants. Your attacks bounce off walls, but enemies don't. It's BS. Hitboxes in general were ass in DaS2.
>>
>>387667080
Oh yeah I remember all the dropoff points in Blight Town, and the torch mechanic being utilized was such a ripoff too.
>>
>>387667985
Not once do they attack through walls. You haven't disproved this.

Also, the scrub in this webm can't have more than 15 END. He's a retard and needs to respec.
>>
>>387667985
I never played the dlc but I never had problems with that
>>
>>387667985
>doesn't upgrade stamina or wear a ring for better stamina
>expects they'll be able to run fast enough to reach all of the speed-based optional content in the game

Please don't tell me someone on /v/ is this retarded. Don't tell me you think the character should be able to roll under gates either, your character still needs to be able to fit under the gate when standing or it invalidates the challenge of getting there fast enough. My character can very easily make this run while still keeping a little stamina left over, senpai.
>>
>>387667985
Not only does he not have high ADP but he's probably at 50% or more equipment load
>>
>>387668348

How the fuck can you defend that? Jesus you Soulsfags are beyond help.
>>
>>387648986
I don't understand this either. The enemy placement is also awful. They practically just place an enemy every 10m down a linear path.
>>
>>387668963
Because the game clearly communicated tons of enemies were coming out of the gates and he still ran through like an idiot.
>>
>>387668963
Because you can get past it easy by wear rings and taking off your armor
>>
>>387648593
Another minus is that the controls are clunky, slow and unresponsive even compared to DS1.
Try attacking in front of you and then immediately behind you.
In DS1 your character flips around on the spot, in DS2 he first has to turn around.
It's especially notable with somewhat slower weapons like whips where this results in your character attacking to the side first instead of behind him.
>>
>>387669263
>>387669248

He should be able to roll under the gate. There is enough room for him to roll through. It makes logical sense for him to be able to roll through it. Not some bullshit where he has to strip naked and have max ADP because the animation has nothing to do with what's actually going on.
If this were done by ANY other studio people would be savaging it, but because Soulsfags will eat any shit it's the guy's fault for the game not obeying basic logic? You're pathetic.
>>
>>387669410
2nd anon here he should have been able to roll under the gate I won't argue that but he could have made it if he was better equipped
>>
>>387669564

That doesn't matter. His equips don't matter. He should have been able to roll under the gate, period. There was visually enough clearance for him to roll under there twice, but the game was visually lying. There is no defending that, whatsoever. There is nothing anybody can say about equips or what he should have done. What happened in that GIF is 100% retarded and if any other game daring to be considered a triple A title pulled that shit you KNOW everybody would be laughing at it.

If they want you to have max speed to run through it why not make the corridor slightly longer? Would that have required too much competence?

I'm honestly just disgusted by this attitude in the Souls community, which is rivaled only by Bethesdaniggers, of defending this garbage no matter what, no matter how stupid and indefensible it is.
>>
>>387669820
I didn't defend it I just said he could make it if he was better equipped and his equipment does matter because it slowed him down
>>
>>387669820
I can't name one level in Souls period that intentionally rewards running through without killing any of the enemies.
>>
>>387669820
>If they want you to have max speed to run through it why not make the corridor slightly longer?
Because you don't need max speed, you need literally barely past the starting stamina. You also need to understand the game better than you do, that's a DLC only area reserved for after you beat 99% of the main game, there is no reason for anyone that doesn't understand the rolling mechanic to be that far in the game.
>>
>>387670108
>>387670138

That's not the point. The point is not what he should have done, or how he could have gotten through, or whatever. The point is, there was enough room for him to roll through the gate visually, so he should have been able to roll through.

>>387670184

Who cares? What is represented on the screen visually should reflect in the game. If anything all that shows is that the roll mechanic is shit.
>>
>>387643170
I'm new to the series as I played BB then DS3 before 2 but by the time I got to it 2 felt like a completely different game. Didn't know if it's like DaS or if it's the weird kid but it felt too restrained, slow, and clunky. It sucked, couldn't get past the first few hours.
>>
>>387670286
That is the point you triple nigger he was I'll equipped and so he wasn't fast enough the gate has a fucked hitbox but you can get past that by being better equipped
>>
>>387670461

He shouldn't have to be better equipped to overcome the game's fucked up shitty design. That's retarded, and anyone who defends it is retarded. You're retarded because you don't understand this.
>>
>>387670286
Are you the same anon that bitched the player couldn't get through the gate to Sen's Fortress because they thought they could go under it
>>
>>387670545

No, but if it's the same as this then the same complaint applies. Admit it, if this kind of shitty rolling mechanic/gate hitbox were in a game put out by Activision you would shit all over it. But it's Souls so "hurrrr gitgud hurrrr"
>>
>>387670534
>He shouldn't have to be better equipped to overcome the game

Biggest flaw in your reasoning, right here. It's an RPG. Anything you do, however small, will always affect how well you tackle the game.
>>
>>387670534
If you wear heavy armor in a challenge of speed it does matter you retarded quintuple nigger
>>
>>387670286
>a butthurt faggot is upset that some games are slow and deliberate instead of just twitchy reflex games, and is upset the game doesn't allow them to cheat under gates

What's next, are you going to complain that bullet hell games have inaccurate models and shouldn't let bullets pass through your character model without hurting you as long as they don't hit the specific pixels that count as your hit box?

You can't cheat under the gate with a roll because rolling isn't a maneuverability function, it's purely a combat mechanic to dodge attacks. There are no points in the entire game where you are allowed to roll under shit to skip sections of the game or cheat under areas, because as any player that made it to the DLC should already know rolling is not a puzzle element or a way to get in tight spots. It's for combat. If you don't like that, fuck off and go play your fighting games with pixel-perfect shit.
>>
>>387669820
>claim people who enjoy a game are horrible for defending their enjoyment because of reason A
>some anon explains why they don't feel reason A detracts from their enjoyment
>initial person throws a fit about apologists ruining everything
Jesus christ dude. These threads are here all day everyday. I don't even like 2 but you guys throw a fit over people defending their preferences like any normal person would
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
Is it one of these threads?
>>
>>387670664
>>387670692

Are you both retarded or do you not see that the guy has enough space to roll under the gate, but he's magically stopped by invisible forces because the roll isn't actually a roll? They could make the gate close faster, or have the hallway be longer, in order to account for the roll they themselves put in the game. Instead you have this lazy bullshit.

>>387670759

It's an action RPG, you have the ability to roll, people frequently roll in this game, they should account for the ability to roll and not just have invisible walls and you're just expected to deal with it. Imagine if you could not go through a door unless it was 100% open with the open door touching the wall because an invisible wall would suddenly generate if it wasn't fully opened. The game should visually make sense.

In bullet hells you are able to see the vulnerable area of your character as a glowing dot, so the visual information is accurate. Fuck off with your false comparison.
>>
>>387670640
>HURR GAMES SHOULD ALLOW YOU TO BREAK PUZZLES AND JUST USE COMBAT MECHANICS AS IF THEY WEREN'T MADE FOR COMBAT

The roll is a dodge move, fucking mongoloid. If you're rolling in order to get under a gate, you are playing the game wrong from a basic standpoint. Dark Souls is not a full-on platformer, it doesn't even have a fucking Jump button, you can only jump when running at a ledge. Are you gonna suggest the game is terrible because you can't jam your sword under the gate to stop it from closing so you can crawl through? Unfortunately you can't crawl in Dark Souls the way you crawl in your parent's house.
>>
>>387671018
THE GATE HAS A FUCKED HITBOX BUT IF HE WAS BETTER EQUIPPED THEN HE COULD OVERCOME THAT YOU RETARD I DON'T KNOW HOW ELSE TO EXPLAIN IT TO YOU
>>
>>387650997
Does anyone genuinely like Tomb of the Faggots?
>>
File: 1462055601390.png (107KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1462055601390.png
107KB, 320x287px
>>387671018
>Are you both retarded or do you not see that the guy has enough space to roll under the gate, but he's magically stopped by invisible forces because the roll isn't actually a roll? They could make the gate close faster, or have the hallway be longer, in order to account for the roll they themselves put in the game. Instead you have this lazy bullshit.

It should be obvious at this point but of course you have to be a pathetic shitposter.

Souls games aren't pixel perfect action RPGs. They use outdated collision systems and don't use polygon collision in most cases. Stop expecting shit from Dark Souls 2 that was never properly done in the series.
>>
>>387671186
I like that I can get though it in 5 minutes
>>
>>387665726
>>387665950
All of Heide's Tower and Fisherman's Warf is optional.
>>
>>387671158

I don't care about the equips, you retard. You admitted the gate has a fucked hitbox, which is what I was saying, so wtf are you even talking about?

>>387671208
>They use outdated collision systems and don't use polygon collision in most cases

So you admit it's lazy, poorly programmed shit? Good job agreeing with me.
>>
>>387671018
>In bullet hells you are able to see the vulnerable area of your character as a glowing dot, so the visual information is accurate. Fuck off with your false comparison.

Incorrect, in MANY bullet hell games you can only see your hitbox in some sort of Frenzy mode, meaning the hitbox is not always "100% visually accurate" as you want. Hell, some games don't have a Frenzy at all.

>It's an action RPG, you have the ability to roll, people frequently roll in this game, they should account for the ability to roll and not just have invisible walls and you're just expected to deal with it

So you're saying that the devs should change the mechanics of the game because literal retards like you can't comprehend that rolling is just a dodge mechanic that moves you further from your current position? Would you prefer they just had it be some Naruto flash-step shit that ruined the visuals of the game? Your Hokage would be disapointed in you, young ninja.
>>
>>387671265
Nearly everything before the chest-high pile of rubble is optional.
>>
File: Ironic Post.jpg (266KB, 750x850px) Image search: [Google]
Ironic Post.jpg
266KB, 750x850px
>>387671272
>if a game isn't pixel perfect it's shit

HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387671362
If you grinded to 1,000,000 souls then you don't need to even beat a single boss
>>
>>387671342
>So you're saying that the devs should change the mechanics of the game because literal retards like you can't comprehend that rolling is just a dodge mechanic that moves you further from your current position? Would you prefer they just had it be some Naruto flash-step shit that ruined the visuals of the game?

Then why do you faggots bitch about chest high walls in video games or being unable to jump a puddle or whatever the fuck?
Why do you faggots complain about those things nonstop but when a Souls game does it "waaaaaah it's a combat mechanic waaaaah Souls is a puzzle game?"
>>
>>387671456
It's almost as if there was more than one person on this board, and they had different opinions. I can't blame you though, the inability to see things from other perspectives besides your own is a classic symptom of autism.
>>
>>387671272
>>387671342
You've never been able to roll under objects in any Souls game ever. People just link that area in Brume Tower because it's easy to call bullshit on, despite the fact that everything in it is fine, and the player is largely at fault for thinking he can do something he's never been able to in a game that now has four entries.
>>
>>387671272
You got alot of shit eaters replying to you my man, just pack it up and go home, you're not going to convince them of anything in this regard, no other soulsborne game had that type of "puzzle" in it and it's inclusion was dog shit right out the gate, no pun intended, people defending it's mere existence and then saying that the man, who clearly has the ability to walk through the open gate is unable for reasons. The invisible wall is retarded and these anons are also retarded.
>>
File: 6wUVdbH.jpg (126KB, 500x445px) Image search: [Google]
6wUVdbH.jpg
126KB, 500x445px
>we'll never have a decent dark souls thread ever again
>>
>>387671585
Replying to yourself doesn't make you right, I clearly saw the unique posters count didn't go up when you posted.
>>
>>387671587
DaS threads have been pretty shit since forever. Before DaS2/3 shitposting was in style people still bitched, the only difference was that everyone would run shitters out of the threads with "git gud".

Now that the series is popular, there's just more shitters than there are people who enjoy the game. There's also the fact that the fanbase was just shit to begin with, and could never take criticism, which is why everyone bickers over which entry is the best.
>>
>>387671587
PC release of DaS ruined everything
>>
>>387670980
Metacritic scores only matter when its a game I like.
>>
>>387671736
It's a shame there's no cure for autism
>>
>>387671804
Only people that weren't around previous to the release say this.
>>
>>387671867
You mean people that were around.
>>
>>387671778

I've pretty much come to realize that you can't argue with DS fanboys because they're all completely deluded. Dark Souls is basically babby's first hard game, so the fanbase is made up of people who think they're among the elite for playing it and will defend it to the death, and blame any flaws the game has on you simply being shit at the game.

I remember way back when Dark Souls released I told people on /v/ about an input delay glitch in the game where you would be blocking, press the button to attack, and your character wouldn't attack and just remain blocking, then after 3-5 seconds start attacking. People pretty much just said "you're mashing" "stop mashing" "not real" "just wait for openings to attack so the glitch affects you less(?)"

Now you can google "Dark Souls input lag bug" and there's literally thousands of people reporting it. So it was clearly not "just mashing" or all in my head. But it shows what faggots the Souls community is.
>>
>>387671972
I remember when 360 was the scapegoat. Sonygs have to ruin everything, it's in their nature.
>>
>>387671559

If anything it's far more autistic to say that the guy should have stripped naked to lower his load stat and worn rings than to just say a man with 2 meters of clearance should have been able to roll under a door.
>>
File: 1502722624743.jpg (424KB, 1344x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1502722624743.jpg
424KB, 1344x1400px
>>387651996
>I prefer New Londo
New Londo is legitimately scares me. I have to get my shit together every time before I decide to visit there.
>>
>>387672238
Except not a single person claimed that. A single ring would have been enough, and if he didn't have the ring (which would require them be retarded because they're in the DLC already and must have passed 3+ rings that would do the trick) all they would need to do is take off some heavy piece of armor.

Better yet, they could have just put stats into anything that increases stamina or how much shit you can wear, AKA shit you should already have upgraded well before you reached the fucking DLC of the game.

It's a choose one situation where the retard refused to do anything and tried to brute force a puzzle. Might as well play a Zelda game and complain when you need to use your bow to shoot a symbol when your boomerang could also hit the target, even though you literally fucking just picked the bow up in the same dungeon.
>>
>>387672476

Holy shit you do have autism.
>>
File: 32556790.png (467KB, 995x789px) Image search: [Google]
32556790.png
467KB, 995x789px
>>387671991
You're still calling Dark Souls shit because you can't overcome the things you are complaining about it doing.

'Git gud' isn't just a fucking meme, people that are unable to overcome the game are where the majority of the complaints about the series have historically come from, and people who view the game highly ARE able to overcome these things consistently.

It's a fact. One that most people who can't get into the series can live with just fine, except for you, because you're fucking autistic. You have to routinely come into Souls threads on your own accord, and repeat the same shit over and over hoping that people will accept your opinion being shoved down their throat.
>>
>>387671972
Right.

>>387671991
The difference with Dark Souls games is that they're challenging, but they're perceived as if they were impossible. Most of Dark Souls' inherent difficulty comes from how god awful the controls are. Nameless King, for example, was touted as a brutally hard boss, but he's really only difficult because he punishes the game's god awful input queue and input delay on the roll.

He attacks, you go to roll, he delays his attack and hits you, but you already pressed roll a second time, so after his hit you roll and he hits you again, generally killing you. It's pretty much the definition of artificial difficulty. The fight isn't difficult because he's a difficult boss, per say, it's difficult because you have to get a feel for the game's input delay and then realize you can't actually hit the one ability that saves you from every other boss's combo chain in the same way.

If Nameless King were in a real action game, with well-made controls, he would be pretty easy.

>>387672027
Pretty much this right here. Even when DeS was the only game out, people would shit up threads with random excuses about grass and it would devolve into shit-posting wars over fucking nothing, like which world was the hardest.
>>
File: bait.png (22KB, 817x1264px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
22KB, 817x1264px
>>387672516
>they understand the basics of a videogame, they must have autism
>>
>>387672548

>"git gud" to overcome a glitch
>>
>>387672632
>blatant strawman

Do go on.
>>
>>387672632
Except it's not a glitch because it's never been acknowledged as one, it's simply part of the game at this point. If you wanted buttery smooth controls you picked the literal worst game of the decade.
>>
>>387672548
>You have to routinely come into Souls threads on your own accord, and repeat the same shit over and over hoping that people will accept your opinion being shoved down their throat.

I have not posted in a Souls thread since the release of Dark Souls, because after posting to tell people about/ask about a literal input delay bug, which has been proven to exist, the fans decided to tell me I was just mashing and to "git gud." All the stuff you said does not apply to me because I'm complaining about a literal bug and your response is to just go on and on about some machismo hardcore gaymur bullshit.

>>387672736

You're blocking. You stop blocking and press the button to attack but your character continues to block. Your character then stops doing whatever he's doing up to five seconds later in order to do the attack you inputted five seconds ago. How is that not a bug? Unless you're saying Dark Souls is in fact so slow that you have to plan your attacks 5 seconds ahead?
>>
>>387671587
Come join us at the Bloodborne threads, just avoid kinoposters and muh vials shitposters they're pretty comfy.
>>
>>387672867
>You're blocking. You stop blocking and press the button to attack but your character continues to block. Your character then stops doing whatever he's doing up to five seconds later in order to do the attack you inputted five seconds ago. How is that not a bug? Unless you're saying Dark Souls is in fact so slow that you have to plan your attacks 5 seconds ahead?

Dark Souls 1/2 ARE some of the slowest and most methodical action games of the decade, yes. You understand how and why this feature of the game occurs, so you have all you need to avoid it. Again, unless it's acknowledged as a glitch you need to let go of your bullshit terms and accept it as a plain and simple part of the game. Calling it a "glitch" won't remove it from the game, and it doesn't break the game, so just get used to it.
>>
Having played all of them multiple times, Dark Souls 2 is the one I would choose to play yet again
>>
>>387673017

Are you serious? I can't even tell anymore because I know the DS fanbase is so bad. Clearly having your input come out 5 seconds later is a glitch and you can't avoid a glitch. This is literally Betheda-tier.
>>
>>387651996
>I agree, 2 doesn't qualify as Souls.
I forget if it was one of you faggots who said it or if it (streamer who plays a lot of Souls games challenge runs) who said it but with Dark Souls 2 it's more like they were trying to make a King's Field game but it got turned into a Dark Souls game.
>>
File: default.jpg (8KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
default.jpg
8KB, 480x360px
>>387672867
>All the stuff you said does not apply to me because I'm complaining about a literal bug and your response is to just go on and on about some machismo hardcore gaymur bullshit.

You're full of shit. All I did was explain succinctly and as clearly as possible why the common response to complaints about the series are in regards to skill. It's because how well you are able to operate the games is 100% going to decide your enjoyment of the series. This is not an unreasonable fucking statement to make. It is not 'machismo'. It is not attacking YOU in any way whatsoever.

Stop taking it so damn personally.
>>
>>387673221

But nothing you said applies to me because I was talking about a glitch. A literal glitch.
>>
>>387673284
It absolutely applies because people who overcome these 'glitches' regularly are enjoying the game and those who don't, aren't. You being the latter.
>>
>>387672564
The thread was initially about Darksouls 2 being a steaming pile of shit and when someone provides an example of why, a bunch of retards say "NUHUHN, YOU JUST NEED TO GET GOOD." When the man could have causally walked another two steps and been past that fucken gate, he didn't even need to ROLL, he had two fucking meters of clearance to walk through an open and onoccupied gate, but a bunch of retards rather than looking at the fact that there was this unique inclusion of a hall way corridor in this specific game of this specific DLC that doesn't exist anywhere else in the series BECAUSE OF THE REASON THE PEOPLE SPECIFIED, THAT WHICH BEING THE GAME ISN'T MADE FOR THAT TYPE OF MANEUVERABILITY

Then yes, I can safely say that you have raging fucking autism, if you could provide a solitary example of a timed corridor like that in any of the soulsborne games, I'll eat my words, otherwise B team fucked up by including it period.
>>
>>387673349

Are you seriously trying to blame me for wanting games I play to not have input lag glitches where my attacks are delayed by 5 seconds?

lol
>>
>>387673174
Except you're arguing semantics. If a glitch is intentionally left in a game even after patches come out, it is no longer a glitch because it was left in by the developers. It's a shitty feature, but it's part of the game whether you want to argue semantics or not. Play around it or git gud.
>>
>>387673146
I consider myself a masochist but even I wouldn't go that far anon.
>>
>>387673350
Not him but you do seem pretty autistic. You're blowing your lid about people defending Dark Souls when it's exactly what you asked them to do.
>>
>>387643170
I unironically enjoyed dark souls 2 tho that second half was a massive hallway simulator.
Ask me anything.
>>
>>387673350
u seem upset, won't even read it because I can see the wall of capslock
>>
>>387673461
Are you seriously attempting another strawman on me? Fuck out of here
>>
>>387673541

Learn what a strawman is.
>>
>>387673515
>>387673476
it really gets the noggin joggin when both times you make a point about the post that both times they get conveniently ignored with no refutation

hmmmn....
>>
>>387673619
Learn how to stop changing my points into personal attacks and I will stop calling out your blatant strawmans.
>>
>>387673652
>won't even read it
>>
>>387671804
Yeah all those butthurt neverevers really ruined these threads after they ported it to PC.
>>
>>387673727

How is it a strawman to say that you are trying to blame me for not wanting games I play to have huge input lag glitches? That's what you're saying, you are saying my problem is I can't just "work around the glitch" and accept the glitch as a "feature" and have fun despite the glitch. That is what you are saying.

If you want to get personal I could just say you're either trolling or a fucking retarded Soulsfag.
>>
>>387673886
Its a strawman because you suck so much cock your brother died of AIDS.
>>
>>387674016

I feel bad for you, honestly.
>>
>>387674062
And I feel sorry for your family having to put up with such a whiny shit of a son.
>>
File: 1500098329677.jpg (49KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1500098329677.jpg
49KB, 354x352px
>>387673886
>How is it a strawman to say that you are trying to blame me for not wanting games I play to have huge input lag glitches?

Because I never blamed you for anything. I have gone out of my way multiple times to outright state that I am not.

It's a waste of my time to have to do that, just for you to accuse me of painting you some sort of way regardless.
>>
>>387674129

I accept your admission of defeat, soulsfag. You can imagine that I am as pathetic as you want; for it makes my victory over you that much more triumphant.
>>
>>387669820
And what if the player rolls under the gate and gets crushed by it? Do you kill the player? Force them underground? Force them through or back?
>>
ITT "it's not a bug, it's a feature."
>>
I enjoy dark souls 2 , but why is there a dark souls 2 is good or bad thread every single day
>>
>>387662983
I realize that this is 3 hours later, but all of the points here completely miss the mark. Those Gank fights like Yharnam are clearly designed around being gank fights; you have several different types of enemies that all go down in 1-2 hits that all have long recovery times and different levels of mobility and specialize in different types of ranged and melee combat, taking advantage of the fact that it's an actual group encounter by having enemies that all attack through different means and naturally spread out through their mobility, method of attack, and recovery times. Compare this to something like the hallway before Vestaldt, the path leading up to the ancient dragon, the path leading to the dragon riders, the lion warriors in the woods, or the enemies in Drangleic Castle where you have a bunch of identical enemies that are clearly designed to be one-on-one fights with high healthpools and short recoveries on attacks. It reeks of lazy design, where they just throw more of the same at you to create a challenge when they didn't have time to do something better.

This is the same reason why there's so much hate for Lost Izalith. The developers were running out of time, and instead of designing thoughtful encounters, they just threw more taurus demons or more dragon asses at you. The difference here is that this nearly all of Dark Souls 2, and one part of 1.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.