[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Games With Good Ideas and Shit Execution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Post games that have beautiful concepts and ideas but are fucking awful at getting them across to the player. Take pic related for example:

>Amazing graphics
>Introduces 2 new and fantastically simple character designs and the voice acting is cartoony and funny.
>Eggman is actually menacing and comments on your performance from stage to stage
>Excellent presentation
>Levels have wacky and wild obstacles that are interesting and challenging.
>Beautiful animations that establish the character personalities well
>Three Player Co-Op

Ruined all by the following:
>Handled by a fucking trackball
>T R A C K B A L L
>Can'r go anywhere, game just eats every goddamn quarter
>You don't even fight Eggman he just skadoodles the fuck out once you catch his acrofatic ass and activates the self destruct like a bitch and makes you fight the controls in order to not die.
>>
>>387641543
I always wanted to try this.
>>
1. You never played this game because its impossible to emulate
2. You dont know anything about game design

Saged
>>
Some god needs to bring this back to life and make a digital release.
>>
File: 1496204423201.png (92KB, 209x396px) Image search: [Google]
1496204423201.png
92KB, 209x396px
>>387643050
MAME can run it no prob though

true answer is that it's a fucking arcade game, of course they gotta eat your quarters
Can't have any bossfights too, as that would make players stick to the machine for too long
>>
>>387643572
Yeah but did you play it with a trackball like it was intended?
>>
>>387641543
>うわあああぁぁ!: the game

Good game design SEGA
>>
Never heard of this game before, thanks for the history lesson OP.
>>
>Trackball
But why?
>>
>>387641543
I played this game its original form at CAX 2016 and the trackball really does nothing special and ends up hurting your hand after a while.
>>
File: heh.png (2KB, 202x184px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
2KB, 202x184px
>>387641543
>>Introduces 2 new and fantastically simple character designs and the voice acting is cartoony and funny.

The yellow dude looks like that obnoxious always cheerful retard and the red one looks like that dude nobody cares about.
>>
>>387644018
There's plenty of videos on it and I got to try it during a trip to Japan. It just pissed me off a lot because I liked everything about it except for the fact I very well couldn't play it without getting sore or dying
>>
>>387643050
You can't do multiplayer in MAME but it definitely runs and can be played with a joystick (Doesn't help your controls much)
>>
>>387643050
nigga I played on my fucking phone and finished it get with the times old man
>>
>>387643448
It could work if they made it work as an appstore game with on-screen controls working like a trackball.
>>
>>387643704
I pet the arrow keys in the direction i wanted to go, is that close enough?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.