[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me why I should not play this game.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: T(y)ranny.jpg (63KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
T(y)ranny.jpg
63KB, 460x215px
Tell me why I should not play this game.
>>
>>387634031

it's shit
>>
Fucking boring
>>
It's like Pillars of Eternity except way worse in every department. The story sounds cool but it heavily railroads you (despite the pretenses of choices and consequences) into the chosen one bullshit. Also, it ends on a cliffhanger and they haven't even finished the game yet, adding in ridiculously expensive DLCs and expansions for mid-game content.

Play Pillars of Eternity instead, if you haven't. That's very clearly the series the A-Team at Obsidian is working on.
>>
>>387635607
Dunno, the story in tyranny got me more interested than Pillars.
>>
>>387634031
Made by Obsidians B team.
If that isn't enough get checked you may have a tumor that is halting higher brain function.
>>
>>387634031
>ending is rushed
>there is only 1 ending
>all your decisions lead to the same ending
>"evil" in this game means the "kicking a puppy" kind of evil
>there are only 2 companions that are mildly interesting

I'd rank that game lower than the new Torment title.
>>
>>387634031
how about you play it cuz its solid as fuck.
>>
>>387637258
yeah story's legit dope
>>
>>387638434
oh fuck off. what kinda evil would you be happy with? you sound like a pretentious gaylord
>>
not fun
played it for a few hours
>>
>>387638434
absolutely not. Tyranny has way better writing than Numenara, Numenara is some of the most pointlessly wordy garbage i've played in recent memory. It legitimately feels like a fangame.

Tyranny at least feels like it had writers that weren't inflating word count to hit a quota.
>>
>>387638759
Let me be Darth Vader for example.
"In a world where evil has already won" it should be fucking possible to be an evil guy who just serves the empire of what ever that bitch was called.
But no, we have to set up this shitty sequel bait, putting you in the same spot, no matter if you played your role, or tried to be a good guy instead.
Or just put some real grim shit into the game. I never had to make any hard decision while playing, something so awful that really makes me overthink things.
Its just a waste of an otherwise interesting setting.
>>
>>387634031

It's a discount buy. The game has an interesting premise and start, but gets more rushed and more generic as the game goes on. It feels like they were going to offer something ambitious but ran out of time to do it properly.
>>
>>387639074
stopped reading at darth vader. kill yourself you faggot manchild
>>
>>387638849
Every single bit of conversation between the two faction leaders is nothing but pontless shit, hopelessly trying to build up any kind of character.
Hearing about those dudes I got me interested, but the first meeting crushed every hope for an actually engaging plot.
>>
>>387639219
Its an example.
But sure, go ahead and suck some more obsidian black dick, ignoring all criticism.
>>
>>387634031
Flaws aside, it starts out strong and then falls apart after the opening of act II.

There is little enemy variety and many major mechanics; like the edicts or lawyering, are completely underbaked.
The story shits the bed and the character development goes nowhere.
Ending is rushed as fuck and the various player decisions throughout the game aren't deep enough to warrant another playthrough.
>>
>>387634031
You should. It's short as fuck for me (27 hours for a full pt), but still good.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.