[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Xcom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: xcom2_ttkp.jpg (343KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
xcom2_ttkp.jpg
343KB, 1920x1080px
What do you think of the xcom series?

I really like it especially since im a sci fi fan and i love games with aliens, also its pretty chill and i like that you can customize your charakter to your playstyle to a certian degree

You prefer xcom 1 or 2?
Personally i think xcom 2 is much better cause of the skill trees and because the management of your recources etc. Is much better

What classes you put on a full team?
I usually take 2 sniper 2 grenadier 1 ranger 1 medic

> currently trying to play through it on legend mode which is pretty hard and reloading takes forever

Any of you beat legend in ironman mode?

Also you know any other similar game?
>>
need nude snek mod
>>
>>387631790
I really want to start playing 2 again, and actually manage to beat it given I have a decent amoutn of free time before classes start back up.

However, I just saw that there is a fucking expansion coming out and now I feel like I'm playing half of a game. What do with this
>>
>>387631790
>What do you think of the xcom series?
Never played it. Tempted to start up XCOM: EU today as my first.
I'm a little worried about the BS hit chances though. "Tactics" games where you'll miss 99% chance-to-hit shots more than 1% of the time irk me.
>>
I prefer LW1 so that means XCOM1 I guess. XCOM2 took a weird turn in its design.
>>
File: 1335976871055.jpg (29KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1335976871055.jpg
29KB, 200x200px
It's a solidly designed game that managed to take what is essentially a vidya dinosaur and prove that old concepts and philosophies can thrive in the industry today.

That said, I do NOT care for it. There's just something about the gameplay that keeps me away from it.
>>
>>387631994
Yea i feel you, didnt even know yet thats nice so its basically a dlc ?

>>387632118
Yea thats true that seem kinda bullshit a lot of time, thats really annoying or when you stand directly infront of an enemy and dont have a 100% hit chance

>>387632191
I didnt really feel the design on missions changed a lot
>>
>>387631790
This DLC better suck my dick and make me a bacon sandwich for the price the devs are charging.
>>
>>387632647
In xcom2 the majority of missions were timed, which was the worst type of xcom1 missions. I didnt like the shift in alien design (from ugly monsters to neat cartoons) nor the shift in the overall feel of the story (humanity last defenders to underground ISIS wannabes).
>>
>>387632430
Yea thats true
Not sure if i would have played it if it werent also the scifi setting tho
>>
>>387632919
You make some good points actually and the story in the first was a lot better
Also always the same advent units in xcom 2 are kinda boring
But i kinda like the gameplay in the second better und i think they worked out some nice ideas
>>
I played the first one reluctantly, completely ready to hate it because it was a modern console remake of a classic I loved to death.

It turned out to be pretty good, especially with the expansion. I only really loved it after playing Long War.

Playing Xcom 2 at the moment and its good too. Eager to try LW2.
>>
>>387631790
I hate the fuck out of XCOM2
>Ridiculously aggravating enemy special abilities
>Timed missions
>Timed missions with no bonus for stealth, you still have to kill all enemies on the map, which will all be alerted once you complete an objective
>Bland art design
>Piss poor performance on the UNREAL ENGINE
>>
>>387633656
LW2 has a lot of issues that I don't know if have been patched yet. It's pretty good until you get these massive, RNG-based spikes in avatar project progress that can make you just insta-lose the game just through pure chance. I think they might have fixed that in later builds, but it was very annoying at first.
>>
>>387631790
>You prefer xcom 1 or 2?
X-com 1994
>>
>>387634267
I once saw a old dude play that game on the train when i was a kid looked pretty cool
>>
>>387633867
I think the art was ok it was just kinda boring honestly
>>
File: Henry _fuck brazil_ Parker.jpg (94KB, 949x727px) Image search: [Google]
Henry _fuck brazil_ Parker.jpg
94KB, 949x727px
>>387633426
Thats true. XCOM 1 was unbalanced mess. But as a LW fan, I was very disappointed with XCOM2. The devs were constantly talking about how they learned from LW, but there still were only 4 classes, only 2 perk choices and only 6 soldiers. The balance went in a good directory.
>>
>>387634867
Yea 3 perk choices would have been really awesome also i felt it was over really quick id have prefered more time between the missions but an longer overall game
>>
File: 1349940824832.jpg (113KB, 917x570px) Image search: [Google]
1349940824832.jpg
113KB, 917x570px
>>387634267
My man, nu-com is such shit.
>>
>>387632118

Thats why I shamelessly savescum. To bypass the RNG bullshit that happens sometimes.
>>
File: 1501644287682.jpg (5KB, 323x156px) Image search: [Google]
1501644287682.jpg
5KB, 323x156px
>>387637795
>There is a possibility of the shot missing
>It misses
Woah, bullshit, I deserve to savescum!
>>
File: TFTD.webm (461KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TFTD.webm
461KB, 1280x1024px
>>387631790

>You prefer xcom 1 or 2?

I prefer the orginals because i'm not a filthy casual
>>
>>387633867
>you still have to kill all enemies on the map
This aggravated me so much. We're supposed to be some outnumbered underdog terrorist force scrambling to complete these super-important objectives, but if I just complete them and extract it's treated as a total failure.
>>
>>387638714

>hit chance: 100%
>shot missed
>shot missed
>shot missed
>AI turn
>hit chance 3%
>critical hit
>hit chance 2%
>critical hit
>hit chance 4%
>critical hit

there's nothing wrong with RNG boys, I swear
>>
File: 1503045264209.png (547KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1503045264209.png
547KB, 720x1080px
>>387637795
>be bad at game
>savescum to remove any possibility of failure

Faggot, you should only savescum when the game bugs out.
>>
I thought the campaign in XCOM2 was expertly paced—there was always a sense of urgency without overwhelming the fun you were having. But LW2 with ini edits is where it's at (vanilla LW2 is way too stressful to be comfy).
>>
>got the new expansion for 10 dollars due to pricing error
>still dont own xcom 2
hope it gets discounted before it releases lol
>>
>>387639115
Get the EU aim rolls mod.

Vanilla aim rolls are fucked and pretty much guarantee crits for low aim rolls.
And since ADVENT spams low aim roll shots, they will eventually hit, and they will likely crit.
>>
IMO I found XCOM2 easier than XCOM1.

Maybe they made the RNG less bullshit in 2 to counterbalanced all the timed missions and overall more pressing map navigation.

The soldier customization from 2 is nice but I don't know I always felt like I was more attached to my soldiers in 1.
>>
>>387639115
If you actually savescum because you encountered the rounding error hit chance I would forgive you. But we both know yo uare savescumming because bunch of 70% missed.
>>
Much prefer the theme in 1 to the generic resistance bullshit in 2 . Music and gameplay were also much better (Not saying EU didn't have issues that needed fixed).
>>
I like all the options XCOM 2 has available, and the QoL stuff going on like the smarter overwatch shots, the ability to see LoS, and all the nice mods available.
But after playing both LW1 and LW2, I ended up going back to LW1. It feels more balanced, while LW2 has tons of options and unit power at the cost of everything being power creeped as fuck. Either you blow the enemy squad up in 1 turn with your cooldowns or you die from the ridiculous alien abilities.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.