[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I wanna start playing Path of Exile, any tips about the game?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Path_of_Exile_Logo.png (166KB, 460x300px) Image search: [Google]
Path_of_Exile_Logo.png
166KB, 460x300px
I wanna start playing Path of Exile, any tips about the game?
>>
Yeah.
Your first build will not be end game viable.
Your second build will not be end game viable.
Your third build will not be end game viable.
Your fourth build will not be end game viable.
Your fifth build will not be end game viable.
Your sixth build will not be end game viable.
Your seventh build will not be end game viable.
Your eight build will not be end game viable.
Your ninth build will not be end game viable.
>>
Just play grim dawn
>>
>>387631367
too poor to buy games atm
>>
>>387630950
follow a guide to a t
>>
Play the softcore current league, not standard. Don't play hardcore because if you die you get booted to standard, which is as good as being deleted anyway. Don't worry too much about your build because the game shits respec points all over you and you can grind for them later in the game. Vaal skills are great.
>>
Beware of scammers. People prey on newbies. The community is absolutely terrible because GGG won't make any changes to trade, so it's a whole lot of bots, scammers, scamming botters, price fixers, flippers and general shittiness in order for them to RMT.
>>
>>387630950
It's the stupidest fucking game it's just clicking enemy and pressing button all the fucking time BUT environment and monster sprite changes
literally just go play cockie clicker if thats your kind of thing
>>
>>387630950
Honestly, if you have to ask, you dont have what it takes to play an ARPG like PoE. You would have jumped in already and not fished for comments about it.

Your going to spend 30 minutes playing the game, wonder why it doesnt hold your hand like Diablo 3, and leave and make another thread.

dont bother
>>
File: BiGIM9m[1].jpg (416KB, 738x572px) Image search: [Google]
BiGIM9m[1].jpg
416KB, 738x572px
>>387631296
Whyyyyyyyyyy is endgame so fucking hard
>>
>>387632457
poe.trade essentially rendered the game easymode now. With some prudence, you can gear yourself well into the late 80 with just a handful of chaos, which you'll get playing naked into the late 60.

It's a fine f2p at its current state and contents, give it a wack.
>>
>>387630950
Just play Diablo 3 or Grim Dawn. F2P games are infested with all manner of human garbage.
>>
File: uWw4i7N[1].png (451KB, 1385x614px) Image search: [Google]
uWw4i7N[1].png
451KB, 1385x614px
>>
>>387630950
Have fun for the first few builds until you realize there isn't very much creativity to be had because of the blatant requirements of endgame. You're really just choosing which attack you'll spam and the survival gimmick you'll spec into and that determines which items you'll need. The most fun you'll have is when you're going blind.
>>
>>387632712
One day bro... one day'll we'll make it.
>>
>>387632928
This so much, fucking new players I hate them all
>>
>Have fun for the first few builds until you realize there isn't very much creativity to be had because of the blatant requirements of endgame.

This. I was hooked on this game when I first started playing. Just thinking about all the potential builds and different items and stuff to use. It was a really good feel. But then I found out after a while that there is a certain point in the game where you just cant play any further without some specific build with specific equipment. And thats around the time I uninstalled it.
>>
>>387630950
Don't.
>>
it's not a good game
>>
I don't understand these games at all

like you beat the game and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then you beat it at a higher difficulty and then
>>
>>387630950
Don't, the game is unplayable.
>>
>>387632712
because if it were easy then what would be the point
>>
It isnt that the game is hard, its the insane gear requirments for mapping. Its not fun past the campaign.
>>
>>387630950
If you are genuinely interested, then start by looking up a build guide. Simply do a google search of like "top 10 beginner builds" and pick one. Then follow the build to a T.

If you follow a build you can get pretty far without much struggling. Just whatever you do, don't try to go into this game blind. You'll just get frustrated and end up starting over. Yeah that's terrible game design, but it is what it is.
>>
>>387634334
Well PoE finally dropped the multiple difficulties and instead rolls up everything into a single 10 act story. After that it's just grinding random maps if you want to power up more.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.