[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ashes of Creation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

File: TxeEQ3kAkFfczDoeJasYY4.jpg (598KB, 1279x716px) Image search: [Google]
TxeEQ3kAkFfczDoeJasYY4.jpg
598KB, 1279x716px
future MMO that will blow your mind, you can forget about WoW because this is WoW Killer that we all waited, apologieze too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vut1tIsfoww
>>
>kikestarter

looks like shit, you should apologize for making this thread and wasting our time
>>
>Wow Killer

Who even cares at this point? MMOs are a dying genre.
>>
It's hard to get into a fantasy world that is first seen in an MMO man
>>
>>387628971
>Another fantasy mom with elves, magic and shit
dime a dozen
>>
>>387628971
That screenshot looks like Guild Wars 2
>>
>>387628971
looks just like every other kickstarter game. they show off pre-rendered gameplay and all the concept art but the product never fully comes out or if it does then it does a complete 180 like mighty #9
>>
>>387628971
Call me when it has a playable beta.
>>
>>387629250
Yep. WoW had the advantage of a well established world before the MMO in the RTS games, that's what got me into it.
>>
File: PS_Messages_20170627_004653.jpg (530KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Messages_20170627_004653.jpg
530KB, 1920x1080px
New mmos should stop trying to go for heavy graphics and revealing clothing
Go for fun fights, good music, rewarding content instead
>>
>>387628971
>Ashes of Creation
It sounds kind of interesting, but it'll go to shit since it's subscription based. Free to play screechers will bury it.
>>
File: 34_a43d982hd38.jpg (6KB, 250x202px) Image search: [Google]
34_a43d982hd38.jpg
6KB, 250x202px
>you can do whatever you like, whenever you want at any time wooaahh

We still have people falling for this sappy shit in 2017.
>>
>>387628971
they talk a big game and all these ideas but they show 0 in-game footage of how their ideas come into actual gameplay. all they show is CGI, cpncept art, and shitty edited footage of alpha gameplay. giant red flag like star citizen.
>>
>>387629663
go big or go home, f2p is for degenerates
>>
File: 1399207103932.jpg (122KB, 591x530px) Image search: [Google]
1399207103932.jpg
122KB, 591x530px
>>387628971
>WoW Killer
>>
File: oh shit.png (210KB, 256x1024px) Image search: [Google]
oh shit.png
210KB, 256x1024px
>>
>>387628971
isn't that the game with a $100+ beta key package?
>>
File: inspiron.jpg (85KB, 1170x903px) Image search: [Google]
inspiron.jpg
85KB, 1170x903px
Protip: if it won't run on grandma's Inspiron, then it's not a WoW killer.
>>
>>387629127

FPBP

>>387628971

This looks like shit OP fuck you for making me post to tell you how much of a faggot you are
>>
File: 1425096463533.jpg (10KB, 226x225px) Image search: [Google]
1425096463533.jpg
10KB, 226x225px
>>387630401
>grandma's Inspiron
>grandma
>inspiron
heh, right
grandma
>>
>>387628971
>Korean MMO
>ever being better than WoW
Hahahahahaahahahahaha holy shit
>>
>>387630401
this. the success to all successful mmos is that they're toaster friendly. WoW, Guild Wars, Runescape, FFXI/FFXIV, etc.
>>
>>387629663
hasn't hindered WoW and is hasn't hindered FF14
>>
>>387629250
THIS
this is why all these MMOs are dead on arrival

MtG is the only universe I can think of that can get people as invested in it as they were in WoW back in 2005
>>
>>387630784

Oh gee, let's see if there are any differences between the games you listed and Ashes of Creation.

Oh yeah, millions of interested players and established, powerful brand names from some of the most well-known publishers in video games. Oh, wow, I wonder if that affects the viability of a subscription model.
>>
>>387631217
>powerful brand names from some of the most well-known publishers in video games
that didn't stop xiv 1.0 from flopping hardcore to the point they had to rebuild the entire game and all the servers
>>
>>387630704
>FFXIV
>Toaster friendly
I love the game and play it every day, but its not well optimized to run on a toaster the same way as WoW
>>
Looks really good and I may just back it because of that video. Thanks OP.
>>
hopefully good but probably not.
>>
>>387628971
The node idea is pretty good but it just won't be enough.
>>
How to make an MMO that will beat WoW
>Sandbox
>Bad graphics, make up for it with artsyle
>Good artstyle despite technically inferior graphics
>No factions
>Player create all towns/cities except 1, which has all necessary facilities for players but player created buildings decay at a faster rate near it
>Crafting focused instead of Raiding loot treadmill lottery
>Raid/Dungeons drop exclusive ( really exclusive, not in the cash shop either ) cosmetics and high tier materials
>No instances either
>To prevent urban sprawl overtaking the map, buildings decay and need to be repaired and the decay rate increases the higher the density of buildings
>No classes, abilities are gained from Skills and must be equipped
>No generic fantasy races, but there are things such as vampirism, lycanthropy, lichendom that can be gained in the wilderness

How to fund it:
>Free to play servers
>Membership servers
>Cosmetics Cosmetics Cosmetics
>No XP boosters, no substitutes for crafting materials
>Literally just cosmetics
>Building/Architecture cosmetics
To prevent schizophrenic cities, players can match their buildings skin to other near by building skins, even if they personally did not buy that cosmetic. Matching cosmetics decreases the rate of building decay. Maybe add regional cosmetic availability and also decrease the decay for matching the regional cosmetic as well ( i.e. sandy style buildings in a desert )
>Clothing cosmetics
>Weapon cosmetics
>Skill and Spell effect cosmetics
>Particle effect cosmetics

World PvP:
>Similar to Runescape in that there is "Wilderness"
>Buildings disable PvP but the owner can re-enable it
>Higher building density increases the safety range
>Player "level" is based on a combination of item level and abilities equipped
>The farther you are from civilization the greater the disparity in levels that can be attacked
>All items drop on death, but there are abilities that can protect items
>>
>>387628971
Can somebody put the MMO genre out of its misery?
>>
>>387629618

>Big square

wow such great art
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.