[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 9

What went wrong?
>>
Kojimbo pissing away the budget on Hollywood actors and expensive dinners.
>>
>>387628921
>What went wrong?

nothing. one day retards will figure out that everything they complain about was part of the phantom pain.
>>
>>387628921
beyond the kooky kojima humor with the over dramatic scenes and whatnot, I thought it had solid and enjoyable gameplay.

Needs a PUBG mod
>>
/v/ expecting another linear, filled to the brim with anime humor and exposition movie
>>
>>387630774
>Needs a PUBG mod
oh gosh, this

I was expecting MGO to be this, by the way. Big fucking levels with all those fun weapons to play with.
>>
>>387631359
All of afghanistan to explore, with different special abilities and a sehelanthropus to steal somewhere... It's already ready, just needs the character customization and matchmaking.
>>
>Directed by: Hideo Kojima
>Written by. Hideo Kojima
>Screenplay by: Hideo Kojima
>Design by: Hideo Kojima
>A Hideo Kojima game
>>
>>387631709
to his credit (again) there were a shitload of other 'writers' in most missions.
>>
File: smuggest.png (310KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
smuggest.png
310KB, 390x600px
>>387631709
>his face when
>>
>>387631772
There should have been more. Kojima's a fucking retard.
>>
>>387631867
>Kojima's a fucking retard.

that's why we are posting here, baby! haha
>>
>>387631709
>A Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima Game directed by Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima written by Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima featuring screenplay by Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima
>with Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima favorites Hideo "Hideo Kojima" Kojima's waifu Stefanie "Hideo 'Hideo Kojima' Kojima's waifu" Joosten
>Guest starring the Parasite Unit
>>
>>387632089
>Parasite Unit
ffffffffff
>>
>struggling to finish a game you've been working on for 5 years
>decide to make Zone of the Enders 3 at the same time
>decide to make Silent Hills at the same time
Did he really think this was a good idea?
>>
>>387628921
Characters having zero development.
>>
>>387628921
I never played Metal Gear before and I liked it. Want more sandbox shit to do and I'd play it even more
>>
>>387628921

Chapter 2
>>
>>387628921
Not enough Joost.
>>
>>387628921
People like op were trying desperately to feel superior by shitting on it instead of just experiencing it.
>>
>>387628921

>Wait in helicopter
>Sprint for 600m
>Scope out enemies
>Headshot everybody with tranq gun
>Repeat for 500 missions

The most repetitive, mind-numbingly thoughtless game made in decades.
>>
>>387633210
Well, why do you use the tranq gun then? I go full lethal only, if the stealth fails then I go guns blazing
>>
File: DisgruntledMayoi.jpg (177KB, 569x525px) Image search: [Google]
DisgruntledMayoi.jpg
177KB, 569x525px
>>387633210
>He uses the WU pistol like a casual
>>
>>387633210
>game is specifically built to facilitate experimentation, adaption and general sillyness with all the tools at hand
>people with an absolute lack of imagination play the game the same and only way as when they first started and wonder why it feels repetitive

every time. Go play the older titles if you want your hand held and your cock pulled through the whole game
>>
>>387632969
>you didn't EXPERIENCE it properly!!
>a post written by Hideo Kojima
>produced and directed by Hideo Kojimja
>>
VOCAL
CHORD
PARASITES
>>
>>387628921
MGO3 sucked
>>
File: b65u7gug6f5u7.jpg (9KB, 248x251px) Image search: [Google]
b65u7gug6f5u7.jpg
9KB, 248x251px
>>387633745
>game is specifically built to facilitate experimentation, adaption and general sillyness with all the tools at hand
>every mission goal is the same, to fulton the target
>>
>>387633608
>WU pistol
>casual
Are you retarded?
>>
>>387633503
>>387633608
>>387633745
I'm not gonna limit myself because Kojima doesn't know how to design a game. Get fucked.
>>
>>387628921
>WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
File: d-dog.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
d-dog.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>387633745
You run out ways to experiemnt when every single encounter is the exact same. There was not one well designed facility to infiltrate in the entire game.
>>
>>387633982
You're limiting yourself by sticking to the tranq pistol, try turning reflex mode off as well
>>
Story was underdeveloped and Skull Face was completely ruined by nonsensical bullshit like the 8 minute car ride where you just stare at him cordially.

Beyond that the game itself is amazing, one of the best stealth stealth games yet made.
>>
>>387633887
It's a stealth game, what kind of missions do you want? Tactical Gwent Operations? Cooking minigames?
>>
>>387632969
>just experiencing it
There's the problem, though. If you do just experience it, like I did, you'll see missed and wasted potential galore, and once you see two or three examples of genuinely bad writing that fucks up the whole rest of the suspension of disbelief, you'll see that MGSV -- though a decent game -- is monotonous, heavily padded, and in regards to story: Unfinished.
>>
>>387628921
>/v/ constantly shitposts about how modern games are all linear cinematic corridor simulators that try to be movies instead of games
>Kojima turns MGS from a linear cinematic corridor simulator into a fun open ended sandbox game with a focus on gameplay over story
>/v/ hates it
>>
>>387634061
OKB Zero, the two villages in Phantom Limbs, Mfinda Oilfield, Devil's House and the area leading to it, Code Talker's Mansion and the jungle area around it, these were all well designed just as much as Camp Omega.
>>
>>387634247

Metal gear was a great linear experience tho. Thats what the series was known for.
>>
>>387634247
>unfinished, half-hearted story that's awkward even by MGS standards
>bland open world (of two locations) with virtually nothing between points of interest, no interesting events in the field, and a botched fast-travel system
Wew
>>
>>387634247
MGSfags delude themselves into thinking they're above proles who slurp up shit like Uncharted or the Last of Us, of course they'd find the idea of sandbox stealth boring when they lack the imagination to take advantage of it, they just want cutscenes
>>
>>387634427
Cardboard box traveling was pretty slick.
>>
>>387628921
I just love the fact that Kojima managed to piss off a lot of weebs while also pissing out one of the best game I've ever played.

it was a win win for me, no complaints here.
>>
>>387634427
The worst part about the story is that it barely fits into games that happened before it and after it, like every time an old character appears you're just left screaming "NO! Go away why the fuck are you even here? What purpose do you serve!?"
>>
File: BOSSSS.jpg (6KB, 242x208px) Image search: [Google]
BOSSSS.jpg
6KB, 242x208px
I just played peacewalker as my first metal gear I've also played rising on the side, playing MGS2 next, what should I expect?

>inb4 play mgs1
I got the HD collection on sale and dont really care much for ps1 games unless its silent hill 1 or resident evil 2 that will never get remastered and I read summaries of both MGS1 and MGS2 and they're basically the same plot from a developer who is a failed movie director that people worship too much.
>>
>>387634826
>both MGS1 and MGS2 and they're basically the same plot from a developer who is a failed movie director that people worship too much.

nice bait, but you are right the first two games are outdated as shit and worth playing if you like anime plots and dialog.
>>
>basically no boss fights
>no indoors sections
>copy pasted environments
>enemies don't chase you making open world pointless
>complete garbage story
>fulton balloons
>>
>>387634826
>I played the worst MGS game and I don't want to play the best MGS game give me advice
kys
>>
>>387635118

The sally boss fight alone was the best human vs metal gear fight ever. MG Rex can suck a dick.
>>
>>387635356
>take LMG and infinity bandana (could do it easily without it too)
>just shoot at it until it dies, any mechanics are pretty much pointless
Anyway, finding out silly ways of how to kill Sally was pretty fun tho.
>>
Repetitive gameplay is my biggest complaint with the game, the second is the unfinished story.
1. Every single mission in the game is the fucking same, fulton this or destroy this. People praise it for the amount of gameplay options but there were no areas where you are forced to not rely on one method and another is more useful. Literally the only reason not to tranq everyone is to challenge yourself.
2. MGSV defense force says people were just butthurt that the game wasn't a cinematic experience, but that's a valid complaint because that's the impression the game gave off from the trailers.
>>
>>387635594
>cinematic experience
videogames are not movies, cocksucker.
>>
>>387635118
Quiet, Man on Fire, Eli, Skulls, Sahelanthropus.
>>
>>387635594
>that's the impression the game gave off from the trailers
Kojimbo threw just about every cutscene in the game into those trailers.
>>
>>387628921
I wonder what it'd be like if it wasn't held back by 7th gen or even consoles for that matter. The AI is still just as dumb as the past games so all the tools you're given to use and sandboxes to play don't really get their due diligence. It's a really ambitious game mechanically albeit heavily flawed.
>>
Taking a big steaming shit with online only content in the single player game, then smearing it around with microtransactions and turning NG+ rewards into DLC.
>>
Kojima is a procrastinator and a fraud. Spent more time oogling at TV celebrities than working on the game, it went over budget and schedule, Konami was already in dire straits and had to shut it down and release whatever.
I wonder for how long Sony can support his daydreaming ass without crashing and burning. Their finances aren't exactly stellar.
>>
>>387635742
There was more cutscene in those trailers than in the game.
>>
>>387634112
The Lust Whoman Uber Ride was a bizarre low point, but I think Skull Face in general turned out better in TPP than GZ made it seem. He still isn't a great character, but there are aspects of him that are pretty interesting.
>>
>>387634826
>play PW first then V
you're fucked up, you should play 3 first at least
>>
Nothing went wrong. Fanboys are too upset over their Rots fanfiction. Gameplay was perfect.
>>
>>387630220
caramel pls go
>>
>>387635678
Never said they should be, that's just some retarded boogeyman kojima cocksuckers made up to blame MGSV hate on.
>>
damn, MGSV threads are guaranteed (You)'s I should start making more of these.
>>
>>387634247
>a fun open ended sandbox game
It's neither fun nor open ended. Try harder.
>>
File: 1408519756424.png (517KB, 519x642px) Image search: [Google]
1408519756424.png
517KB, 519x642px
>>387635930
I remember when MGS threads were fun

Now they are pure dogshit
>>
>>387634467
They're not MGSfags at all, they're kojimadrones who started the series with MGR. MGS fanboys like me don't appreciate all the bullshit that came with V.
>>
>>387635930
>MGSV threads are guaranteed (You)'s
That's because the fanbase suffers - of course - a phantom pain.
>>
>>387636118
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>>
>>387636178

Words that kill
>>
Wasted opportunities galore.
Infinite Heaven alone adds so much shit that could have easily been added, but wasnt.
>>
>>387635594
>Literally the only reason not to tranq everyone is to challenge yourself.

Have to say this was a big one for me. They give you literally the best gun in the game, at the start, and pretend the 5,000,000 different weapons you can develop from there are any better than just upgrading that one gun.

I sort of want to replay the game, relex mode turned off and not using that stupid gun. Feel like it would be much better experience
>>
>>387637231
>toggle HARD difficulty from menu, it regulates the usable wargear for you
WOOOW SO HARDCORE!
>regulate your wargear yourself for extra challenge
Oh my god this sucks what the hell shaking my head family!
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.