[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should i get Stalker?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 15632503515748.png (24KB, 559x484px) Image search: [Google]
15632503515748.png
24KB, 559x484px
Been thinking on getting it for a time.
Should i use mods right away or go vanilla?
>>
>>387628756
For a first playthrough, only mods that doesn't change the vanilla experience, you'll need some for the bugfixes. Generally someone will post the guides here but if not there should be a general on /vg/ with useful infos.

Don't listen to people telling you to use the "Complete" mods though.
>>
>>387628756
Pirate it. Play it, see if you like it and then decide whether or not to buy and support what's left of GSC today.
Also, like the other anon said, don't use Complete, ever.
>>
>>387628756
Nigger, you made a billion threads, just get it already.
>>
File: 1502695221562.jpg (2MB, 960x1014px) Image search: [Google]
1502695221562.jpg
2MB, 960x1014px
Stalker is flawed gem with a LOT of issues and pretty bad early game (all three of them, though I'd argue the first is worst in actually introducing you to the mechanics), so don't be shocked if it does not sit with you well at first.

Best mod pack for first playthrough is called Stalker Starter Pack 2017 (there is a version for each three games, but start with SoC like all normal people do).
Starter Pack is mostly bug fixes and textures, it does not actually significantly alter the gameplay. It's just vanilla except looking sharper and less buggy. Make sure that the "sleeping bag" option is turned on once you install.

If you don't trust the texture packs and shaders it includes (or if you run on an absolute toaster), then at least get Zone Reclamation Project.

Starting tips:
1) Turning off the crosshair is a must. It's not just an immersion thing: having crosshair on might delude you into thinking that is where your hip-fire bullets will go. They won't.
2) Cranking up the difficulty as high as you can bare is advised. Stalker is supposed to be threatening.
That said, people who claim that it's easier on Master than on the lower ones are lying. Playing on master is ONLY good to ensure the game is consistently threatening.
3) Don't use auto on rapid-fire guns. Stalker has some weird gunplay rules, and one of them makes hits in very short succession deal less damage. Switch to semi-auto or single shot, time out your shots a little.
4) the bullet reduction on anything but head-shots is riddiculous. Aim for the head. Otherwise you might as well be tickling enemies.
5) ALL WEAPONS IN FIRST TWO OR THREE AREAS ARE SHIT. It's not the gunplay being bad. It's the game just giving you shit weapons. Trust me, it gets a lot more fun once you get Strelok's rifle.

Play preferably with headphones, in the dark, never rush anything, always watch your step, be patient, and get ready for the games all losing a bit of momentum towards the end.

Good luck out there.
>>
>>387628756
I played it for 3 hours and yeah its a pretty good game
>>
SoC with AMK plus magazines mod and the bugfix mod is the most fun singleplayer thing I've ever played. I have over a thousand hours in it.
>>
>>387630046
>semi-auto or single shot
Nigger you what.

Otherwise good advice.
>>
>>387631201
Wait. Are you telling me that you were actually ever using full auto in stalker? Ever?
>>
>>387630046
OP here...
How much of a toaster are we talking about?
Cause my pc is third world-tier
>>
>>387631320
All of the games have DX8 support, so they can, technically, run on very old machines.
>>
>>387631320
Well, Stalker was pretty demanding for a 2007 game.

Seriously, you should not have a major problem. I can't really give you specs or anything, but I'd go with full Starter Pack and see how it runs: even with a low tier hardware it should not be a real problem. If it chugs, just delete the mods and install ZRP alone.
>>
>>387631283
I'm not talking about that.

But semi-auto and single shot is literally one same thing.
>>
>>387631545
Oh yeah. Burst. My bad.
>>
File: 1499500704820.jpg (7KB, 174x175px) Image search: [Google]
1499500704820.jpg
7KB, 174x175px
>>387631463
>deleted
>>
File: 1428088700765.png (245KB, 900x851px) Image search: [Google]
1428088700765.png
245KB, 900x851px
>>387631593
Namefagging isn't anything new.
>>
File: 12523152321355123.jpg (46KB, 746x960px) Image search: [Google]
12523152321355123.jpg
46KB, 746x960px
>>387631782
I know, just wanted to post that.
>>
I just started playing this myself, and I keep being over-encumbered. I had to remove my shotgun and all the ammos, but I'm still around 50 all the time. Can you carry more stuff later into the game, or is 50 always the max?
>>
>>387630046
Fuck you, early game is the most enjoyable part of the game.
Struggling to survive with your shitty as peashooter pistol, getting your sawn-off...

I get fuckin bored of the game when i have everything upgraded and i am become death, destroyer of the worlds...
>>
>>387631880
I usually edit the max carry weight to 100-ish, i agree there should be a limit, but i want to be able to loot more than two additional weapons to sell before getting slow as fuk
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.