[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the RNG have a place in it or should guns be 100% accurate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: csgo.jpg (10KB, 344x146px) Image search: [Google]
csgo.jpg
10KB, 344x146px
Does the RNG have a place in it or should guns be 100% accurate?
>>
They are 100% accurate. Bullets go exactly where the gun is pointed.

Post CSGO bingo, close thread.
>>
>>387628415
Are you actually silver or am I retarded for not getting the "joke"?
>>
>>387628326
They should be 100% accurate but fire projectiles.
>>
The RNG give an effective range for certain weapons (along with damage falloff, which is higher for smaller-caliber weapons) and is a part of weapon balance.

So for example the UMP and the FAMAS both kill with 2 shots to the head and are cheaper than the M4s, but CTs will still typically buy the M4 because it's a much more accurate weapon with easier to control recoil.
>>
>>387630024
You know what else gives an effective range for weapons WITHOUT bringing RNG into the equation? Projectile speed.
>>
>>387630208
At CS map sizes any realistic feeling projectile speed or dropoff isn't going to matter unless you made them all dribble dick guns.
>>
>>387628326
this game has much worse problems than rng
like lag compensation that you can't turn off and weapon balance.
>famas is STILL BROKEN
>>
>>387628326
RNG will always play an important role in keeping games fresh and interesting. Without any sort of RNG (including virtual RNG) games would lack any sort of risk/reward. You'd just use the most efficient uncounterable tactic and it'd be over. With the addition of any amount of RNG you increase the skill ceiling astronomically because you need to understand risk/reward and choose the right tactics to increase your win %. RNG is super duper important for the success of a competitive game
>>
>>387630830
Why do you think the famas is broken?
>>
>>387630024
Wouldn't it be a better choice to increase the damage falloff on weapons like the famas and increasing recoil of all the guns but get rid of RNG?

>>387628891
Unfortunately the source engine can't handle that.
>>
Theres RNG in real life sports and games too.
>>
>>387631207
Chess has no kind of RNG and there is no such thing as "efficient uncounterable tactic".
>>
>>387631245
burst fire mode has too much recoil and it kills the whole gun it might as well be replaced with i dunno maybe FAD
>>
>>387631402
How is there RNG in real life sports?
Physics (leave quantum mechanics, nuclear physics etc.) are perfectly calculatable last time I checked.

As for games it depends. Something like poker has it of course, others don't.
>>
>>387631736
i mean famas burst fire should have no recoil at all but should have some small random spread to balance things out
But i guess it's too much work for those three people at valve that actually care about CSGO. It would require some actual knowledge on the subject.
>>
>>387631494
You are a noob. Chess does in fact contain some RNG. You can't truly with 100% certainty know every single answer to every single move and you can't account for player error and mind games. There is still RNG.
>>
>>387631748
Ahahahaha yeah alright buddy. Try taking into account random wind changes. Anything can happen. There is no perfect play for humans because humans aren't perfect. Without RNG games would not only be boring and 100% predictable but horridly unbalanced
>>
>>387631207
maybe in singleplayer games you fucking slag.
>>
>>387632903
Player error and mind games is not RNG at all though.
>>
>>387633257
>>387632903
>>387631494
GoodChess has RNG
>>
>>387632998
>Wind changes
The lenghts you go to to justify your argument ... It is not even random as it can be calculated with the right knowledge. It is not RNG based. As isn't muscle contraction.

>Anything can happen
Yes of course a fucking nuke could go off the exact same moment. But that is a little besides the point, isn't it?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.