[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

NieR: Automata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

I just got into this a few days ago, played about 6-8 hours.

And I've gotta say, aside from the OST and the bossfights, what's good about the game, let alone excellent? The visuals are immensely boring and copypasted all over the place. The world is empty save for shitty pickups.There is a fuckton over empty areas for no good reason. Sidequests give you no indication of what level they are, so you might end up crossing the map for an enemy that's 20 levels above you. All the sidequests are either shitty fetch quests or meme minigames. The story itself doesn't seem to have any depth beyond 'ai have feelings????' and typical anime conversations with npcs and banter with 9s/2b. The combat system is incredibly repetitive and simple, can't hold a candle to Bayonetta or DMC.

Does this get better? I honest to god don't get what the praise is about. It's a decent game to waste some hours on, but nowhere near the masterpiece people say it is. Am I missing something? Are people just fucking weebs and pretending it's a masterpiece because it has pixel ass in it?
>>
>>387626459
A shit secondary like you wouldn't understand what's good about it.
Fuck off.
>>
>>387626459
>Are people just fucking weebs and pretending it's a masterpiece because it has pixel ass in it?

answered your own question

pretentious story
anime protagonists
ass
japanese

all these things make weebs hard. Yoko Taro simply combined all 4.
>>
>>387626459
>And I've gotta say, aside from the OST and the bossfights, what's good about the game, let alone excellent?
Nothing. The world, quests and enemies looks and works the same, garbage tier.
>>
>>387626459
Are people just fucking weebs and pretending it's a masterpiece because it has pixel ass in it?

you win the jackpot OP

still a nice game tho, happy i purchased it.
That being said, which DMC should I play?
I only got into hack n slash games recently.
already played MG:R, Killer is Dead and bought Chainsaw Lollipop, but haven't played it yet.
>>
>>387626616
I don't even know what means.

I'd love to know what's good about it.
>>
>>387626459
You won't know if you like or dislike the story until you've cleared the first three routes, any judgement before that either way is premature.
>>
>>387626790
Play the game then, fuckup.
>>
>>387626459
Is anyone really calling the game a masterpiece? It's a good game but it's far from a masterpiece.
>>
>>387626783
All except the reboot.
>>
>>387626909
ok
>>
File: 1449038979793.jpg (16KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1449038979793.jpg
16KB, 250x250px
>>387626892
Is toobie your waifu or something? Relax
>>
>>387627016
Nigger, you don't even play her for most of the game.
>>
>>387626894
>Is anyone really calling the game a masterpiece?

You should have been here when the game released
>>
>>387627206
Oh, I see

9s is your husbando
>>
>>387627260
S-so what
>>
>>387627260
>>387627310

I want 9S do be dommed by Adam
>>
>>387626894
All I can find online is people saying it's the greatest game ever made.

I just don't get it.
>>
>>387626459
Don't sweat it, you weren't born with enough brain cells for it.
>>
Play at least 50 hours
>>
File: 1263658987794.jpg (7KB, 205x241px) Image search: [Google]
1263658987794.jpg
7KB, 205x241px
OP starting to realize /v/ will eat shit from anything as long as its from japan and has one decent looking character.
>o-oh I have to beat the game 10 times to get the real ending? Wow so revolutionary thank you chink overlords!
>>
>>387626459
>6-8 hours
So you're at what, amusement park? Ayys?
>>
>>387628615
>>387628465
Is playing 50 hours going to change anything I said in the OP?
>>
File: 1490734989084.png (530KB, 625x790px) Image search: [Google]
1490734989084.png
530KB, 625x790px
>>387626459
>what's good about the game
the wild ride
>>
>>387628252
>>387626894

the game is good at representing itself as something greater than it actually is.

I constantly plays with your expectations and surpasses them.

Even if you know that a certain plottwist is coming, it still manages to up it. Or atleast present it in a overly dramatic presentation that is subtle enough for you to be invested.

When I finished the game it was my personal 3rd favorite on my list.

However, as time went on I realized all the negatives the game had, many of which OP described.

As an anon once said:

>I enjoy Taro's game
>but I wouldn't play them a second time
>>
>>387628735
Goliath just exploded, haven't gone down there yet.
>>
>>387628763
Don't listen to them. If you don't like the game after 8 hours of playing, you won't like the game 32 hours later
>>
>>387628861
He said he likes it
>>
>>387626459
It's enjoyed because it's pretentious. You'll realize this about weebs eventually. They're intelligent, but immature and have little influence over things, which makes them arrogant and think they ought to be considered more seriously. The things they like tend to reflect this or prey on this aspect of them.
>>
>>387628837
These excuses are pretty similar to when people defend the last of us' shitty story.
>you can predict the story, but its so good that it dosent even matter
>what you dont understand? You just must not be thinking enough!
>>
>>387628763
Finishing the story for once, then getting the self awareness lore real hacc hours and then getting the actual conclusion.
>>
>>387628927
I'm sure your taste is so superior.
>>
Everything about the presentation in Nier Automata is amazing
Music, bossfights, characters, story and cutscenes
The robots in the Amusent Park, the robots that play Romeo and Juliet, the cannibal robots, the cult robot, Pascal childerns etc etc, all of them acted so unique and it surprised me every single time
The music has Amusent Park, The Weight of the World, etc..one of the best soundtracks in video games

But sorry to say I have to agree that the gameplay itself was very, very weak
It has the worst side quests ever too
>>
>>387628946
never plaayer the last of us, so I can't give you an input on it.

also, it ain't excuses, just an explanation.
I basically said why normies tend to overhype this game.
>>
>>387626459
>what's so good about this game except the things that are good
>>
>>387628914
I like it, but I'm really struggling with making myself play it. It's like 10 minutes of a really good part, and the rest is just filler.

The whole game just feels like that.
>>
>>387626459
The world is pretty small, not sure why people why people nitpick about it. Its closer to a Hub area than a open world proper
Also levels dont play a role that big, i easily fight off enemies 10-15 levels above me without much problems.
I guess the combat isnt as fluid as DMC, but that was a given. I like the "third person shooter bullet hell" twist in the gameplay.
>>
>>387628848
Enjoy fighting snakebots in that crater :^)
>>
>>387629096
>I can read but cannot understand

he asked why the game is considered a masterpiece by many. not that the game is bad.

In order for a game to be a masterpiece it must be a solid 10/10 in all apsects
>>
>>387626459
It's a game that presses certain buttons that only a few people have.

Drakengard and the first Nier was unpopular for a reason. It's not for everyone. and aside from the combat being better, Automata really is not that different from the first Nier. If you don't care for the tropes they're playing with, the story they're trying to tell, the themes they're pushing, or the concepts they're playing with, be it mechanical or otherwise, you're not gonna like it. And that's fine. The people that liked this series like it because it caters to them, it pushes the buttons that they enjoy, but it also ignores a lot of aspects most people like, or even would consider essential.
>>
>>387629020
Don't get mad. You know I'm right.
>>
>>387626459
It's moderately deep story would have been interesting if it wasn't hyped as some deep masterpiece, it just apes other, better sci fi. Also the game play sucks shit and Japanese people can't tell a story for shit. 3 minutes in you get the jist of it and there is no pacing or revalation.
>>
File: 12323421.png (1MB, 1236x846px) Image search: [Google]
12323421.png
1MB, 1236x846px
>>387628659
Naw, that /v/ is nonexistant. Thy are like you now, they shit on everything and everyone. Purely cancer, I bet you like Horizon?
>>
>>387629039
Then you're very easily impressed. No offense.

I mean, they're just robots dressed in funny clothes, speaking mostly in silent text. We already knew they had some sort of sentience, so what was surprising about it? Again, I don't get it. The game kept throwing the 'oh man they can think and are imitating humans whoooooa' time and time again and I was just like 'okay, I get it, can we move on and develop?'

But nothing so far.
>>
>>387629137
Flooded city should've been at least twice/thrice as big. It's just a fucking straight road, three buildings and flat area.
>>
>>387629220
That, and two great aspects don't make up for 4 lousy ones.
>>
>>387629102
sorry OP, then I guess you won't like the rest of the game either.

But if I can remember correctly you can just skip all the side quests and just rush through the story. I think then you might enjoy it more.
>>
I quite enjoyed the story and the presentation of the game with regards to music and the way the character relationships were developed. The game world and side quests left a lot to be desired. It is not the perfect game that so many people claim it is but it is a good game.
>>
File: 1453148183078.jpg (536KB, 1270x2131px) Image search: [Google]
1453148183078.jpg
536KB, 1270x2131px
>>387626459
It's an anime game. Best way to explain it.

You like anime, you'll like the game. You don't, you'll probably hate it.

It tries to appear deeper than it is, it's flashy but mostly hollow, and it's full of repetitive, overused japanese tropes.

Neat music, though.
>>
>>387629421
>Hahaha, machines can't have feelings amirite 2bee?
>call me nines tho
>*transmits consciousness to bunker spare*
>>
>>387629501
I might do this. I kept running into sidequests that were like 20 levels above me so I thought I needed to do some/grind to catch up because the story was overtaking me.

Course, the game doesn't tell me anything and just gives me a million quests all over the map instead...
>>
>>387626459
>The story itself doesn't seem to have any depth beyond 'ai have feelings????'
t. brainlet
>>
>>387629226
39th post best post
>>
>>387629949
you can ignore them, they're just fluff.
Some of them have a nice little plotwist, tho nothing special.

By the way, once you finished the first Chapter,
the second one will make you replay the first one as 9S, just rush that shit through by doing the main missions. You then get access to the third one, where things will be a bit more interesting again
>>
>>387626459
To me it feels like a mix of MGR:Revengeance & Xenoblade. If you don't like those games you wont like this. That being said it is one of my favorite games. Im playan now.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.