[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Bethesda doesn't make a game like Morrowind?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 65765.png (332KB, 580x757px) Image search: [Google]
65765.png
332KB, 580x757px
Why Bethesda doesn't make a game like Morrowind?
>>
Cash and time I'd presume
>>
why bother when garbage sells
>>
They just made morrowind tho for eso lol
>>
They figured out the formula every single AAA game follows now
All you need is a big samey open world and marketing and there will be 100x as many casuals buying your game as RPG fans
>>
>>387624937
The already did.
>>
>>387625228
Which is..
>>
>>387624937
>God Tier "game"
>Morrowind
>Excellent
>Daggerfall
>Shit tier
>Oblivion
Nostalgiafags everyone.
>>
what's so terrible about Oblivion? Explain this meme to me, I thought it was decent and enjoyed several of the quests.
>>
>>387624937

Beth has never made a good game in their lives. They're always uninspired buggy messes. They were just the first ones to do the OPEN WORLD RPG meme and get a fanbase. But their games are garbage.
>>
File: 1493905598219.png (89KB, 261x238px)
1493905598219.png
89KB, 261x238px
>Daggerfall
>Arena
>"Excellent"
Who are you trying to impress?
>>
>>387625228
?????
>>
If they released a game like Morrowind it would sell like shit. Nobody would buy it except for /v/irgins because there simply isn't a marked for the old PC RPGs of yore
>>
>>387624937
>it's another "teenager pretends he played Arena and Daggerfall and that they aren't outdated pieces of shit to seem cool" episode
>>
>skyrim doing anything better than oblivion
I suppose less content is popular these days :^)
>>
Daggerfall and Arena are too outdated to be enjoyable at this point unless you played it back in the day.

Anyone new to the series will find no enjoyment in Arena or Daggerfall. The little things they'll appreciate will be overwhelmed by the archaic controls and visuals and copy and paste assets.
>>
>>387625989
This, the blatant appeal to nostalgia isn't getting you any points.
>>
>>387624937
>>387625635
OP hasn't played Daggerfall or Arena, this is obvious. I actually doubt he played any of the games to be honest, considering how safe and pussy footed this abortion of a chart is. Morrowind is a mediocre experience, it threw out everything that the previous TES games solidified and created an world, that while alien in appearance, played as generic as any other real time 3D RPG.
>>
>>387624937
>Besthesda Games
>not all of them in shit tier or below
>>
>>387624937
Because it's easier to copypaste the same shallow shit and just pump money into marketing for the game to sell like hot cakes.
>>
File: bethesda games.png (127KB, 580x757px) Image search: [Google]
bethesda games.png
127KB, 580x757px
>>387624937
FTFY
>>
Daggerfall is still a good game. It's RNG dungeons start to feel the same and the amount of glitches I had already in my experience is pretty bad, especially with sound effects and the obnoxious monster noises. It offers the most out of all games due to the size of the game and I'm enjoying it so far.

Not sure why everyone likes to meme oblivion so much but it is a decent game. The combat is good enough for a bethesda game and the magic system is good as well. It has a different tone and it makes it easy to play which makes it quite enjoyable. I don't remember Skyrim very well since it has been a while same with Morrowind so I can't give an informed opinion although I am planning on replaying it. Arena to my knowledge is just a shit version of Daggerfall.
>>
File: 1475758827050.png (647KB, 1225x689px) Image search: [Google]
1475758827050.png
647KB, 1225x689px
>I hate Bethesda games!

Then why do you have over 200 hours played on all of them?
>>
>>387625106
this
>>
wow OP you couldve just said that your first TES was skyrim
>>
Arena is nowhere near as good as Daggerfall and I would not call it Excellent. OP probably hasn't played Arena (and maybe not even Daggerfall) but the people in this thread lumping both of them together are cancer that hasn't even tried them as well and you should all kill yourselves. Daggerfall is the best Elder Scrolls game maybe tied with Morrowind.

Also quit throwing the "muh nostalgia" shit out, retards. You realize Oblivion is like 11 years old now and if you played it on Xbox 360 when you were 7 you're allowed to post on 4chan? "Muh nostalgia" literally applies to any Bethesda game to your age group that isn't Fallout 4.
>>
>>387627964
daggerfall is shit

stop projecting child
>>
>>387625626
>>387626039
Well, they created Morrowind so they created a game like Morrowind.
>>
>>387628268
Literally find some new arguments that aren't "muh nostalgia", silly 18 year old that played Oblivion when he was 7. You're as at fault as anyone from the rose-tinted glasses.
>>
File: Don't tuch it.png (71KB, 260x202px) Image search: [Google]
Don't tuch it.png
71KB, 260x202px
>Far harbor
>Same level as Shivering isles
>>
File: bethesdurr.png (341KB, 805x1102px) Image search: [Google]
bethesdurr.png
341KB, 805x1102px
>>
>>387628765
Put oblivion in the meh tier and it will be good
>>
>no open world first person dungeon crawler
>>
>mfw /v/ shitters all shit on the same games and jerk off the same games
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.