[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which is the better game, Sonic Mania or The Legend of Zelda:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

Which is the better game, Sonic Mania or The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild?
>>
>>387624434
breath of the wild, easily. and I liked sonic mania.
>>
>>387624434

Sonic Mania. Though both are excellent.
>>
>>387624434
>two completely different games with completely different gameplay
>>
>>387624818
But which one do you like better?
>>
>>387624434
GET 'IM, SONIC!!!
>>
>>387624858
BoTW, but you said better game, not which you like better.
>>
File: 1501665562779.jpg (7KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
1501665562779.jpg
7KB, 250x187px
Sonic Mania was actually fun, so I guess that.

Although, I feel BotW laid the groundwork for a good Zelda game
>>
Ty the tasmanian tiger
>>
Mania
>>
>>387625218
So your answer is BoTW. See, that wasn't too hard.
>>
>>387624434
BotW for sure, but both are great games.
>>
>rehashed sonic
>or a non-rehash zelda
gee i wonder
>>
>>387626132

So your answer is Sonic.
>>
>>387624434
What the fuck is this abomination of art
>>
>>387624434

Sonic Mania is the more relevant game and also has more replay value.
>>
>>387624434
BotW, but Mania is really damn good and fun. I still think Mania rehashed more content than it should though, specially with some frustrating parts in certain levels giving me horrible flashbacks to the genesis games.
>>387626623
I don't see how the replay value of Mania is even a good comparison factor against Zelda when it is so short compared to a typical BotW playthrough.
Unless you enjoy going through the same levels more instead of new stuff, which even then is not a good comparison because one game is made so that you go replay it various times and the other one isn't.
>>
>>387626967
Simple. Sonic is more enjoyable to go through over and over. With Zelda, it's fun once and only once.
>>
>>387624434
We are really going to compared an adventure RPG to a 2D side scrolling platformer?

Seriously?
>>
>>387627043
Well that's exactly what I said. You can get the same amount of enjoyment out of both by replaying Sonic for 70h and by playing Zelda once for 70h. So replay value is a non-argument here unless one prefers to replay a short level many times instead of a big level one time.
>>387627120
Yep. Its either the Sonic fans that were desperate for a good game and are now comparing it to every single game (I saw a thread comparing it to Uncharted today) or it is the typical "compare BotW to game X" thread that we've had since BotW released.
>>
Sonic Mania is clearly the better game. Without question.
>>
>>387627530
I'll still be playing Sonic Mania in 20 years. BoTW will be outdated trash in 20 years.

Sonic Mania is better.
>>
>>387627927
>still playing a digital-only game in 20 years.
Maybe a cracked version on PC but don't bother ever expecting a digital console game to work in 20 years.
>>
>>387628073

It'll be ported to every new console, undoubtedly. Like all the other good Sonic games. The game isn't going anywhere.
>>
>>387627927

That's a good point, actually. Sonic Mania will still hold up many years later, while Breath of the Wild will probably need a full remaster someday.
>>
>>387628601
Honestly didn't stop games like Ocarina of Time from being relevant even today. Even if just as references in terms of game design.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.