[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DUSK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 20170819140213_1.jpg (224KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170819140213_1.jpg
224KB, 1920x1080px
What are you anons thoughts on episode 1?
>>
I liked it
>>
good god that movement is buttery
>>
It made me wonder why it took 20 years for a developer to suddenly remember the lost art of making FPSes without it feeling like a Serious Sam-like

Can't wait for EP2/3
>>
File: dsk.jpg (144KB, 638x518px) Image search: [Google]
dsk.jpg
144KB, 638x518px
seems the guy over at PC Gamer never played Duke 3D
>>
It was okay, really fucking easy and all the maps besides one or two were pretty tiny compared to Doom and Quake. Now I don't like Doom 2's almost maze-like design, but I would've appreciated having some bigger levels, because on my first run through killing 90% of enemies, trying to get on top of buildings and finding secrets it took me about 58 minutes to get through all the levels.
>>
>>387623324
>don't have time to play with myself

Oh so it plagiarises Duke's quotes too on top of everything else, huh
>>
looks good I won't buy it for 20 bucks and certainly not if I'm not getting the whole thing right away
>>
>>387624630
awesome bait. it's not like duke plagiarised "They Live" or something
>>
>>387624630

If that's plagiarism, then every other thing that came out of Duke's mouth in D3D was also "plagiarism"
>>
>>387623667
Explain. I don't doubt he didn't, but I don't see how it has anything to do with the picture.
>>
>>387625332

I think it's the implication that things like level continuity and decoration that tells a narrative didn't exist in Build games, when they definitely did

To be fair if he only played Doom and Quake I can totally see how he'd get that impression
>>
>>387625332
those environmental storytelling touches aren't modern and are very rarely found in modern games, they were pioneered in games like Duke and System Shock
>>
I thought it was fun but a lot of the outdoor levels are too barren and open. The enemy count is very low too, there's too many empty sections instead of a steady stream of action like in the better levels of the games it's inspired by.
>>
>>387624630
Fuck me running this is the stupidest thing I've read on this site in a long while
>>
Fucking perfect
>>
>>387625636
>if he only played Doom and Quake
DOOM and Quake were brought back into attention thanks to nu-id's recent releases. You can't blame normies for only knowing to refer to these two.
>>
Just once I'd like to see a game where you kill Antifa.
>>
>>387626970
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5AFHu8Xrw4
>>
>make game for white males
>make enemy rednecks, deers, and the kkk
>this is supposed to be frightening on the same level of demons from hell
>>
>>387627301
>kkk
White males ARE the KKK.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.