[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that sony is making Project PlaySmash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 11

The successor to PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

Sceduled for an October reveal, with the gameplay reveal at PSX. Expected to release Fall 2018.

Characters in the demo include

>Kratos
>Parappa
>Crash
>Spyro
>Aloy
>Nathan Drake
>Ratchet
>Morgana
>Noctis

Stages include
>Crash X Horizon Zero Dawn
>Persona X WipEout
>Tearaway X Vib Ribbon
>PlayStation Arena

The CG trailer will be Kratos, Morgana, Crash and Aloy fighting in a forest.

Gameplay will now feature life bars. Characters now have only one super attack (like the level 3 from the previous game). The game is more fluid and fast than the first game. Along with the artstyle being more unified.

Note that this info is compiled from a journalist who posted on /v/ who has seen the demo and you can ask whatever you want here
>https://ask.fm/PSAS2ask

Also the trademark for PlayStation All-Stars got renewed. what are you thoughts on this /v/
>>
File: 1485344979174.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1485344979174.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>PlaySmash

Will do, Sony
>>
Jesus All-Star Battle was shitty why make a sequel? Unless they make a complete copy of Smash I'm not getting it.
>>
>Morgana
>Not Joker or Makoto

Sony pls...
>>
>>387619897
cant wait for the /v/kends of this game to be killed off by discord cucks
>>
Well, at least the starting roster is better, if true. Since they keep touting Spider-Man as a true exclusive, it'd be nice to see Spider-Man in the game.

On a side note, Fat Princess was a terrible choice
>>
File: fat_princess.jpg (35KB, 270x399px) Image search: [Google]
fat_princess.jpg
35KB, 270x399px
>>387619897
hopefully they make her actually cute like in the game everyone liked instead of that disgusting redesign they used for everything after
>>
Huh, they're really trying to make this into a thing, are they?

It's simply not going to happen. Competing directly with Nintendo is only going to lead to them getting raped. Look at what happened between Knack and 3D World.
>>
Just made a clone of smash+indies royal battles. Also unificated the art style, in all-star dont All the characters had different art style and that is gross
>>
Didn't Gamearts said the other day that they weren't working on this game?
>>
1- Put characters from ps1-ps2 era
2- Made fun modes and copy smash gameplay
3- Change the edgy dark theme and pallete of colors with happy and vibrant colors like smash (appeal to eyes)

Ultra profit
>>
>>387621601
they do this and pander to meleefags and it will legit be better than any future smash game
>>
>>387620141
This may amaze you, but things can be of poor quality for many different reasons, while still having many good merits like concepts and mechanics, and having another try at such things to properly improve can result in a much better experience overall.
>actually wanting less innovation and a braindead copy when there's the original game many braindead copies already available
>>
PlaySmash Instead
>>
File: IMG_2016.jpg (30KB, 540x489px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2016.jpg
30KB, 540x489px
Smash will continue to have cloud and snake
>>
Spike fucks Kat, that's all you have to know.
>>
>>387620141
They could just make a real fighting game, the problem is that most characters associated with sony are kinda down to earth while you also have japan studios wierdos like some magical girls in there.
>>
File: SPIKED.png (32KB, 144x129px)
SPIKED.png
32KB, 144x129px
>>
File: Sony Smash Models.jpg (221KB, 600x400px)
Sony Smash Models.jpg
221KB, 600x400px
>>387621308
Some of the characters looked gross, because they tried to make them more detailed and realistic.
So, they didn't had any art style, but instead mashed realism, with unrealistic shapes and figures.
>>
>>387625068
Only two of these are in game models, two are character select portraits, one is part of story artwork and one doesn't appear in the game whatsoever. They didn't really try to make characters realistic if they weren't, which made everything clash. That was their intention though, for better or worse it was supposed to be "characters directly from their games just hang out because Playstation is the world". Whether it's an excuse for their lack of budget who knows, though there is concept art showing that they did plan to make the characters a bit more unified in artstyle at one point.
>>
>>387625494
the inconsistencies make it worse
>>
>>387624495
>>387624824
are you serious about this? when will you snap out of this delusion? wake up, anon
>>
>>387626189
You act like this isn't shitposting.
>>
>>387626067
It does, something that could (and sounds like it will) be smoothed out in a potential sequel with a budget that isn't comparable to a 9 year old's weekend allowance.
>>
>>387619897
Make it play like Power Stone instead of that shitty smash bros wannabe style and there might be some interest.
>>
>>387627497
The only part of it that specifically plays like Smash is that it's 2D with platforms.
>>
>>387626559
this guy is also on tumblr spouting his spikat shit, this is going beyond sane and healthy shitposting
>>387627295
why can't they give it to proper fightan companies? nintendo worked with namco for smash and surely had some consulting with capcom. what's stopping sony?
>>
>>387627916
>tumblr
how?
>>
File: IMG_20170819_224649.png (106KB, 1080x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170819_224649.png
106KB, 1080x941px
>>387628005
he asked a bunch of people what they think of spikat. out of nowhere
>>
>>387627916
Sony just didn't see it as a big deal and didn't consider the scale or potential for the idea for some insane reason, which is why they pulled together Super Bot from mostly new guys and didn't give them much money. It did much better than they expected though which is why it seems likely that this sequel thing is possible since they know there's value in the idea. Game Arts have done some games in the genre before but have also made a lot of great RPGs (including some of my favourites) so there's no question of talent now at least.
>>
>>387628609
it's fucking bullshit that they didn't care at first. they could have really made a proper smash rival. now its reputation is tainted and they have to work double to convince the mass
>>
>>387623474
Lmao, just like the previous All-Star games, right?

This is the same level of retardedness that resulted in the creation of Battleborn. You should pat yourself on the back, anon. Not too hard though, I wouldn't want you to exterminate the 3 remaining brain cells you have left.
>>
>>387628884
It's definitely a severe case of mismanagement and failure to understand concept potential (and they've been there before, Demon's Souls/Monster Hunter spring to mind), but the masses should understand that it's being made by a different developer and without the mistakes of the previous game, so there shouldn't really be an issue about the so called reputation. Said masses are a bit dull about such things though, so it'll mostly rely on the crossover aspect once again I think, at least at the beginning, so the characters shown first will be important. Crash and Morgana show that they're not fucking around this time though.
>>
>>387629718
>morgana
Its fucking nothing
>>
Yeah, but will it have Knack?
>>
>>387628472

>Making fun of an autistic person on 4chan
>>
>>387629997
One of the big roster complaints of the last game was the lack of big Japanese characters, especially from RPGs. Morgana being in day 1 shows they're gonna be taking more note of that, and having a Japanese developer might help with that too.
>>
>>387619897
>two threads at once.

Ehhh.... I don't think I can keep up with both ask.fm and TWO threads.
>>
>>387624824
>>387628472
>>387630441

we must forces this meme
who´s with me
>>
>>387632320
Do you think japanese Pixiv people will like it?
>>
>>387631080
>roster complaint
i think they have to redo their entire core mechanics first before moving to rosters
>>
File: Icons Logo.jpg (21KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Icons Logo.jpg
21KB, 400x400px
>>387620141
I could see it happening. Smash clones that shamelessly rip off the original are all the rage these days.
>>
>>387632901
No they don't. The balance was severely flawed as was some things like ground and air risk/reward (which is really just balance again) but the core mechanics were the one thing they actually did very well on.
>>
>>387632501
I don´t know anon
but if this forced meme makes PSASBR community visible I will help to create spikat art.
>>
>>387633424
It could also bring attention to two series that shouldn't be too obscure
>>
I'd rather see Sony make their own kind of crossover. A Twisted Metal where every character is a guest character would be cooler than "Smash, but with the vaguely recognizable characters we can license"
>>
>>387621051
I'm up for 2-D Princess. Hell, use her 'Adventures' model. Anything but the PSABR model.
>>
>>387632901
I mean if you remove the mechanic where the only way to get kills is by using supers, then you end up with a game that's actually playable. So that's a start.
>>
>>387633539
smash have many memes used by normis like
-falcon punch
-you are to slow
-no x fox only final destination
-Im really feeling it
-no johns

why sony can have memes?
>>
WHO THE FUCK IS NEPTUNE
>>
>>387633768
>implying there's anything wrong with that mechanic
Different things can be nice and fun too anon, you just have to actually get on board with them.
>>
>>387633812
I want Gravity Rush 2 to have an Ape Escape collab.
>>
>>387620353

>Still occasionally check if there's a/v/kend going

Feels bad man.

>>387625068

The graphics for the first game give me me a Brawl feeling. If they can up the artsyle like Sm4sh did it might end up looking quite nice.
>>
>>387633924
Neptunia ie weeb trash
>>
>>387632320
get a better pairing
>>387632501
japan doesnt care about psasbr, thankfully
>>
>>387619897
league of legends?
>>
>>387634408
But they do like GR and Saru Getchu
>>
>>387634403
Oh I get the meme now.
>>
The first game had:

>Awful art style
>The worst fucking physics they could have used
>Copying from the wrong Smash game (Brawl) which explains the shit physics
>Shitty roster except for one or two good ones
>Retarded super system
>Garbage final boss
>Garbage stories in general
>Giving too much power to characters that never deserved it (Cole, Raiden, Kratos) instead of the other REAL characters
>With that said, shitty balance in general
>Only good DLC character was Kat

The game handled like shit, had bad sound design and it was just awful all around. If they wanted to really compete, they could start by having OPs fake roster. And still, it has multiplat characters, because all fo Sony's potential mascot characters got sold off or abandoned (Sir Daniel, Crash). Even Smash got Cloud AND Snake, because no one will give their characters to Sony to put into a shit game.

Kratos is boring, Drake is probably one of the most un-likeable characters ever, and that's basically all they have right now. No one cares about anything else, because they don't have anything else. Roster is important and they have very little in terms of what they can do, other than reviving some old obscure characters. Sir Daniel was a god start, but they need to do that with more in order to have a neat roster, or something that isn't full of multiplat heroes.
>>
File: 1496981667426.jpg (297KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496981667426.jpg
297KB, 1920x1080px
post character wishlists
>Patapons
>U-1/Gitaroo Man
>Lammy
>Uncle Death
>>
Where fuck is Abe?
>>
>>387634498
There is a lot wrong in this but you have the nerve to diss Emmett motherfuckin Graves too?
>>387634687
Almost guaranteed to be in since him and Dart were planned DLC for the first game and everyone wanted them in.
>>
File: spikat.png (51KB, 762x328px) Image search: [Google]
spikat.png
51KB, 762x328px
Here's a leaked screenshot of the game
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.