[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So the complete version of FFXI is on sale this month and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ffxi.jpg (57KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ffxi.jpg
57KB, 620x470px
So the complete version of FFXI is on sale this month and I'm thinking about trying it. It looks like it's got a lot of charm, and there's something really fascinating about an MMO being supported for so long. I feel like it's something I should try at least once before it's too late. That said I've also heard some say that it's not worth getting into at this point. Does anyone here still play? Thoughts?
>>
the game changed a lot to make it solo player friendly which kinda defeats the purpose of playing a MMO
>>
I'd recommend that you play it, but play it as a solo experience. Don't expect a large community of players because it doesn't exist anymore.
That said, You should play it. grind a job to max level, run through the story missions, then quit with the knowledge that you've experienced the best of what the genre has to offer.
>>
>>387616694
>That said I've also heard some say that it's not worth getting into at this point.
It's kind of true, I'd say. A big part of FFXI's charm was how tight-knit the community was and how much you had to and together to get shit done. Getting to know the other players made the grueling level grinding much more tolerable, so now that the numbers aren't as high as they used to be it's not as easy for new players to get into it. Haven't played in a while honestly, but supposedly they made solo leveling a little easier.
>>
>>387616863
>you've experienced the best of what the genre has to offer.
lmao no. if it was the ebst of what the genre has to offer then why is both retail and the private server scene so dead? you would think there would be a healthy emulation server community like WoW or Runescape but nope
>>
>you will never ever liberate Tavnazia from the beastman hordes, the refugees will live in a hole in the ground for eternity
>>
why not just play on a private server? you get to play the same dead game but without paying a monthly subscription fee
>>
>>387616694
Id love for this to go f2p so I can finish the storylines I never finished.
>>
>>387616694
Play it solo

I tried getting into it with a friend and the game just doesn't work that well unless you're either solo or in a full group.
>>
does this shit get removed from your Steam library when the sub ends? I see people review it on Steam but NO one has it in their actual library.
>>
>>387617857
they played a standalone boxed variant of it, then reviewed it on steam.

I've never actually played the steam edition of it that I own, I just used the CD key to upgrade another account with the expansion content.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.