[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well? What's the /v/erdict? Does it deserve a "sequel"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 7

File: Conker's_Bad_Fur_Day_Cover.jpg (85KB, 640x439px) Image search: [Google]
Conker's_Bad_Fur_Day_Cover.jpg
85KB, 640x439px
Well? What's the /v/erdict? Does it deserve a "sequel"?
>>
>>387614871
It doesn't need a sequel.
Still amazes me that Nintendo were actually ok with this game releasing on their system, shows how much times have changed I suppose.
>>
whatever happened with project spark
>>
>>387614871
I think it deserves a sequel & I wish the one that was being worked on years ago wasn't canned but at this point it's too late, the original team wouldn't be the guys for it anymore as Chris Seavor has said ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKAbetSJEBk ), I doubt anyone else could recapture that charm perfectly again and Microsoft isn't interested in a lot of Rare properties so we're fucked no matter what happens. It's just a game of it's era that we can appreciate got made at all at this point.
>>
>>387615408
Support got dropped out of nowhere, MS wrote it off I think.

>>387614871
I would love a sequel but Chris himself, as well as others who worked on the game, admit that they're not the people who can make it. They've changed too much over the years.

If someone could do a similar game that'd be tits though.
>>
File: 1500330819709.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1500330819709.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>tfw there will never be another game where you climb and enter a mountain of shit to fight a giant blob of shit by throwing toilet paper rolls in its mouth

feels not good
>>
>>387615592
Oh that sucks. Really, it was a horrible thing to do.
>>
It deserves a sequel but not on a microshit console
>>
File: be0.jpg (56KB, 600x850px) Image search: [Google]
be0.jpg
56KB, 600x850px
The original team and Chris himself said they couldn't do a sequel because they have changed a lot after all these years, he still thinks that the game is funny, but he couldn't ever think about doing some of the stuff that's in the game again.
Honestly, after looking at his script for Other Bad Day, I don't know if I wanted it to be real.
>>
>>387617308
>Honestly, after looking at his script for Other Bad Day, I don't know if I wanted it to be real.
There was a script for it released? I know it was supposed to start with Conker escaping from prison & execution from being a shitty king or something but what else was there?
>>
>>387617308
You mean all that stuff about the Cthulpoo and what not?
>>
Conker had that 90s-00s "edge" that I personally miss.
>>
>>387617458
Chris had the script ready for the sequel, but since it never happened, he gave us some of the stuff that was going to happen.
There was things like a conker doppelganger being playable (Honker maybe), a LOTR world, Birdy's death, Berri returning as a terminator dominatrix that wants conker death, a new love interest for Conker and a final battle in space against a lovecraftian entity called Cthulpoo.
end would have been conker becoming emperor of the galaxy but even more depressed.
Ans the love interest would die and return as his zombie queen.

>>387617461
Yes.
>>
>>387617971
And you don't know if you want it to be real cause why? Don't like the script?
>>
>>387617971
I can see why you wouldn't be sure if you would want it then but personally for me it's so absurd I kind of want it just due to that alone.
>>
File: 1310491334001.jpg (31KB, 313x343px) Image search: [Google]
1310491334001.jpg
31KB, 313x343px
People talk about how a sequel would be great, but I think part of what makes CBFD special is the climate that spawned it in the first place.

In retrospect; CBFD even existing is nothing short of amazing; It was created during what is arguably the time Nintendo were at their most vigilant family-friendly image, it was a big budget undertaking headed up by their most important non-Nintendo studio, and Rare were essentially given complete creative control to do whatever the fuck they wanted - And all of this was during an time where things like GTA, Saints row and Newgrounds either weren't a thing or only in their culturally insignificant infancy; Within the gaming medium, there had never been an undertaking of crass on this scale.

A modern equivalent would run the risk of being considered edgy pandering to "le ebin lolsorandumb" crowd - The idea of a game that is really "Out there" or "On the edge" has already been explored and isn't nearly as fresh as it was in the 90s. While I love the idea of a Dark Souls game that takes after CBFD the same willingness to take risks isn't there.

It's essentially a relic from a different time in vidya. And I'm really fucking glad it came to be.
>>
>>387617308
>>387617458
>>387617461
>>387617971

Link to the script?
>>
File: 1437238166289.png (131KB, 294x265px) Image search: [Google]
1437238166289.png
131KB, 294x265px
The people for it don't exist anymore

Especially within Microsoft
>>
>>387618478
He didn't upload it, he gave us various tweets on his account (conkerhimself) about the details of the story.
http://conker.wikia.com/wiki/Conker%27s_Other_Bad_Day
http://www.dkvine.com/interactive/forums/index.php?showtopic=8546
>>387618342
The people that want a sequel mostly just want to see Conker unfuck himself.
>>
CBFD is still to this day the funniest game i've ever played. actual beacon of the industry
>>
>>387615108
To be fair, when development started Conker was a pretty run-of-the-mill platformer.
Maybe they pitched that version to Nentondi.
>>
>>387619978
Nintendo would still be kept up to date on any changes made to the game. NoJ's president at the time reportedly loved the game and laughed his ass off at it, while NoA and NoE weren't particularly big fans.
>>
The gameplay itself is a little iffy at times.

That being said, it is a wonderfully unique game, and technologically very impressive. It is very competent in how it constantly presents new and interesting worlds to the player. The universe itself is very lovely, and is a playful parody of fantasy and old cartoons. They could certainly do a lot of interesting things with a sequel.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.