[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonic Heroes is shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 8

File: hqdefault-1.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault-1.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
ITT: we post examples of Sonic Heroes being the worst fucking 3D Sonic game
>>
it is.
>be 14 in the year 2004
>new sonic game released
>sonic heroes, I think.
>rent from dying blockbuster down the road.
>go home plug gamecube into projector my big bro stole for his hs.
>start playing
>no spindash?.wtf
>wtf is this autismo 3 man faggotry.

Worst money i have ever spent in my life except maybe falling for the college meme and the car meme and the fucking rent meme.

Please kill me.
>>
As a kid, going from Adventure 2: Battle to Heroes was such a disappointment. The controls were sloppy, it was jarring being stuck to two other characters via rubber banding, the change in atmosphere and tone took forever to get used to, and playing through the same damn stages on repeat for every single team was tedious, especially when half the stages were terrible. The only stages in Adventure 2 that were truly awful were Security Hall because of the time limit, Aquatic Mine because of the cramped nature and how long it takes to figure out on your first play, and Rouge's version of Death Chamber because I'm autistic and can't remember the name. Oh, and fuck Mad Space. Everything else ranged from fine to awesome.
>>
>Sonic Heroes being the worst fucking 3D Sonic game

not when shadow the hedgehog exists
>>
>>387611583
Shadow was leagues better than Heroes, it was on-par with adventure
>>
>>387611793
holy shit this has to be bait
>>
>>387611793
kek
>>
Sonic 06 > all
>>
>>387611853
>>387611884
How is Heroes without flying and power forms NOT strictly better than Heroes?
>>
>>387612026
shadow controls like ass (even worse than heroes), the level designs are boring and all look like the same brown shit
bad game with no redeeming qualities
>>
>>387612336
>shadow controls like ass (even worse than heroes)
his control is identical to heroes, they are on the same engine
>the level designs are boring and all look like the same brown shit
subjective. shadow has a SA2 art style while heroes is a S3&K style
>bad game with no redeeming qualities
lights out
>>
>One dude unironically claiming Shadow was worse than Heroes

Shadow fixed every gameplay issue Heroes had besides slippery running and sometimes clipping through the stage and falling to an untimely death. They improved every aspect.

The weapons and vehicles are superior to the team format that was so hamfistedly executed.
>>
>>387612551
>his control is identical to heroes
it's really not, shadow controls like he's on ice and has way too much acceleration

>shadow has a SA2 art style
SA2 had colors other than brown, grey and red
>>
>>387612634
SA2 had colors other than brown, grey and red
every single level in SA2 after city escape took place in egypt, a city, or space
>>
>>387612634
>it's really not, shadow controls like he's on ice and has way too much acceleration

Speed heroes run identically, you're probably just so retarded that seeing the way the strength and flying heroes anchor around the speed hero throws you off.
>>
>>387613013
I don't remember it that way

Honestly, both Heroes and Shadow were basically my only Sonic experiences as a kid, i can see Shadow being the black sheep of the franchise due to edge factor and the weird choices regarding the game's full completion, but Heroes? I never got the hate, the worst thing i can think of is that you have to play the game 4 times to finish it, but again Shadow was much worse in that regard

Is it contrarianism? Shadow gets insulted so much people now just authomatically feel like sugarcoating it?
>>
I have never liked Heroes. Im glad people are posting this. I remember being so dissapointed with it when it came out.
>>
>>387610784
I remember being part of a pirate DC community, in a chat room and having one of the mods announcing he's going to pick this up from the store

He came back 2 hours later to badmouth the game as the piece of shit it was.
>>
>>387612590
But the way Shadow pads gameplay to get all the endings and last story is so much more tedious than Heroes, and is also somehow even uglier, that I would rather play Heroes if I had to choose.
>>
>>387610784

The music in this fight was great, though.
>>
File: thank mr jun.jpg (41KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
thank mr jun.jpg
41KB, 499x499px
The OST was top fucking notch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Sj7lwwDAM
>>
>people unironically defending guns in a Sonic game
>>
>>387610784
It's garbage.
But What I'm Made Of is objectively the best Sonic vocal song AND best Crush 40 song.
>>
>people unironically defending shadow the edgehog

jesus, sonic fans are autistic
>>
>>387611096
The three person party was a cool idea but it sucked in practice.
>>
Sonic 06 is worse. No question about it. Actually, Adventure 2 might be the worst for introducing Shadow.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>387612925
Ahem.
>>
>>387614981
Top notch OST indeed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEisuRNYmBA
>>
File: awesome.png (1MB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
awesome.png
1MB, 1024x768px
>>387610784
Hey man, egg fleet zone was fucking awesome. As shit as some other stages were, at least a few zones were interesting.
>>
>>387611793
Shadow's first fucking level can have an objective that can't be completed. It's not a rare occurrence either. In my experience, and I'm ashamed to admit I've played a lot of Shadow, it's 70/30 in favor of the bug.
>>
>>387616985
Do you mean the alien not spawning? It honestly never occurred to me, first time i heard of it was in superbunnyhop's video. But even ignoring that it was a bad idea to design the game around such menial and repetitive tasks. It's like designing a Mario game where you don't get the true ending if you miss a damn coin. But i guess as a kid i was bored enough to 100% the game. Wonder if the Xbox savefile can tell me how much time i've spent on the game?
>>
>defending Shadow the Hedgehog
Shadow and the vehicles control like shit and the vehicles are objectively worse than just running through the stage. Any stage that doesn't involve simply running to the goal ring at the end becomes tedious and horrendously unfun, prime example being the Ark. The evil chaos control special is garbage and it's just more efficient to not use it and enjoy the infinite ammo instead as enemies are brick walls without the guns, the bosses are shit, the story is beyond shit, the shit idea from Heroes of having to play through the same game 4 times is brought back except far worse. There is nothing good about Shadow the Hedgehog, what a trash heap.
>>
>>387611096
>college meme
>car meme
>rent meme fucking idiot
you really do belong on here
>>
>Kids forgetting the worst 3D Sonic game

For shame.
>>
>>387611793
I enjoyed Shadow more than Heroes.
>>
>>387617958
These kids defend that piece of shit.
>>
>>387617958
In perfect 4chan fashion you'll eventually find people saying "it's not that bad", because surely we can't share an opinion with the rest of the world can we
>>
>>387618295
No kidding. That one "true control" Adventurecuck autist was defending it the other day.
>>
File: soniclostworld_3ds.jpg (2MB, 1546x1379px) Image search: [Google]
soniclostworld_3ds.jpg
2MB, 1546x1379px
Did anyone ever play this?
>>
>>387618729
I've heard people saying that despite the dumb concept it's not that bad on consoles, is the 3DS version particularly different?
>>
>>387617958
Yeah 06 was a disaster but that goes without saying. Heroes was a big disappointment for me and it baffles me when people say it's their favorite 3D sonic game
>>
Sonic Heroes was solid in theory.
It was fast, its level style was similar to retro sonic, and it did feel great (when it worked)

The issue is that it is so fucking glitchy that it is nearly unplayable. Characters spend more time floating around and teleporting than anything else.
The other issue is that the movesets of the formations are cluttered as fuck and not really 'sonic style'. Why the fuck doesnt speed formation have a standard spin dash? Who asked for it to have wall jumps and that tornado shit? It just slows you down and breaks the flow.
Fly formation is a cluster fuck in general, and just feels awful to play. It needs a total rework.
The only one that feels right is the power formation.

I think Sonic Heroes could be great if its bugs were fixed. As for the gameplay experience itself, i think it would benefit most from downplaying the team gimmick ironically. By that i mean, each member of the team should do their attacks and animations, without the assistance of the teammates, except for certain scenarios. They should also nix the formations (straight line, tower, triangle) Power characters should just punch, not throw their teammates around. Flight characters should just run and only carry teammates when flying.
It would feel more like retro sonic, and since you arent waiting on your teammates to readjust their glitchy asses for slow animations.

Sonic Heroes was too ambitious and the engine was too shitty.
All it needed to be was SA2 that let you swap characters at will.
>>
>>387612590
One of the problems Heroes had was damage sponge enemies. The firearms did not help that one bit, and if you want to play the game without using fucking guns, the issue is made even worse. Vehicles control worse than just running. Heroes had awful art and sound direction and Shadow's was even worse. Heroes forces you to play through the same seven stages four times to get the true ending, Shadow forces you to play through an admittedly larger selection of stages in a few different orders TEN times to get the real ending. Fuck you.
>>
I actually like Heroes a lot.
I honestly don't understand the hate but I do acknowledge it's a pretty different game compared to the others.
>>
>>387619171
Different bosses, Local and online multiplayer, and some changes to stages and wisps.
>>
>>387614664
Theres way more variety than literally playing the exact stages over again
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.