[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

scr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

How are you guys enjoying the remaster so far?
>>
File: 1494545330404.jpg (5KB, 235x156px) Image search: [Google]
1494545330404.jpg
5KB, 235x156px
>>387603559
I just want to relieve the days of hype with korean casters shouting "PLAGUUUUUUU" at the top of their lungs
>>
File: FB_IMG_1503109647251.jpg (65KB, 1242x1133px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1503109647251.jpg
65KB, 1242x1133px
>>387603559
I saw this in battle.net and thought about buying it but I'm poor.
Wasn't the original StarCraft actually really unbalanced as shit? I remember playing it with my brother and him completely destroying me with some outrageous unbeatable bullshit. I could just be ignorant though.
>>
First time I've played StarCraft. It's a lot of fun. Should I get the StarCraft 2 battle chest?
>>
Really fun, they did a good job

Anyways, so who do you play as in the campaigns?

SC1 Terran: Some random guy?
SC1 Zerg: New Cerebrate who is later killed I think
SC1 Protoss: Artanis

BW Protoss: Selendis?
BW Terran: No clue
BW Zerg: Another unknown cerebrate?
>>
>>387604293

Hydras are god tier but other than that I feel like SC1 is pretty balanced, at a certain point it becomes about player skill
>>
>>387604293

1. The balance got a lot better after Brood War and later in the game's life in general.

2. You were probably just a dumb kid who didn't know how to deal with cheesy all-in strategies, as we all were at one point. I wouldn't hold it against the game.
>>
>>387604293

pro-level BW is balanced by adjusting the maps. some map layouts can be ridiculously unfair towards this-or-that race.

as the tournaments are played it's pretty fair.
>>
>>387604573
I don't doubt i was a dumb kid
but back then I was way better at the game than I am now, though
back then I could beat the AI, now I can't, i don't know how the hell that happened
>>
>>387604293
It's pretty well balanced at high levels of play, if it's a bunch of noobs playing against each other some matchups can feel extremely one-sided.

TvP in particular felt impossible for the longest time when I played BW with friends before we even knew about the pro scene, but if you take the time to learn some good openings then it's probably not a big problem
>>
>>387604732

It's important to remember that the AI doesn't cheese, so being able to beat the AI might not prepare you for some of the cheesy shit that other humans discover, and when you're a kid you just assume it's unbeatable (especially when you couldn't just look up strats on a wiki) and you don't always think of the ways to counter it. I'm just saying I don't think the problem is the game balance so much as just not knowing how to deal with cheese.
>>
>>387605107
>the AI doesn't cheese

The Zerg AI does actually 4pool sometimes and the Protoss AI might rush out a DT. They scripted a handful of builds for the AIs to choose from in BW. Still completely different from playing against a human opponent, of course.
>>
>>387606032
>The Zerg AI does actually 4pool sometimes and the Protoss AI might rush out a DT.

Huh. Well, that's interesting to know actually. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>387604298
no, just dont SC2 is a piece of shit that looks "ok"
>>
Is there a way to pirate the HD version?
15 burgers is still a lot of money
>>
>>387606340
see >>387605336
>>
>>387603559
>starcraft remastered

Again?
>>
>>387606340

>15 burgers is still a lot of money

Ahahaha, this is really a lot of money to NEETfags?
>>
>>387607053
yes :(
>tfw can't afford this or sonic mania
>>
>>387604293
>Most balanced RTS in history

>unbalanced as shit

Man guild wars 2 is calling for you.
>>
>>387604321

You play bunch of dudes in each campaigns

Episode 1 : Raynor, Kerrigan, Duke
Episode 2 : Kerrigan and being Overmind's bitch
Episode 3 : Felix, Zeratul, Tassadar
Episode 4 : Artanis, Zeratul, some other fellas
Episode 5-6 : Can't remember but probably lots of kerrigan in the last one.
>>
>>387607939
Those characters are separate and talk to you. You're a silent protagonist. Replaying it, I loved the simplicity of those mission openings.

>Awaken my child, and embrace the glory that is your birthright. Know that I am the Overmind; the eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me.
>>
>>387607939

No, you don't play as any of those characters. Here are the characters you actually play as:

Episode 1: Mar Sara Magistrate
Episode 2: Zerg Cerebrate
Episode 3: Protoss Executor
Episode 4: Protoss Executor
Episode 5: UED Captain
Episode 6: Zerg Cerebrate

You play as yourself taking the role of a commander in the army you're playing as. Just like in most old RTS games.
>>
File: 1377981763962.png (84KB, 216x178px) Image search: [Google]
1377981763962.png
84KB, 216x178px
>90% of Desert Strike games are the shitty SC2 demake version where mass Terran beats everything because they're the only finished race
>>
>>387606408
How do I do this
>>
how big is the download anyone?

im on a mobile hotspot kek.

please respond.
>>
>>387610464
pretty big
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.