[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror Recommendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: TGS.png (246KB, 849x364px) Image search: [Google]
TGS.png
246KB, 849x364px
Started playing the Silent Hill series, I plan to play from the original up to SH4. The first game in the series I played was P.T. and I was a big fan of the style of horror in that game. When I saw the Tokyo Game Show trailer for Kojima's Silent Hill my interest grew even more.

I'm maybe a quarter of the way through Silent Hill 1 and I've loved it, but I'm wondering if there's anything out there that's as freaky and borderline nonsensical as what Kojima's game looked like it was going to be?

I've seen Forbidden Siren/Siren Blood Curse thrown around as a suggestion but the way the game plays doesn't seem to appeal to me judging from videos.

I'm very much looking forward to the indie P.T-esque game Visage but it looks like it borrows too much from P.T.

Video related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzXp7ILez18

Also general horror thread I guess
>>
>>387603489
I'm more of a 'disturbing themes' guy, so I can't really recommend much. Rule of Rose and Haunting Ground are classics, and there was at least one good Clock Tower game (I forget which one). I'm saving The Evil Within for Halloween, but I'm hoping it's my type of game.
>>
>>387603489
The Suffering and Eternal Darkness are worth checking out, too.
>>
>>387604698
Those games were not classics, they were mediocre games that hardly anyone spent money on. Suddenly a few years back, people become increasingly aware of the hard to find and less known rule of rose and haunting ground, hipsters started feeling special knowing about games hardly anyone played and started praising them on the internet. Both games were trash then, and they're still trash today. The only reason you ever hear anything about either game is someone who discovered it and feels special or some moron parroting something he read someone else say.
>>
>>387605190
Wrong and gay
>>
If you have PS4 get Until Dawn. It's free is you have psplus.

Best horror game I've played in years.
>>
>>387605190
I played them when they were new and enjoyed them. They're as dated as the Silent Hill games, but that doesn't equal trash. If hipsters are so terrible, why do you care about their opinions?
>>
If you don't mind older games, Clive Barker's Undying is pretty cool and has some nice scary moments.
>>
File: Hmad.png (305KB, 468x564px) Image search: [Google]
Hmad.png
305KB, 468x564px
>>387603489
>P.T.
>part of the SH series
>>
>>387603489
i recommend Darkwood
>>
File: AoM DC title.jpg (28KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
AoM DC title.jpg
28KB, 1024x768px
>>387603489
Been a big horror and SH-fan since late 90s, and I could recommend checking out at least these:

-Scratches (PC)
-Fatal Frame -games (PS2, Wii)
-Penumbra: Overture & Black Plague (PC)
-Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut (PC, HL1 mod)
-Cry Of Fear (PC, HL1 & standalone)
-Condemned: Criminal Origins (PC, PS3/360)
-Resident Evil REMAKE (GC, Wii, PC/PS3/360)
-Underhell: Chapter 1 (PC, Source mod)

Honorable mentions: STALKER trilogy, FEAR 1 + Expansions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.