[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/v/, if Nintendo ever decides that they should make their own

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: All stars.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
All stars.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
/v/, if Nintendo ever decides that they should make their own Sonic Mania-esque Mario game where the fans are the ones who develop it, how do you think it would go?
>>
What is mario maker?
>>
>>387602491
Well, you'd just get Mario Maker. Joking aside...
>how do you think it would go?
Probably pretty badly, since a lot of fangames are obsessed with shitty Kaizo Mario trial-and-error garbage than actually clever level designs.
>>
File: Super-Mario-Maker-yellow.jpg (91KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
Super-Mario-Maker-yellow.jpg
91KB, 740x420px
>>
>>387602680
>>387602659
>>387602640
I think OP meant something like fangame makers get to do this shit.
>>
>>387602491
Depends on who they go with.
The guys who made Newer Super Mario Bros would probably have a much different vision that the guys who make those Super Mario World ASM hacks.
>>
People aren't obsessed with classic Mario games because Nintendo made actually good 3D Mario games. Super Mario 64 is way better than any 2D Mario game
>>
>>387602491
Hmmm not sure but I'm seriously gagging for another sprite based Mario game that isn't SMM.
>>
File: Borb.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Borb.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>387602734
>He hasn't seen all the insane Super Mario World romhacks
>>
File: b43.jpg (43KB, 600x517px) Image search: [Google]
b43.jpg
43KB, 600x517px
>>
>>387602491
I think 2d mario has been beaten to death. mario maker was the nail in the coffin and you know what they'll still make more boring 2d mario games and they'll still sell well, because they have mario stamped on the box.

>>387602734
the real irony in this is that nintendo hasnt made a 3d mario as good as 64 since.
>>
>>387602680
Will they ever update this game again? I really would love it if they simply increased the block tile limit from 2000 to like, 6000 (?). With 2000 blocks you do actually have enough to make whatever you want to make good platforming but, there's never enough to fill in the rest of your level, to make it look pleasing. It's why it can be so difficult to make convincing levels; you might get the level design down perfectly but you'll probably never get it feeling professional.
>>
>>387602491
>where the fans are the ones who develop it
LOL no
It's more likely that a fan would make a romhack in the vein of Mania and they'd get C&D'd immediately before release
>>
>>387602872
No I played all of those, and they're amazing, but if I had to choose between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and SMB 1-3 and World I'd choose SMG2 every time. Nintendo's not like Sega because they actually released some decent games after 1994 while Sonic has been horrible for the past two decades besides one or two mediocre titles like Rush
>>
>>387603341
why do some people love galaxy while others hate it? You don't see these kind of splits with any other game series like this besides modern zelda
>>
>>387603587
Because before Galaxy, 3D Mario games (all two of them) had a focus on doing different tasks or exploring within levels, which were connected by a dynamic hub world.

Galaxy is a collection of linear obstacle courses connected by menus.
>>
>>387603587
Because it has less complex mechanics than 64. I love everything about Galaxy 2 and it's one of my favorite games, but just remembering how good Mario felt to control in 64 makes me wonder how Odyssey is going to feel. In 64 I felt like a pudgy Italian plumber scrambling around mountains, while in Galaxy 1/2 I felt like an acrobat who was light on his feet. Both were good but I preferred 64
>>
>>387603908
>in Galaxy 1/2 I felt like an acrobat who was light on his feet.

To be fair, you're in space with low gravity.
>>
>>387603908
>how good Mario felt to control in 64
bait
>>
So does the concept of Bowser having a group of old enemies with the world's theming to them being the bosses work here? Would they just be the primary bosses to replace the Koopalings for some reason?
>>
>>387603908
Played the demo, Odyssey feels great.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.