[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MMOs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

File: tAaQkYV.jpg (87KB, 714x732px) Image search: [Google]
tAaQkYV.jpg
87KB, 714x732px
I need a different game to sink my time/money into besides Hearthstone so I figured I'd look for an MMO to play.

>What MMOs are you playing?
>What's good/bad about them?
>Any upcoming games that I should be aware of?
>>
File: 1502486270544.png (126KB, 750x709px) Image search: [Google]
1502486270544.png
126KB, 750x709px
Welp.
>>
>>387597071
XIV, GW2, Vindictus currently

GW2 is a meme for the most part but if you don't take the game seriously and just play at your own pace, it can be pretty comfy because the maps actually feel fun to explore and you get rewarded. Good timesink if you care more about fucking around than actually progressing.

XIV is a good progression mmo where there's a lot of things you can feel accomplished in. The playerbase is also pretty decently sized. Biggest problem would definitely be lack of sustainability once you've accomplished those things though. Even the producer has said his goal is to have players complete content then unsub until the next patch (3 months or so.) Content will last you like a month if you're playing by yourself. Less of a time sink, but better content overall than GW2.

Vindictus is a dead ass korean MMO but the new rework of the game has really fixed a lot of issues with it. Has cute girls and cute dudes, and very satisfying combat. Basically plays like a fast paced Mon Hun. Only problem is the game is extremely dead and playing without friends can be a lot of suffering. If you can rope someone into play with you it's not a bad try if you like action games. Can definitely put a lot of time into the no-hit boss challenges and farming gear.
>>
File: 1498428190889.gif (1MB, 355x225px) Image search: [Google]
1498428190889.gif
1MB, 355x225px
>>387597908

Thanks for the summaries, I appreciate it.
>>
Gw2 only currently. I like the build diversity and the world design. I just run around the maps doing shit and the way you progress in masteries and doing cool stuff instead of gear and morre rehashed raids is a breath of fresh air compared to wow.
Apart from that not rly any upcomming mmos peaked my interest specially. They all just seem like "too good to be true, therefore it isnt true" or are reskins of the same junk we've been getting for years. I dunno senpai, mmos are in a shit place right now
>>
>>387597071
old school runescape is probably the best mmo on the market right now, since most mmos lack polish, and this game had like 15 fucking years to polish everything it needs to.
>>
>>387597071
Don't play MMOs, they're all shit.
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_081317_212338.jpg (219KB, 1858x1058px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_081317_212338.jpg
219KB, 1858x1058px
Im back to playing vanilla WoW. Its a real shame about Gummy, all the cool guys from my guild were going to roll there too.
>>
Star Trek Online is vastly underrated.
>>
File: 1449114653840.png (763KB, 787x830px) Image search: [Google]
1449114653840.png
763KB, 787x830px
After ArchAge, Blade and Soul, Black Desert, and Tree of Savior collectively shit their respective beds in a very short time span not too long ago, the collective trust and belief in MMO games has plummeted. Everyone lost all hopes, and there isn't really any major games being hyped right now. Of course, Korea is still pumping out these games twice a weekas usual, there just isn't any hype behind them.

Stay the fuck away from any games that have had "reworks" or "major patch fixes". When those actually get made the games are already fucked 100% of the time.
>>
>>387599657
WELL IF ALL YOU PLAY ARE KOREAN MMOS NO WONDER YOU THINK THEYRE ALL SHIT
>>
>>387600248
I can't help it, I am a weeb and all the western MMOs look bad to me. I always get roped into those games by nice designs, beautiful maps, and amazing music. Koreans get those things right every single time.

The problem is that they cannot grasp the idea that non-koreans are going to be playing those games. They write up the game's netcode like garbage because they assume everyone in it will be playing within a 100km radius around Seoul with a sub 20 ping at worst. They also ignore everything the international community wants in favor of what the korean players like, which we all know are two different kinds of players altogether.

Last, but not least, once they realize the game is failing hard and they haven't made back all the money they invested in the game yet, everything gets turned into RNG Gacha boxes and cubes. That's the moment MMOs die.
>>
>>387597071
WoW and FFXIV are the only decent MMOs
>>
Back to WoW after not playing since legion release
it's shit but at least the dungeons can be fun and relevant
no
>>
>>387598150
>Runescape
Kindly fuck off
>>
File: gritten alch.webm (3MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
gritten alch.webm
3MB, 630x354px
>>
>>387597908
>Vindictus
Played the first two dungeons spamming mouse buttons like a retard
Does it get good at some point or its just LMB RMB spam?
>>
>>387600617
Fuck You!
>>
>>387597071
>>What MMOs are you playing?
I'm playing Dragon's Dogma Online
>>What's good/bad about them?
Combat mostly. I like how it feels like Dragon's Dogma with updated classes. I'm not a huge mmo guy, but this does it for me.
>>Any upcoming games that I should be aware of?
I have no clue.
>>
>>387597071
Lord of the Rings Online
Good: Faithful to the books, Good Gameplay,
Bad: You can play if F2P if you dont mind grinding, But you can pay and you get a lot of stuff for for around 30-60$
I dont know mate
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.