[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: Lost Planet.jpg (39KB, 256x323px) Image search: [Google]
Lost Planet.jpg
39KB, 256x323px
2.99 dollars on steam currently. It looks pretty great but I don't really see much discussion about it anywhere.
>>
It's kinda weird. Probably worth playing for $3.
>>
FUKKEN GET IT
>>
Good third person shooter.
>>
>>387596434
>3 bucks
Holy shit yes. Between fucking around with the Anchor (Sick ass hookshot) and the mech suits, it's a really good third person shooter. I don't know what the status of the multiplayer is but it was a lot of fun back in the day
>>
>>387596434
I never played it but people always praised it.
>>
Do the games work? I saw reviews mentioning that they're broken.
>>
Pretty good snow for the time. One of the first DX10 games I believe.

Might want to get colonies edition for a dollar or so more, so that you won't feel like you are missing out on anything.
>>
>>387596434
It's a pretty bog-standard linear TPS with a time limit and mechs, that's it.
>>
>>387596434
This and 2 are the best TPS of last generation.
>>
>>387596434

LP2 is one of my favorite games of all time. LP1 is pretty good in its own right, worth a playthrough, especially at that price.
>>
>>387597052
You need to install the GFWL client for it to work as intended.

https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/games/game-setup/games-for-windows-live-info

>If you have a Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 device, click here, and then follow the steps to install the Games for Windows Live app.
>>
whyd they remove 2 from being able to be purchased
>>
>>387596434
It's fun, cool mechs and literal glowing weak spot enemies. I'd recommend Colonies edition if you can get it.

>>387597184
>>387597359
>tfw you will never be able to play online 2 again
>>
>>387597359
They are replenishing GFWL keys.

Sucks I know.
>>
Lost Planet: Extreme Condition has broken keyboard controls

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies Edition uses GFWL and is more expensive

I fucking love when games don't have an actual definitive edition
>>
>>387597220
Ah thank you. It seems LP2 is very broken as you cannot even purchase it.
>>
>>387596434
Absolutely worth it for 3 burgers.
>>
>>387596434
Yeah, it's a pretty solid 2007-esque third person shooter with a strong /m/ influence. The final mission is something straight out of Tekkaman or whatever else, same with most of the plot.

I haven't played the sequels, but you should absolutely check Extreme Condition out.
>>
>>387598560
This.
The ending was batshit curazay
>>
>>387598805
I could not beat that shit on keyboard.
>>
>>387596434
>I don't really see much discussion about it anywhere
You are 10 years late newfag.
Its a great game.
>>
>>387599039
I did, it was a challenge, but I did complete it.
I beat MGS with keyboard as well.
Now I'd connect my DS4 to the PC for it no question about it.
>>
LP2 is the better game but it’s tremendously broken on anything modern. Badly implemented GFWL basically destroyed any chance of the game working on 7/8/8.1/10
>>
>>387599305
It worked fine on Windows 7 I dont know what you were doing.
Takes 5 seconds to download games for windows live program and disable it so you can play the game.
>>
>>387599305
I had no problems playing 2 on Win 7 and 8.1. The problem was on your end.
>>
>>387599474
>>387599560
Explain why it got pulled from Steam then, and why there’s a ton of other people complaining about the same issue in the old steam forums.
>>
>>387599474
>>387599560
Not him, but does it actually work? You can't even buy it on steam.
>>
>>387597359
Because its fucking broken. Why they haven't made it steamworks instead of gfwl is beyond me.

Probably because LP3 is utter western trash.
>>
>>387599910
>>387599880
Guys are you too young to remember how this shit work?
Windows Live assistant i believe it was called it pops up when you start the game,press home on yor keyboard and pick play offline.
Its not that fucking hard
>>
>>387600049
Yes, I used to use GFWL. However, I never owned LP2 on PC and I've read nothing but bad shit about it. And again, they pulled it from sale on steam. which is why I'm asking.
>>
>>387600049
That’s the easy part to fix, but if you’re on one of hardware configurations that doesn’t even get that far you’re SOL.
>>
It's $2.99 anon, just take the plunge.
>>
>>387596434

I got it from a bundle. It's a pretty solid third-person shooter and I didn't have any real problems with the PC port. I'd say $3 is a fair price.

The final boss is bullshit, though. The game introduces all new mechanics just for the boss, and the fight ends up being a clusterfuck of nearly unavoidable damage. It was so frustrating and pointless that I uninstalled instead of finishing the game.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.