[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the GOTY and you all know it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: Sonic_Mania_Cover_1024x1024.jpg (142KB, 1024x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Mania_Cover_1024x1024.jpg
142KB, 1024x1023px
This is the GOTY and you all know it
>>
>>387595283
Nah Sega burned all that shit to the ground and are gonna fuck it up again with Sonic Forces: DeviantShart the game.

Real GOTY NieR Automata and if it's not the industry is fucked.
>>
>A Sonic game being GOTY
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>387595283
I thought Zelda got it, oh wait it will.
Mania is good but it has some issues like relying on old level designs to make parts of their games.
>>
>>387595283
this is the year of the platformer

>Crash
>Sonic
>Snake Pass
>most likely Mario Odyssey

Nier? Persona? Zelda? who needs cinematic experiences and open worlds when you have pure gameplay
>>
>>387597346
>Mania is good but it has some issues like relying on old level designs to make parts of their games.

Don't tell journalist students that they are living in blissful ignorance
>>
>>387595283
>not PUBG
lol
>>
File: DHUsdvBUMAEn1_x.jpg (91KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
DHUsdvBUMAEn1_x.jpg
91KB, 1200x675px
>>387597346
I just hope Mania's success leads to more games with unique level themes
>>
>>387595283
Breath of the Wild came first
>>
>A remake of a 15yr+ old game has been more entertaining than most AAA titles on the market lately

Really says something.
>>
>>387597495
>early access
>game
>>
>>387597548
>remake
???
>>
>>387595283
nah, good game thou loved press garden
>>
>>387597438
Because NieR Automata had story,gameplay, environment, music, and DLC on fucking point with a man who burned his whole budget, was not held back by his publisher and shat on them regularly, wrote more source material outside of the game to develop it more, and is pure madness.

Give me one solid reason you don't believe Yoko Taro should win fucking every catagory this fucking year.
>>
>>387595283
nier you cucks
a 2d sonic game with 6 rehashed stages being GOTY means you don't play enough video games or many video games any more
>>
>>387597610
>a 2d sonic game with 6 rehashed stages being GOTY means you don't play enough video games or many video games any more

Niercucks calling rehash is funny seeing as you have to replay the game like 3 times to get the real ending. Nier literally rehashes itself.
>>
>>387597692
t. never played the game
>>
>>387597692
>like 3 times
So you didn't play it, don't talk as if you have.
>>
>>387597747

Oh excuse me, 2 times. Is that better?
>>
>>387597593
>>387597610
>NieR Automata
Game was good but it definitely isn't goty, the gameplay is it's weakest point with gameplay that's about on par with Platinums weakest titles, and story wise it is just about average interms of what Yoko Taro has made because of the characters not being as good as previous ones.
And the DLC just being an arena was also boring.
>wrote more source material outside of the game to develop it more
Which I think is actually a bad thing that a lot of important information of the plot isn't even in the game.
>>387597692
>>387597849
>I literally haven't played the game but I'm going to talk about it like I do anyway
fuck off
>>
File: 1498435509533.jpg (491KB, 1110x1553px) Image search: [Google]
1498435509533.jpg
491KB, 1110x1553px
>>387597849
so you literally never played the game lol
stop posting anon
>>
File: prey-2017-poster-1.jpg (802KB, 1536x3370px) Image search: [Google]
prey-2017-poster-1.jpg
802KB, 1536x3370px
Prey is objectively GOTY

Forza 7 might beat it tho
>>
>>387597593
The world feels empty and poorly put together, it isn't fun to explore
Repetitive and shallow combat
Boss battles are a legit joke
Too much repeating the same scenarios
>>
>>387597849
>he thinks second playthrough is the same
Nice going idiot
>>
>>387597891
Systemcucks are not allowed to have an opinion.
>>
>>387597896

How is it not the same? Because you play a different character? Lol
>>
>>387597972
>frantically googling so he doesn't seem as big of an idiot
you need to play through the game three times to beat it
the game changes dramatically on the third playthrough, and on the second playthrough there are huge changes about halfway through and playing as 9S changes the gameplay completely because hacking is your main source of damage

Go play it, its fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhOZS98c4NY
>>
>>387597438
>Make Guy Go There is pure gameplay
In a way, I'm jealous that it takes so little for people like you to be pleased.
>>
>>387597863
You do know GOTY, means game of the year right and for the year of 2017 it was by far the best to offer. Rounding off towards the end of the year here there hasn't been anything better. But yes to say it's the weakest of the platinum games and weakest of the yoko taro games and still blows the fuck out of everything else in terms of an all rounder catagory is something. That's how fucking terrible the industry is and for a man to pour his soul still into it would show something seriously fucking wrong here if he didn't win. For what it's worth he did everything he could within the budget and time allotment he had and still managed to slip away from SquareEnix jew masters.
>>
File: It's not happening.gif (1MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
It's not happening.gif
1MB, 640x480px
>>387597346
Zelda will be GOTY because it's a decent big Zelda game. Sure it's barren and empty and has a lot of glaring flaws, but it's still a good game and it's also big and it's Zelda so who cares. Its only rival is probably Mario Odyssey.

Sonic will be lucky to be nominated because it's only a 2D game and not as big those two, no matter how good it is. Reviewers have also barely played Sonic games.

The simple fact is that Reviewcucks love Zelda and only care about big AAA's. There's simply not enough hype around Sonic Mania for it to GOTY. Nobody sucks Sonic's dick as much as they do Zelda, in fact they create memes that it has always been bad instead. Sonic cannot compete with the ultimate meme game of the year, just hope Mario Odyssey wins instead.
>>
>>387598074
>use your character's abilities and game physics to transverse various obstacles such as ever changing enemy types, various platform challenges, labyrinth-like level design, etc. to get to your destination

vs

>walk to X point without any real resistance to watch a cutscene
>>
File: girls_laughing.jpg (28KB, 398x241px) Image search: [Google]
girls_laughing.jpg
28KB, 398x241px
>Check benchmarks
>Silky smooth speedruns on consoles

>PC takes 2 weeks just to reach the title screen
>>
Grimwah will be GOTY, mark my fucking words.
>>
Should I get Mania?
I like Sonic games but not that "into" it like people who keep replaying the same stage.
>>
>>387598551
nah, unless you to perfect gameplay and do special stages and like unlocks you'll get an hour or two out of it of slow careful gamplay
>>
>>387597610
You can automatically tell anyone who calls the 6 remixed zones 'rehashes' hasn't played the game.
>>
>>387598603
oh dude im so sorry, the first zone being nearly identical and them throwing in some weird purple sticky pads for the second zone makes them BRAND NEW stages

I know sonic fags are super excited about having a not hot garbage game released for once but calm down, please.
>>
>>387597863
Even if the gameplay wasn't as deep as, let's say Bayonetta, it still blew the fuck out of Zelda and most of the other GOTY contenders.
Zelda especially had super clunky and unsatisfying combat. It's ONLY saving Grace was >muh xploration
It couldn't even do that right compared to Xenoblade Chronicles X
>>
>>387597438
Honestly?
Throw in Hollow Knight as a metroidvania platformer and throw Cuphead into that mix too as a Run-and-Gun platformer.
You're absolutely right.
>>
File: he who wake penguin.gif (194KB, 252x189px) Image search: [Google]
he who wake penguin.gif
194KB, 252x189px
>>387598676
>Completely new level designs
>Completely new bosses
>New enemies
>New zone gimmicks
>New graphics for almost everything

>B-But I saw it has the same name when I entered and the floor/background looks the same
You wouldn't post anything that's not your true opinion on /v/ in hopes for angry responses, would you?
>>
>>387597346
People realized BOTW was actually shit after the honeymoon period ended, it only got hype because it was a new mainline Zelda on a new console and back to a overworld sort of structure compared to the linear one of the previous. But people after giving it their 9s and 10s soon realized it was actually shit but it was too late to take back their scores.
>>
>>387597498
>boss with the Infinity Stone shows up
>timer goes haywire
Nice touch.
>>
>>387597894
>Empty
Yeah. Not necessarily a bad thing. New Vegas can feel empty. Had to the atmosphere.
>Poorly put together
No, that's wrong. The interconnectiveness of the world is expertly handled.
>Repetitive
Yeah, perhaps a little. To be expected in 60+ Hour game.
>Shallow
No, that's wrong. I'd post a webm of some of the possible combos and expert play, but I can't find them on this laptop.

The boss battles are clever. Not the hardest, but fun and inventive.

>Repeating the same scenarios
Are you just parroting what you heard on /v/ because this is easily the most false critique I keep hearing.
>>
>>387595283
It's mine
>>
File: 1503093770108.jpg (160KB, 646x584px) Image search: [Google]
1503093770108.jpg
160KB, 646x584px
>>387595283
>Sonic Mania
>Crash N-Sane
>Mario Odyssey
>Breath of the Wild
>Persona 5
this is the best year in forever
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.