[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's time for a Castlevania thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg (112KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania_SOTN_PAL.jpg
112KB, 380x384px
It's time for a Castlevania thread
>>
File: Castlevania- Aria of Sorrow.jpg (64KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Castlevania- Aria of Sorrow.jpg
64KB, 500x500px
It's time to discuss the greatest Castlekino ever made.
>>
>>387593237
What a piece of shit of a game. Series basically died after SC4 on SNES, with some occasionally good game on handleds
>>
>>387593435
handhelds*
>>
File: castelcross the road.png (714KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
castelcross the road.png
714KB, 800x480px
>>387593435
Nah, but SC4 is really underrated.

Also how is the PSP version of Rondo? I heard you can unlock the classic version so I just started emulating it.
>>
>>387593375
OP here. Didn't you see the pic? I already posted it.
>>
>>387593521
I'm sorry I don't own meme consoles
>>
>>387593521

>SC4
>underrated

Really? I must be being baited. Everyone dickrides SC4. I personally like it but not as much as Rondo, or even Adventure Rebirth, a game nobody ever talks about. Adventure Rebirth is legit, honestly. It's more accessible than the other old school Castlevanias I think, but that isn't really a flaw.

Also I find SC4 strangely hard. Not fun hard, but bullshit in a few places, like Stage 8 being basically instant death: the movie: the game, or the falling blocks in the ruins in Stage 3 that have no pattern, and the knockback is almost worse than the NES games. Them keeping the stupid "scroll up and everything below you is now death" crap from 3 was also a bad idea. It's still easier than most of the Classicvanias, but it's not a complete cakewalk like people who have been playing it since they left the womb think it is.

For me Rondo, Symphony, and Aria are the holy trinity of Castlevania.
>>
>>387593826
I typically only see praise for 1 and 2 when it comes to Classic Castelvania games, and after playing 4 I found it really goddamn enjoyable. 4 starts out really easy, but the final stretch was hard as fuck for me. Pretty much everything from the Treasury to the end is damn hard, and I also had a hard time with the catacombs because I was retarded.

I still neat to beat Rondo, SC4 is the only Classicvania I've beaten. 3 seems like it would frustrate me more than I'd enjoy.
>>
>>387593521
PSP version is great. You can set up different tracks to play on different levels and both the original SOTN and ROB are unlockable.
>>
>>387594204
A lot of people get put off with IV because shit only starts to get real once you get to the castle proper, which is like 4 levels in.
>>
Favorite sub-weapon? I like the Cross.
>>
>>387594725
>That CotM cross

Shit was amazing, if you could properly space it you would hit enemies like 20 times with a single cross.

>>387594415
The difficulty curve in SC4 is fucking amazing really, that and the game never feels unfair outside of like 2 sections. The part where you swing from a hook in the clocktower while going up can easily result in you slamming into enemies for a 1 hit death, and the floating platforms near the end can be some real bullshit.
>>
>>387594725

The Axe. Especially in Rondo. The game knows it too, and gives it to you all the time. It's also exceptionally useful in all 3 of the DS games and Rebirth.
>>
I really miss castlevania, why did they stop making them ?
>>
>>387595642
Konami hates video games.

Also is Lord of Shadow alright? I heard the first game was okay.
>>
I just finished Dawn of Sorrow on Julius Mode.
I love games which let you play with alternate characters. The world is so much more open too.
>>
>>387595923
>Love Castelvania games
>love different characters to play through games with
>don't think I've ever completed any of the games as the unlock able character

Most of the time they feel tacked on, but it is a nice thing to add. I should do a Richter run of SotN and a Julius run in AoS. Is OoE fun as that alternate dude?
>>
>>387596237
It was fun when I tried it, but his moveset is pretty big so the controls are a little confusing.
>>
>>387593237
Can I emulate all the good Castlevania games on PC?
>>
Anyone here likes the PS2 castlevanias?
>>
File: file.png (10KB, 220x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
10KB, 220x300px
>drops the Ancient Belt item that looks like Kamen Rider Black's belt
>Black never wore a scarf unlike many of the Showa Riders
This triggers my autism so much.
>>
File: Castelvania CoD.jpg (24KB, 250x318px) Image search: [Google]
Castelvania CoD.jpg
24KB, 250x318px
>>387596364
A large chunk of them, yes. Castelvania 1, 3, 4, Rondo are all great Classic games. Symphony of the Night, Circle of the Moon, Aria of Sorrow, and the DS games are all great with Order of Ecclesia being a more linear but fun game.

All of them are easy as fuck to emulate.

Also Curse of Darkness is kind of cool, the pet system is neat to fuck around with.
>>
>>387595772
It's more god of war than castlevania honestly
>>
>>387597163
None of the 3D Castelvania games are all that Castelvania. That and the chaos blades in GoW control pretty much exactly like whips.
>>
>>387596826
Thanks anon!
>>
>>387599194
1 is fairly hard and 3 can be ball crushingly hard, with 4 and Rondo being much easier to get into. The more Metroidvania ones are fairly easy though, with SotN being a cake walk and CotM being pretty hard at times.

Definitely all recommendable games though.
>>
>>387593826
>For me Rondo, Symphony, and Aria are the holy trinity of Castlevania.
My man.
>>
Why does Richter have so many moves in SotN, but not that many moves in Rondo?
>>
>>387601319
Because SotN is about throwing everything at the wall and hoping it sticks.
>>
>>387600585
Same
>>
got to stage 6 of Super IV yesterday, good so far, bosses are pretty lackluster though

what should I play next, Adventure Rebirth or Rondo? I wanted to ease my way into Classicvania and go in order of difficulty
>>
>>387596826
>tfw you live to see the day someone on /v/ makes a quality post
>>
>>387596237

Albus is disgustingly broken until you reach Eligor and Dracula. Teleporting is awesome but uses the touch screen, which sucks when you're left handed. The flying kick is godly though, fucks Blackmore super hard, and nothing resists his Optical Shot either.

>>387600585
>>387602985

I figured those three being the most liked would be pretty popular opinion for someone who isn't a classic purist.
>>
File: crx.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
crx.png
4KB, 160x144px
>>387593237
Apparently in castlevania belmonts revenge, they replaced the cross with a axe in the american verision. not sure why.
>>
I've finished CV 1, Rondo, SV4 and the chronicles game on PS1. I tried playing CV3 this week and this is just bullshit in every sense. That stage 9 where the boss is a clone of you was fucking impossible, I had to kill the guy by glitching him above me and throwing axes after like 200 retries, I'm not fucking kidding. Then the last stage is easier but if you die to Dracula you have to REPEAT that last part and I can't avoid getting hit by the fucking bats so I get to Dracula with half health and you die in two hits. This is the bullshitter game of all and I thought Chronicles was full of bullshit untill I played this game. Fuck CV3
>>
>>387605210
play the jap version if you suck so much at it.
>>
>>387605210
Yeah 3 has its fair share of "this is bullshit " moments, it's retared hard in an unfair way, i mean it didn't get his reputation as being one of the hardest nes games ever for nothing.
>>
>>387604579

Go Rebirth then. Your whip's hit range is pretty generous and it's bosses are pretty easy. Also on the default control scheme you have a controllable jump.

>>387605210

Yeah stage 9 is ridiculous, especially the fucking stairs. Alucard's stage 7 is horrendous though, those falling blocks are just awful and the level is way too long. For the pendulum hallway with bats before Dracula, Grant and Sypha have a shorter and quicker attack which helps more for the bats than the whip, and Grant's controllable jump is a great asset too. Alucard can just fly around the whole thing, the only thing he's really any good at. Still way too hard a game though.

I have never played Chronicles. I kind of want to, but have no legal means of doing so and I just don't enjoy games as much unless I own them legit for some reason.
>>
>>387605550
do you have a ps3 or psp since you could buy chronicles that way I suppose
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.