[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Game design jokes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

>Stealth game
>let's you save your game whenever/wherever you wanted
>no timed missions
Stealth games are too easy and forgiving.
>>
Stealth purists are ridiculous.
>>
>>387592992
Wait, Thi4f was on the PS3?
>>
>>387592992
>square enix
>games
>stealth
>gameplay
>>
>>387593749
they apply to all Stealth games like Metal Gear, Splinter Cell and whatnot.
>>
Timed missions fucking suck and nobody is forcing you to save whenever/wherever. It's a singleplayer game so play it how you want to.
>>
>>387592992
I really liked how Hitman had limited saves per mission, and no saves on the hardest difficulty. MGS also has a neat save system as it doesn't allow you to restart your game from the exact spot you saved at. It is an issue with Chaos Theory though, and if you feel too much tension you can exploit that shit heavily.
>>
>>387593690
Yeah it was on last gen consoles

>that xbox 360 stream
>>
>>387593795
>metal gear
>stealth

it's an action game with stealth elements
>>
>>387593802
t.casul
>>
>>387592992
>Ultimate Stealth
>Hitman Absolution....
>>
>>387594361
>>387594148
(You)
>>
>>387592992
Timed missions are cancer. They put too much pressure on the player in genre about patience.
>>
>>387592992
>don't have to save
>can try to speedrun

wow dude it's so hard to have your own fun.
>>
>>387594042
EH
EH
EH
HARDER
EH
EH
PINCH MY NIPPLES
EH
>>
>>387595595
But other people might play the game wrong!
>>
>>387592992
So, what's the /v/erdict on Thief 4? I just completed it but I haven't decided whether I like it or not because I first need to know what /v/ thinks of it so I can fit in.
>>
>>387595670
FORGET THE GLOOM, IF I CATCH THE FOUNDRYMANS DROOP..
>>
>>387592992
>Splinter Cell: Double Agent gives you timed stealth missions where you can't kill or knock out anyone
>it's as pure stealth as pure stealth gets
>the stealth purists find out they aren't actually good at stealth games without convenient shadows, unlimited time, and gadgets
>collectively lose their shit and call it the worst game in the series
Still gets a chuckle out of me.
>>
File: 1495863363686.gif (535KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1495863363686.gif
535KB, 250x188px
>>387595860
/v/ adores it. Easily the best game in the series. Make sure to tell everyone how much better it is than the others and call them a contrarian faggot if they say otherwise.
>>
>>387596167
Double Agent (7th gen version) is the worst because it barely works and has binary visibility system.
>>
Timed mission aren't bad. An overabundance of timed mission is bad.
>>
>>387595562
>They put too much pressure on the player in genre about patience
this is precisely why they are a necessity.
>>
>>387593690
Yes. Last Gen consoles lasted longer, at least on ps3.
>>
>>387595860
>>387596468
Actually, /v/ hates it. One anon even called it the worst game he had ever played
>>
>>387597423
Shh, idiot. Let him say he loves it and make a fucking fool out of himself.
>>
>>387597481
Why would he make a fool of himself by saying he likes a well made game?
;)
>>
>>387596762
Following this logic, it's necessary for shooters to have forced stealth sections.
>>
>>387596483
>Double Agent (7th gen version) is the worst
Wrong.
>because it barely works
Wrong. PS3 port is dogshit but the 360 version works fine. PC version works fine apart from an easily-remedied bug on the cruise ship where one-half of a set of double doors won't open to let a guard through. Fixed with the .ini in twenty seconds or with a distraction in one second.
>and has binary visibility system.
Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong, and this is a misconception that DA is often unfairly criticized for. The ONLY binary thing is the HUD. Rather than showing a meter for feedback, you got a set of lights. That's literally the only change from Chaos Theory. AI detection and reaction are identical. The only Splinter Cell game with a binary detection system is Conviction.

Fact: 7th-gen Double Agent is the best game in the series.
>>
Well the Hitmans I played did a really cool thing where the higher the difficulty the less saves you have.

As for the other games. Just because you can save any time you want doesn't mean you have to. When I play stealth games I save before the mission, never during it. Cause in single player games you can create your own challenge. Cause most are piss easy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.