[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: dow3.jpg (41KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
dow3.jpg
41KB, 460x215px
Anyone?
>>
Dead Game General?
>>
File: 1415221040699.jpg (45KB, 498x558px) Image search: [Google]
1415221040699.jpg
45KB, 498x558px
Nope.
>>
Is it really that bad or is it just hobbiest autistic screeching?
>>
>>387585515

It's not the worst designed game in the world, but it commits one grievous sin - it's fucking boring.
>>
>>387585563
Is it worth it at half price just to do skirmishes offline? Need my fix but I'm sick of dow1/2
>>
>>387585742

For $30? Yeah I'd say you should get your moneys worth. You can at least fuck around with different elite loadouts before you get bored.

Who knows, you might even end up liking the game.
>>
>>387585515
>hobbiest
More like the fans of DoW and DoW II. DoW III caters to neither of these established audiences at all and instead attempts and fails to pull in the assfaggots crowd.
>>
>>387586465
DoW fans absolutely hated DoW II at launch though, now most have done a complete 180.
>>
>>387586905
No, Dow II was divisive and a lot of Dow I fans do not like it stil. It did succesfully garner its own fan base so now the broader DoW community is split between I and II. They got arrogant with III, ignored both sections of that community instead of going for a middle ground and this time the game was shit and pulled in no new fans.
>>
File: no thanks.png (90KB, 348x519px) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.png
90KB, 348x519px
>New item in inventory
Nice try steam, but no.
>>
>>387587016
That sounds pretty accurate. I'm mostly turned off by them stripping the cover system
>>
>>387585409
I never made a video for jewtube but this game compels me to create a documentary compilation of all things it made wrong.

Some of those things cause autistic inner rage whenever I see them like all resources in one capture point.
>>
>>387585515
It's alright, I've played 36 hours so far.

The campaign was atrocious, it could have been cool, but the missions were just poorly designed.
Soundtrack is pretty cool though, fits well with the game.

There just isn't enough variety. The three factions have some variety, but since the devs clearly modeled the game after Starcraft and esports titles, everything is roughly the same, just looks different with different stats. I hope once the expansion comes out that they add units that wildly alter the way the factions play and make them truly different.

Sure, the factions have different mechanics to them, Eldar have fleet of foot and teleporting buildings, shields and so on. Orcs have scrap and waagh. Space Marines have drop pods and, well, nothing, space marines are boring, but strong.

The elites can be fun, but the game is balanced around them, especially the end-game ones. If you play a game without the end-game elites it becomes a huge slog, although it can also make for interesting games where you actually have to outplay your opponent and not just slap an elite on their army.

So all Relic need to do is add more factions, more units, and balance the factions away from each other. Currently it's "competitive" in the sense that units are balanced, but balance can make things boring, which in this case it sometimes is.

Give the game a chance if you want to, it's 30€/dollars if you have the discount coupon.
>>
>>387588337
>since the devs clearly modeled the game after Starcraft and esports titles, everything is roughly the same

But Starcraft is a great example of factions that play differently.
>>
>>387585409
>>387585441
it's 5 45 in the morning and it's got almost 1000 people online surprisingly.

>>387585515
The core game is great but there is a lack of content, even multiplayer maps and the game is $60

really surprised they haven't announced new factions yet, they're really dragging their asses
>>
>>387588448
Are they even going to be adding more? I figured with it being a commercial failure they would be cancelling future plans. And before you cite peak numbers, remember how easy it is to get a refund now.
>>
>>387586905
If its the only newer thing out there its all you can suck up to. Eventually thristy for a new game people will start playing DOW3. Not because they like it, but because its all they have left
>>
>>387588994
I think the game sold pretty well all things considered. Most people just dropped the game after playing the campaign I imagine.

This game could become fantastic if they were to add more factions. Having 6+ factions would be amazing. Next expansion is probably Necron and maybe Chaos
>>
>>387587051
Weird, I got this too randomly yesterday
>>
>>387592070
Maybe because there's nothing random about it, you retard.
>>
>>387588448
>it's 5 45 in the morning and it's got almost 1000 people online surprisingly.

They have been spamming steam inventories with 50 percent off coupons

got mine dont think i will redeem it any time soon
>>
File: 1447322207974.png (14KB, 364x322px) Image search: [Google]
1447322207974.png
14KB, 364x322px
>that desperate 50% off coupon
>"p-please buy our MOBA"
>still only 1000 players even though they sent that coupon to fucking everyone

Feels so damn good, I remember the cocksleeves and shills before release being smug that it would sell boatloads because it was 40k anyway and they'd have the last laugh.

Where are you now, dear shills?
>>
>>387588337
A good honest assessment. I thought the multiplayer was bretty good, decent netcode plays nice with lots of options with elites and how to build, lots of actives so keeps play somewhat exciting. Too much invis play where the only counter is workers which is annoying.
Campaign is rather dull. Only the ork missions are any good and only for a laugh.
Seems like everyone already has one but if anyone wants the 50% discount coupon i'll give mine.
>>
>Space Marines have unkillable unit models with heroes that never die and can deep strike anywhere
>orks can hold out and win with bullshit WAAAGH buffs
>eldar can't win no matter what
>no defensive turrets
>doctrines
no thanks
>>
>>387592321
it's 7 in the fucking morning
>>
>>387592321
>it would sell boatloads because it was 40k
Relic probably thought they same, but now we live in an age in which GW hand out licenses to every incompetent and tiny team that asks so we are inundated with terrible 40k games.
>>
>>387592396
>Space Marines have unkillable unit models with heroes that never die and can deep strike anywhere
Except drop pods have long cooldowns and if you do it wrong you can fuck yourself completely since your units will die before they manage to do anything. Don't even know what you mean by unkillable, they are slow and easily engaged.

>orks can hold out and win with bullshit WAAAGH buffs
Kill their towers from afar and roll over them. Wow, that was hard

>eldar can't win no matter what
This point I kinda agree with, I still like playing with them

>no defensive turrets
Well, there are defensive turrets in that core mode, and they added annihilation with defenses as well, so you're flat out wrong on that one. There is even a doctrine for building turrets in the field.

>doctrines
Makes it so that you can tailor your playstyle to your liking, it's a neat idea, although balancing them is hard.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhqWHIq-aZw
>>
>>387585409
>Anyone?
Maybe if you buy it for me i'd consider playing it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.