[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does no one like Sonic 3 sonic sprites?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: KaNox.png (4KB, 151x198px) Image search: [Google]
KaNox.png
4KB, 151x198px
Why does no one like Sonic 3 sonic sprites?
>>
I think it looks the best
>>
>>387584994
who said we didnt?
>>
>>387584994
the smile
>>
>>387585375

A lot of rom hacks use the sonic 1/2 or cd sprite
>>
I like it but some people don't like the small eyes and giant boxing gloves
>>
I like but I've always just slightly preferred Sonic CD
>>
I remember when I made sprite comics about 15 years ago and I always found the Sonic 3 sprite to be a bit uncouth. Sonic 2 is just much more sophisticated in its pixelwork.
>>
Looks goofy as fuck compared to the other classic games.
The smile is the worst part, but the eyes and hand positions are shit too.
>>
>>387584994
>no one
???
>>
>>387584994
The smile sucks
There's a reason Mania got rid of it
>>
>>387585475
I never even noticed the smile as a kit. It's not that bad
>>
>>387584994
It's kind of pillow-shadey. Almost like it was a 3D render that was traced, but not quite?

Compared to Sonic 2's which has a nice sleek, flat look which gives it more of a simplified traditional animation feel.
>>
>>387584994
It is the best
>>
Because Sonic 3's design starts leaking into a different artstyle that the previous games don't share; 1/2/CD have cartoony, surreal designs that are what people think of when they hear "Classic Sonic," cute and adhering to classic Mickey Mouse and Felix the Cat style design.

Sonic 3's sprites started moving Sonic towards a more grounded, realistic artstyle that emphasized Sonic's coolness instead of his cuteness. In a lot of ways, Sonic 3 feels like the true bridge between Classic and Modern Sonic; you can actually see a lot of Modern Sonic's design philosophy in the Sonic 3 sprites.
>>
>>387585738
/thread
>>
>>387585738
>>387585838
XD
XD
XD
XD
XD
XD
>>
>>387585475
I can never look at that Sonic without thinking his eye is leaking/disconnected and part of his face
>>
>>387584994
Sonic 3 Sonic looks closer to his American Sonic promotional art and not his classic design because the devs knew that Sonic was way more popular in the west. The sprites caputure his edge. When the 90's ended, so did Sonic 3s sprites.
>>
>>387585475
I've always hated the swirls and Naruto arms in 2D.
I'm sad that Mania uses them, but whatever.
>>
>>387586374
Same. "Naruto arms" is the sorta shit that will influence a new generation to shame themselves replicating that shit in school. Poor kids.
>>
>>387584994
I like it the most, has more detail than the other games
>>
>>387584994
It feels like some sorta Classic/Modern hybrid IMO. Spikes are just a bit too pointy and the pupils are a bit too small.
>>
>>387586570
I like sonics orientation to the screen in this one. It seems more natural the way he stands and faces as opposed to the flat 2D sprites of the first 2 games
>>
>>387584994

He looked like he put on some weight

However, I don't think putting Sonic 1/2's sprites into Sonic 3 works either, and I wish those S3C faggots would shut up about it.
>>
Because he looks like a circular glossy piece of shit. What the fuck is that weird O.o mouth shit supposed to be?
>>
>>387586782
It's not a dot mouth, it's a nike swoosh mouth like he has in modern games
>>
>>387584994
It's literally the best one, he looks so pissed off in the others
>>
Sonic looked slightly older in Sonic 3.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.